The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales backs for Six Nations 2013

+2
bedfordwelsh
RogerLewis
6 posters

Go down

Wales backs for Six Nations 2013 Empty Wales backs for Six Nations 2013

Post by RogerLewis Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 pm

15. Liam Williams (Was very good today he is a full back. Better in the air than Halfpenny)
14. Alex Cutherbert (Better finisher than North. North needs a game on the bench to make him realise he's not superman)
13. Jonathan Davies (Absolute class)
12. Gavin Henson (Come on. Wales still don't have a 12 as good as him and we DESPERATELY need more space and brains in midfield)
11. Leigh Halfpenny (Used to score tries for fun when he was on the wing)
10. James Hook
9. Anyone but Phillips, Knoyle or Lloyd Williams. Would LOVE to see Gareth Davies.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Wales backs for Six Nations 2013 Empty Re: Wales backs for Six Nations 2013

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 pm

If Henson genuinely proves he's back to his best then fine lets use but lets use him at 10 and put Scott Williams in the centre as Hook is no better then the rest of them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Nice backline. And it would also be nice to see Henson back, I hope it's the form choice though. Roberts hasn't been doing too well so that should see him down the pecking order. I think Biggar would do better at fly-half. The three no.9's should be Phillps, G Davies and J Evans (like it should have been for this autumn).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 pm

RogerLewis wrote:15. Liam Williams (Was very good today he is a full back. Better in the air than Halfpenny)
14. Alex Cutherbert (Better finisher than North. North needs a game on the bench to make him realise he's not superman)
13. Jonathan Davies (Absolute class)
12. Gavin Henson (Come on. Wales still don't have a 12 as good as him and we DESPERATELY need more space and brains in midfield)
11. Leigh Halfpenny (Used to score tries for fun when he was on the wing)
10. James Hook
9. Anyone but Phillips, Knoyle or Lloyd Williams. Would LOVE to see Gareth Davies.

Perhaps North might not start thinking he was superhuman if you lot would stop making thousands of suggestions he's superhuman...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:39 am

Henson still has a long way to go unfortunately. He is playing well at London welsh, but not international quality.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:32 am

For our first game I expect Lydiate will still be out but most of the rest of our wounded should be back and had a few games under their belts.

Hopefully barring injuries

1. James,
2. Rees.
3. Adam
4. Evans
5. Charteris
6. Ryan
7. Warburton
8. Faletau
9. Phillips
10. Biggar
11. North
13. JD
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

16. Gethin
17. Hibbard
19. Mitchell
20. Bradley
21. Tavis, Webb or Williams
22. Priestland or Hook
23. Roberts

The inside centre position is the big conundrum. I have never been convinced by Roberts as a 12 and have always wanted him deployed in the outside channels hitting space rather than constantly looking for contact. He is fast and would cause havoc in the defensive line. However his form at the moment is poor both for the blues and Wales and JD deserves the 13 shirt on merit.

Beck as a natural inside centre and can provide the guile at 12 but his defence is suspect at this level imo. Similarly Hook has never convinced at 12 and defensively isnt up to the job. JD does play 12 for the scarlets with Scott williams outside him and that could be a good option for Wales.

Then we have he who shall not be named playing himself back into contention at the Exiles. Ive watched a couple of games this season and he is playing well and whilst I dont see him playing ten for wales a return at 12 gives us the kind of distribution to set our strike runners free. By February I guess we shall see how he has developed and whilst i initially felt he needed a season, perhaps he is going to be ready.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:34 am

I think Scott Williams looked good yesterday and would start with him and JD
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:I think Scott Williams looked good yesterday and would start with him and JD

Agreed, Roberts hasn't really looked that great in attack this season, I think half his mind is on France, defensively he is sound but Williams is not too shabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down