The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insanity.

4 posters

Go down

Insanity. Empty Insanity.

Post by hampo17 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

Since the arrival of my son 10 months ago, I haven't had any time to go to the gym and so I fell in to a very lazy lifestyle, put on weight and got fat Sad . A friend of mine mentioned the Insanity workout, a DVD which he'd been doing at home. Basically a 60 day plan of interval training, but instead of low intensity with bursts of high intensity it's high intensity with pockets of rest. The idea is you work the hardest you can work only taking rests when they are really needed.

So I thought I'd give it a go, did my first session last night and couldn't walk afterwards. It is one of those where you have to push yourself and really trust that yourself to work 100%. Tonight is the first weigh night and I'm actually scared of what I'll weigh because I know it isn't going to be pretty, but I'm gonna stick to it and record my progress here.

Has anyone else tried this workout or something similar? Any hints and tips for a fatty Laugh ?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Insanity. Empty Re: Insanity.

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Nov 2012, 4:38 pm

Hi Hampo

Good to hear you're doing something about it, and also that you are doing it properly. It is oh so easy to slack off when training at home.

I'm looking forward to hearing of your progress on here.

Hints and tips?

Don't do too much too soon, it could lead to injury. A few nights a week is sufficient.

Your diet is every bit as important as the working out. Try to cut out bad carbs in the form of white bread etc, eat low fat foods where possible (though nuts are a 'good' source of fat - they should however be eaten in moderation due to their high calorie count).

In fact, take a look at the diet thread in this section, you should pick up some useful information there.

Best of luck.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

Good advice.....

Enjoy your kid too Hampo!!...

before he grows up, gets fresh and thinks he's twice as smart as you!!! boxing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

Cheers FOF, just done what I can in tonights session and have to admit this is tough, its a lot of explosive jumps and movements that I'm not used to, and so my body gets buggered really quickly haha.

Weighed in at 240lbs which is horrific but better than I anticipated as I thought I'd be nearer the 19 stone mark. Hard work till the next weigh day now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:29 pm

Keep us updated pal. Good idea to do the explosive movements...real fast fat burners and great for getting that heart rate up. Burpees are an excellent exercise.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:44 am

What are your goals Hampo?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:46 am

Aiming to drop 6 stone mate, obviously toning up will come through the exercise but getting rid of that 6 stone is the top goal.

Obviously not in the 60 days Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 28 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

I've always been a but sceptical of these instruction videos. If all you are bothered about is losing fat then I would personally recommend sprint training, with perhaps the odd 30 min jog on rest days.

I typically sprint twice per week, my sessions look something like this...

Session 1:
4x300
4x150
4x80

Session 2
6x150
4x100
2x60

You need to make sure you are working at 100 percent so rest is important. It is very hard so make sure you build up to it.

You can do as much training in the world but the diet needs to be right to lose weight. Meals can still be tasty and healthy. Don't eat to many carbs when your body is idle, wasted energy.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down