The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insanity Workout

+7
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
Geordie
SirJohnnyEnglish
Fists of Fury
11 posters

Go down

Insanity Workout Empty Insanity Workout

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:51 am

Morning all

Firstly, have you heard of this?

It seems to be all the craze among a few of my friends/acquaintances at the moment, and they all rave about the difference it is making to their bodies.

I believe it is a workout DVD based on 6 days on (40 mins per day) and 1 day off.

Have any of you tried it? Wondering what peoples thoughts are on it.

Bit of a different one to the usual weightlifting threads.

Cheers

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Insanity Workout Empty Re: Insanity Workout

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:57 am

I've just heard of it recently, a gym near a friend of mine lives has just started it along with a boxing/kickboxing workout. From what I gather its a form of aerobics & circuit training. Another friend of mine in UK works at a sports centre and does all of these types of classes & the success rate for people achieving their goals is high. It seems going back to basic bodyweight exercises, core strength & cardio seems to be the way forward after all the BS quick fix & modern machines that do the work for you. Old school training with a new school twist. You gonna give it a go?

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:43 pm

I've worked the program. Did it last summer but restarted it again since the new year. Its all body weight exercises done through maximum interval circuits working on cardio and core strength. Very enjoyable once you get into it if your the type like me that enjoys completly blowing yourself out.

First 5 weeks or so is about 40 mins a day but the last 4 weeks tip the hour mark each day. Has done the rounds online for free download. Sure you could find it if you had a look.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

I do loads of it and have done for years and years...its just body weight high intensity workouts remarketed.

For anyone wanting to get fit and conditioned i swear by it...but you dont need to buy it...just make your own up.

For example after a good boxing session we finish with a 12 minute session...1m for each with no breaks. Its brutal.

High Knee Running on the spot (Knees as high as possible)
Press ups
Sprinting on the spot
Burpees with a star jump
Hindu press Ups
Star Jumps
Sit ups with twist left right at top
Jumping lunges
Mountain Climbers
V.Up sit ups.
Frog Burpees - Press up position just bring your legs to your hands and back
Finish with Burpees star jump and press up...

We do alot of burpees as we think they are amongst the ultimate body weight exercise.

You can make your own up...over an hour session etc...great workout. If you go on youtube..and look for insanity training...or more generically high intensity training you will find everything you need.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 21 Feb 2013, 4:55 pm

Yeah when it snowed recently I did my own in the house, Geordie.

Burpees are by far and away the ultimate exercise...agreed!

That sounds like a killer workout, might give it a go. Just nice to do some bodyweight exercise now and again..bit different to the same old weights routine and it is bloody good for you.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm

Has anyone here done boxcircuits? A class has just started up at my local gym and was thinking of giving it a go.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 21 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282081/60-year-old-fitness-fanatic-CrazyDrummer-shows-impressive-physique.html#comments

This man has SFW

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

I've boxed people before but not circuits.......... Wink ..I'll try it I might have more success!!

As for the insanity workout...I hate to waste workout time on aerobic stuff.....

So I'll give it a miss.....................But let us know how you get on Fisty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 21 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

superflyweight wrote:Has anyone here done boxcircuits? A class has just started up at my local gym and was thinking of giving it a go.

Usually the type of thing women do.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Has anyone here done boxcircuits? A class has just started up at my local gym and was thinking of giving it a go.

Sweaty women in lycra - sounds perfect.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:28 am

Actually some boxercise classes are ok...it depends what the instructor is like...

The one at my gym is very intense....me and some of my boxing mates do it now and again...its a good workout....its just circuits mixed with boxing moves...and the added bonus of seeing some sexy ladies ...well theres always the not so sexy aswell that shouldnt go anywhere near lycra...but do Erm

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 2:23 pm

Sweaty women in lycra raspberry ...Keep talking. raspberry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

That's often how its been marketed especially when I first came across it late 90's. From my experience women seem more interested in cardio/circuit based training than men, it seems to get them the results they want, where as so many guys try to get in shape by lifting weights & taking supplements.

As somebody else mentioned it the quality depends on the quality of the trainer. I did a bit around 2005 with a guy that was a decent amateur, read an article about him & checked it out, really good, very tough. He did say that he did a lot more technique than most others.

@superflyweight I'd recommend giving it a go, I don't know if you've done any boxing before, if not this may give you a little insight & get your fitness levels up and maybe you'll take the next step.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:48 pm

sohotnot wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

That's often how its been marketed especially when I first came across it late 90's. From my experience women seem more interested in cardio/circuit based training than men, it seems to get them the results they want, where as so many guys try to get in shape by lifting weights & taking supplements.As somebody else mentioned it the quality depends on the quality of the trainer. I did a bit around 2005 with a guy that was a decent amateur, read an article about him & checked it out, really good, very tough. He did say that he did a lot more technique than most others.

@superflyweight I'd recommend giving it a go, I don't know if you've done any boxing before, if not this may give you a little insight & get your fitness levels up and maybe you'll take the next step.

That's because if you don't mind being big and muscled you can eat whatever the eff you want Laugh your muscles will burn it off. Fists wants to maintain a certain size and fitness so eats accordingly. Truss wants to sculpt his body and eats accordingly. Girls reckon it would look manly so don't bother.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 12:43 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

That's often how its been marketed especially when I first came across it late 90's. From my experience women seem more interested in cardio/circuit based training than men, it seems to get them the results they want, where as so many guys try to get in shape by lifting weights & taking supplements.As somebody else mentioned it the quality depends on the quality of the trainer. I did a bit around 2005 with a guy that was a decent amateur, read an article about him & checked it out, really good, very tough. He did say that he did a lot more technique than most others.

That's because if you don't mind being big and muscled you can eat whatever the eff you want Laugh your muscles will burn it off. Fists wants to maintain a certain size and fitness so eats accordingly. Truss wants to sculpt his body and eats accordingly. Girls reckon it would look manly so don't bother.

The point I was trying to make was the average woman who wants to get in shape is happy to do classes that are hard work & get results, where as the average man, not the serious trainer like those that you mentioned, wants to get fit/in shape so goes to his local gym & pushes a few weights with minimum instruction, lack of good routine & poor technique. Spends up to a 2 hours in there with only about 30 mins actual training, hardly sweats & doesn't see great results. I have a friend that does these classes & its mostly women, he's pretty hardcore drill sargent style but he gets the results, I find a lot of men don't like this style. You will never have an athletic body unless you train like an athlete.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 23 Feb 2013, 12:45 pm

I know, it was just a lighthearted comment.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:01 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:I know, it was just a lighthearted comment.

Ya little rascal!!

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 6:38 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Morning all

Firstly, have you heard of this?

It seems to be all the craze among a few of my friends/acquaintances at the moment, and they all rave about the difference it is making to their bodies.

I believe it is a workout DVD based on 6 days on (40 mins per day) and 1 day off.

Have any of you tried it? Wondering what peoples thoughts are on it.

Bit of a different one to the usual weightlifting threads.

Cheers

I've been doing this for a while, think I posted a thread last year. Haven't got time to go to the gym due to work and having two young children so started doing this at home.

Really good workout, actually look forward to doing it each night.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:11 am

Finished it four times now and have started doing it in the morning before heading to work. Sticking to the first month programme though as the 40 minute routines work out perfectly for me. 

Same as Hampo enjoy doing it. Really freshens me up for the day and its a great total body workout

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:11 pm

I've heard about this. Do you need anything other than the DVD? Weights etc?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

The full DVD set of these routines costs around £100.

So you're basically paying a hundred quid for someone to tell you how to perform excercises?

Rolling Eyes 

No wonder they call it Insanity.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I've heard about this.  Do you need anything other than the DVD?  Weights etc?

Pretty sure it's just the DVDs Ozzy.

My brother in law has been doing it, and seen some decent results after a few weeks.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 3:42 pm

Might take a look at it then.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 05 Aug 2013, 4:33 pm

I have the videos on the laptop if your interested Pete thumbsup 

SirJohnnyEnglish