The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer?

+4
AdZacO
Sugar Boy Sweetie
eddyfightfan
Liam_Main
8 posters

Go down

Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer? Empty Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer?

Post by Liam_Main Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:14 pm

According to the latest boxing news coming down the pike, 34-year-old Erik Morales (51-7, 35 KO’s) and 37-year-old and Marco Antonio Barrera (67-7, 44 KO’s) could be squaring off for a 4th fight on July 30th. Morales recently showed interest in the fight and Barrera, who hasn’t done much in the past three years, immediately liked the idea and said he’d like to do the fight. Morales recently gave knockout artist Marcos Maidana all he could handle earlier this month in a close 12 round decision loss on April 9th. Morales showed brief glimpses of what he used to be as a fighter despite tiring and losing the last two rounds of the fight to come up short. Morales suffered a closed right eye that kept him from seeing out of the eye from the 3rd round on.

This fight might not be as big as some people think because both Morales and Barrera have been out of the spotlight for so long and many newer fans of the sport will likely have not seen too much – if any – of their previous fights and not be aware that they fought three times in the past. Without either Morales or Barrera doing much in recent years to stay in the minds of fans, it may hurt how well a fourth fight would do with fans. It would sure to be a PPV bout but the success of the fight would be questionable unless they put it along with some excellent undercard fights with younger, more recognizable fighters that the younger fans know well.

Source:Boxingnews 24

What do you think of this? Both fighters are old and a 4th fight surely wouldn't make us any clearer on whos the better fighter this fight seems a better option than him fighting Ricky Hatton and Morales and Barrera could get one last big payday the winner of this could maybe fight for a world title but the loser should permanently hang up the gloves.

Who do you think will win this fight and why?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer? Empty Re: Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer?

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:25 pm

i think both fighters are well past there best, so could be a even match up. with this and the morales/hatton negotians it sounds like morales in looking for too make some money

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer? Empty Re: Barrera vs Morales 4 in the summer?

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:31 pm

I must be psychic:

Re: Hatton V Morales
 by Sugar Boy Sweetie Today at 12:54 pm

Ricky Hatton is in appalling shape for a guy of 32, everytime I see him he's fat and sweaty. Noted he's lost a few pounds since his newspaper scandal, but he's still at least 3 stone overweight. It would take him 6 months to get into proper fighting shape - if he were to try and do it in 12 weeks he'd be as weak as a kitten. Even if he could shift enough weight to make 140lb, there's then the issue of ring rust. Morales has had 4 fights since his comeback, he eased himself into things before his big fight with maidana. He's now in the groove, his reflexes and timing look good. If Ricky were to rush into a 3 month camp, boil the weight off then fight morales with no tune up he'd get stopped in 5. If he were to lose the weight slowly first, then go into camp, then have a tune up, then fight morales it could be decent, but that would take a year. But has he the motivation for all that for a fight that doesn't really mean anything? I doubt it. I'll be amazed if we see Ricky back in the ring. I'd be less surprised to see a 4th instalment of the morales barrera saga, as MAB has won his last two fights and is scheduled to contest the IBF 135lb title in June.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 24 Apr 2011, 12:56 am

Good call Sugar boy.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 24 Apr 2011, 1:25 am

This would be a Morales win. And not an accepted fight, as myself, I am a fan of both. Two of the best warriors and atrists. I would hate to see the trilogy backed up by this farce.

Love both, and my memories, too much for this to happen. It would be a disgrace.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 26 Apr 2011, 2:09 pm

this fight is justifed to me because both fighters are about evenly faded. it would still be a spectical to watch- if not quite the standard of the first 3- but hey you cant be in your prime forever and especially if this was both fighters last fight i think it would be amazing finalie from 2 off the most exciting fighters from our time

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 26 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

Hope this happens Morales proved he wasn't in as bad shape as we all thought against Maidana. It probably won't match the first 3 but Morales will be desperate to tie their series and Barrera will be desperate for it not to be tied. Both will make a lot of money which both fully deserve great fighters and modern day legends. It won't be but if it was box office I would pay to watch it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 26 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

Yeah i couldn't think of a better fight out there for either of them, makes both of them a mint, the whole boxing world would be watching, and they can put there great rivalry on the line one more time, what a great way it would be for both to retire.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:06 am

I think Barrera is further past it than Morales. Would be sad to see one of these two legends potentially exposed.

Boxing Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

Ricky Hatton is NO longer aloud to box, there is no chance of a comeback his boxing licence was taken away from him because of the cocaine scandal, he doesn't have to stay in shape he can become like Fat Mick Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down