The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 17 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by bhb001 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:26 am

Adam D wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Watched Oblivion last night, decent watch. Nice little twist and set up when all is revealed at the end.
Statue of Liberty half buried in the sand?
Those stinking apes!!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:35 am

Iron Man 3 - I'm not a comic book buff and therefore not going to go into meltdown like some did over it but it was enjoyable enough. It's probably best to adopt the attitude whereby you going not expecting anything earth shattering and you likely to end up feeling relatively satisfied.

Paltrow's screen time is kept to a minimum and that for me elevates the film above the mediocre

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:50 pm

snitch
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:06 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:snitch
Started watching it, got to the bit where the Rock meets the drug dealer and offers to haul stuff for him...fell asleep.
Is it work sticking with?

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:07 pm

Snatch
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:09 pm

Snatched

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:15 pm

Snow Dogs.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:20 pm

Invasion of the body Snatchers

and

Straw Dogs

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
nadeem2099 wrote:snitch
Started watching it, got to the bit where the Rock meets the drug dealer and offers to haul stuff for him...fell asleep.
Is it work sticking with?
No. The whole plot is stupid. And the ending is bs.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:25 pm

Snitch yes. I enjoyed it.It is trash though I agree. But half decent trash

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:12 pm

Am watching the Ice Man tonight. Read the book some time ago and enjoyed that well enough so have high hopes for it. Will let you know tomorrow,

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

Watched it last night.

I wont spoil it for you Very Happy 

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:19 pm

Given I have read the book I would have to imagine spoiling it for me would be quite tricky.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:23 pm

ok well it was very average- 5/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:25 pm

and the comment was in relation to you banning me if i spoiled BB for you..

by the way my episode ratings

09 7/10
10 8/10

its a slow start - but then I suppose it has to be!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:25 pm

Damn it, might not bother watching it now. Knew I should not have tested you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:26 pm

Sorry.. Very Happy 

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:26 pm

I threaten to ban a lot of people. Most tend to ignore me as they have realised by now I rarely follow through with my threats.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:31 pm

Oh well thats ok then...

Its not bad btw - Just not very good. I would recommend getting it from a cheap to free source.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

Mate who is a bit of IT geek is about as cheap as it gets mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 5:41 pm

good good. well its worth it then.

It does have a pretty decent IMDB rating tbh.But probably better to go in with low expectations

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:44 pm

Watched 2 Guns last night. Mark Wahlberg plays a Naval Intelligence Officer who teams up with DEA Agent Denzel Washington who rob $43 million from a bank believing it to belong to a Mexican Drug Baron when it actually belongs to a dodgy CIA boss played by Bill Paxton.

There's plenty of wisecracking, some double-crossing and a whole load of guns rather than just the 2 mentioned in the title (I'd counted about 17 by the first 20 minutes...). Corruption rules in this film; it's fun enough and there are some pretty good lines although it's all a bit predictable and a little forced in places. In fact they've made Denzel's character so "cool" it's almost a charicature. Not one for the DVD collection but good enough to watch on a Saturday night if nothing else is on. 6.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:20 am

Watched the Ice Man, was generally disappointed. Having read the book it does not really go far enough as to how crazy he actually was. Had it not been for an excellent performance for Shannon and the cast in general would not really have had too much to recommend it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

I think you need to be an exceptionally good actor to pull this one of without more revealing scenes or dialogue..His stare in certain scenes was telling and pure evil. But I just couldn't buy the premise due to bad screenplay writing, bad direction or just inadequate acting(but i cant blame the actors for that really because its clearly a tough part the way its written).BUt then you do want the Iceman to be completely lacking in emotion. So I suppose maybe they pulled of what they wanted to . I don't know but for me it was overly mundane without being revealing enough. The end scene where he was talking should have had a much bigger impact. But I just didn't buy it or care.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

The book is worth reading as it goes into his childhood more and so you get a better insight as to how he became how he was because as you can imagine it was pretty brutal. The film was not very accurate to be honest as in real life whilst he was protective of his family he also beat his wife on a pretty constant basis. Guess if they showed him in that light he would have been a character without any redeeming features.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

Started watch Oblivion last night. Got bored after 15 minutes. Perhaps I've contracted what Azzy's got and have a very short attention span and tolerance for stuff that's not perfect

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:48 am

I go through stages of loving every film I watch and then picking at every film I watch. And I am sure thats not actually coincidental.. Yeah it doesn't say much about me but I think we all have the ability to view things differently based on our moods..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:56 am

DAVE667 wrote:Started watch Oblivion last night. Got bored after 15 minutes. Perhaps I've contracted what Azzy's got and have a very short attention span and tolerance for stuff that's not perfect
Short of being insulting, do you ever have any valid points to make?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Aug 2013, 9:57 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Started watch Oblivion last night. Got bored after 15 minutes. Perhaps I've contracted what Azzy's got and have a very short attention span and tolerance for stuff that's not perfect
Short of being insulting, do you ever have any valid points to make?
As someone who has been on forums with Dave for about five years my advice would be don't hold your breath.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:02 am

Righto. It makes him look daft, so I don't mind one bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:08 am

Azzy, you're a very precious individual aren't you? My comments are based on the fact that you criticised the Dark Knight and Dark Knight Returns quite severely and a few posters seemed bemused by your comments. No need to take such offence dear chap although in doing so, you do seems to have confirmed my suspicions that you're a hysterical girl's blouse.

However, I still like you even if Alan Sugar's people didn't!

As for Rowley, shut yer cakehole... my valid points are there to be discovered, (like needles in haystacks or the Lost City of Atlantis)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:14 am

I love this, I really do. You just make stuff up Laugh

When on earth did Alan Sugar's people not like me? I couldn't attend the interview day, they actually wanted me there, remember? You must have short-term memory loss or something Wink

And show me who is bemused, besides yourself. I think you get carried away sometimes. Just because I think that Batman Begins was a better film than TDK and TDKR, which I still maintain was a very poor end to the cycle, you think I have 'limited attention span' and 'tolerance'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:27 am

Snatch
7/10

It was average..

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

Bull wrote:Snatch
7/10

It was average..
Surely that would be slightly better than average?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:31 am

Watched Elysium last night

its alright. Doesnt quite reach the heights that District 9 did for me though but still an entertaining movie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:32 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I love this, I really do. You just make stuff up Laugh
Course I do, what's the point in trawling through posts for facts, silly billy

When on earth did Alan Sugar's people not like me? I couldn't attend the interview day, they actually wanted me there, remember? You must have short-term memory loss or something Wink
So you claim, but I firmly believe you lied and are continuing to lie about this. The fact you've persisted in maintaining this deception is ironic given the number of charlatans exposed on The Apprentice. You'd have fitted right in and you're stroppy attitude displayed here would undoubtedly have been tv gold (plated)

And show me who is bemused, besides yourself. I think you get carried away sometimes. Just because I think that Batman Begins was a better film than TDK and TDKR, which I still maintain was a very poor end to the cycle, you think I have 'limited attention span' and 'tolerance'.
Bored now, didn't get to the end of your little rant. What was the point you were making again (and again)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

Stop bickering children.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

gazzyD wrote:Watched Elysium last night

its alright. Doesnt quite reach the heights that District 9 did for me though but still an entertaining movie
Thought District 9 was a very good idea although the execution let it down slightly and the end, for me at least seemed to fizzle out. Elysium looks like a reworking of "Total Recall" or similar but I'll give it a whirl. Hoping it's better than the Colin Farrell snorefest though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

Crimey wrote:Stop bickering children.
Aw but sir he started it... I think!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:46 am

Classic "I'm wrong so I'll pretend I didn't read it" retort Wink

District 9 was brilliant. I am looking forward to Elysium, even if it does have Maaaaaatt Daaaaaaaaamon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:48 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Classic "I'm wrong so I'll pretend I didn't read it" retort Wink

District 9 was brilliant. I am looking forward to Elysium, even if it does have Maaaaaatt Daaaaaaaaamon.
Good job they didn't make District 10, no doubt you would have hated it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:56 am

Possibly. Depends if they based the entire film on one incredible performance by the villain, but neglected the plot, other actors, dialogue, and canon. Like they did in TDK Whistle

I'd love to see a District 10 though. So many possibilities there.

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

District 4 has been the best one so far.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:10 am

Say what now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

STC wrote:District 4 has been the best one so far.
I prefer the Peak District.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:18 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
STC wrote:District 4 has been the best one so far.
I prefer the Peak District.
Red Light District in Amsterdam for me Tina

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:27 am

I quite like Districtly Come Dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:29 am

I like District Attorney

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:37 am

I like de strict punishment that nice lady gives me for only fifty of my hard earned pounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:38 am

I like squeezing my nipples with tin foil.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next