The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.

+12
Dorothy_Mantooth
allyt2k
thebluesmancometh
bsando
GLove39
Imperialbigdave
justified sinner
RDW
Janecory
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Tramptastic
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.  - Page 2 Empty Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.

Post by Tramptastic Thu 13 Dec 2012, 8:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Edinburgh Team:

15. Greig Tonks
14. Lee Jones
13. Ben Cairns!
12. Ben Atiga
11. Dougie Fife

10. Piers Francis
9. Chris Leck

1. John Yapp
2. Ross Ford
3. Geoff Cross
4. Robert McAlpine
5. Grant Gilchrist
6. Stuart McInally
7. Roddy Grant
8. Netani Talei

Substitutes
16 Andy Titterrell
17 Allan Jacobsen
18 Willem Nel
19 Perry Parker
20 Dimitri Basilaia
21 Richie Rees
22 Gregor Hunter
23 Sep Visser

Racing Metro:

(1-8) Ben Arous, Szarzewski, Ducalcon, Ghezal, van der Merwe, Battut, Le Roux, Cronjé
(9-15) Descons, Barkley, Imhoff, Dumoulin, Bousses, Bobo, Germain
Subs: Bianchin, Brugnaut, Orlandi, Qovu, Galindo, Belie, Martín Hernández, Estebanez

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:26 am

I dunno about a loosehead, I would say Yapp has done pretty well and equally chunk won't be distracted with international rugby. Will he play on for Edinburgh?

I wonder if the great unwashed out west will let us have Grant back?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Edinburgh vs Racing Metro Heineken Cup return fixture.

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:29 am

Yapp has been fine, but I'd assume Chunk will retire, and behind him we don't really have anyone serious. Letting Kyle Traynor go (as well as Ryan Grant) isn't looking like the smartest decision.

Glasgow have Grant, Welsh and Reid, so perhaps one of those guys could come over (rather like us handing them Kellock a few seasons back), but I suspect something draft will happen instead. Some 30+ NSQ fatty on a bloated salary who was once compared as a teenager to a young Mattie Stewart.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:37 am

Yeah Kyle Traynor seemed to be quite capable against Tonga too. He surprised me.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:37 am

I think I've said it before on here but I think we're missing a big hard running centre who is a rock in defence and can cope on his own if isolated. We really lack a physical presence in the backs and someone like Lua Lua would make such a difference (not that he's available). The only strong and physical player we've got in the backs is Visser but he's a big jessie!

Basically looking for all the things we hoped Atiga would be.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I think I've said it before on here but I think we're missing a big hard running centre who is a rock in defence and can cope on his own if isolated. We really lack a physical presence in the backs and someone like Lua Lua would make such a difference (not that he's available). The only strong and physical player we've got in the backs is Visser but he's a big jessie!

Graeme Morrison Whistle

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:40 am

That's not funny!

And anyway we can debate it all we want - we all know that Edinburgh will sign a NSQ 22 year old winger from the Argentinian 2nd division and a 6ft 4 and 16 stone 2nd row from the Welsh premiership!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:44 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:And anyway we can debate it all we want - we all know that Edinburgh will sign a NSQ 22 year old winger from the Argentinian 2nd division and a 6ft 4 and 16 stone 2nd row from the Welsh premiership!

Whilst Richie McCaw comes out of his sabbatical to play for Glasgow, taking Carter and Conrad Smith with him - all persuaded by Lineen!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:03 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I think I've said it before on here but I think we're missing a big hard running centre who is a rock in defence and can cope on his own if isolated. We really lack a physical presence in the backs and someone like Lua Lua would make such a difference (not that he's available). The only strong and physical player we've got in the backs is Visser but he's a big jessie!

Oh dear RDW, what have you said?? Atiga is all of those things - he has the mobility of a rock, can cope on his own of left isolated (in Greggs) and there can be no doubt whatsoever that he has a physical presence (the Royal Mail have given his backside its own postcode)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

Call me a glutton for punishment but just watched the game on youtube. have to say we weren't as bad as I had read/heard!

Take away his goal kicking and I though Francis had a solid game. Similarly take away the lineout throwing and Ford had a good game!

One thing stayed the same though - Atiga really is rubbish. He's so slow and looks more cumbersome than our props!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2