The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th

+8
hampo17
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Union Cane
Yojimbonufc
Lumbering_Jack
Seanusarrilius
TheMackemMawler
AlexHuckerby
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th Empty Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

Hey Boys and... How many girls read the Boxing section...? I'm gonna guess one, maybe one, so, girl.

Welcome to another week of Alex Predicts every fight wrong after going into too much detail and making a bumhole out of himself!!

Ok so starting us off is

George Groves Vs. Glen Johnson - Super Middleweight - London - BoxNation

It is one of the same types of fights in my view that Khan took on with Barrera, an aging man not won a fight of any real consequence for a while now, but has plenty of experience to ask questions. However, Groves, due to being liked is praised for takng this fight on and that it is a good stepping stone for his career, however someone that isn't quite as likable in Khan gets slated for. Also perhaps due to Barrera being an absolute legend.

However as I say, still a very good fight for Geoge and one that he should learn in. George has stated he is going to knock Johnson out, who has lost a fair bit in recent times and isn't the same fighter that pushed Froch. However, it was still only a year and a half ago he did push Froch, so you never know...

My Fight Prediction: Groves to put in a performance that says, I'm here and a real contender up on the world stage. Groves Late KO, with Johnson beginning to tire late, Groves begins to put on methodical pressure and gets him out of there making a statement.

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 3 Star Fight.

Billy Joe Saunders Vs. Nick Blackwell - Middleweight - London - Boxnation

I really am liking the look of BJS, NO, not those kind! Billy Joe Saunders! You disgust me...

Tricky, Southpaw, fantastic amateur pedigree and his last few fights he has really made you sit up and think, WOW... I actually think he could make LMW, and think that he could honestly go and tear the division up a bit, however he seems firmly set on being a MW and to be fair, the division is beginning to look really stacked.

You expect him to beat Blackwell who hasn't really ever fought up at the level Saunders is apart from his one defeat to Murray.

My Fight Prediction: Saunders KO, think he will really want to make a statement and start to want to push onto European belts next year and after capturing the British and Commonwealth titles he'll be on his way.

Frank Buglioni Vs Ciaran Healy - Super Middleweight - London - BoxNation

Barely been a thing said about Buglioni on here, which is a shame as he really has looked good so far. Big, powerful MW with a good amateur background, looks like he's raring for a tearup at all times, to me he looks as though he will be undone at the higher levels of the game, but there's no shame in that as he should be really fun to watch while he's here, still masses of potential.

Amir Khan Vs. Carlos Molina - Light Welterweight - Oakland - Showtime and Sky Sports

So Khan is on the comeback trail, again. A lot has been said about Molina, his lack of punching power has been talked about again and again and again. However, with that, so many guys have literally just looked at his record and not even seen him fight. He has very good boxing skills, is very quick, possibly quicker than Khan, and has good defensive attributes.

This all being said I reckon Khan will knock him out...

Khan is still a really good fighter, and I genuinely believe that he can win titles at 140 and win more titles at 147, I really do believe Khan has enough talent to do so, I just hope that Virgil Hunter, who comes across as an excellent trainer, can develop Khan into a more rounded fighter. There will always be worries about his chin, but I think he has enough in his arsenal to do some major damage to a lot of the big players in boxing, two defeats in a row are bad, no doubt but it isn't the end.

My Fight Prediction: Khan KO, combination punching will prove to be too much, also the size, though Molina will put in a spirited performance.

Deontay Wilder - Kelvin Price - Heavyweight - Oakland - Showtime and Sky Sports

I can't help but get that tingle inside of me for this, just that little bit of buzz enters me when I see his name nowadays and now that he seems to be stepping up face a real boxer I can't help but get excited. So the fatboy knockeroutter man in Wilder takes on a strange Heavyweight fighter in Price.

If none of you have ever seen Price fight then you will first notice he hangs his left down by his waist, much like Roy Jones Jr. Why? Possibly because he is trained by Roy Jones Sr. Oh, so that's why...

To be totally honest, I see Wilder knocking this guy out in 4 rounds and making a statement that he is gonna be the real deal someday. Due to the Roy Jones attempt by Price, having his left hand so low without the incredible reflexes is really inviting somebody with the crushing power of Wilders right hand in.

But I really cannot wait to see Wilder in with a live opponent, especially somebody the same size as him.

My Fight Prediction: Wilder in 5, but it should hopefully be fun.

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 3 star Fight.

Alfredo Angulo Vs. Jorge Silva - Light Middleweight - Oakland - Showtime and Sky Sports

Angulo still on the comeback trail from the devastating loss to Kirkland, hits hard as hell and is a seriously tough guy. He's meant to have been working on his boxing skills as much as he could and is trying to get himself back in the title picture mix. Never seen Silva fight, but I would imagine he's handpicked for Angulo to look good.

My Fight Prediction: Angulo Erm, knockout?

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 3 star Fight.

Nonito Donaire Vs. Jorge Arce - Super Bantamweight - Houston - HBO

The main event of the evening, Nonito Donaire wins this and he is probably fighter of the year, unless Marquez can get it for his knockout performance on Pacquiao. (See what I did there) For me Marquez has to just take the knockout of the year award because Donaire is seemingly a man on a mission. Praying he fights Rigondeaux next year, very sure he will knock Rigo out, mind.

Anywho, to this fight, which really is a cracker. The only thing is, in my view this really could be over in a flash, (get that one aswell? Damn, I'm on fire) Arce comes at you relentless as an angry beaver and won't stop scratching and clawing at you, however he just simply doesn't have a strong defence. In fact, no defence whatsoever would be more apt. Donaire is a master of timing and is lightning quick and has knockout power in both hands. I smell an early night personally.

My Fight Prediction: Donaire to knock Arce out in 3.

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 4 Star Fight.

So there you have it, god damn, according to my predictions there's a heck of a lot of KO's coming, too bad I'm nearly always wrong...

Thoughts boys... and girl?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th Empty Re: Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:35 pm

As always, a fun read in the run up to the weekends action!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th Empty Re: Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - Weekends Action - December 15th

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

Anyway Alex, in light of your line of work and your life style choices do you have any thoughts on the current affairs article i just posted?

Wink
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

Nice one Alex

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

Cracking fight between Haskins and Jamoye. Anyone see?

Sean, when are these results?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:52 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Cracking fight between Haskins and Jamoye. Anyone see?

I just posted about it. Going to be Monday, when people are on the board. It needs input from board members though, so have a look at my post.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:57 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Cracking fight between Haskins and Jamoye. Anyone see?

Cracking fight. Loved the body shots to finish.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

Buglioni won his fight by KO.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Corner retirement wasn't it?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:30 pm

Smith-O'meara on now, should be a good competitive fight

Looking at the main cards tonight, GoldenBoy have done a much better job than TopRank. GB have Khan, Angulo, Santa Cruz, Wilder, Porter and Gomez on the same card

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:42 pm

Michael Sprott outpoints previously unbeaten German Edmund Gerber, Sprott right back into the Euro mix.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

Don't think Saunders expected Blackwell to give him such a tough test.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:11 pm

Blackwell is pushing Saunders well although losing and Billy joe is looking ragged through 8

Blackwell is trying to outmuscle Saunders who is a small middleweight and might be better off going down to 154

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:28 pm

Last round finished 20 seconds early then!?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:38 pm

Cleverly is the worst pundit in history.

I think it was because of the tape at the start BoxNations clock stopped.

Thought Saunders looked a bit vulnerable in that fight, I really wanna see him at LMW.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

Yea very strange and they were both still throwing hard punches

Easy decision on the card but it was harder than it looks. Saunders looked very tired and was troubled by Blackwell's power and size

His record sounds as if he's a big puncher but I'm not so sure. He has heavy hands for a southpaw but he looks like a heavy handed lightmiddleweight punching against middleweights

12 rounders can only do him good and he can use this experiance for his next fights, and knows that he may have to conserve his energy better

Looking forward to 2013 but I feel that the English trio are still a level or 2 above him

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

Looks like I missed something with the Haskins fight but saw the Smith-O'Meara and enjoyed it.

I like Blackwell, more balls than brains though. If my memory serves me right he has limited to no amateur experience. A bit of bare knuckle and is taking championship bouts in his 8th and ... 12th fight. All that said, I think he looks pretty decent for a lad of limited experience. He will only get better and certainly should get to Brit, CW and maybe euro. Not sure about world. He gave a cultured "star" like BJS a hard time and maybe, if he had fed him the left more could have stopped it on a cut or at least had way more success.

Its been a good night so far! Shame I didn't see Sprott win...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

I agree Saunders needs to move down t LMW, if he comes up against a real heavy handed middleweight it could end in tears.

Looking forward to Groves now, I fancy Johnson to test him for the first 6 but gas after that.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:47 pm

It sounds like a good fight but I saw Jounson's last fight against someone worse than Groves and he looked very old and gassed after 5 rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm

Johnsons only hope is he catches Groves early.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

Johnson just sat in the ropes, no upper body movement at all

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:54 pm

Blocked nearly every punch though, I don't remember Johnson ever slipping that many punches to be honest. Started better in the 2nd Johnson.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:57 pm

Groves got tagged a bit in the 2nd

Johnson gulping air in at the end if the round

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:17 pm

I was thinking the ref should have stopped it there as Johnson was taking some punishment and offering nothing back. But, Johnson came back with a few at the end of the 7th...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:20 pm

Starting to think this will be Haye vs Thompson revisited. The work that Groves is putting I'm must be exhausting and can see Johnson landing the money shot.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

Hampo - its beginning to look like Johnson's tactic was to soak it up and come on strong at the end... although, given strong in this instance is going from giving nothing to just giving some... that is a bit of an over exaggeration.

But, Johnson took some very big shots for about 30s-1min in the 7th with virtually nothing back... I thought the ref should stop it. But, I was wrong.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:24 pm

Glad he didn't, only a few of those shots would have actually landed clean because of Johnsons very tight guard. Groves needs to keep his concentration as he took a few right hands at the end of the round then.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:26 pm

There was a lot high on the head but few flush on the chin... But Johnson literally gave nothing back. Seen fights stopped for less. But, as you say, glad he didn't.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:41 pm

Time for Johnson to retire. At 43 dont blame him though. Groves looked good in batches. He can go a long way

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:42 pm

Hampo, after the first round my first thoughts was Haye/Thompson.

During the break to Rd 11 Booth said "Imaginative, but disciplined" Couldn't help thinking, you smug pr*ck.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:44 pm

Booth being smug?...Who would have guessed Erm

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm

Haha, I know!! I can't help but love him though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:48 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Haha, I know!! I can't help but love him though.

Well it is your job - I imagine you wouldnt be a very successful prostitute if you dissed all you clients. So is that a Groves UD?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm

I'm classed as an "Escort"

And yeah Groves won every round.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:55 pm

As a trainer, Booth's job is to devise tactics and motivate... Its not for me to judge how he does it, just if it works...

Johnson should retire now. He was little more than a very durable punching bag tonight. Although, I have to say I thought George read his punches well and denied him the opportunity, to some degree.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:55 pm

Sorry Alex, more like a fiesta... or ka...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:02 am

Happytravelling wrote:Sorry Alex, more like a fiesta... or ka...

Took me ages to understand that picard

I'm beauty not brains

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:02 am

How did Groves look, guys?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:04 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:

I'm beauty not brains

Only the former in comparison to the latter. Not much of a recommendation.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:06 am

Good, sharp, good punch variety, was a little naive and put a lot of effort to get Johnson out of there when he could have conserved energy better, but I think he really wanted to try and stop him.

Overall a good performance, but I just always get that slight sense of vulnerability from Groves. Did the 12 well, Johnson put him under a lot of pressure but just didn't throw enough.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:07 am

Just seen the following comment online (boxingscene):

Groves is surely ready for the top dogs of the division now. He would smash Froch to bits in the UK. Froch would not be able to take the punches. Groves will soon be P4P in next couple years, starting with a demolition of the Cobra.

Errrrr what??

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:07 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

I'm beauty not brains

You told me you got your moneysworth raspberry

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:08 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Just seen the following comment online (boxingscene):

Groves is surely ready for the top dogs of the division now. He would smash Froch to bits in the UK. Froch would not be able to take the punches. Groves will soon be P4P in next couple years, starting with a demolition of the Cobra.

Errrrr what??

Yeah, sounds about right for boxingscene.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:10 am

Alex, don't think too much you'll get wrinkles and ruin those pretty looks... haha

At least you can dance....

It was a bit obscure... not sure if younger people can even remember Ford Escorts....

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:10 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

I'm beauty not brains

You told me you got your moneysworth raspberry

I didnt pay so I suppose I did

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:14 am

Happytravelling wrote:Alex, don't think too much you'll get wrinkles and ruin those pretty looks... haha

At least you can dance....

It was a bit obscure... not sure if younger people can even remember Ford Escorts....

I dont suppose you remember what those long tailed jags were called?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:21 am

At my age I'm lucky to remember to urine...

But, long tailed Jags... the longest were always the XJ6 and 12, I think...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:26 am

Bouadla just put the surrenderto the Monkey... Disappointing he looked to the ref for the stoppage..

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:28 am

He begged to be stopped there.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:32 am

Sean, yes he was looking to the ref. Which is always a bit unnerving to see that in a "fighter". Compare him to Johnson tonight.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next