The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR!

4 posters

Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR! Empty Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR!

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 26 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

Ladies, Gentlemen, the prophet, no, no, The Messiah is back in action.

What we have in store for us is one card from Goldenboy, and this card is dedicated to WAR! Two main fights that are looking mouthwatering and then a couple of up and comers.

Ok, so let's see what we have in store for us.

Lucas Matthysse Vs Mike Dallas Jr. - Light Welterweight - Showtime and BoxNation

I think we all know what to expect from Lucas, the man loves to come forward and pound his men like I love to pound my meat, I mean my beef you disgusting creature! Mike Dallas Jr. is a good all round boxer, good hand speed, good technical skills and good general movement. I would say overall he's a slightly better boxer than Matthysse, am I giving him a chance in hell though? Nope.

Dallas Jr. for me is a nearly man, he's the kind of guy that is a good contender, but that's as far as he goes in my view, can give guys tough fights but just lacks a bit of firepower in just about every department to make him a real formidable force. Matthysse is a vicious puncher with relenting stamina and a fantastic chin which breaks opponents hearts. The fact that Josesito Lopez stopped Dallas makes me think that he's gonna be in real trouble against a strong puncher in Matthysse who has 30 KOs in 32 wins.

Dallas has a very good amateur background, trained by Virgil Hunter, the trainer of the year and you may think that if there's anyone up for devising a task of beating Matthyse it's Virgil, however I just don't think he has the raw materials to work with.

My Fight Prediction: Matthysse 9th Round KO, just hits waaay too hard for Dallas who will put in a spirited performance and be on his bike early and that's the only reason he lasts so long, because eventually Matthysse will catch up with him and I don't think Dallas hits hard enough to trouble Matthysse.

Alex's Special Fight Review: A 3 and a half star fight

Selcuk Aydin Vs Jesus Soto Karass - Welterweight - Showtime and Boxnation

WAR! WAR! Is what this fights about. This is an honest up front and personal toe to toe matchup. Aydin recently lost to Robert Guerrero but he was always going to struggle against technicians and he actually put in a good showing and had Guerrero wilting slightly towards the end. Karass is a big, big Welterweight, has fought up at Light Middle but not quite as effective up there. Just simply loves a tearup, leans his head in, doesn't use what is usually a height and reach advantage and just loves to trade punches.

My Fight Prediction: Soto Karass 11th Round KO - I see this fight going similar to the Soto Karass - Maidana fight, which was also a barnstormer, however this time I think Soto Karass ends up just pulling up at the top of the pile. The thing that really beat Soto Karass in that fight was the improvement of Maidana's boxing skills, namely his jab, and that weapon ended up being the decider, however Aydin doesn't have that luxury. The man doesn't know the meaning of a jab and will storm in there looking for massive power shots, however I think Karass will end up being the more physically stronger of the two and will look to wear him down with body shots and will make Aydin wilt towards the end.

Jermell Charlo Vs. Harry Joe Yorgey - Light Middleweight - Showtime and Boxnation

Been keeping my eye on Jermell Charlo the slightly more talented of the Charlo Twins in my view (His brother is called Jermall and fighting on the undercard also) watched a couple of his fights now and he has up to this point really looked the part. Good boxing ability and has been put in with genuine testing fighters. He fought against Denis Douglin on the undercard of Josesito Lopez and Ortiz's fight and really impressed me with his movement and boxing ability against such a huge Light Middleweight. Ended up taking Douglin out with a monster right hand (Youtube it) and has looked good since.

My fight prediction: Only seen Yorgey once and was a pretty decent fighter, however I think that Charlo is a fine prospect and will do a good job on him, maybe take him out Late on.

So there you have it, not a lot of fights on this week, but they should be entertaining, especially Soto-Karass, Aydin.

As always more than welcome to use this as a live fight thread.

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR! Empty Re: Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR!

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 26 Jan 2013, 6:39 pm

Another good night of boxing and another big overseas card that is being picked up by Boxnation

Karass-Aydin is a guaranteed barnstormer. Both can only fight going forwards, both are big at the weight and have good chins. Karass has the edge in stamina, size, natural strength and to me he has better durability as Aydin has yet to fight to fight anyone with any power. Aydin does however have advantages in power, speed and is the fresher man

Hard fight to call, Karass was very much in the ascendency of the Maidana fight and his pressure was really getting to Maidana but Karass' chin couldn't hold up after shipping a ton of punishment. Aydin was outworked and outclassed by Guerrero but showed that he does have a dig on him which is needed against a durable guy like Karass. However, I think Karass has had too many wars in his career and after being stopped twice (Maidana and Rosado) in 2012 it seems like he cant handle power for lomg periods and Aydin has the power to do the same

Aydin KO rounds 8-10 in a fighter of the year for sure

Dallas is just suppose to be a stay busy fight for Matthysse (December date was cancelled) and while I feel that Matthysse will pull off the win I think that Dallas could make it tricky as he has very fast hands, good footwork and ties up well on the inside but his lack of power will hurt his chance of pulling off the win. Lopez was too much too soon for him and he was probably unlucky not to get a decision against Herrera who is a good fighter also. He has improved under Hunter and will try to make it scrappy and keep it at range.

Matthysse has been talking about other opponents so I feel he is overlooking Dallas which is dangerous but his conditioning, chin and power should be enough for him to get the stoppage about round 8

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR! Empty Re: Alex's Special Fight Reviewz - January 26th - WAR!

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:20 am

Anyone catch Errol Spence's KO? One of the US Olympians, looked good.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:21 am

It's looking like Aydin hasn't got the power to discourage Soto Karass.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:24 am

Aydin has had his success but its few and far between and is potshotting whereas Karass is throwing punches throughout the entire round and winning most rounds on workrate

Aydin looks the harder puncher and the quicker but Karass looks stronger and works the body very well

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:30 am

Good round for Aydin, his best since the first. Could be a good finish.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:31 am

what round is it at

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:35 am

10th of the scheduled 10 now

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:39 am

It's over

Goes to the cards, I had it 96-94 to Soto Karass

Outworked Aydin to 5 clear rounds imo and while one was close I think Soto won it

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:42 am

MD win for Karass,

97-93, 97-93 and 95-95

Lots of rebuilding needed for Aydin, 2 losses now and while Guerrero wasn't a bad loss Karass isn't great and has never made it at world level

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:43 am

Not as good a fight as I was hoping but was still good, can tell Booth has changed Aydin, backpeddling and potshotting but wasn't enough.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:45 am

Virgil Hunter has caught Matthysse taking substances in his dressing room and the commission have been looking into it... Matthysse has admitted to taking some form of drug but insists its legal.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:49 am

They said its Amino 4500 which I believe isn't a banned substance

Also the time that he took it, an hour before the fight, it should show up on the tests that they have to do before and after the fight

As Paulie said Hunter is a smart man and might just be trying to unsettle Lucas to give his guy a better chance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:54 am

Yeah I presume its all above board

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:57 am

Aminos.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:05 am

BBBOOOOMMMMM!!!!

One punch KO in the first round

This guy has thunder in his gloves

Don't think that too much can be made as Dallas want going to win this but 1 round, very impressive and I doubt Garcia-Judah winner will want to fight him

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:07 am

Maybe it was kryptonite.

My god this kid can bang. the most exciting fighter in boxing or near enough.

He has to get the winner of Garcia/Judah or something's up.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:18 am

Lmao... Well that was fast...

Those vitamins looked like they worked...

Dallas caught a bit cold perhaps but good show of power from Lucas.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down