The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread

+78
t1000advancedprototype
overlordofthewest
Josiah Maiestas
2ndtimeround
ScarletSpiderman
senghenydd1913
thomh
GloriousEmpire
TJ1
BlueNote
Glas a du
sickofwendy
bedfordwelsh
MacKnocked-on
wales606
whocares
blackcanelion
100%beefy
lostinwales
Ospreydragon
Taffineastbourne
Portnoy's Complaint
Thomond
TrailApe
Chjw131
Pal Joey
beshocked
nathan
Brian Moores Twin
Pot Hale
gboycottnut
LondonTiger
RuggerRadge2611
quangut
glamorganalun
nobbled
sirBiggles
HammerofThunor
Sugarlump
Scarpia
Jimpy
Breadvan
majesticimperialman
Effervescing Elephant
tatterd
dragonbreath
Morgannwg
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Luckless Pedestrian
RubyGuby
gregortree
cabbagesandbrussels
mystiroakey
disneychilly
Cyril
doctor_grey
yappysnap
Standulstermen
thebluesmancometh
rainbow-warrior
Artful_Dodger
BigTrevsbigmac
Hound_of_Harrow
emack2
englandglory4ever
G2
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
AlastairW
Barney McGrew did it
offload
Taylorman
Geordie
RuggerBoy
mr_stonelea
GunsGerms
Duty281
82 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread - Page 11 Empty The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

“It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
Winston Churchill

In just over 4 weeks, Stuart Lancaster's England will start their quest for Grand Slam glory. It has to be said that this is England's best chance since 2003 for a Grand Slam. Really, for the Northern Hemisphere's biggest Rugby nation not to have clinched a Grand Slam for 10 years is a poor return. That will surely change on the 16th March.

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.”
Winston Churchill

This amount of optimism stems from a hugely encouraging 2012 for the English rugby team. 4 wins out of 5 in last year's Six Nations with a fairly new team, then a character-building tour to South Africa, running South Africa and Australia close at the home of Rugby, before ending the year by beating the World Champions and running in 3 tries against them. 2013 will be the year that it all comes together for England.

"The English have an extraordinary ability for flying into a great calm."
Alexander Woollcott

2013 for England will start with a game home to Scotland. Unless there's a downpour, Scotland have little hope. Expect England to rack up 25+ points and a multitude of tries against inferior opposition.

"Let not England forget her precedence of teaching nations how to live."
John Milton

Then, away to Ireland. Often, the Irish are seen as a bogey team for England but let's be rational. England are better in every department as they proved in 2012. I'll be looking for a very very good result from England in this game.

"You must hate a Frenchman as you do the devil."
Lord Nelson

The third game will be the biggest of the lot. Home to the French at Twickenham. Beaten by England in Paris in 2012, France will be beaten by England in London in 2013. No mistake though, this game will be the toughest challenge that England will face in the 2013 Six Nations. I expect England to just about edge out the French.

"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers."
William Shakespeare

On the 10th March, England will be on the home straight. Home to Italy, mere cannon fodder against the mighty mighty England. 4 wins out of 4, Grand Slam in sight.

"Ever the faith endures, England, my England."
W.E. Henley

The crowning glory will be against England's little brother, Wales. No doubt they'll be up for this game, they love a game against their bigger brother and the chance to upset the odds. What is it Wales, 7 losses out of 7 since last year's Grand Slam? After a tough 20 minutes, England's superiority and class will show. Grand Slam clinched.

“You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Winston Churchill

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread

Post by whocares Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:Are we all ready then? Just 3 hours and 22 minutes till kick off - Come on England, we can do it!
Yep and hopefully 5 hours away from seeing this thread renamed thumbsup

whocares

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2013* Thread

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

Yes. Looking forward to both games to day.

Come on England.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:52 pm

whocares wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Are we all ready then? Just 3 hours and 22 minutes till kick off - Come on England, we can do it!
Yep and hopefully 5 hours away from seeing this thread renamed thumbsup

Jolly good, that's the spirit. thumbsup

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 23 Feb 2013, 3:40 pm

Odds on France win at 11/4. Sorry but they were odds I couldn't resist.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:36 pm

That's a record for inverdale, less than 2seconds to mention 2003
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

wales606 wrote:That's a record for inverdale, less than 2seconds to mention 2003

yes spooted that myself and then roll out SCW....it's all part of Project 2015

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 23 Feb 2013, 5:03 pm

She looked cold singing the anthem in that white dress. That's what it's all about for me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 23 Feb 2013, 5:08 pm

100%beefy wrote:
wales606 wrote:That's a record for inverdale, less than 2seconds to mention 2003

yes spooted that myself and then roll out SCW....it's all part of Project 2015

Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 23 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

THIS THREAD IS HANGING BY ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 5:49 pm

Inverdale's so excited by England that he's forgotten his smart shoes.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:47 pm

England setting themselves up nicely for a final choke in Cardiff Whistle.

That's twice I've bet against England and lost Sad.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

i hope you bet on wales mogs!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:22 pm

Well done to the Roses, on course, must be highly satisfied after that win.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:38 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Odds on France win at 11/4. Sorry but they were odds I couldn't resist.

Me too, it was great value. Lucky for me Im only half a loser. And at least you can comfort yourself knowing you support a team capable of beating ....Italy.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

In the first half, England were a bit ragged, and France looked far superior than the team which had played Italy and Wales. But England managed to stick with the French and were only one point down at HT. The second half was completely different, England were dominant and made it count on the scoreboard - 14-3 in that half to England tells you all you need to know.

For the Italy game, I'd say Hartley and Lawes need to be dropped for Youngs and Morgan (if fit). Ashton could find himself dangerously close to the chop as well.

But that's a worry for another day - 3 out of 3. England proving their superiority. The 2 most difficult games are behind England, in sight is the Grand Slam!

"That to be an Englishman is to belong to the most exclusive club there is."
Ogden Nash

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

Duty281 wrote: Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

In the first half, England were a bit ragged, and France looked far superior than the team which had played Italy and Wales. But England managed to stick with the French and were only one point down at HT. The second half was completely different, England were dominant and made it count on the scoreboard - 14-3 in that half to England tells you all you need to know.

For the Italy game, I'd say Hartley and Lawes need to be dropped for Youngs and Morgan (if fit). Ashton could find himself dangerously close to the chop as well.

But that's a worry for another day - 3 out of 3. England proving their superiority. The 2 most difficult games are behind England, in sight is the Grand Slam!

Ogden Nash

Mmmm, Manu, Brad, Vunipooni, St George....certainly an exclusive club, my dragon is more English.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:16 pm

100%beefy wrote:

Ogden Nash

Mmmm, Manu, Brad, Vunipooni, St George....certainly an exclusive club, my dragon is more English.

"The (English) inhabitants are extremely proud and overbearing. They care little for foreigners, but scoff and laugh at them."
Unknown German Author

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Duty281 wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Ogden Nash

"The (English) inhabitants are extremely proud and overbearing. They care little for foreigners, but scoff and laugh at them."
Unknown German Author

“Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

How long has Manu been here?

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

Can we lay off the bright colours a bit please guys.

I realise you are very happy indeed, but easy on thered.

Thanks
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

100%beefy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

Ogden Nash

Unknown German Author

“Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

How long has Manu been here?

Since 2004, I believe.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

Grannygate alert!, Grannygate alert!

Judging by Manu's East Midlands accent, I'd say a lot longer...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

100%Beefy's flogging every dead horse he can lay his hands on. Maybe that explains the Lasagne's after all.

Great win England! Yahoo

Hope Farrell makes a swift recovery and it was only a knock. Poor lad REALLY did not want to come off, great display of grit and Robshaw was just everywhere ... again.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:53 pm

Yeah one day it'll just be like the old cartoons as two robshaws appear at the end of the game saying 'we was twins...'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

AlastairW wrote:100%Beefy's flogging every dead horse he can lay his hands on. Maybe that explains the Lasagne's after all.

Great win England! Yahoo

Hope Farrell makes a swift recovery and it was only a knock. Poor lad REALLY did not want to come off, great display of grit and Robshaw was just everywhere ... again.

It's true that I may contain nuts, but I am otherwise genuine British beef, unlike many of the Englanders wearing the white shirt

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

100%beefy wrote:
AlastairW wrote:100%Beefy's flogging every dead horse he can lay his hands on. Maybe that explains the Lasagne's after all.

Great win England! Yahoo

It's true that I may contain nuts, but I am otherwise genuine British beef, unlike many of the Englanders wearing the white shirt
That's because most of the Englanders are playing for Wales (that's two wins in a row now, those Englanders are doing well for you Smile).

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:00 pm

Sooooooo bored of that he's not that blah blah blah....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:01 pm

100%beefy wrote:

Great win England! Yahoo

... Unlike many of the Englanders wearing the red shirt as well thumbsup

oh how this win seems to be burning you and other welshers up. laughing

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:04 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sooooooo bored of that he's not that blah blah blah....

They've not got anything else to resort to Mys, so they just resort to character and start flogging the old, tired, lame & hobbled lines. Shoulder chips aplenty on display here tonight.

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:10 pm

AlastairW wrote:

They've not got anything else to resort to Mys, so they just resort to character and start flogging the old, tired, lame & hobbled lines. Shoulder chips aplenty on display here tonight.

Stroker is another one, unlikely to be from earth let alone England

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmlCEtuwQQ

En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land,
En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land...En-ger-land, EN-GER-LAND!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:20 pm

100%beefy wrote:
AlastairW wrote:

Thanks for the enlightenment.. You believe that alien beings are amongst the human race,, this explains a lot .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

England are on the way to a Grand Slam. With 3 wins out of 3 games.
But Wales in Cardiff could well be a game too far. Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

But like Scott Quinnel used to say As long as we beat the English. Hug

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:England are on the way to a Grand Slam. With 3 wins out of 3 games.

Maj,

Its the old 'GS is yours to lose' quote now I am afraid. Italy should be dealt with quite easily and I feel a fair few points maybe racked up.

I have said on another thread that whilst I hop[e England don't win the Slam I think they will win the championship on points difference.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmlCEtuwQQ

En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land...En-ger-land, EN-GER-LAND!

Sounds quite Germanic...

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:35 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
100%beefy wrote:
AlastairW wrote:

Thanks for the enlightenment.. You believe that alien beings are amongst the human race,, this explains a lot .

NOT 'BEINGS' STROKER, THERE CAN ONLY BE 1 OF YOU!!

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:27 am

So despite many red jumpered predictions - this thread has yet to be renamed!
Got to be honest I thought it was a goner when I saw the French Teamsheet.
Well done England - don't balls it up by losing to Italy!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

The morning after the victory over the Frogs:

Grand Slam Ambitions out in the open
England Maintain Humility
England show true colours
England wear down France
Tuilagi Crushes French Cockerel
Manu's a Bloody Ear-O
Manu the Magnifique
England Hold off France
Tuilagi Sinks France
England's Composure wins the day
England remain on course

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:06 pm

Duty281 wrote:The morning after the victory over the Frogs:

Grand Slam Ambitions out in the open
England Maintain Humility
England show true colours
England wear down France
Tuilagi Crushes French Cockerel
Manu's a Bloody Ear-O
Manu the Magnifique
England Hold off France
Tuilagi Sinks France
England's Composure wins the day
England remain on course

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,,3551_8453055,00.html Whistle

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:14 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:England are on the way to a Grand Slam. With 3 wins out of 3 games.

When did Scott Quinnell ever say that? Considering he only did it once (I think), I can't imagine that being true.

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:43 am

Ok I can see the expected England Grand Slam being rapidly devalued.
England are rubbsih after all.
I think it has started and here are the reasons for devaluation:

Vs Scotland - Scotland still rebuilding and England are arrogant (Telfer).
Vs Ireland - Ireland weakened by injuries and the game was dull
Vs France - Mental French management messed up with HB & prop subs
Vs Italy - anyone can thrash Italy (well apart from mental France)
Vs Wales - Gatland AWOL, dodgy ref calls, missed offsides and boring penalties don't mean you won.

So net result, worst championship in living memory, and it won't count. Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 25 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

gregortree wrote:Ok I can see the expected England Grand Slam being rapidly devalued.

Vs Wales - Gatland AWOL, dodgy ref calls, missed offsides and boring penalties don't mean you won.

Woohoo - a devalued GS to add to the devalued RWC we won a few years back. At last everyone else being reduced to our level!!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

gregortree wrote:Ok I can see the expected England Grand Slam being rapidly devalued.

Scotland and Italy are still rather gash. France are in deep trouble, the first time they've lost 3 Six Nations games in a row for a long time, not coincedence. Ireland and Wales are pretty injury struck to be fair. But by the time you come to Cardiff Wales would have gone from strength to strength and there will not be any excuses.

Considering we were told 05, 08 and 12 tournament wins were devalued this is all pretty rich coming from you lot when you consider the above. Not to mention France vs Wales was the worst game in history but Ireland vs England was a tough, hard fought, excellent win...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:29 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Considering we were told 05, 08 and 12 tournament wins were devalued this is all pretty rich coming from you lot

Only by WUMs. You place too much store what the idiots say looking to get a rise. I am sure there are no ssuch idiots on your side of the dyke.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Considering we were told 05, 08 and 12 tournament wins were devalued this is all pretty rich coming from you lot

Only by WUMs. You place too much store what the idiots say looking to get a rise. I am sure there are no ssuch idiots on your side of the dyke.

Of course there isn't, which is why you probably haven't heard the words 'devalued' murmoured yet (except from your own of course).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:47 pm

who devalued 2012 mogsy!

we congrats you on the whole!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

mystiroakey

Morg is just up set because Wales are not going for back to back Grand Slams.....Although he would be very happy if Wales beat England in Cardiff.

Even if Wales dont win another game. thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:59 pm

A fair few did mysti. Is it me or did this thread suddenly become unfunny, coinciding with some clueless BS being sent directly above? Some people just can't think for themselves picard.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Feb 2013, 7:18 pm

yeah its getting abit weird to be honest mogs

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 25 Feb 2013, 7:40 pm

Morg,
wummers both sides of the dyke mate, apologies for ours, and pl dont scowl at a jest. It seems all GS's get 'devalued'on these boards - jealousy mostly.
The record book says 3 Wales GSs, doesn't mention the 'D' word, so that is repeat 3. You can only beat what is in front of you as the cliché goes and congrats to Wales for doing that 3 times since 2005.
I hope England get one this time, but I'm sure Italy & Wales will have something to say about that on the pitch. A cracking finale at the Millenium. thumbsup

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:20 am

Lewis moody has said it would be bad for England to win the slam as he thinks it would mean we are peaking too early.
What a load of nonsense,smacks of jealousy

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next