The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues v Munster

+22
Intotouch
George Carlin
BlueMuff
eirebilly
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
LordDowlais
Newsilure
glamorganalun
LeinsterFan4life
Artful_Dodger
SubsBench
Golden
Notch
Morgannwg
maestegmafia
Cari
wales606
kingjohn7
pete (buachaill on eirne)
valjester
Coleman
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Blues v Munster  Empty Blues v Munster

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:28

Munster: F Jones; D Howlett (capt), K Earls, J Downey, DHurley; R O'Gara, C Murray; D Kilcoyne, M Sherry, S Archer; D Foley, D Ryan; T O'Donnell, S Dougall, J Coughlan.

Replacements: S Henry, W du Preez, BJ Botha, B Holland, CJ Stander, D Williams, I Keatley, C Laulala.

Blues: Jason Tovey; Owen Williams, Richard Smith, Jamie Roberts, Harry Robinson; Rhys Patchell, Lewis Jones; Sam Hobbs, Rhys Williams, Benoit Bourrust, Bradley Davies, Lou Reed, Josh Navidi (capt), Sam Warburton, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Kritian Dacey, Paetru Tamba, Scott Andrews, James Down, Luke Hamilton, Alex Walker, Ceri Sweeney, Leigh Halfpenny.

Live on S4C and RTE.

Roberts back for the Blues, be nice to see him play well for the us as he is normally lacklustre. Would be interesting to see the Romanian prop Tamba off the bench, a lot of Blues fans have been asking for a gnarly Eastern European Tighthead (I think hes a Tighthead).

Last edited by Coleman on Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:38; edited 1 time in total

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Blues v Munster  Empty Re: Blues v Munster

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:34

Rog's first pointless kick on 2 minutes.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:35

Earls got handed off badly in first minute there, hope he is ok, his neck moved weirdly, looks like he is running fine. Just made a tackle there must be ok OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:36

Jesus, Sam Hobbs getting destroyed in the scrum. Still can't believe that we haven’t let him go. He’s not up to the standard.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:38

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Earls got handed off badly in first minute there, hope he is ok, his neck moved weirdly, looks like he is running fine. Just made a tackle there must be ok OK

He's fine. Stupid penalty to give away by Ryan followed up by a stupid penalty by Roberts and then Rog shows he can be stupider than everyone else.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:40

Jesus Patch is fast. Think he should have just dived on that then. Bit too cute with the little toe tap.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:40

Stop kicking the f**king ball Rog you gobsh*te. Ryan = hero.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:41

Good nudge from Patch there. 3-0 Blues!

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:42

I think he got to try to pick that up, would have been tough but got to try IMO. Think it drifted slightly to his right just as he got to it which might have made it harder. Great speed

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:42

Ryan is a legend. Best player in Ireland with Healy, Sexton and Zebo.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:43

Patchell must be the fastest FH playing at the moment. Unlucky not to score a try with the bounce of the ball going against him.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:44

kingjohn7 wrote:I think he got to try to pick that up, would have been tough but got to try IMO. Think it drifted slightly to his right just as he got to it which might have made it harder. Great speed

If he had slowed to pick it up, he would have been caught, from first look the kick seemed to work, retaining blues possession at least
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:44

Cardiff ain't bad on the counter attack

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:45

Fairly sloppy game at the moment.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:45

Copland has to be the blues starting 8, 2line breaks in 15 minutes
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:45

Yikes nasty clash of heads.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:45

Copeland running like he has something to prove. Hes really impressed me, good signing there (We don't get many). Nice to see us running turn over ball. Instead of just kicking it.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:46

Evening lads.

Looks like Murray might've lost a tooth or two there.

Just a quick score update for the lurkers 0-3 after 14 minutes.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:48

It was miles better then the first scrum. Would be nice for us not to get smashed about the park.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:49

I still don't think Archer will make it but he has been so much better the last few games to be fair to him.

Rog is kicking pretty much everything.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:51

Munster simply have to get their forwards off the wing, so much lost possession to the touch line it is beyond stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:52

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Munster simply have to get their forwards off the wing, so much lost possession to the touch line it is beyond stupid

Disagree Pete, there younger players are capable of playing that type of game, there have few occasions where they have managed to generate quick ball through having the forwards clearing out on the wings.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:52

Blues defence is holding well atm. It certainly seem to have improved, but I fear that 1 try could still open floodgates when confidence in the defence goes down.

Little possession for the Blues, but a decent first 20 from a team in such poor form

Here it comes, 5m munster scrum :/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:52

I like Archer, he did a great job when Munster played against us at the CAP. You never know with props, they take so long to develop. ROG needs to relax with the chip kicks.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:53

wales606 wrote:Blues defence is holding well atm. It certainly seem to have improved, but I fear that 1 try could still open floodgates when confidence in the defence goes down.

Little possession for the Blues, but a decent first 20 from a team in such poor form

Here it comes, 5m munster scrum :/

Munster's attack isn't exactly razor sharp.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:54

Blues need a good LHP, at least Munster are not going for a penalty try.

3 - 3
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:54

Massive scrum from Munster, that ripple when the scrum went down was insane.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:55

Coleman wrote:I like Archer, he did a great job when Munster played against us at the CAP. You never know with props, they take so long to develop. ROG needs to relax with the chip kicks.

He is doing alright but Kilcoyne is the one doing the real damage, he is destroying the Cardiff tighthead.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:55

ROG kicks his first penalty to equalize at 22 minutes.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:55

I know I am being pedantic about this and I was all for Howlett being captain and still believe it is the right call but it drives me nuts that ref's take suggestions from other players (senior or junior) about penalty decisions. So often I see Peter O'Mahony (main one) or Ryan coming in as pack leaders to make a decision.

No. The captain makes the decision. He is less than 10 seconds away. Wait.

furious

Apologies, I'm done now

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:58

Yeah Beniot is getting a hammering, strange that i want Scott Andrews to come on. I used to be one of his bigger detractors but he’s come on leaps and bounds in 8 months.

ROG sticking to his guns, good kick down field.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:58

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I know I am being pedantic about this and I was all for Howlett being captain and still believe it is the right call but it drives me nuts that ref's take suggestions from other players (senior or junior) about penalty decisions. So often I see Peter O'Mahony (main one) or Ryan coming in as pack leaders to make a decision.

furious

Apologies, I'm done now

Pete the captain makes the decision but the pack leader will always have a say in the decision. Look at Ireland any decision Bod makes will always go through Poc first and they will decide what is the best decision. The ref will talk to the pack leader. There is no point him just saying to Howlett what is happening in the pack, when its easier and more effective to talk to the pack leader.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:59

valjester wrote:
pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Munster simply have to get their forwards off the wing, so much lost possession to the touch line it is beyond stupid

Disagree Pete, there younger players are capable of playing that type of game, there have few occasions where they have managed to generate quick ball through having the forwards clearing out on the wings.

Clearing out is fine. No issue with that. But until they learn to hold their depth so the ball isn't passed (badly) into touch or they don't end up running/getting pushed in to touch. The ball has died on the right wing 3 times in 20minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 19:59

Oh Jamie :/

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:00

valjester wrote:
pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I know I am being pedantic about this and I was all for Howlett being captain and still believe it is the right call but it drives me nuts that ref's take suggestions from other players (senior or junior) about penalty decisions. So often I see Peter O'Mahony (main one) or Ryan coming in as pack leaders to make a decision.

furious

Apologies, I'm done now

Pete the captain makes the decision but the pack leader will always have a say in the decision. Look at Ireland any decision Bod makes will always go through Poc first and they will decide what is the best decision. The ref will talk to the pack leader. There is no point him just saying to Howlett what is happening in the pack, when its easier and more effective to talk to the pack leader.

No way absolutely everything goes through POC for Ireland. Also if the pack leader makes a call surely it must go through the captain too?

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:01

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:
valjester wrote:

Clearing out is fine. No issue with that. But until they learn to hold their depth so the ball isn't passed (badly) into touch or they don't end up running/getting pushed in to touch. The ball has died on the right wing 3 times in 20minutes

You are calling for them to take their fowards of the wing. They won't, Penney has his system and he is going to implement it, it might just take a while for him to get through to some of the players.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:01

Coleman wrote:Yeah Beniot is getting a hammering, strange that i want Scott Andrews to come on. I used to be one of his bigger detractors but he’s come on leaps and bounds in 8 months.

ROG sticking to his guns, good kick down field.

I think Hobbs is the trouble (and a poor scrummaging hooker), Bourrust is fairly solid.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:01

What a bloody mess. Crowd playing their part right there.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:02

Blues line out jumpers are doing a good job, hooker seems to be under a bit of pressure at times though.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:03

Dire pass for an attempted DG, he still had a decent go at it though. Right idea, wrong execution.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:03

valjester wrote:
valjester wrote:

You are calling for them to take their fowards of the wing. They won't, Penney has his system and he is going to implement it, it might just take a while for him to get through to some of the players.

What is the goal though?
To create mismatches having forwards running at backs? Is it really a mismatch if the back is George North or Alex Cuthbert, Matt Banahan, Allesandro Tuilagi?
They should upskill the forwards prior to putting them out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:04

valjester wrote:

furious

Apologies, I'm done now

No way absolutely everything goes through POC for Ireland. Also if the pack leader makes a call surely it must go through the captain too?

Well obviously it depends on the decision, such as if its a kick to goal Bod will ask the kicker if its in their range, but when they are deciding whether to go for touch, take a scrum etc, Bod nearly always consults Poc. Yes the capt will make the final call but there is no harm with the ref having a dialogue with the players once it doesn't go overboard with them questioning every decision he makes.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:04

Good Munster defence to force the drop goal attempt

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:05

valjester wrote:
valjester wrote:

furious

Apologies, I'm done now

Well obviously it depends on the decision, such as if its a kick to goal Bod will ask the kicker if its in their range, but when they are deciding whether to go for touch, take a scrum etc, Bod nearly always consults Poc. Yes the capt will make the final call but there is no harm with the ref having a dialogue with the players once it doesn't go overboard with them questioning every decision he makes.

Like I said maybe it is pedantic I just don't think it is right. Maybe I'm old fashioned! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:05

valjester wrote:
valjester wrote:

What is the goal though?
To create mismatches having forwards running at backs? Is it really a mismatch if the back is George North or Alex Cuthbert, Matt Banahan, Allesandro Tuilagi?
They should upskill the forwards prior to putting them out there.

They are upskilling them, many of the younger forwards are already capable of playing that type of game. Its not about creating a mismatch, its about generating quick, clean ball for the team.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:06

Lewis Jones not giving Patch the greatest service. He’s had to stretch for a few of those now.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:09

Coleman wrote:Lewis Jones not giving Patch the greatest service. He’s had to stretch for a few of those now.

Still twice as good as Lloyd Williams. I think we should have given rob lewis a run before loaning him back to welsh.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:09

Like I said maybe it is pedantic I just don't think it is right. Maybe I'm old fashioned! Laugh

I wouldn't call it pedantic, just a different viewpoint.

Rog, Hurley are playing poorly.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:10

Controversial decision.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 20:11

wales606 wrote:
Coleman wrote:Lewis Jones not giving Patch the greatest service. He’s had to stretch for a few of those now.

Still twice as good as Lloyd Williams. I think we should have given rob lewis a run before loaning him back to welsh.

Agree 100%

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next