The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins

+7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
spencerclarke
CDSPHeron
88Chris05
bellchees
captain carrantuohil
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
11 posters

Go down

Who do you think wins?

Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_lcap50%Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]
Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_lcap19%Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_lcap31%Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_lcap0%Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Empty Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm

To be honest I'm so surprised that this fight has had literally no attention as its the first big fight of the new year and (given John won't be fighting any recognisable names) that they are probably the top 2 featherweights in the world

I think that this is a really intriguing fight and could be a war. Garica is the young gun and Salido is the battled hardened veteran. Garcia is a counterpuncher but is more aggressive than your usual counterpuncher and carries alot of power. However, he hasn't really has a real tough fight or someone who can really hurt him and Salido is a big step up. All of you will know what Salido is all about, granite chin, relentless pressure fighter, lots of power in both hands and an unbreakable will. Unlike Garcia he has fought the best of the best and will want to break the younger fighters spirit and use his experience to not lose his composure if Garcia does hurt him

On how the fight goes, alot of it comes down to if Garcia can hurt Salido or stop him from coming forward. Salido is the biggest, best and toughest opponent to date by some distance for Garcia and he has never had to deal with anyone as relentless as Salido. Garcia's good but if there was a flaw in his game its hes quite robotic and doesn't use alot of lower or upper body movement. Garcia is the better boxer but I think that Salido is a little underrated in that department as he cuts the ring off well, uses his jab to get inside and throws good sharp combo's when he gets on the inside. Salido hasn't been stopped since 2000 and will start quick and if he can get to te body early enough he may force a stoppage around round 9-10

What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Empty Re: Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

I certainly can't see Mikey winning by decision and Orlando's a tough bloke to keep on the canvas, it seems to me. Salido appears to be improving with age and I'm not convinced that there's anything in Garcia's record to indicate that he's ready for by far his biggest test. Boringly enough, in other words, I basically agree with everything you say!

Late stoppage or wide points decision for Salido the percentage call, I would say.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins Empty Re: Garcia vs Salido this weekend, who wins

Post by bellchees Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:22 pm

There's a lot of unknown about Garcia, big test for him. Hope he comes through and really announces himself on the world stage.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:54 pm

Both have been training like animals for this and Garcia has had experiances with pressure fighters by way of sparring with Rios who is basically (a slightly cruder boxer) a lightwelterweight version of Salido

Garcia's best weapon is his jab which everything flows off and if his power is legit he may be able to counter Salido or keep on the outside long enough to get the points to withstand Salido's late attack

I expect knockdowns in this fight as both hit very hard and while salido does have a great chin and great conditioning he has been down to Lopez, Gamboa and Haya so e might well taste the canvas again

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 11:21 pm

I like Salido in this one too, probably by late stoppage.

I rate Garcia but I think Salido might have a bit too much know how and experience for him at the moment. I was actually quite impressed with some of the angles Salido was creating as he came in against Lopez second time out so I'm not so sure that Garcia will be able to keep him in check behind a jab as others are. Both big hitters, but this is a step up for Garcia and Salido can really suck it up.

Should be a cracker, but I'll go with Salido to stop Garcia late with the scores pretty even, not dissimilar to some other predictions above.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by CDSPHeron Wed 16 Jan 2013, 11:39 pm

Salido wins for me also. I see it as a fight of two halves. Gracia's jab will keep Salido a bay for the first six but gradually Salido will start to wear his man down stopping him late.

CDSPHeron

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 17 Jan 2013, 7:06 am

Great first big fight of the year. I'm really looking forward to this one. It could swing either way but I'm going for salido lko.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 17 Jan 2013, 7:48 am

I would also give Siri the nod. But I am not sure if his chins is as granite as it used to be. Has been down a few of times now and worryingly twice by Haya who he did end up stopping in 8. But in Haya's next fight he was TKO'd in 4 by Burns potential opponant Jose Ocampo. Siri powers of recovery still seem to be with him! Siri UD but I wouldn't be surprised with a Garcia win.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I would also give Siri the nod. But I am not sure if his chins is as granite as it used to be. Has been down a few of times now and worryingly twice by Haya who he did end up stopping in 8. But in Haya's next fight he was TKO'd in 4 by Burns potential opponant Jose Ocampo. Siri powers of recovery still seem to be with him! Siri UD but I wouldn't be surprised with a Garcia win.

I was thinking that and i've heard it said a few times now, but I'm not sure it's his chin or the opponents he's facing. True Haya isn't a big puncher or a great fighter but he is a natural Superfeather and was getting beaten up and Siri who was going for the KO before he got caught will a silly shot. The other 2 are Lopez and Gamboa and both are very very heavy handed and given the amount of shots he took from the 3 fights (Lopez x2) to only go down twice its pretty good

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I would also give Siri the nod. But I am not sure if his chins is as granite as it used to be. Has been down a few of times now and worryingly twice by Haya who he did end up stopping in 8. But in Haya's next fight he was TKO'd in 4 by Burns potential opponant Jose Ocampo. Siri powers of recovery still seem to be with him! Siri UD but I wouldn't be surprised with a Garcia win.

I was thinking that and i've heard it said a few times now, but I'm not sure it's his chin or the opponents he's facing. True Haya isn't a big puncher or a great fighter but he is a natural Superfeather and was getting beaten up and Siri who was going for the KO before he got caught will a silly shot. The other 2 are Lopez and Gamboa and both are very very heavy handed and given the amount of shots he took from the 3 fights (Lopez x2) to only go down twice its pretty good

Yes I agree, but could taking thoses type of shots in those fights catch up with him? Garcia is not slouch either and he has got some pop aswell. Whether he can survive the trenches Siri will take him to remains to be seen. Juan Ma couldn't!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:03 pm

Can't wait for this one, it has a cracking undercard too!

I'm going for a Garcia Win, can't decide between UD or late KO.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Yes I agree, but could taking thoses type of shots in those fights catch up with him? Garcia is not slouch either and he has got some pop aswell. Whether he can survive the trenches Siri will take him to remains to be seen. Juan Ma couldn't!

Problem with Juan Ma is he decides try trade when he gets tagged, I think Robert will come up with a good game plan and they will be more than ready. Garcia is a solid fighter.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:17 pm

Yea Juanma isn't the most durable of fighters too and has a very poor defence which left him open to hard counters

If Garcia fights fire with fire like Lopez he could be in trouble. If he can recover or keep his head, which for his age is very mature, then it may come down to conditioning as both are big feathers (more-so Salido who looks huge I the photo's I've seen of him) so they could be weak in the late rounds if they cut too much weight

Massive respect goes to Gabriel Rosado too who has decided to fight Golovkin on the undercard as it was suppose to be at a catch weight of 157/158 but he was disgusted and wanted it at 160 so nothing can be taken away from either of them

Good boxnation has picked it up, they already have a couple of big cards already lined up for the next few months along wit the British card wit Burns, Clev, Saunders, groves etc on the same night

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

My personal feeling is that Garcia takes him out, going out on a whim here and think he does it in a dogged fashion but also slightly spectacular.

Think that perhaps Salido is PERHAPS just PERHAPS on the slide and I reckon Garcia might just be the man to overthrow him, I will go into more detail on my incredible Alex's Special Fight Reviewz which I'm sure you must all be literally peeing yourselves in anticipation for.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:42 am

I think Salido might just have too much for Mikey Garcia.

Salido once 'beat' Robert Guerreo, fight was later made a NC after Salido failed a drugs test.

Guerrero is better than Mikey, so Salido should win.

With Donaire looking to move up, if Salido beats Mikey, then Donaire vs Salido would make a good payback fight.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:16 pm

Full marks to Boxnation for picking this one up. These are the kinds of fights the channel needs to be showing on a consistent basis to build up it's hardcore following.

And what a little gem they have here.

Mikey was hired by Pacquaio as chief sparring partner for three weeks for his rematch with Morales when he was just 19 years old. He also sparred two weeks solid with the late Edwin Valero, whom Mikey says hit harder than any guy he ever sparred. They called in Mikey as Valero was knocking down everyone in the gym. Valero never put Mikey down once. Top Rank are very hgh on Garcia, this is his first step up, but I think he can pass the test. I'm very hopeful:

http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting-tips/boxing/mikey-garcia-v-orlando-salido/garcia-vs-salido/18942

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:05 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:My personal feeling is that Garcia takes him out, going out on a whim here and think he does it in a dogged fashion but also slightly spectacular.

Think that perhaps Salido is PERHAPS just PERHAPS on the slide and I reckon Garcia might just be the man to overthrow him, I will go into more detail on my incredible Alex's Special Fight Reviewz which I'm sure you must all be literally peeing yourselves in anticipation for.

I think that Salido looked pretty bad in his fight before the Juanma rematch (Salido down once in rds 3 & 4) and Mikey is no pillow puff puncher either.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:19 pm

But has Mikey hit knocked out anyone with a solid chin or just average chins. Barrios and Conception are far and away the best fighters on his CV and while he was the first to KO barrios neither are real tough guys and have been dropped alot in their careers

Haya was a bad night but he was a 130lber and ended up getting knocked out himself citing Salido's powers of recovery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down