The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

+5
Steel
Ozzy3213
Pal Joey
davidl1061
Kenny
9 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 6 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Kenny Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Larroyer has an offer on the table but don't think it will be signed until after the world cup . The Benny deal could be done by early next week after the England Knights game and squad then going back to their respective clubs .

The PNG lads i haven't really heard of but both have been recommended by Stanley Gene and Adrian Lam ( Lam says the Prop Maki is good enough for the NRL and the outside back looks a big lad so fingers crossed )

Lovegrove is for me puzzling ( as is Craig Hall ) i have heard a few stories about both , one being salary increase year on year of contracts another being both wanting assurances on game time and another being getting abit to full of himself and how important he is .

For me i just think we are trying to improve the quality in the squad year on year , this hasn't always worked imo but i am glad we are no longer going down the road of spending big on supposed quick fix big name players .

Don't really want to point fingers as it looks like sour grapes but from what i'm hearing from the Darkside of the city FC could have to let Holdsworth and Miller go to Aus as they are on a shed load of their salary cap for next season
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:02 am

Hall I just feel that Sandercock dosn't rate, so won't play him in his best position (HB or FB, center at worst).
Griffin I think a move would be best for the lad, as I just csn't see him getting game time at all, which I feel will halt his progress.
Caro was a waste, fast but probably need another season at London to sort out the rest of his game.
Lovegrove, said. Tuimavavre is also strange, we fought hard to get him, he's not done badly this season, not let anyone down. And yet we trying to get rid of him, only reason I can think of is that we will have 2 many props, but then again won't we also know have to many SR's?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:49 am

We certainly wont be short in the SR department next season .

Heard Hall has sort of demanded a starting place after listening to certain family members ( which hasn't gone down well )
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Rovers have confirmed that Enoch Maki & Francis Paniu have joined the club, though I don't know for how long.
If Maki plays like the last PNG prop we had (Makili Aizue) then I think he'll be a fans favorite, Didn't realize that Paniu was a SR, what is it with us buy/having SR's at the club?

IN
Michael Weyman (St George),
Neville Costigan (Newcastle),
Kris Keating (Canterbury),
Jamie Langley (Bradford),
Jonathan Walker (Castleford),
Enoch Maki (Mendi Muruks),
Francis Paniu (Rabaul Gurus)
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Both have signed one year deals with options for extensions should they settle and perform well enough .

Paniu can play second row or center so offers cover in both areas , Maki isn't as big as Makili but is supposed to be bloody strong according to what Stanley Gene told me
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:29 am

Apparently the delay behind Bens transfer is down to Rovers, who after agreeing length, money and cost 4 weeks ago haven't been back in touch.

I hope both PNG players work out, and end up staying as long as Aizue and Stanley. Just think that Paniu has a harder job because of position, but time will tell.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:10 am

tiger saw your comment on FC's new home shirt on the news thread , i have to agree it isn't good at all in fact every FC fan i have spoke to hates it and say they will wait until the away shirt comes out .

I just hope ours is better Fingers Crossed and that they get it out before christmas ......i'm hoping for a traditional white shirt and red band
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:47 am

It can't be worse can it?

Although ours should be intresting, given that in the last 7 years we done just about every red band shirt combination I can think off.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Rovers have signed Kevin Larroyer on a season long loan from Catalans.

I don't get this, If we've got to many forwards why get him in the first place, if we rate him or want him why not sign him permanently?

IN
Michael Weyman (St George 2 year deal),
Neville Costigan (Newcastle 2 year deal),
Kris Keating (Canterbury 3 year deal),
Jamie Langley (Bradford 1 year with 1 year option),
Jonathan Walker (Castleford 3 year deal),
Enoch Maki (MendiMuruks 1 year with options),
Francis Paniu (Rabaul Gurias 1 year with options),
Kevin Larroyer (Catalan 1 year loan).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Rovers have signed Kevin Larroyer on a season long loan from Catalans.

I don't get this, If we've got to many forwards why get him in the first place, if we rate him or want him why not sign him permanently?

IN
Kris Keating (Canterbury 3 year deal),
Enoch Maki (MendiMuruks 1 year with options),
Kevin Larroyer (Catalan 1 year loan).
Catalans not prepared to release him from his contract without a large transfer fee being paid , player had indicated he wanted to leave so a compromise loan deal arranged for next season to allow further talks over perminent deal
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Understand it know after I read what you put on the signings thread.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:46 pm

regarding kit i have seen a picture of supposed home kit ( though i'm not sure it was real ) and it is red shirt with blue band bit similar to the kit we wore in our first Superleague season though not as dark colours
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 pm

tiger sent you a PM
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 am

Got it thanks.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:47 am

According to the Hull Daily Mail the Ben Cockayne deal is being held up by a change in the transfer fee wanted by Wakefield
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:57 pm

So Evarn Tuimavave has left the club, being cynical can't help but think this homesickness could be something to do with Rovers wanting to get rid of him.

OUTS
Michael Dobson (Newcastle),
Cory Paterson (Wests),
Mickey Paea (Hull fc),
Ryan O Hara(Lepzigan),
Richard Beaumont (St Helens),
Lincoln Withers (Australia),
Alex Brown (Leigh),
Evarn Tuimavave (Released).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 pm

yes i have to agree tiger , loved his agents quote of him being to young when he came over here at 29 to settle Laugh 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:14 am

signing Justin Poore from Wakey .............well i never saw that coming ....didn't even hear a whisper about it i had heard he was off to Leeds but he is best mates with Weyman which made him come to us .

I think he will have a much bigger impact then Tuimavave did so in that respect it is a step forward , but lets hope he doesn't get sent off
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Got to agree, really didn't see this one coming. Although i think he's not a bad signing, i just feel its in a position that we did't need anymore signings for.

INS
Neville Costigan ( Newcastle 2 year deal),
Kris Keating (Canturbury 3 year deal),
Jamie Langley (Bradford 1 year deal with 1 year option),
Enoch Malki (Mendi Muraks 1 year deal with options),
Francis Paniu (Rabaul Gurias 1 year deal with options),
Kevin Larroyer (Catalans 1 year loan)
Justin Poore (Wakefield 2 year deal).

Still feel we've signed to many.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:44 am

I think it will be players out before anymore coming in
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:35 pm

The new Home shirt will be launch at 5pm on Sunday 24th November at the Craven Park club shop .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 am

So Ben's deal is finally completed, will be intresting to see in what position he plays, although glad to have him back (never thought we should have got rid of him), not sure we really need him.

INS
Kris Keating (Canterbury 3 year deal)
Enoch Malki (Mendi Muruks 1 year with options),
Kevin Larroyer (Catalan 1 year loan),
Justin Poore (Wakefield 2 year deal),
Beñ Cockayne (Wakefield 2 year deal).

What this does mean, is we really don't need to sign
many if any players next year, and whoever is coach in 2015 (Sandercock or whoever), is either going to be spending alot of time in contract negotiations (as several of Rovers current squad have also signed till then), or be getting rid of a hell of alot of players.

Good to see Macauley Hallet & Steven Holker signing there first contracts with the club. Though they have very little chance of actually appearing for the club this year.

Rovers are thought to be after USA SR (because that's a position we really need to strengthen, I don't feel we have enough players for that position) Mark Offerdhal.

Craig Sandercock is thought to be on the Shortlist for Manly's assistant coach job.

Fixture list out on Monday, will put Rovers on here when I can.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Talking to a few people Sandercock wants his future sorting out asap , he wants to stay ( imo he should ) but then again doesn't want to miss out on jobs if Rovers aren't going to offer a new contract .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 am

To be honest I never understood the point of only giving him a 1 year extension, should have given him at least 2 more and see what he can do.

Rovers have got Leeds at Home 1st game, will put up the rest tomorrow.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Rovers fixtures are as follows (cup/manchester obviously not included as not yet announced).

rd 1 - Sun 16th Feb - Leeds Home.
rd 2 - Sun 23rd Feb - Huddersfield Away.
rd 3 - Fri 28th Feb - Castleford Home (sky).
rd 4 - Fri 7th March - St Helens Away.
rd 5 - Fri 14th March - Wigan Away (sky).
rd 6 - Sun 23rd March - Bradford Home.
rd 7 - Sun 30th March - Wakefield Home.
rd 8 - Fri 11th April - Warrington Away.
rd 9 - Thurs 17th April - Hull FC - Home (sky).
rd 10 - Monday 21st April - Catalan Away.
rd 11 - Sun 4th May - Widnes Home.
rd 12 - Sat 10th May - Salford Away.
rd 13 17th/18th may manchester madness weekend
rd 14 - Sunday 25th May - London Home.
rd 15 - Sun 1st June - Castleford Away.
rd 16 - Fri 13th June - Warrington Home.
rd 17 - Thurs 19th June - Bradford Away (Sky).
rd 18 - Thursday 26th June - Huddersfield Home (Sky).
rd 19 - Sunday 6th July - St Helens Home.
rd 20 - Fri 11th June - Leeds Away.
rd 21 - Sun 20th July - Salford Home.
rd 22 - Sat 26th July - London Away.
rd 23 - Sun 3rd Aug - Widnes Away.
rd 24 - Sun 17th Aug - Wigan Home.
rd 25 - Fri 29th Aug - Hull FC Away.
rd 26 - Sun 7th Sept - Catalan Home.
rd 27 - Sun 14th Sept - Wakefield Away.

These games can abvousley be changed on Skys wim, and also because London haven,t as yet been gaureented for next year (what with having no home, and a few players).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 pm

It's a tough start , but in a way i suppose it's better to play them when they aren't upto speed either
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Just been to the kit launch , while the quality of the kit looks good i dont like the new design it looks more like a Salford shirt or a old Crusaders shirt
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:24 am

Kenny wrote:Just been to the kit launch , while the quality of the kit looks good i dont like the new design it looks more like a Salford shirt or a old Crusaders shirt
Just seen it, don't like the collar (the white bit), or the white band on the arms. Would also have liked some blue on it. Will wait to see the away top before deciding which one to get.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Squad numbers for next season

1. Greg Eden
2. Ben Cockayne
3. Kris Welham
4. Sean Gleeson
5. David Hodgson
6. Travis Burns
7. Kris Keating
8. Justin Poore
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Michael Weyman
11. Kevin Larroyer
12. Neville Costigan
13. Jamie Langley
14. Adam Walker
15. Graeme Horne
16. Jason Netherton
17. Jonny Walker
18. Liam Salter
19. Craig Hall
20. Jordan Cox
21. Keal Carlile
22. Rhys Lovegrove
23. James Green
24. Omari Caro
25. Aaron Ollett
26. Josh Guzdek
27. Sonny Esslemont
28. Matthew Beharrell
29. Connor Robinson
30. Macauley Hallett
31. Steven Holker
32. Enoch Maki
33. Francis Paniu
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:52 am

the Away kit should be released on Boxing day
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am

don't pay any attention to the squad numbers as far as playing games goes , my mate at the club has told me it is a marketing ploy to sell shirts ie the most high profile names in the 13
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Sad news that HKR radio commentator Chris Park has lost his battle against cancer , he had covered Rovers games since the early 90's and will be sadly missed . R.I.P
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:35 am

The new Away Kit has been launched today , i like it !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Hull KR centre Sean Gleeson's injury problems continued after he broke his leg on the final day of the club's pre-season training camp in Tenerife.

Gleeson made just six appearances in an injury-hit first season following his move from Salford City Reds in 2012.

The 26-year-old feared injury might force him to retire earlier this year.

Robins chief executive Mike Smith said: "At this stage we are unsure as to the extent of the injury but we are hopeful of a speedy recovery."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Feel really sorry for the PNG players if this can't be sorted out

PAPUA New Guinea pair Francis Paniu and Enoch Maki are in jeopardy of seeing their moves to Hull KR derailed by visa problems.

The duo remain stuck in their homeland and have been told it will be a further two months at least before any possible arrival.

Rovers announced they had signed the 24-year-old pair on one-year deals during the recent World Cup, subject to the proviso they would be granted the relevant paperwork.

Obtaining that necessary paperwork is, however, proving a stumbling block, with the proposed moves in real danger of falling down as a result.

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am

George Griffin has joined London Broncos

sad to see him go as i think he can become a international player in years to come
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Kenny wrote:George Griffin has joined London Broncos

sad to see him go as i think he can become a international player in years to come

I am also slightly sad to see him ago, as he never let us down. But do think this is best for the player, as can't see him getting any game time this season. And this will halt his progress. Wish him all the best.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

I would rather of loaned him out to them , but i do agree game time is what he needs now to progress to the next level .

I will be with a few mates from the club at the weekend so hopefully get some inside info to how we are looking before the first game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Rovers have named Travis Burns and Josh Hodgson as co captains for next season.

Only a month tI'll the world starts turning properly.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 am

tigerrobins wrote:Rovers have named Travis Burns and Josh Hodgson as co captains for next season.

Only a month tI'll the world starts turning properly.
Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but i can't get my head around this co-captains thing.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:15 pm

So that's the first friendly out the way, a 20-12 defeat oto Hull F.C. Apparently played okay, though I'm not sure what you can learn when you use 28 players.

I agree George, personally think 1 captain is enough with a vice.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Season is just around the corner and Hudgel has comitted himself to staying at Rovers for the near future which at least gives us some stability .

With a good run of no injuries i think we should have a better season then last year , not enough to break into the top 4 and with the teams around us all strengthening it should be a more equal season but i think having talked to a few guys around the club that things are looking good and we aren't aiming for the moon .... there are goals being set but not unachievable ones
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Hull KR Squad for opening Superleague game versus Leeds Rhinos

Burns, Carlile, Cockayne, Costigan, Eden, Green, Hall, D. Hodgson, J. Hodgson, Horne, Keating, Langley, Larroyer, Poore, Salter, A. Walker, J. Walker, Welham, Weyman.

only Sean Gleeson and Jason Netherton not available due to injury , Craig Hall could start at halfback if Travis Burns fails late fitness test .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Very poor second half display on sunday by all accounts and it doesn't get any easier this weekend v Huddersfield .

Weyman has accepted a 2 game ban for a dangerous challenge on Peacock so will miss the Huddersfield and Castleford games
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 pm

On my way to Huddersfield for today's probable loss (what an optimistic soul I am). Looking forward to it, could be a good game, and will be intresting to see how Rovers perform, and if they''ve learnt any lessons from last week.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 pm

It sounded like an eventful game on the radio tiger  Very Happy 

so glad to see we didn't rollover and die in the second half again
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:38 pm

To be honest it was a very good end to an average performance in my opinion.
Huddersfield dominated the 1st half, took there foot of the gas in the 2nd but probably still should have scored at least one try.
Rovers were very determined in the 2nd half, but there was a lack of ideas in attack (to often going up the center), to much one man stuff, and alot of blind passes. Defensively we gave up alot of yards despite some good hits.
But it was encouraging to see us continue till the end, and it's going to take time for combinations to gel, and the players to get used to each other. There were signs of promise there, and it was a very good point given the score with 5 mins left and the opposition.

Hope Jamie Langley's injury is not as bad as it looked but fear the worse given the delay and stretcher.

Feel we need a win on Friday, especially as its Saints then Wigan away.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Agree we need to take 2 points off Cas on friday , i do feel worried if it's Caro trying to stop Carney though
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:45 pm

very disappointed with our lack of ability to break down the opposite defence against Cas we had plenty of ball but no idea of how to break through the line for me . The combination between Burns and Keating will take time but the games don't get any easier with Saints and Warrington up next .

have heard a whisper that we have spoken to Bradford about taking two players off their hands ? you heard anything tiger ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 pm

posted in the rugby news section

Sean Gleeson attacked in fight outside Wigan club and could lose his eye

shocking news and i wish him well , but why out at 4am when your recovering from injury ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next