The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldenboy UK

5 posters

Go down

Goldenboy UK Empty Goldenboy UK

Post by sparxz Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

Hi guys with the news of goldenboy wanting to sign up more british boxers and put on more shows in the uk, along with Amir Khan, and now Anthony Agogo, who do you think they will/should snap up? weather it be amatuers turning pro, or current boxers not getting matched right.

I personally think they will try for Anthony Josua after the commenwealth games, dont think it would suit him, but i just have a feeling.

One person who i think should ship over if given the chance is Nathan Cleverly, Goldenboy would get him the USA exposure he wants and match him up with worthwhile opponents, unlike Warren!

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Goldenboy UK Empty Re: Goldenboy UK

Post by azania Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

That Evans chap (assuming he leaves the WSB).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

To be totally honest with you I would just be happy if Cleverly left Warren at this point, granted he got him a world title, but he has become a pure laughing stock to Boxing fans now. He isn't progressing as he should due to him facing poor opposition that can't test him enough, just give him sparring sessions, what good was the Karpency fight? It did literally nothing for him, taking that fight before a world title would have been ok, but whilst you're a world champion it's ridiculous to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if they went after Price. I can't see him wanting to be stuck on Loaded TV, and the chance to team up with GBP could be to much to turn down.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

He's going to be on BoxNation Hampo.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm

Is that full time though? Thought it was for a certain number of fights.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

Maloney has signed for his stable to fight on Loaded apart from Price who will be on BoxNation. He wasn't all too happy about not fighting on Sky, if he went to Loaded TV Maloney will have lost his superstar in the making, plus BoxNation will want to keep I'm on as he brings in the viewers.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:23 am

If Oscar still has the same megalomaniac tendencies he had in 2010 then I assume he will want to sign up every talented UK boxer;

“We need to sign all the talent and get all the TV dates. Then you can have your own agenda and have a schedule for the fans and the sport. You can do a monthly PPV, a bi-weekly HBO fight, you can have the best fighters fight each other. When you have five or six promoters, it’s very difficult ". Oscar De La Hoya (2010)

He has a fairly sound point about the proliferation of promoters, but I am not sure having some sort of totalitarian rule would really work either. No-one likes a dictator, do they? I guess he will just start to cherry pick the big UK earners, if he can, and then try to identify the 'next big stars', pay them a nice signing on bonus, promise the world and then drop them by the wayside if it doesn't work out. Then they can scuttle back to the other promoters whom Oscar and Dickie want to crush under their jackboots.

One another note, what on earth is Loaded TV? I have never heard of it and I am a bit reluctant to google it at work! They are not attached to the lads mag, are they? Surely boxing hasn't drifted that far out of the public consciousness.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:38 am

I didn't know either, and googled it yesterday as from what i can see they are linked to the lads mags sky channel 200, free to see tho, so at least no monthly costings.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down