The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you train each body part ???

+4
theslosty
liverbnz
aja424
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

How often do you train each body part ??? Empty How often do you train each body part ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

I tend to go 4 on...........1 or 2 off...Then start again...

Don't train calves...

Day 1 - Arms....(Started to lag so i've dedicated a session just for them..

Day 2 - Traps + Legs - Used to do traps with back but found my grip wasn't any good doing them last....

Day 3 - Back

Day 4 - Chest + shoulders....

Training for 20 years...and it has evolved over the years.. but I'm comfortable with this..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

How often do you train each body part ??? Empty Re: How often do you train each body part ???

Post by aja424 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 11:50 pm

Train in the gym twice a week-
Session 1 is arms and back, session 2 is chest and shoulders.

Have just started competing under white collar boxing over the last year so most weights sessions take place at the end of a boxing workout, if at all.

My strength and size have definitely decreased but I am now able to see the muscle that has been hiding.

Last edited by aja424 on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : getting used to using a kindle)

aja424

Back to top Go down

How often do you train each body part ??? Empty Re: How often do you train each body part ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

No leg training?? you wimp..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:46 pm

3 times a week - whole body.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:59 pm

Got to admire you........Too much for me that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:31 pm

Nothing to admire. The body gets used to it. The body feels ready to go 2 days later as long as I eat and sleep. If I get any DOMS (usually after a break from training) they dissappear soon into the next workout.

400lbs deadlift, on the other hand, is something to admire and something I'd love to achieve!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

Traditional 3 day push/pull/legs split and then I throw in a whole body session to keep all muscle groups stimulated.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:40 pm

Monday: Squats, Dips, Chins

Wednesday: Power cleans, Military Press

Friday: Deadlifts, Dips, Chins

This is the routine that I normally use.
Will do cardio on Tuesday and Thursday during the summer.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:16 pm

Hardcore powerlifters on here...Although I'm more into bodybuilding...

Used to do lot's of powercleans.........

Lower back struggles however have ruled out a lot of compound stuff..

Still do dips, chins and military presses...

tough workouts on here.........respect.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:40 pm

day one, chest.......day two dead lift and squat.......day three back.........day 4 shoulder work, presses etc.......day 5 dead lift and squat.

Don't really do arms as such and don't really work in a 7 day period....If I'm too sore I miss a day here or there. Got a fantastic strength building routine and it works a treat for the squats and deads but I hate doing the buggers!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:46 pm

liverbnz wrote:Nothing to admire. The body gets used to it. The body feels ready to go 2 days later as long as I eat and sleep. If I get any DOMS (usually after a break from training) they dissappear soon into the next workout.

400lbs deadlift, on the other hand, is something to admire and something I'd love to achieve!

What do you dead lift now? I can guarantee a 400lb dead is achievable to anyone if you hit it twice a week....If you're training full body/old school style three times a week there's a couple of easy little tricks that'll get your dead to 400lbs probably in a couple of months. (Depending where you're starting from obviously)......Best exercise in the world for me, does the works!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

How do you deadlift the day before back day....

Deadlifts work the whole back....and leave it real sore when done right...

Doing back the next day seems like overkill..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:35 pm

You're spot on, deads work everything....but I don't do a lot. Eg deads 5 x 3 squats 5 x 3. Done.....30 minutes. Back would be bent over rows, 8 6 4 2, pull downs 8 6 4 2 and chins 2 x max......35 mins, total time on back 50 minutes, same as a body builder would do in one hit! Works fr strength but only in 6 - 8 week hits and I need to add, I don't do 7 days. If I'm sore I miss a day....simples Smile

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:58 pm

Guys,

Just out of curiosity, when doing chest, do you stick with basic flat bench barbells and dumbells, or do you do inclines, declines flyes etc etc?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 28 Mar 2013, 2:20 pm

I rotate each week with flat bench. One week i'll do flat barbell and go for 5x5. Next, I'll go dumbbell and go for 5x8.

I do incline as my 3rd exercise, and do the opposite to what I did for flat, i.e dumbbell for flat will be barbell for incline, and vice versa.

I work incline flies in too, because I think they're great.

Decline aggravates my shoulder a little, but I do sometimes do it instead of incline press.

Hope that helps GF!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down