The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official venting about pub-only fans thread

+30
Knackeredknees
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
brennomac
OzT
Scrumpy
Manky-Flanker
mr_stonelea
bluestonevedder
beshocked
rodders
Cyril
Jimpy
sad_gimp
nganboy
kingjohn7
LeinsterFan4life
thebluesmancometh
doctor_grey
bsando
Notch
debaters1
Sugarlump
Kingshu
BelfastDickVet
Breadvan
AlastairW
Effervescing Elephant
lostinwales
Casartelli
ScarletSpiderman
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official venting about pub-only fans thread - Page 2 Empty Official venting about pub-only fans thread

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is that time of year again where the pub-only fans crawl out of the woodwork and start to spout nonesence. I don't know about everyone else but my work place has gone from three or four rugby fans to fourty plus. I am not talking about the people who are just discovering the game, or even people who only have an interest in the International game. I am talking about the people that have been 'watching' the six nations every year in their local pub/rugby club whilst seeing how many they can throw down their necks, and not actually knowing what is going on in the game, but still feel a compultion to shout at every decision the ref makes against us, whether its right or wrong. And worse they feel the need to stop talking about football and start preaching about rugby in the tea room. It is really annoying, I have nothing against them as people, but knowing there are another 7 weeks to suffer is worrying.

The stupid comments have already started.

So far the best are

"At last they have had the balls to drop Priestland"

"I predict a final score of Wales 4 and Ireland 5"

"Biggar just isn't really match fit, but I guess that is the problem, as the Ospreys have to juggle game time for him and Hook"

In honour of these muppets I have decided to start a thred to catalogue the best, well worst, of these comments. Feel free to add any you have had to suffer.

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Clearing up aimed at the pub-only fan, not being snobby)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Official venting about pub-only fans thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official venting about pub-only fans thread

Post by AlastairW Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:20 am

beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:Scarletspiderman I think the most annoying thing is when you have people forcing you to get up whilst you're watching the game (live I am talking about). If you want a beer you can go down to your local pub. Might seem controversial to some of you.

Having a beer for the game or afterwards is fine but please don't traipse pass back and forth with numerous pints whilst others are trying to watch the game!

Smart little trick - buy beer before the match starts.

I do agree. I do find plastic fans quite annoying. For example on the bbc page a Scottish fan saying they wouldn't have one English player in a joint English-Scottish side.

At the Saracens-Racing Metro one "rugby" fan was going on about how rubbish Borthwick is and how he makes no metres. He then proceeds to power over for a try.

People getting in your way at a Saracens home game shouldn't normally be a problem though should it? 'Cos you can simply get up and move to another empty part of the stadium.

Seriously - are you for real? You honestly expect people to take their seats and remain motionless until released by the half time/full time whistle? Perhaps you should begin a campaign to stamp out fidgeting, leg stretching and silly hats - you could also offer a free colostomy bag to each supporter as they go through the gate. Toilet breaks will become a thing of the past.

I suppose you haven't heard in the news that Saracens are having their first game at their new stadium on the 16th Feb.

I expect people to take their seats before the game starts yes. I want to watch the game without being interrupted. What's wrong with that?

Can't you say anything constructive?

I think you're going to be in for a bit of a let down Shocked. Just about every game i've ever been to people are still drifting to their seats for the first 3-4 minutes of each half.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Official venting about pub-only fans thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official venting about pub-only fans thread

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:24 am

'Shocked - I can never understand the ones who get up to get a beer during the match. On the few occations where I have not had to drive and have been able to have a few beers at the match, I have bought two beers to take with me to my seat. It just means that your not going to miss something in order to get a beer. I know a few people who tend to go to the bar at around the 30-35min mark in order to get there before the que.

Thinking about things like that, the folk who get up and leave with five or tens mins to go, even if there is only one score in it, so they can get to their car before the 'rush' always make me laugh.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

Since human beings in a modern society are not yet (thankfully) a race of mindless automatons, I do think that you seem to be aiming a little high with your expectations.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

Surely the olympics provided the most hilarious of plastic fans.....the office bore who had read on article on rowing, then stood up to announce his knowledge of the sport, what sculling means, how repercharges work etc...

I will be in the pub tomorrow...there'll be a few football fans politely asking me questions about tactics, refereeing decisions etc and generally enjoying the game.

And there is bound to be one ignoramus saying how much more popular football is, how boring rugby is, bla bla bla

Plastic fans are fine....it's ignorant people who wind me up

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:37 am

AlastairW wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:Scarletspiderman I think the most annoying thing is when you have people forcing you to get up whilst you're watching the game (live I am talking about). If you want a beer you can go down to your local pub. Might seem controversial to some of you.

Having a beer for the game or afterwards is fine but please don't traipse pass back and forth with numerous pints whilst others are trying to watch the game!

I do agree. I do find plastic fans quite annoying. For example on the bbc page a Scottish fan saying they wouldn't have one English player in a joint English-Scottish side.

At the Saracens-Racing Metro one "rugby" fan was going on about how rubbish Borthwick is and how he makes no metres. He then proceeds to power over for a try.

People getting in your way at a Saracens home game shouldn't normally be a problem though should it? 'Cos you can simply get up and move to another empty part of the stadium.

Seriously - are you for real? You honestly expect people to take their seats and remain motionless until released by the half time/full time whistle? Perhaps you should begin a campaign to stamp out fidgeting, leg stretching and silly hats - you could also offer a free colostomy bag to each supporter as they go through the gate. Toilet breaks will become a thing of the past.

I suppose you haven't heard in the news that Saracens are having their first game at their new stadium on the 16th Feb.

I expect people to take their seats before the game starts yes. I want to watch the game without being interrupted. What's wrong with that?

I think you're going to be in for a bit of a let down Shocked. Just about every game i've ever been to people are still drifting to their seats for the first 3-4 minutes of each half.

I know but it's something you want to try and avoid if you can.

Exactly Scarletspiderman. There's always the danger of missing something if you get up.

True I find it funny when people leave early then something exciting happens too. They must be kicking themselves.

I went to see Saracen's two friendles at the HAC in London vs Connacht and Stade Francais. basically most of the crowd were getting up and down all the time to get beers. Unsurprising when most aren't rugby fans. Only a friendly though so I wasn't too bothered but you could tell most were just there to get drunk.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:41 am

Jimpy wrote:Since human beings in a modern society are not yet (thankfully) a race of mindless automatons, I do think that you seem to be aiming a little high with your expectations.

Evidently they are mindless automatons if they don't care that they might annoy people by disturbing them. Unsurprisingly during the 80 minutes of rugby I want to watch the match. I might make observations during the game but that's part of it.

Ignorant people wind me up too. It's why I dislike Jimpy so much!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:48 am

beshocked wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Exactly Scarletspiderman. There's always the danger of missing something if you get up.

True I find it funny when people leave early then something exciting happens too. They must be kicking themselves.

I went to see Saracen's two friendles at the HAC in London vs Connacht and Stade Francais. basically most of the crowd were getting up and down all the time to get beers. Unsurprising when most aren't rugby fans. Only a friendly though so I wasn't too bothered but you could tell most were just there to get drunk.

I don't have a problem with this, like SS I bring a couple of beers in before kick off, but will need a couple more at half time, now if you go at half time you are likiley to be in a big queue, and only get back 5/10 minutes after the second half has kicked off, and a bit annoyed that you had to queue, push though crowds, if you go 5-10 after half time there is still a chance of a back log from halftime and it will take a little time, if you leave 30-35 minutes into first half then you get your beers for the second half, without the queues and stuff. Most games I go to someone in the group is given the unwanted task of leaving around this time to get the round in (and annoying beshocked). I accept some may find it annoying, but it is a nessary evil, and something that is to be expected and hence tolerated.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:49 am

From a Scottish perspective, the best one I've seen so far on another website has been.

"Beattie is awesome and has to be there. I would have Beattie at Lock, Stockosch at 7, Brown at 8 and then Denton at 6!"

and then someone else agreed with him.

picard

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:55 am

Kingshu wrote:
beshocked wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

I don't have a problem with this, like SS I bring a couple of beers in before kick off, but will need a couple more at half time, now if you go at half time you are likiley to be in a big queue, and only get back 5/10 minutes after the second half has kicked off, and a bit annoyed that you had to queue, push though crowds, if you go 5-10 after half time there is still a chance of a back log from halftime and it will take a little time, if you leave 30-35 minutes into first half then you get your beers for the second half, without the queues and stuff. Most games I go to someone in the group is given the unwanted task of leaving around this time to get the round in (and annoying beshocked). I accept some may find it annoying, but it is a nessary evil, and something that is to be expected and hence tolerated.

Kingshu I understand why people do it. I just personally wouldn't want someone go past me particularly if something exciting is going on at the time. If there's a lull in play for example it's not as bad. Timing can be important. Plus it depends how often it happens etc.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:00 am

beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:Since human beings in a modern society are not yet (thankfully) a race of mindless automatons, I do think that you seem to be aiming a little high with your expectations.

Evidently they are mindless automatons if they don't care that they might annoy people by disturbing them. Unsurprisingly during the 80 minutes of rugby I want to watch the match. I might make observations during the game but that's part of it.

Don't call me ignorant, i'm not. You don't know me. Feel free to dislike me, but don't assume that you're an infailable judge of character as well as God's gift to rugby knowledge. In fact, its quite amusing that you don't realise calling somebody ignorant without actually knowing they are, is in itself ignorant.

I'm suprised you can find anyone to make observations to old chap, since your observations almost certainly consist of cliches, statistics, and opinions that can only be right. I'd often wondered what that snoring sound was coming from the stands, people have fallen asleep listening to you. And there was me thinking they were simply bored of watching Saracens kick the leather off the ball.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:09 am

Kingshu wrote:
beshocked wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Is intolerance a form of ignorance?

The jury is out...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Don't call me ignorant, i'm not. You don't know me. Feel free to dislike me, but don't assume that you're an infailable judge of character as well as God's gift to rugby knowledge. In fact, its quite amusing that you don't realise calling somebody ignorant without actually knowing they are, is in itself ignorant.

I'm suprised you can find anyone to make observations to old chap, since your observations almost certainly consist of cliches, statistics, and opinions that can only be right. I'd often wondered what that snoring sound was coming from the stands, people have fallen asleep listening to you. And there was me thinking they were simply bored of watching Saracens kick the leather off the ball.

Sorry what? Could you please say something remotely relevant to the discussion for once?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:29 am

Since you're still here, why not.

I put it to you that not only is your attitude towards what you expect of others intolerant, which many would consider to be ignorant (now there's ironic for you), it is also grossly unrealistic.

I think most sensible people would accept that interaction with fellow supporters is part of the experience of watching sport at the event. Every year at the double header I have to put up with Saracens supporters who quite often give the impression they came down with the last shower. Most of them didn't even know the team existed prior to 4 years ago - trying desperately to fit in with the rest of us mere mortals. Fortunately, I am able to understand that they're entitled to their rather narrow opinions and let them get on with it. And I certainly don't expect them to be glued to their seats for the duration.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:41 am

Jimpy how is it grossly unrealistic? If it blocks my view of the game it affects me.

I don't understand why you are defending people standing up during a game. If they need a beer that badly why not stock up?

Interaction with supporters is pushing past them with beers is it? Chatting to a fellow man during a game is interaction. Obstructing someone's view or for example booing a kicker is not good in my opinion.

For the record I am not a big fan of mexican waves either. Normally these happen when casual fans are bored and feel like they have nothing better to do.

I am saying that the practice of standing up during a game should not be encouraged on a large scale basis though I accept it happens.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:45 am

Don't get me wrong, i find it annoying as the next man, and I cannot abide foul language on the terraces, but I am not defending them. I am defending human nature, which it is unrealistic to expect to change.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:58 am

Jimpy that's fair enough then.

there is a difference between tolerating it and believing it is the right thing to do.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:27 pm

Can we try and get this back on track.

It is a thread to post some of the more annoying comments people, who have only a passing interest in rugby but become experts over the 6Ns, make. It's just a bit of fun. It is not meant to be a thread about who is more arrogent.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

Yes it’s that time of year to dust off your French beret and pick cowboy hats, check the inflatable leek, wax your Barbour jacket and discover your Tweed has shrunk or you've grown!
Bravehearts on the TV and the supermarkets have great deals on Guinness.

I love the 6 nations. Very Happy
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm

Casual fans are to Unions and Club/Provincial Profit. Fact.

Die hard fans are to Unions and Clubs/Provinces Cost covering.

Both sets are vital to any operation and need eachother as much as the Union/Club needs them. Howver, it is not too much to ask either set to be a little informed or a little willing to see another perspective. Team selection is subjective but knobs that insist X is better than Y with no basis in logic or fact are annoying and Ive no problem with such individuals being admonished. Indeed, 'plastic fans' exist in the die hard section too. There is nothing worse than a die hard fan boy.......

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

Well this took a dark turn somewhere on page 1!!!

Havn't read most of this page but I think I get the jist...

Being inpolite at games = bad

Using foul language = bad

Plastics = bad

Snobbery = bad

commoners = bad

booing = bad

your a snob, no your a snob, no I'm a casual, no your a plastic so and so said this, so and so said that!!!

JEEZ we're all as bad as each other OK

Just to clear things up Griff on my earlier post I was the one being spoken down to because I wasn't going to the game, despite the person knowing nothing of the game at all but professing to be a die hard, oh and mumbles the anthem too!

A lot of Welsh people are huge rugby fans for about 6 weeks or so a year.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Feb 2013, 2:35 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Well this took a dark turn somewhere on page 1!!!

Plastics = bad

Snobbery = bad

commoners = bad

booing = bad

your a snob, no your a snob, no I'm a casual, no your a plastic so and so said this, so and so said that!!!

Yeah that is pretty much how this thread decended from a jokey light hearted way of keeping moral up over the 6Ns, but sharing some of the more bizarre and down right stupid, comments that we hear, to a good old pork sword fighting contest.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 2:36 pm

Well to get things back on track SS I was asked today how Gav was doing in France and if he made the team or not?!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 01 Feb 2013, 2:56 pm

To be fair they may have thought Gav was been filming a reality show in France, where they take five contestants with most votes each week to make a team, to fight a Lion to death, (what they fight changes each week, and viewers have to vote for the 5 contestantss most likley to beat it, or 5 they wish seeing torn to shreds.)

next week they fight against the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:24 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Well to get things back on track SS I was asked today how Gav was doing in France and if he made the team or not?!

He's making his comeback on Sunday so back for Wales next week against France maybe!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Well this took a dark turn somewhere on page 1!!!

Plastics = bad

Snobbery = bad

commoners = bad

booing = bad

JEEZ we're all as bad as each other OK

Just to clear things up Griff on my earlier post I was the one being spoken down to because I wasn't going to the game, despite the person knowing nothing of the game at all but professing to be a die hard, oh and mumbles the anthem too!

A lot of Welsh people are huge rugby fans for about 6 weeks or so a year.

And what is wrong within that? That is the big debate here. Some posters seem to have a problem with people who only support the international game. There are numerous reasons why people may not follow the club game, but come out to support their country. It's their country FFS!

I bet we've all got interests that could define us as 'plastic'. I'm into cycling a bit so tune into the Tour de France, but then don't watch any cycling the rest of the year. I don't know the cyclists. I can point out wiggins and cavendish. No one else. Does that make me some sort of underling who should not speak to people about cycling? Nonsense. Cyclists have welcomed me wit open arms. I like golf, play a bit, handicap 16 which isn't great, watch only the Ryder Cup. I don't know all of the players and their achievements. I know the famous ones. Am I some sort of d*ckhead for showing minimal interest until a big tournament? No. I've just got into running. and, rather than be shunned by the running community as a newb, i have been welcomed in to a local running club where they do all sorts for new people to get them up to speed. So what's the difference with rugby fans? It's no wonder that crowds are dwindling in Wales, when the fans do not like those outsiders who show an interest.

There are fans on here who do not support the international game, so you could call them plastic too. There are fans here who spend the evening on their computer typing about the game rather than going to the ground to watch it. Completely plastic, by the definition of people on this thread. Yet we embrace them, allow them to post, debate with them, argue with them, include them. And why wouldn't you. If you want a closed shop game, not open to the interested, played by only those who pass an exam, then we need similar on here surely? You only get a password if you pass the exam and prove you attend your club every week. Silly, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:32 pm

Good post Griff Official venting about pub-only fans thread - Page 2 1710857839

That pretty much sums up my opinion too.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:41 pm

Well tomorrow I'm off to some pub in richmond to watch the game with a couple of die hard Arsenal supporters, who knows nothing about rugby. But I took them to a couple of tri-nations games early in the morning and they enjoyed it so much, specially as how friendly we all are after the game, I guess a surprise to them form soccer pubs, they are wanting to come and watch the 6Ns with me!

Point I'm making is they are not rugby fans as such, no doubt they're be voicing a few strange comments during the game, but they will add to the general atmosphere

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

I'm a plastic tennis fan for sure. Golf too. I'm in it for the majors/Slams.

But on these subjects I do not hold court Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:50 pm

Pffft. Nice one Griff

Coming in here, with your common sense, having a crack at everyone with your well thought out and rational opinions! I hope you're happy with yourself, you've ruined it for everyone now!

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 01 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

Notch wrote:I'm a plastic tennis fan for sure. Golf too. I'm in it for the majors/Slams.

But on these subjects I do not hold court Smile
Official venting about pub-only fans thread - Page 2 2143842934

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 01 Feb 2013, 4:18 pm

I'd not have a go at so called plastic fans, I follow lots of sports, but can't even always name all the players in the team I support, (Antrim hurling and football teams, know the main ones), attend the games and enjoy them.

I like fans that only watch the big games, as it means its easier to find someone/make someone come out for a few pints to watch it.

What about the Irish cricket team, its a of us would have been wanting them to win, even though I don't like cricket, (wouldn't go so far to watch them mind), Womens Boxing, none of us really have an intrest in it, yet katie Taylor winning gold was one of the most watched events in Ireland.

I think we are all Plastic fans in someway.

But whatever the sport, I hate the loud know-it all, that keeps getting it wrong, but shouts loudly and will argue with anyone that disagrees. Even outside sport same applies.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm

Griff re_-read the original thread mate. It is not calling international only fans plastic, it is not calling anyone on these boards plastic, it is not calling anyone who watches matches purely from the comfort of their armchair plastic. It is purely about the loudmouths who sit in the pub throwing gallons of beer down their throats whilst generally being tools, and then come out with bizarre statements which make no sense.

Today I was told a predicted score of 4-5, when I asked how they said two kicks for wales and a try for ireland. It was comments like that, and others mentionex early on in this thread that made me make this light hearted thread, notv snobbery or arrogence etc.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:17 pm

Most sports need the pubplastic fans, but it's only right and fair to mock them. Adds to the fun.

Was sat in front of two posh English ssshhhtudent types who had found their way into the Friday night Wales v France game a couple of years back. They insisted on referring to Chabal as 'The Beast'. I was amused, but Mrs Casartelli went mental with them after the seventh or eighth time, said she'd get her brothers down to kick the sh*t out of them at half time if they carried on getting it wrong.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

Cas, you do realise Chabal's nickname is The Beast of Balmain, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

Scarlet, you're talking about people coming out of the woodwork to support their country and then go quiet again when there are no internationals on. Therefore, it suggests that you have a problem with them only supporting internationals and not the club game. Which, to me, has nothing wrong with it. Let them support what they want.

As for spouting nonsense, I see plenty of season ticket holders spouting nonsense down at the dragons. P*ssed up, shouting obscenities at the ref, shouting offside every time when it wasn't offside, going ballistic for a forward pass that was impossible to see from behind and 70 metres away, disagreeing with perfectly good refereeing decisions. If season ticket holders at club rugby, i.e. the knowledgeable, year round fans, can get it wrong then it's understandable and tolerable (for me any way) if international only fans do the same. It's human nature not to be experts in everything.

Also, your OP didn't sound that light hearted, talking about muppets and annoying people. Sounded like you had a chip on your shoulder because outsiders were invading a game you consider to be YOURS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:34 pm

Griff wrote:Cas, you do realise Chabal's nickname is The Beast of Balmain, right?

Since when Griff?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:36 pm

Since google told me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:39 pm

Griff wrote:Since google told me.

Looks like a 2012 thing, thank goodness. Wasn't looking forward to breaking that to the missus.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:42 pm

Well I just hope Rob O'Driscoll doesn't miss an open goal in that match in Twickenham tomorow Very Happy

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

Casartelli wrote:
Griff wrote:Since google told me.

Looks like a 2012 thing, thank goodness. Wasn't looking forward to breaking that to the missus.

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:44 pm

brennomac wrote:Well I just hope Rob O'Driscoll doesn't miss an open goal in that match in Twickenham tomorow Very Happy

Yeah, know what you mean. What I hate is when we're 4 points behind and they don't take a penalty kick to win the match! What's that about?!

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

Griff wrote:
brennomac wrote:Well I just hope Rob O'Driscoll doesn't miss an open goal in that match in Twickenham tomorow Very Happy

Yeah, know what you mean. What I hate is when we're 4 points behind and they don't take a penalty kick to win the match! What's that about?!

warning

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

Griff you certainly need to take that little blue pill, your BP must be through the roof.

How about instead of adopting a martyr stance and a holier than thou attitude you take part in what is meant to be a little fun.

Actually read what is being posted, don't take it exactly how you want it to mean, you've misrepresented me once, and the one above isn't far from making it twice! Your hell bent on arguing with someone who dare poke fun at a certain people, I dredd the day I meet you in a pub with mates, you'd spend your time so offended you wouldn't know where you were!

My comment is certainly aimed at those who claim to live and die the game despite not giving any input back at any level, have any involvement, know anything about the basic elements and parade around on 6N day representing the nation that has it as a national sport.

I'm not saying their bad for doing so, I'm not saying their wrong for doing so, but I am very entitled to mock them for doing so! I have donned a daffodil headpeice, been dressed as a leek and was even the back end of a dragon, international days and crowds are extremely fun, but if I want to take the mickey I will, and no seemingly middle class human rights activist type will stop that (and thats how your starting to sound on this thread).

Lets put it into perspective, when was the last time you rocked up at the tour de france dressed in sky racing gear from head to toe and asked if Lance and his testy would win it again?

Did you enter the Celtic manor for the Ryder cup boo ing the Americans as they putt?

Come on mun, we're only taking the micheal!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:38 pm

Some are taking the Michael, but some are clearly not.

I've been to all manor of sporting events as a plastic fan. Welsh open, Wimbledon, wales football, Cardiff city, Olympics, horse racing, etc. I got drunk at most of them too. And I joined in with the crowd! Never had any attitude from 'real' fans though.

I'll have plenty off banter with people tomorrow in the pub - and that's exactly the point. I'll have a laugh with people, and banter, especially if they get things wrong. Whereas you'd berate people for not having a clue about what they're watching. Barrel of laughs you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Griff you certainly need to take that little blue pill, your BP must be through the roof.

How about instead of adopting a martyr stance and a holier than thou attitude you take part in what is meant to be a little fun.

Actually read what is being posted, don't take it exactly how you want it to mean, you've misrepresented me once, and the one above isn't far from making it twice! Your hell bent on arguing with someone who dare poke fun at a certain people, I dredd the day I meet you in a pub with mates, you'd spend your time so offended you wouldn't know where you were!

My comment is certainly aimed at those who claim to live and die the game despite not giving any input back at any level, have any involvement, know anything about the basic elements and parade around on 6N day representing the nation that has it as a national sport.

I'm not saying their bad for doing so, I'm not saying their wrong for doing so, but I am very entitled to mock them for doing so! I have donned a daffodil headpeice, been dressed as a leek and was even the back end of a dragon, international days and crowds are extremely fun, but if I want to take the mickey I will, and no seemingly middle class human rights activist type will stop that (and thats how your starting to sound on this thread).

Lets put it into perspective, when was the last time you rocked up at the tour de france dressed in sky racing gear from head to toe and asked if Lance and his testy would win it again?

Did you enter the Celtic manor for the Ryder cup boo ing the Americans as they putt?

Come on mun, we're only taking the micheal!!!

Can't you see that's the exact opposite of what I'm doing. It's people on here that have a holier than thou attitude about plastic fans - I'm saying lets embrace them! There are loud obnoxious people in all walks of life, not just the 6N. Let fans be fans and let them enjoy their tournament!

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

Who has berated anyone for not knowing? simply sharing a comical misinformed story to a bunch of like minded people on an internet forum is certainly not me berating anyone!!

I personally try to get as many people I can into the game, and have had some of the most fun at games explaining rules to the missus who hadn't a clue about the game until we met. Especially trying to get her to understand the lineout situation, the bounce and where it's kicked from under what situation still baffles her, it's hilarious.

When you think of it the ball going into touch can mean tons of different outcomes from one teams ball to the other, if it bounces, taken back in, for a penalty or freekick, then going back to where it's kicked, then theres going dead, caught in the 22, going over the try line, then the drop22, it's not difiicult to imagine it being very confusing.

That halo of yours must be murder to keep squeeky clean OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:53 pm

So in which way has Scarletspiderman hindered ANYBODIES enjoyment of the tournament, you have entered his thread of light hearted mocking, of which rugby is renowned for, and you are the one berating people for taking the michael.

I think you need to re assess who's being hindering who's enjoyment of the game!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

Bluesman, firstly whenever I post I am not automatically addressing you directly. Therefore, do not take all of my posts as of they're aimed at you. There are others who have posted that this time of year is rubbish because plastic fans come out who know nothing about the game. I say boo hoo, get over it and embrace the tournament.

Secondly, your last but one post: we're agreeing on the same point there, you d*ck! I too want everyone to go out and enjoy it, which is why I argue with those who have a problem with it. As I posted a few times I'll be out with people who do not know much about the game, and that's great. The more the merrier.

And where have I said that Scarlet has hindered anyone's enjoyment?

Anyway, see you in the pub tomorrow. I'll be the one getting the calls wrong and not knowing the players names, but enjoying myslf regardless. You'll be the one rolling your eyes like an old women, snivelling into your bitter about plastic fans. Looking forward to it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm

Theres still a lot of welsh fans out there who still live in the bubble of the glory years and dont realise the 2012 grandslam was 10 months ago. chin

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

kiss

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next