The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team?

+17
Feckless Rogue
peachbomb
mckay1402
Mickado
gowershowerpower
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Submachine
aitchw
LuvSports!
Chjw131
funnyExiledScot
captain carrantuohil
Portnoy's Complaint
Cyril
ScarletSpiderman
Sam
t1000advancedprototype
21 posters

Go down

Your 2nd fav 6N team?

Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_lcap2%Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_lcap36%Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 16 ]
Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_lcap22%Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 10 ]
Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_lcap18%Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 8 ]
Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_lcap0%Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_lcap22%Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 45

Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Empty Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

Always good to have a back up team when your 1st choice forgets to play rugby.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Empty Re: Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team?

Post by Sam Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:24 pm

Italy for me! Everyone loves the thought of Italy beating one of the bigger nations!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team? Empty Re: Your 2nd favourite Six Nations team?

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:25 pm

To be honest that is an awkward one, because it changes from week to week depending on who is playing who.

I generally like to see Italy or Scotland doing well, and then between England, Ireland and France I tend to get behind whoever seems to want to play attractive rugby.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:27 pm

Whenever I watch a game with Wales in it they are always my second favourite team.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Sam wrote:Italy for me! Everyone loves the thought of Italy beating one of the bigger nations!

Not everyone Sam.
There are some francophiles around,

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:30 pm

I have equals. My father's father was from Co. Cork, my father's mother from Yorkshire, and I've always felt ambivalent about openly backing either England or Ireland when they meet.

Just occasionally, I do want one to win for one reason or another. In 2003, I felt that an England Slam would give them a proper platform for the RWC, for which I didn't reckon Ireland were ready. In 2011, I thought that it was a ridiculous chapter of accidents that saw a really poor England side going for the Slam in Dublin, which I didn't feel that they would have deserved in any way. Therefore, I wanted Ireland to win that year. This year, I really don't mind. I would always want either or both to beat the rest of their opposition.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

Ireland for me. Grew up watching rugby in the 90's and we were equally bad at that stage, so there was always empathy and commaraderie.

Keith Wood and O'Driscoll are two of my favourite non-Scots players as well. Quality players and great characters.

The "golden generation" stuff annoyed me slightly, but no nation is perfect!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:41 pm

I'd be surprised if there are any votes at all for England. Itlay for me, there game on the weekend was a joy to watch and I hope they show up well again in Scotland.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:06 pm

ireland, love the anthem "SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE'LL ANSWER IRELAND@S CALL!!!!"

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:08 pm

Changes a bit for me from week to week depending on who's playing who but Ireland for me generally. Being of a certain age I grew up watching when Ireland were just the 'get out there and give em hell and we'll scalp a few from time to time but we'll aways have had a great day' team. That and some ancestors from Wesford. Scotland after them.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:13 pm

Scotland for me. Mostly down to the lovely ladies I met on tours as a young fella.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:18 pm

I'd like it if Ireland played both anthems away as well as home.

The ROI anthem is awesome (no offence to loyalists in the north).

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:20 pm

Wales, always good for a laugh.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

Now if we're talking songs. I'd have the Marseillaise evertime. Goosepimpley.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:23 pm

Scotland. Defo...

Ireland are dirty cheats, England are English (sort of), France and Italy are joint third.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:I'd like it if Ireland played both anthems away as well as home.

It was written in English, but we sing the version which was translated into Irish. The English lyrics are pretty epic alright!

Soldiers are we,
whose lives are pledged to Ireland,
Some have come
from a land beyond the wave,
Sworn to be free,
no more our ancient sireland,
Shall shelter the despot or the slave.
Tonight we man the "bearna baoil",
In Erin’s cause, come woe or weal,
’Mid cannon’s roar and rifles’ peal,
We’ll chant a soldier's song

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:29 pm

I always liked Italy as I've always give for the underdog but I love them since I went there on holiday so after Wales and Scotland its Italy.

Also I think they are developing a style that I'd like to see my own teams play.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:31 pm

Mickado wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:I'd like it if Ireland played both anthems away as well as home.

It was written in English, but we sing the version which was translated into Irish. The English lyrics are pretty epic alright!

Soldiers are we,
whose lives are pledged to Ireland,
Some have come
from a land beyond the wave,
Sworn to be free,
no more our ancient sireland,
Shall shelter the despot or the slave.
In Erin’s cause, come woe or weal,
’Mid cannon’s roar and rifles’ peal,
We’ll chant a soldier's song

I also get jealous of the little artificial triangular red carpet that you only see in Dublin!

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by peachbomb Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

As a Scottish girl with an Irish mum, it obviously has to be Ireland. Closely followed by Wales because the Welsh are great fun and some of the best rugby weekends I've had have been when the Welsh were up in Edinburgh!

peachbomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

Scotland and Italy. Underdogs. France, I love to watch when they're playing other teams. But how can an Irishman like them after all the misery they've heaped on us.

I like to see England and Wales lose. Because I see them as Ireland's closest rivals. I just don't like seeing my closest rivals win.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:27 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Whenever I watch a game with Wales in it they are always my second favourite team.
Laugh

Ah come on people. Someone vote for Wales ffs. They're not so bad. Can be a bit miserable at times, but they've good hearts.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

I was getting bored of seeing England as the team the rest of the world hated...

Step aside England, here comes Wales.

Can't blame people to be honest. Look how much of a joke we've become.

Wanna break into world top 3
On our day we can....
Fittest team at world cup
Poland... pah!
Rob Howley...
Samoa
Fiji
Heineken Cup

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Whenever I watch a game with Wales in it they are always my second favourite team.
Laugh

Ah come on people. Someone vote for Wales ffs. They're not so bad. Can be a bit miserable at times, but they've good hearts.

Perhaps this proves that for most people, regardless of their nationality, Wales is their favourite team Very Happy

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Fri 08 Feb 2013, 4:43 pm

Scotland, mainly as I live there now... Although it helps getting to know the Warriors boys as well and wanting to see them do well.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 08 Feb 2013, 5:06 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:
Mickado wrote:
I also get jealous of the little artificial triangular red carpet that you only see in Dublin!

The "bearna baoil" is "the gap of danger" Mix that with a triangular carpet and.....well......

OK just me then Whistle

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 08 Feb 2013, 5:30 pm

France for me. I can't speak a word of it, but i do love their style of play when they start to throw the ball about not many teams can live with them.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down