The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite game of the six nations?

+8
Collapse2005
Cyril
robbo277
tigertattie
Ricardo74
LordDowlais
Pete330v2
maestegmafia
12 posters

Go down

What is your favourite game of the six nations? Empty What is your favourite game of the six nations?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:32 am

What is your favourite clash? Doesn’t have to be due to rivallry sometimes it’s the location that you enjoy the most.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite game of the six nations? Empty Re: What is your favourite game of the six nations?

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:37 am

From a neutral point of view I love the Wales v England games. You always know there's going to be a true, full blooded battle.
It's a rivalry that has few rivals in world rugby.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite game of the six nations? Empty Re: What is your favourite game of the six nations?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:43 am

I have always enjoyed the trip to Murrayfield to watch wales and Scotland. Such a great city.

As an impartial I always enjoy the Calcutta Cup and le Crunch.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:47 am

My favourite game ever, was the game in Landsown Rd, I think it was 1994, it was my first ever proper lads rugby trip, Neil Jenkins scored all our points, and Eric Elwood missed a sitter, for him right at the end.

My favourite fixture now though, besides the games in Cardiff, is Scotland away. I always stay in Glasgow though, and catch a train to Edinburgh for the day, because there are too many people I know from my area in Edinburgh on international day when we are up there. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 12:55 pm

For reasons I outlined on the match thread, my favourite is always the England v Wales clash, regardless of where it is played.

That said, all the matches have such an intensity, such a passion, that it's difficult to pick one - but not impossible Smile

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 22 Feb 2019, 1:17 pm

I love watching all the games where two home nations are palying each other.

Sure I like watching France vs Wales/Ireland/England but I'm not overly bothered to be honest. There needs to be two sides to a story for it to be interesting. Its even better when the underdog on the day wins!

And just about any game against Italy is a bit meh
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 1:41 pm

The game involving England I look forward to the most varies. Used to be France, but that's fallen off a cliff. Normally look forward to Wales or Ireland the most in any given tournament before it starts.

2016 - Wales (world cup revenge)
2017 - Wales again (probably ran us closest in 2016, an away game, still not over the WC)
2018 - Ireland (because they naused up our chance of back-to-back Slams in 2017)
2019 - Ireland (because they beat us at home, had 2 wins on the trot against us and beat NZ

In terms of games not involving England, any game with Italy I can normally take or leave. You always want to watch in case they can pull of an upset, but if I have anything else on I would happily skip the Italy game on the game weekend.

I guess Ireland vs Wales and France vs Scotland are the interesting two at the moment, because the teams are quite evenly matched and they're the hard matches to call.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 22 Feb 2019, 2:55 pm

England vs Australia is probably the big one for me. Great rivalry, but we’ve certainly got the beating of them at the moment. It used to be the game against France too, but we’ve left them behind now.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo74 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 2:58 pm

Cyril wrote:England vs Australia is probably the big one for me. Great rivalry, but we’ve certainly got the beating of them at the moment. It used to be the game against France too, but we’ve left them behind now.

Yup, look forward to that one every year...

Ricardo74

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 22 Feb 2019, 3:52 pm

My favorite game used to be England v France in the 80s and early 90s. They were great to watch. Enjoyed Scotland games too. Since the last 90s its Ireland v England. It is the closest rivalry in 6 nations history and the two teams with the highest winning percentages. 11 wins each. 11-10 to Ireland in the six nations.

England fans travel well and I also enjoy a trip to London.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2019, 8:06 pm

Wales v England for me, no doubt. Whenever it’s played too. But at home is extra special. In my rugby watching lifetime Wales have usually lost but perhaps that’s what makes it so special as it’s such a hard thing to win (being born in the late 70s and watching Wales from the 90s onwards).

I’m always nervous for all of Wales games, more so for the 6N ones, and especially so for the England ones. It starts days before March day. I’ve had an anxious feeling and something in the pit of my stomach since Thursday this week! Always the same for England. I can feel my heart rate higher and general anxiety currently (just finished evening meal). Tomorrow I will be a bag of nerves until I head out and have the first few pints. My wife will complain that I’m ‘on edge’ and ‘climbing the walls’ and will be glad when I go out! Sad but true!

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:36 pm

It used to be Ireland v France... and to an extent, it probably still is as they always seem to be ruthlessly physical games and the French always seem to have enough to make our journey through them a very tough task indeed.
But I guess without question, the emotional game is v Wales. There is obviously the edge brought on by Pro14 over familiarity, but also of course there is the long term involvement of Warren Gatland who has created a long and rich history of rivalry with the lads that ousted him originally from the Irish job. Was it the biggest mistake the IRFU ever made? Well, every year we have a bloodthirsty no-quarter given game between the Irish and the Welsh to try to get to a conclusive answer. Third last game and last 6N game of this era coming to once again have a stab at answering the question.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:41 pm

For me the best game of the 6ns is Ireland v England.

Although i wanted them (England) to win. In all honesty never thought they would win.

Playing Ireland in Ireland thought Ireland would win comfortably.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 23 Feb 2019, 10:07 pm

Wales v Ireland is our biggest rivalry all day long. Even people who "don't care" about our pro team league, still find time in their day to talk about it. That says it all.

I tend to enjoy them more too. Wales v England is pretty good, but it will never beat the good old days where we could be chippy like we were with Phil Bennett's speech. Now the only ready made team talk we have is having a fair chance of payback, because budgets and referee bias shouldn't come into it, but our players should still feel wronged by it on the whole Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Sun 24 Feb 2019, 12:03 am

Wales rose Wales

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down