The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cian Healy - cited

+94
dragonbreath
JmD
Knackeredknees
100%beefy
R!skysports
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
rapidsnowman
rodders
Thomond
Toohey
Jimpy
yappysnap
A World Cup and 3 Finals
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
PJHolybloke
Standulstermen
ME-109
red_stag
The Great Aukster
The Boss
Taffineastbourne
gregortree
MacKnocked-on
belovedfrosties
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Glas a du
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mad for Chelsea
asoreleftshoulder
MunsterMac
RubyGuby
formerly known as Sam
aucklandlaurie
Portnoy's Complaint
Effervescing Elephant
gowershowerpower
aitchw
Bathman_in_London
nobbled
GunsGerms
captain carrantuohil
Barney McGrew did it
george doors
Mickado
Norfolklass
Biltong
doctor_grey
Notch
TJ1
reallybored
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Submachine
Morgannwg
Cyril
Gibson
lostinwales
neilthom7
fa0019
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
perand25
sausage1966
BigTrevsbigmac
HammerofThunor
Feckless Rogue
Alex_Germany
ultra
AlastairW
George Carlin
twoeightnine
SecretFly
ChequeredJersey
funnyExiledScot
nathan
Hound_of_Harrow
BlueNote
majesticimperialman
dummy_half
maestegmafia
UlstermaninGlasgow
glamorganalun
Mr Bounce
bluestonevedder
RuggerRadge2611
damage_13
thebluesmancometh
bedfordwelsh
John Cregan
little_badger
98 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 3 Empty Cian Healy - cited

Post by little_badger Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

In other news the Pope is a Catholic (for now at least).

Espnscrum has the hearing set for Wednesday. Predictions on a post card. He may well live to regret a few moments of madness.

little_badger

Back to top Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 3 Empty Re: Cian Healy - cited

Post by fa0019 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:09 pm

Do people who gouge intend to blind someone??? Probably not.

Is there a real threat that they may.... Yes.

Then that's how it should be and is treated. Say the receiver missed being blinded by millimetres.... If you don't punish as bad as someone who doesn't your almost saying its fine to gouge...as long as you don't do permanent damage.

Think like that and gouging and foul play of similar grouping will steadily increase.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:View, any shreds of respect I might ever have had for you as a person are now irreparably consigned to the bonfire of my contempt for the kind of person who might make that sort of comment in jest or in sincerity. There's playing a tough sport and there's acts of brutality that never were and never will be acceptable. Deliberate stamping on a joint will cause damage rather than pain and is absolutely unnaceptable. That doesn't make Healy a bad person. But condoning it is a lot worse

Now now. I seem to remember HERSH making such comments after Hore's cowardly strike at Davies. Something he and GG were banned for. But since then you've all been calling for his ban to be lifted. Do you just condone these sorta comments from anyone not Welsh?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

OK, just reading back a bit here this is not gonna be a popular view (is there one) but.... there is absolutely no intention to inflict injury in this incident. Yes it's a stamp as he used his foot, but if you look at the replay especially the last angle from Healy's right, he does not put any weight on his leg.
To get any power into it he would have to get his weight over his foot. He didn't. He extends his left leg and sort of swats Coles leg down. It certainly would have been painful and may have caused some bruising but could never have resulted in serious injury. The fact that he rushed in at speed makes it look a lot worse also.
Silly boy for being so blatant. Merits a short ban but in no way meant to injure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teqizuet-ck

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

MrsP wrote:Stamping on a joint is dangerous and wrong and must be punished but I think we do need to be careful when bandying about the phrase "career threatening injury" in relation to this incident.

I have seen several folk refer to Cole's injury and several call that injury "career threatening".

I just wanted to check that my memory of the game wasn't inaccurate.

It was ' potentially career threatening' that is the point. Cole was lucky & so therefor was Healy.

Last edited by BigTrevsbigmac on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

sausage1966 wrote:maestegmafia - For heavens sake - Its not about the incident - its about the sentiment of an idiot comment. I have NEVER judged the incident or the man - I just object to anyone who condones violence.

Yes so do I. You can read that several times in my responses to your posts.

maestegmafia wrote:
I dont advocate the views you are replying to and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

maestegmafia wrote:I said I did not advocate the views stated, and as i said above I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment that no one can or should ever condone or encourage violence in the sport in any shape or form.

But I also think that you can be realistic about the situation. And if you intend to be realistic rather than sensationalistic do so...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

viewtothegym wrote:
sausage1966 wrote:You should be banned from any decent rugby site for your disgraceful comments. Healy hasn't been found guilty. To suggest that such actions are ever acceptable is detestable to anyone who has ever played rugby. I don't care if I get banned from this site for LIFE - you, Sir are a KNOB
But it's acceptable to throw personal abuse at me from your keyboard? sausage just because you are balding and the missus left you don't come around me talking big.
Just because you met Simon Shaw don't mean your opinion is any better than mine.

Laugh Come on View, sausage is over that now. He did have nottins to take him out afterall.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3zr2HJv6BE

I'll say no more

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:17 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
MrsP wrote:Stamping on a joint is dangerous and wrong and must be punished but I think we do need to be careful when bandying about the phrase "career threatening injury" in relation to this incident.

I have seen several folk refer to Cole's injury and several call that injury "career threatening".

It was ' potentially career threatening' that is the point. Cole was lucky & so therefor was Healy.

True but the way some people said it made it sound like it had happened so I can understand Mrs P confussion also I would like to point out that just about every ruck, scrum and hit in rugby is potentially career threatening. I am not condoning what Healy did he should and will be banned for it but some people are over reacting and actually slandering him as a person. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

There is no doubt that stamping on an ankle could produce a career threatening injury. I was just concerned that everyone seemed to be talking about Cole being injured when I wasn't aware that he had been.

Ever since John Inverdale used the expression there seems to have been some acceptance that there was an injury.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

MrsP - Your memory of the game is spot on. Intent and outcome are not always linked. I intending to smack a second row once, but missed and took out my scrum half. That was bad luck. It doesn't make it right - that's all

Rugby is a massively physical game. Healy didn't cause injury - but his actions could have done so. Forget the result - was that action acceptable? Was it within the laws or was it tainted by intent? It COULD have caused serious injury. I suspect Cian is sincerely sorry and I accept that. He has a good record.

My point was that anyone who CONDONES such action and suggests 'doing damage' is admirable is an idiot.

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3zr2HJv6BE

I'll say no more

Comparing Apples and Oranges there mate. Standing leg, ouch.

Last edited by Submachine on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm

I'm not sure what Cole being injured or not has to do with anything, other than the fact that we're (almost) all glad that he was wasn't seriously hurt.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:22 pm

maestegmafia - we agree. It had to happen Smile

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

sausage1966 wrote: MrsP - Your memory of the game is spot on. Intent and outcome are not always linked. I intending to smack a second row once, but missed and took out my scrum half. That was bad luck. It doesn't make it right - that's all

Rugby is a massively physical game. Healy didn't cause injury - but his actions could have done so. Forget the result - was that action acceptable? Was it within the laws or was it tainted by intent? It COULD have caused serious injury. I suspect Cian is sincerely sorry and I accept that. He has a good record.

My point was that anyone who CONDONES such action and suggests 'doing damage' is admirable is an idiot.

Everybody gets that. we got it half a page ago.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

sausage1966 wrote: MrsP - Your memory of the game is spot on. Intent and outcome are not always linked. I intending to smack a second row once, but missed and took out my scrum half. That was bad luck. It doesn't make it right - that's all

Fair play I have never intended to smack any second rows I have seen lol I am ignoring what view said because it is just plain stupid and he is probably ttempting to wind people up.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:I'm not sure what Cole being injured or not has to do with anything, other than the fact that we're (almost) all glad that he was wasn't seriously hurt.
OK

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:26 pm

neilthom7 wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

True but the way some people said it made it sound like it had happened so I can understand Mrs P confussion also I would like to point out that just about every ruck, scrum and hit in rugby is potentially career threatening. I am not condoning what Healy did he should and will be banned for it but some people are over reacting and actually slandering him as a person. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Agreed. Healy is probably a decent bloke on a personal level I'm sure but he could easily have ended a fellow professionals career through a very wreckless act ( given the benefit of doubt?) which had nothing to do with rugby. Healy is the only one who knows if there was intent to injure but looking at the incident coolly it is pretty much indefensible.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by perand25 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:27 pm

Healy was stupid and deserves to be punished , but to be fair to him there are probably only a few Forwards that have not dished out a few cheap shots in their careers , knees in the back , elbows to faces etc and all can be potentially injuring .
I would imagine a lot still goes unseen in rucks even with the extended amount of tv cameras

perand25

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Agreed. Healy is probably a decent bloke on a personal level I'm sure but he could easily have ended a fellow professionals career through a very wreckless act ( given the benefit of doubt?) which had nothing to do with rugby. Healy is the only one who knows if there was intent to injure but looking at the incident coolly it is pretty much indefensible.

Not blameless but certainly defensible to the degree of over reaction on here. I posted link above. Have a look.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:31 pm

Absolutely agree that the outcome injury wise should not be used to assess guilt or innocence (nor should intent) but I think we need to be careful when discussing this injury that Cole is, by some, said to have suffered.

It seems to have become accepted that there was an injury.

Could it be that there was nowhere near the level of violence involved in the incident as some on here are suggesting and that rather than pure luck is why there was no injury?

Just a thought.

To be clear. Stamping on a joint is never acceptable, and I am in no way condoning or excusing Healy's actions but some of the things written here are just beyond the pale.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:33 pm

Healy was out of order, no doubt. He has been cited, and he will deserve whatever the citing commission deem just punishment.
All this talk of 'career threatening injury' is pure hyperbole though. If Healy intended a career threatening injury then Cole would have been carried off the pitch. Not remain there for near the full match. It's that simple.
Please don't think I'm making excuses for Healy. I'm not. It's just that some seem to have lost perspective here.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm

Mrs P and Munchkin

I and many many others agree with you completely. Well said.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:39 pm

Submachine wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Not blameless but certainly defensible to the degree of over reaction on here. I posted link above. Have a look.

Well I would confidently predict he will plead guilty. Defensible & mitigation are different & I have no doubt Mr Healy's lawyers will assure the panel there was no intent.
Could he be so sure their would not be serious injury going in at that speed? reckless at least & could have caused serious damage IMO. Glad for both men it didn't. thumbsup

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:42 pm

Best comment regarding lack of injury "Glad for both men it didn't."

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm

Indeed Sausage.

But much more glad for Cole I have to say.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:20 pm

Viewto the gym - "just my opinion on loving the violent side of the sport"

As I said - Idiot

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:22 pm

So lets get this straight, if no one agrees with sausage1966 they are an IDIOT! period.
Then if they disagree with him twice he pulls out a sad story in the vain hope you back down.

Then a poster called artfuldodger think my days are numbered,as he said before on another thread.
Did you? who are you? have we ever interacted before?does my having an opinion bother you that much?

Then some other poster pulls the View thinks he is tough,obviously hiding insecurities line.Really? we going down that road?
Im not tough,i have hair and no tattoos! i can look after my self im a capable man and i know my limits,but i also love the violent side of the sport,i hate savage violence,cruel violence but i love competitive people.
Cole is big enough to take it,he knew full well he was in the way and actions have consequences,just like Healy's actions will.

But to be fair the witch hunt and the moral high ground most are taking on the matter is nauseating.

Rugby player lashes out on another rugby player shocker!!!
Get over yourselves please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm

Laugh Nottins,now that was one weird man,just didn't get him.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm

sausage1966 wrote:Viewto the gym - "just my opinion on loving the violent side of the sport"

As I said - Idiot

You made your point about an hour ago...

Can you leave it and discuss rugby, and not your opinions on other posters?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:27 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
MrsP wrote:So, to be clear here, was Cole injured by the stamp?

No...!

Cole went off in the 76th minute.

Can anyone remind me at what point ferris went off for the injury to his finger he showed the ref last year?

Cole may have been injured, but not seriously enough to cause him to leave the field. Who knows maybe he'll die tomorrow from internal bleeding then youll all feel like silly moos wont you.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:28 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
MrsP wrote:So, to be clear here, was Cole injured by the stamp?

No...!

Cole went off in the 76th minute.

Can anyone remind me at what point ferris went off for the injury to his finger he showed the ref last year?

Cole may have been injured, but not seriously enough to cause him to leave the field. Who knows maybe he'll die tomorrow from internal bleeding then youll all feel like silly moos wont you.

Are you actually serious?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:31 pm

Why so personal sausage1966?
My opinion challenge you that much you must resort to personal insults?

I have said it before it my personal opinion,it doesn't make it right or wrong just some guy at home chilling and typing.

You mock me for liking violence,but your the one who expresses more venom!
Worrying trait if you ask me! what lurking in your consciousness?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:34 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:View, any shreds of respect I might ever have had for you as a person are now irreparably consigned to the bonfire of my contempt for the kind of person who might make that sort of comment in jest or in sincerity. There's playing a tough sport and there's acts of brutality that never were and never will be acceptable. Deliberate stamping on a joint will cause damage rather than pain and is absolutely unnaceptable. That doesn't make Healy a bad person. But condoning it is a lot worse

Now now. I seem to remember HERSH making such comments after Hore's cowardly strike at Davies. Something he and GG were banned for. But since then you've all been calling for his ban to be lifted. Do you just condone these sorta comments from anyone not Welsh?

I cannot remember seeing that thread and if I had I would have condemned Hersh or kept my mouth shut. I also did not request or suggest that view be banned, such would be ridiculous, I merely couldn't refrain from venting some of my contempt, partially as catharsis and partially in the vain hope that he might realise how childish and stupid and mean, in the true sense, what he stated was. I have also never suggested that hersh should be reinstated, nor would I. I have not condemned Healy's character, as in the heat of the moment we all do rash, stupid and sometimes wicked things. But inciting violence and malevolence through a keyboard in cold blood, whether due to an attempt to WUM or through genuine, pointless and inexplicable hatred of a player/club/nation, is deplorable and should highlighted as such. My rant is over, I have blocked view as if this is the kind of opinion he has about the game I love and about the way one should and can conduct oneself on a pitch or on a forum, I have no interest in anything he has the capacity to say
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:37 pm

CJ, safe OK
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:40 pm

Was it foul play, yes.

Did he deserve a yellow card, probably.

Was it the worst thing i've seen on a rugby pitch, no. (Callum Clark has that honour)

It was a rush of blood to the head, he saw an English sock near the ball and decided to move it. I don't think for one second that he had any intention to break the players ankle, just give them a painful reminder not to put their feet near the ball.

He was obviously incredibly fired up, and the cheap shot on Farrell was testament to that, but Farrell could probably take it as a compliment to the way he was playing. Other than those two moments he was fantastic, possibly the best loose-head in the world on current form and I can't wait to see him take that aggression to Australia for the Lions.

Saying that, as a Scot I wouldn't mind seeing him get a couples weeks on the naughty step, especially as Murray will be on God's step.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:42 pm

reallybored wrote:Was it foul play, yes.

Was it the worst thing i've seen on a rugby pitch, no. (Callum Clark has that honour)

It was a rush of blood to the head, he saw an English sock near the ball and decided to move it. I don't think for one second that he had any intention to break the players ankle, just give them a painful reminder not to put their feet near the ball.

He was obviously incredibly fired up, and the cheap shot on Farrell was testament to that, but Farrell could probably take it as a compliment to the way he was playing. Other than those two moments he was fantastic, possibly the best loose-head in the world on current form and I can't wait to see him take that aggression to Australia for the Lions.

Saying that, as a Scot I wouldn't mind seeing him get a couples weeks on the naughty step, especially as Murray will be on God's step.
clap

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:44 pm

TJ wrote:

clap

Aye... Like the Murray quip very funny

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:50 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
TJ wrote:

clap

Aye... Like the Murray quip very funny

It's a great post, bar the bit where he says he wouldn't mind Healy taking that aggression to Australia. That aggression (though not the norm) is exactly why he is in a bit of trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:55 pm

I suspect we'd all like to see him take that aggression to Australia- if he can focus it in the right manner.

He lost his head against England. He maybe should have even been subbed sooner, as he was a liability- a card waiting to happen. This is out of character for Healy I must say. I've never seen him as a dirty player before, he's never been a cheap shot merchant. I hope he's not developing a taste for it. Last thing we need is Irelands answer to Dylan Hartley.

Back to your normal levels of controlled aggression next time you pull on the jersey young Cian OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:57 pm

Who is the ex springbok Sky use sometimes?
His name has completely escaped me.

My point is on a pre match analysis this season he was showing how to rough up a team,
showing a choke tackle then he said "look,ribs exposed,attack them" "Make him think twice next time"
Then Will Greenwood stood there an agreed with him.

He was encouraging malicious play,intent to harm, a big lad could puncher lungs/break ribs doing this,
but it was identified as fair game,just like i think someone lying in the way is fair game.

If people don't like it then maybe they should watch table tennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:58 pm

Well that's basically what I'm on about. I'd rather him take his aggression he showed v Wales to Australia. Then he'll be an asset and as good as a cert for the Lions loosehead position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:59 pm

Obviously that last post of mine is in response to Notch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7AiDjPjsU

Thug or passionate?

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:22 am

MrsP wrote:Absolutely agree that the outcome injury wise should not be used to assess guilt or innocence (nor should intent) but I think we need to be careful when discussing this injury that Cole is, by some, said to have suffered.

It seems to have become accepted that there was an injury.

Could it be that there was nowhere near the level of violence involved in the incident as some on here are suggesting and that rather than pure luck is why there was no injury?

Just a thought.

To be clear. Stamping on a joint is never acceptable, and I am in no way condoning or excusing Healy's actions but some of the things written here are just beyond the pale.
In general, the outcome of an offense should not be used to determine whether a player actually did something or not. Either something happened, or it did not. And then punishment should be meted out.

The comments about being potentially career-ending are extremely evocative and excessive. In my opinion, they actually detract from sound discussion about the incident.

The other comment I saw somewhere was about 'intent'. Clearly Healy was full of intent to run a few steps forward and tromp on Cole's leg when Cole was on the ground. The question about the intent or intended results of his action is known only to Healy (cause pain? Worse?). Which is why we need to deal with what we saw and not read anything else into it which may or may not be there.

Regarding the actual incident itself, I suppose my concern is these kinds of things happen and, to me, in general the punishments are too light. The baseline of a few weeks seems to be the norm, but I don't see that as severe enough to make more players think twice. We can't change the lengths of punishments in mid-season. But starting next season I would like to see severity of punishments go up.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:39 am

Cole was Healy's scrum opponent, Cole was looking strong in the scrums, it was an opportunity for Healy do lessen the effect of Cole in the scrum.

The stomp was downward and Healy had intent, whether Cole is in an offside position or not, it is an illegal action by Healy.

If you want to make a statement to the referee, then drag Cole out by the shoelaces like a rag doll.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:37 am

Very cynical view there Biltong...!

I don't think thats quite how lads are not taught to play rugby in Ireland.

Healy and O'Mahony entered the ruck aiming to stop Cole, who was on the wrong side of the ruck, from obstructing quick ball.

Healy stamps on Coles lower leg, but didn't jump on it, at 112kgs Healy could have broken Coles leg. He didn't, because that was unlikely his aim. Quick ball being the key aim it meant that dragging Cole out of the way was not an option.

He is not a cynical, violent player and has no reputation as such.

The incident is worthy of review by the citing commissioner. But this is not like Andrew Hore's flailing knock out arm, or Schaulk Burgers optometry lessons on Fitzgerald.

I am sure Healy will admit guilt and take a week or too to reflect his actions and I hope very much that the cynicism you imply was not apparent.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:40 am

maestegmafia wrote:Very cynical view there Biltong...!

Healy and O'Mahony entered the ruck aiming to stop Cole, who was on the wrong side of the ruck, from obstructing quick ball.

Healy stamps on Coles lower leg, but didn't jump on it, at 112kgs Healy could have broken Coles leg. He didn't, because that was unlikely his aim. Quick ball being the key aim it meant that dragging Cole out of the way was not an option.

The incident is worthy of review by the citing commissioner. But this is not like Andrew Hore's flailing knock out arm, or Schaulk Burgers optometry lessons on Fitzgerald.

I am sure Healy will admit guilt and take a week or too to reflect his actions and I hope very much that the cynicism you imply was not apparent.
maes, that doesn't add up tho - the bell was available from Best's hands higher up, in no way was Cole obstructing its release?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:52 am

"Healy stamps on Coles lower leg, but didn't jump on it, at 112kgs Healy could have broken Coles leg. He didn't, because that was unlikely his aim."

That was good of him. picard

Maes - you're a great read, but that's just not a sustainable position. It doesn't work in a court of law, either.

If you stamp on someone's leg, whether it breaks or not is sheer bluddy luck and nothing else. You cannot judge an act by how much damage it actually caused.

Healy got a touch of the red mist and could have seriously injured a player. That's the end of it and if Healy is smart (which he is, actually, having heard him interviews) he'll apologise to Cole personally and publicly and profess that it won't ever happen again.

Nobody is suggesting he has the same problems that Hartley has had (27 weeks for gouging, 8 weeks for biting, 2 weeks for fighting, numerous other infringements) but we really have to stop trying to defend Healy. It's not defensible.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:09 am

Gibson wrote:

CJ, as per, shows his class.

As for Healey , it was a moment of madness. He's not a dirty player. Hes young, sometimes impetuous when wound up. Weren't ye as a player in your day? Be honest.

I know Healy through my nephew. They went to school together. He's a hard basterd on the pitch. Soft off it. He's a good man. Not a nasty man, like some of the posters on here.

It was a moment fueled by other moments preceding it. Not an excuse, just some reality.

Some of ye on here, lookin fer a hangin, spouting venimous vitriol, say more about yourselves, as players and as humans - than the foul act itself. It is interesting to say the least. Interesting what it brings out in people.

Its SUN reader level. For shame.

THINK.

Surely the most hypocritical post ever made. Try reading your own lonely drunken rants Gibson.#bipolar

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Feb 2013, 7:50 am

maestegmafia wrote:Very cynical view there Biltong...!

Not that cynical mate. Cole was getting the upper hand, and a little cramp on the ankle or calf would have done very nicely. I think Healy is a very good prop, probably one of the top 3 looseheads in world rugby, some suggested the rake was not downwards, I beg to differ, his intent was not to maim Cole, but certainly to cause discomfort.

I doubt he'll get a lengthy ban though, it is not near the face, which is the prmiary area of protection for the IRB.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next