The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cian Healy - cited

+94
dragonbreath
JmD
Knackeredknees
100%beefy
R!skysports
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
rapidsnowman
rodders
Thomond
Toohey
Jimpy
yappysnap
A World Cup and 3 Finals
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
PJHolybloke
Standulstermen
ME-109
red_stag
The Great Aukster
The Boss
Taffineastbourne
gregortree
MacKnocked-on
belovedfrosties
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Glas a du
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mad for Chelsea
asoreleftshoulder
MunsterMac
RubyGuby
formerly known as Sam
aucklandlaurie
Portnoy's Complaint
Effervescing Elephant
gowershowerpower
aitchw
Bathman_in_London
nobbled
GunsGerms
captain carrantuohil
Barney McGrew did it
george doors
Mickado
Norfolklass
Biltong
doctor_grey
Notch
TJ1
reallybored
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Submachine
Morgannwg
Cyril
Gibson
lostinwales
neilthom7
fa0019
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
perand25
sausage1966
BigTrevsbigmac
HammerofThunor
Feckless Rogue
Alex_Germany
ultra
AlastairW
George Carlin
twoeightnine
SecretFly
ChequeredJersey
funnyExiledScot
nathan
Hound_of_Harrow
BlueNote
majesticimperialman
dummy_half
maestegmafia
UlstermaninGlasgow
glamorganalun
Mr Bounce
bluestonevedder
RuggerRadge2611
damage_13
thebluesmancometh
bedfordwelsh
John Cregan
little_badger
98 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 2 Empty Cian Healy - cited

Post by little_badger Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

In other news the Pope is a Catholic (for now at least).

Espnscrum has the hearing set for Wednesday. Predictions on a post card. He may well live to regret a few moments of madness.

little_badger

Back to top Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 2 Empty Re: Cian Healy - cited

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

nathan

How long are you suggesting, I'd have thought 4 weeks suitable.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=HgF_jfNnBlo

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:14 pm

View

Clark got 6 months + didn't he? Doesn't that go against your argument?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:14 pm

Breaking arms of defenceless, prone fellow pro = cowardly and unacceptable
Aiming to break the shin/ankle of a guy laying on hie back is exactly the same. Stick to punching drunks of a weekend and leave the rugby to the grown ups...Nothing to do with nationality at all.

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:32 pm

How K Wood could say it was not that bad (a yellow at the most) as he did not stamp down but forward is a joke he should not be employed by the BBC after that comment, the guy is an idiot he should open the other eye. The intent was clear to see i.e., to cause as much damage as possible, this is professional sport the victim could lose his livelihood.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:36 pm

Yep he got a very long ban, which Healy probably will, im just showing an example that was defended by many because it happened in the Aviva Prem.

Like most things in life people are unbelievably hypocritical and so selective on what offends and what doesn't also what is right and what is wrong!
99% of the time it will come down to if your face fits on the outcome of peoples judgement not what they have done.

Some players who have done a lot worse than what Healy did,some would do it week in week out are called legendary because the majority deem it so.

Just sick of people and the BS that comes with them on their high horses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:Healy has cut out all the silly petulance that blighted his early career. Hasn't been in trouble for a few years. It's not to say it wasn't a bad stamp, it was, but he's not a dirty player. Got caught up in the moment of madness.

As for the maul incident, I don't think that has anything to do with this. Healy was obviously reacting to Tom Youngs entry into the ruck like Bernard Jackman vs Wales. Trying to hook his arm under Youngs, which looked like a punch. Don't see much in it.

10.4(b) Stamping on an Opponent
LE – 2 weeks
MR – 5 weeks
TE – 9+ weeks

Expect mid range and half reduction for guilty plea and good record. Therefore 2-3 week ban.

In judging a "good record", will they take into account his other actions in this game - as mentioned?

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Yep he got a very long ban, which Healy probably will, im just showing an example that was defended by many because it happened in the Aviva Prem.

Like most things in life people are unbelievably hypocritical and so selective on what offends and what doesn't also what is right and what is wrong!
99% of the time it will come down to if your face fits on the outcome of peoples judgement not what they have done.

Some players who have done a lot worse than what Healy did,some would do it week in week out are called legendary because the majority deem it so.

Just sick of people and the BS that comes with them on their high horses.

hmmm, i don't think anyone stuck up for him and if they did i think you'll find it was the non English nations folk who hate Ashton. Healy won't get a long ban, i don't think he deserves that. Perhaps 4 - 6 weeks.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:55 pm

Quite simply, Clarke was not 'defended by many'. One or two one eyed Saints fans maybe, but on their fan forum there was mass condemnation.

Far fewer trying to defend Clarke, than have defended other offences (e.g. Andrew Hore).

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:55 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:nathan

sorry, yeah 4 - 6 weeks i'd go for.

I really do wish they would change it to games missed instead. It would make things a lot fairer.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

viewtothegym wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmMK76xARo

are you saying that people were chest pumping and saying how hard the aviva was because of the clarke incident?

If so your making Poopie up.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:00 pm

He should be sent to Guantanamo Bay. And send Keith Wood too just to be safe.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:He should be sent to Guantanamo Bay. And send Keith Wood too just to be safe.

nah, Tower of London Very Happy

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm

American Special Forces Interrogator: "Name, Rank and Purpose of Living, Wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wood: "........................................................................................................................................................"

Interrogator to an Assitant: "You get that?"

Assistant: Got it all on the Bat Sonar Detector, Sir. I can confirm he did say something.... that is a go.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

nathan wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:nathan

sorry, yeah 4 - 6 weeks i'd go for.

I really do wish they would change it to games missed instead. It would make things a lot fairer.

I think anything less than 6 weeks and he would be lucky but I agree that it should be games not weeks.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:17 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:He should be sent to Guantanamo Bay. And send Keith Wood too just to be safe.
Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm

To me the bare bones of the matter seems to be a chubby English player who gets a ridiculous amount of praise from the Sky team and English media got beat in the scrum by Healy and a stamping for cynical play.

It's just plain favoritism,as i alluded to early if he did that to McCaw or Poccock he would be patted on the back by you lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:22 pm

Middle range is 5 weeks. Therefore I'd expect him to get that.

It's not a top end sanction as he didn't aim to injure and there was no damage to Cole. So I'd expect him to get that and if he pleads guilty, and the fact that he's got a clean disciplinary record from 2010 he should get a reduction in his ban. So looking at somewhere between 2 and 5 weeks.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

viewtothegym wrote:To me the bare bones of the matter seems to be a chubby English player who gets a ridiculous amount of praise from the Sky team and English media got beat in the scrum by Healy and a stamping for cynical play.

It's just plain favoritism,as i alluded to early if he did that to McCaw or Poccock he would be patted on the back by you lot.

ahhhh so we're now getting to the root of your problem. It's the fact your dislike Cole as a player. Can i ask why, is it because he's a Tigers player? laughing

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:26 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:Middle range is 5 weeks. Therefore I'd expect him to get that.

It's not a top end sanction as he didn't aim to injure and there was no damage to Cole. So I'd expect him to get that and if he pleads guilty, and the fact that he's got a clean disciplinary record from 2010 he should get a reduction in his ban. So looking at somewhere between 2 and 5 weeks.

+1

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

nathan wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:To me the bare bones of the matter seems to be a chubby English player who gets a ridiculous amount of praise from the Sky team and English media got beat in the scrum by Healy and a stamping for cynical play.

ahhhh so we're now getting to the root of your problem. It's the fact your dislike Cole as a player. Can i ask why, is it because he's a Tigers player? laughing

Just to make point that view was for Hore just getting a couple of weeks for striking Davies. He's not saying it because Cole's English. Whether you agreed with him or not is another matter.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

No he wouldn't. Maybe by you but not by me

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

I find it incredible that anyone can come to the conclusion that Healy did not aim to injure Cole.
Because Cole managed to continue playing despite appearing in pain after the incident does not mean that Healy did not intend to injure him.

Healy clearly knew what he was doing as he was looking down to where his foot was stamping and he did it at pace so it was wreckless at the very least & he could clearly have caused more damage than was apparently caused.

The incident was a maul not a ruck and his actions were indefensible. He should miss all the games in the 6Ns as bare minimum for potentially ending a fellow professionals career.
Keith Wood comments were embarrassing & I think he even realised that after he had said them.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

Nothing to do with Cole as a person,as mentioned i thought he whole Andrew Hore business was blown well out of proportion.
I just think the IRB should focus on the more pressing issues of the game,skwint feeds in the scrum,refs calling back tap and goes because the mark was a millimeter to the left but them allow the 10 to kick for touch whilst running four meters forward past the mark to power his kick picard,
over use of the yellow card, which i think shows the ref has lost control of the game,fr example yellow carding players for collapsing the scrum on the half way line!! scrumV yes bring out the yellow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:00 pm

Also may i add Healy and Cole would have had a drink together in the Post Match dinner.

Back to top Go down

Cian Healy - cited - Page 2 Empty IDIOT

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

[quote="viewtothegym"]Personally i loved the stamp, nice to see a player pumped up and out to do some damage.
Fatty Dan Cole should have moved! let it happen fat props lying on the wrong side of the ruck is a pathetic site and a site the paying fans don't want to see,they come to watch a contact sport, they want to see players scrumage and drive the ball forward, tactical kicking,offloads, tries and most defiantly not clinically obese ginger English man lie all over the ball.

Healy should be applauded for bring back some balls to our sport, without players stepping up you will end up with teams content on spoiling ball and winning games by landing a few penalty kicks and not really having to do much for it.[/quote]

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

You should be banned from any decent rugby site for your disgraceful comments. Healy hasn't been found guilty. To suggest that such actions are ever acceptable is detestable to anyone who has ever played rugby. I don't care if I get banned from this site for LIFE - you, Sir are a KNOB

Last edited by sausage1966 on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error)

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by perand25 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:18 pm

I have to agree with Sausage there . I certainly would not give View the satisfaction of reacting to his inane comments

perand25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:21 pm

sausage1966 wrote:You should be banned from any decent rugby site for your disgraceful comments. Healy hasn't been found guilty. To suggest that such actions are ever acceptable is detestable to anyone who has ever played rugby. I don't care if I get banned from this site for LIFE - you, Sir are a KNOB
But it's acceptable to throw personal abuse at me from your keyboard? sausage just because you are balding and the missus left you don't come around me talking big.
Just because you met Simon Shaw don't mean your opinion is any better than mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

Anyone who advocate violence is a moron. I won't prejudge Healy - that's for the citing commissioner and the panel. I object to the principle that its OK to inflict a career threatening injury for being in the wrong place. I may be balding - my wife may have left me - but the options have proved so much more enjoyable, younger and cheaper to feed.

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

view - I told you on another thread that your time is running out on this board, I'll reiterate that again now. You won't be here much longer.....

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:35 pm

sausage1966 wrote:career threatening injury

Wow this is getting out of hand, Healy stamped on Cole's foot. Cole didn't even go off injured. Healy has no reputation as a dirty player.

This is in no way whatsoever a career threatening incident for anyone, even Healy.

I dont advocate the views you are replying to and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. But seriously get some perspective.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:36 pm

Well said. I LOVE my sport - I played for 25 years and now coach - I find this utterly abhorrent. My 15yr son was in hospital yesterday after a gauging incident - burst blood vessel and bruised eyeball. He was offside. Is such behavior justified??

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:37 pm

Personally i loved the stamp, nice to see a player pumped up and out to do some damage.

Enough said MORON

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:42 pm

For the avoidance of doubt - "AND OUT DO SOME DAMAGE"

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

Sausage,

Terrible news about your son getting gouged. I hope all is well.

You mentioned a "career threatening injury" with regard to Cole.

I didn't realise he had been injured.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:48 pm

maestegmafia - I meant 'potential' - If that stamp had resulted in a break - would it have been OK? No - of course not - no one wants that.

I dont condemn Healy - he is a decent bloke and I am NOT judging him. I do object to that insane comment that its good to 'do some damage'

Surely you cant condone that??

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:49 pm

View , if you think what Healy did was bring back balls into our sport then you are delusional. It was cowardly, stamping on a man on the floor for no reason on his ankle.

If that is your sport then your sport is not rugby.

Rugby is a tough mans sport but tough as in hits.... If you want your idea of thuggery I'd suggest you watch wwe wrestling and sports entertainment.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:50 pm

Ok everyone just calm down a bit Healy did something that was uncondonable in the heat of the moment on the pitch. We don't know why as we aren't him maybe he saw something he didn't like, maybe he ust wanted to injure Cole we will never know so we cannot judge in that. Lets face it too in the heat of the moment things can get carried away especially in a young man like Healy. Whatever happens to healy from the IRB will be deserved and he should get a reasonable length ban and hopefully he will learn from this as he had stopped a lot of the petulance that he had in his early career. As for Ireland we will be fine without him Court is a better scrumager if you want to go that way and Kilcoyne is very mobile if you want to go that way. Lets just be glad Cole wasn't seriously hurt but lets not pretend that we haven't seen lots of thngs as bad and worse than this either and lets not just hang Cian out to dry as some evil man who tarnished rugby on his own. Lets be sensible about this and be thankful no injury was occurred and that Healy will be banned.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:51 pm

November 1993 a young (irish) scrum half playing for England has a terrific debut against New Zealand. Some idiot called Jamie Joseph stamps on his ankle, causing to be out injured for 3 months and leaving a permanent weakness.

Thats what I thought about when I saw what happened. Assuming Cole wasnt too badly hurt then he has been lucky. It was reckless and stupid and its likely that Healy, a wonderfully powerful and effective prop, will never do it again - but he does need to pay the price now

There are some around here who obviously think that that is an OK part of the game

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:54 pm

He wasn't but it wasn't for the lack of trying. Don't think this view fella's ever played to any sort of standard.........probably just a lumbering goon going round trying to act hard to hide his hidden 'issues'

5 weeks for the intent I think. Cole was lucky not to be hurt.

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:55 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:View, any shreds of respect I might ever have had for you as a person are now irreparably consigned to the bonfire of my contempt for the kind of person who might make that sort of comment in jest or in sincerity. There's playing a tough sport and there's acts of brutality that never were and never will be acceptable. Deliberate stamping on a joint will cause damage rather than pain and is absolutely unnaceptable. That doesn't make Healy a bad person. But condoning it is a lot worse

CJ, as per, shows his class.

As for Healey , it was a moment of madness. He's not a dirty player. Hes young, sometimes impetuous when wound up. Weren't ye as a player in your day? Be honest.

I know Healy through my nephew. They went to school together. He's a hard basterd on the pitch. Soft off it. He's a good man. Not a nasty man, like some of the posters on here.

It was a moment fueled by other moments preceding it. Not an excuse, just some reality.

Some of ye on here, lookin fer a hangin, spouting venimous vitriol, say more about yourselves, as players and as humans - than the foul act itself. It is interesting to say the least. Interesting what it brings out in people.

Its SUN reader level. For shame.

THINK.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:57 pm

sausage1966 wrote: maestegmafia - I meant 'potential' - If that stamp had resulted in a break - would it have been OK? No - of course not - no one wants that.

I dont condemn Healy - he is a decent bloke and I am NOT judging him. I do object to that insane comment that its good to 'do some damage'

Surely you cant condone that??

If you mean potential, then say it...! You didn't. A bit like when you accused welsh rugby fans of being like a Nazi rally...!

I said I did not advocate the views stated, and as i said above I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment that no one can or should ever condone or encourage violence in the sport in any shape or form.

But I also think that you can be realistic about the situation. And if you intend to be realistic rather than sensationalistic do so...!

If your intentions are right you can easily edit your comment to amend the difference between what you intended to say and what you actually wrote.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:57 pm

Healy made a wild stamp and hit cole in the ankle... Maradona was out of football for a similar injury for 2 years.

It was luck that it wasn't more serious.

It was a career threatening stamp in that Healy had no control on whether it could have ended up that way, he can't control exactly where his studs land or pinpoint to the millimetre on which bone not to smash.

It's not in the same league as Clark intentionally trying to tear some guys arm off but it could have been very serious and should be seen in that manner.

I hope gatland is frank with him and tells him, he has to sort out his own game else he can book his own holiday for the summer. If he can't control himself he is as welcome on the lions tour as view is to these boards.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

I don't condemn Healy - I am sure he is a good chap and it was a red mist moment out of character in a great career. I just object to the idiot comment condoning it as something to admire, I am certain Healy regrets it IF there was intent. But to suggest its something to be admired in the cold light of day is simply WRONG

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:00 pm

So, to be clear here, was Cole injured by the stamp?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

MrsP wrote:So, to be clear here, was Cole injured by the stamp?

No...!

Cole went off in the 76th minute.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:03 pm

Whether Cole was injured or not is immaterial (except to Cole's ankle of course).

It's saddening to see the comments made by posters such as View and maestegmafia. Show some class, both of you!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by sausage1966 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

maestegmafia - For heavens sake - Its not about the incident - its about the sentiment of an idiot comment. I have NEVER judged the incident or the man - I just object to anyone who condones violence.

sausage1966

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:09 pm

Stamping on a joint is dangerous and wrong and must be punished but I think we do need to be careful when bandying about the phrase "career threatening injury" in relation to this incident.

I have seen several folk refer to Cole's injury and several call that injury "career threatening".

I just wanted to check that my memory of the game wasn't inaccurate.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next