The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+36
BlueCoverman
I'm never wrong
MustPuttBetter
Davie
Nay
JPX
1GrumpyGolfer
beninho
raycastleunited
shudofhita4iron
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
princedracula
Shotrock
dynamark
golfermartin
lorus59
SmithersJones
pedro
Seve_The_Great
gaelgowfer
barragan
incontinentia
super_realist
Doon the Water
puligny
GunsGerms
kwinigolfer
Hibbz
hend085
JAS
McLaren
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
Diggers
oldshanker
40 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by oldshanker Sun 03 Feb 2013, 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I agree Digs - what I was commenting on was not their lack of invention, but their lack of cohesion. They did not get the basics right, the least a back has to do is commit his opposite number, which becomes more important against the 'drift' defence, and then follow up and support. This was not happening yesterday, apart from Chris ashton on occasions.

I have not seen Goode play in his club matches, but on a number of occasions, he caught the ball deep, began to run, hesitated and then was caught without any support. I can't remember ever seeing Ben Foden caught like that. It is yet another sign of a lack of cohesion in the backs.

Of course, this probably is all due to the fact they are a relatively new squad and should come together the more they play together. But on the face of it, I think yesterday was a fair showing against a team that in my opinion is still there to be taken and will possibly only get one win in this series.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:26 am

3 Tiger woods (OK - Forests):-

Masinagudi forest near Mudumalai, India

Sathyamangalam Forest in Erode district, India

Ussuri Taiga Forest, Russia China border

Sorry Run

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:55 am

You know what I meant, there was a period where Woods was the relatively dominant force in the game, yet even so there were still many opportunities for others to win Majors. Contrast that to tennis where the slams have been utterly dominated by the big 3 for about the last 9 years (before Murray I think you have to go back to DP in '08 - before that it's the start of the Federer era where I think Safin nicked one after Federer started winning). So for Murray to keep plugging away until he broke that door down (carrying a 77 year weight on his shoulders) is quite a monumental achievement.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:07 am

Murray and Djork have done very well But fed has been past his peak a good few years. And nadal has become flaky.

TBH though all this talk of this wimby being the big win doesnt add up in my view. It was more about his first GS IMO.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:19 am

I got you, was just having a particularly childish 5 mins.

Murray to have become a multiple slam winner in the same era as (arguably) the 3 best players ever to have picked up a raquet is monumentally impressive already. Even if Federer is past peak he still beat Murray only last year so can't be that bad. Nadal is still coming back from a big injury. Djokovic is still peak though. 

However, as Murray has potential to go on to better things now would not be the time to knight him. Can he not be given a something BE (O/M/C BE).

Wiggins is towards the end of his career (probably get shouted at for that) but his Sir - ing was for the culmination of achievement, not simply the TDF/Olympics last year and so more deserving (IMO) than one for Murray who may well be yet to peak.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:37 am

Yes Fed is now past his peak...for how long that has been the case is probably more debatable, and yes, you do wonder now how many more years Nadal has before his knees finally say "enough". Even before that Nadal must now have thoughts in his head during matches when he is fit about how ok his knee is...a great shame really. I think it was always going to be the case that if they didn't get broken mentally Djoko and Murray would take over the mantle from Federer and Nadal as the dominant forces in the game for a 2-3 year period. The last 3-4 years have been the transition years where we've had a big 4 rather than a big 2.

Also think as well that it fell good for Murrray that he won another slam before Wimby....i.e. if he hadn't converted the U.S. last year, would his nerve have held on Sunday??. Either way now that the monkeys are well and truly off his back I can see him winning a few more slams, trading them with Djoko. What will be interesting is who will fill the gap at Roland Garros when Nadal hangs up his racquet.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

I think Murray was given OBE(?) for his amazing achievements last year.

The "problem" (being a really nice one to have) from my perspective is that they set a precedent by bestowing honours for great sporting achievement in recent years and now have to continue for reasons of fairness and public expectation... but the British have been somewhat punching above their weight for a little while, in my view/in certain sports at least, so that it appears that these honours are given out too generously.

Perhaps one way out of this is for a knighthood to be offered but refused (all this via private discussion), and then when asked about the omission, Murray says something along the lines of "I wasn't expecting a knighthood anyway, perhaps they might consider the entirety of my career when it's over etc".

I am sure Rose will be given something, probably MBE (which would be in line with McDowell and McIlroy?). He has zero chance of beating Murray in BBC SPOTY though.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

If Rose could win the Open he may have a shot!!

2 majors in a year. I still think the tennis player would win. Because as LW allways says. Our golfers get zip recognition.  But surely that would take presedent.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

no chance! - if rose wins the open he'll probably be guaranteed top 3, but murray will walk it this year barring a late entry from tom daley diving out of a space ship into the pacific.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:29 pm

well yeah he can win but rose would deserve it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:40 pm

murray has bundles more personality than rose Run 
i agree with what you're saying, rose with a US and an open would, on paper, deserve it over murray's single wimbers (murray still has the chance to add a US this year which would see them on an even keel in that respect). however, the award is about capturing the imagination of the nation and murray winning wimbledon is massive.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

Ok well Maybe if rose wins the next 2!!!

that would be 3 in a year!!

TBH I am very happy to see Murray win it. And if Rose did somehow win it with only 1 major(the only way that would happen is if Murray got outed as a child fiddler!!- which offcourse it wont!!!) I would feel sorry for the NI's lads that have had there majors yet didnt get in the running for the award!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Ok well Maybe if rose wins the next 2!!!

that would be 3 in a year!!

TBH I am very happy to see Murray win it. And if Rose did somehow win it with only 1 major(the only way that would happen is if Murray got outed as a child fiddler!!- which offcourse it wont!!!) I would feel sorry for the NI's lads that have had there majors yet didnt get in the running for the award!!

A lot of British people don't consider the NI lasds as "British" so they are at a big disadvantage...........

If Scotland votes for independence, i suppose the GB's wait for a Wimbledon winner will go on and on and on!!.....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

Why dont we just split every county up as well Rolling Eyes .

I think its time everyone just got over what we think we are and understand what awards and OBE's and stuff are. Its just a nice gesture to someone that qualifies. Nothing less and Nothing more

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

barragan wrote:no chance! - if rose wins the open he'll probably be guaranteed top 3, but murray will walk it this year barring a late entry from tom daley diving out of a space ship into the pacific.

Suits me as long as he isn't issued with a parachute.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352779/Bestiality-brothels-spreading-Germany-campaigner-claims-abusers-sex-animals-lifestyle-choice.html

Oh dear. I am rarly shocked but WTF

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 09 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

I don't generally like these three letter acronyms but WTF really does work here.

WTF?

That's baa'd

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 10 Jul 2013, 3:15 am

I would rather see people shag animals than abusing women in regular prostitution.

I actually don't see what is wrong with bestiality, it is not like the animals will notice or suffer any stress.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 10 Jul 2013, 7:02 am

Erm

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 10 Jul 2013, 8:06 am

mysti

What does it matter to you if someone else shags a dog?

I wouldn't do it by why stop someone else from doing it?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 10 Jul 2013, 8:23 am

It doesnt.

I dont.

It doesnt change the fact that i find it shocking- I mean I knew it happened. But it seems to be growing some momemntum in germany!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 10 Jul 2013, 8:55 am

BTW- I havent had a cigarette since last monday. Started the E cigs and havent looked back..

Not sure how safe these things are, however - They work and supposedly have no tar etc!!

All good at the moment!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

Good on you Mystir! Keep it up

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 10 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

Thanks Martin.

If anyone wants to stop. These e cigs certainly can help you stop smoking- They may not stop your nicotine addiction mind!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:27 am

I think that's part of the point. If you want to stop completely they help but if you can't it's a much less unhealthy option.

Keep up the good work, it's chuffing (excuse the phrase) tough to do, unless you're Super who I seem to recall found it a breeze. I struggle (after a couple of glasses of rouge) still but it's worth it as you can buy all sorts of shiny and unnecessary golf gear with the saved cash! Although, that invariably results in more stress on the course which triggers the mental process that makes you think you want a chuff.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

i always use the fact the average smokers spends over £2k a year on smokes, and the average brit spends about £1k on alcohol to justify nearly all my golf related spends, including subscriptions each year. they've got their hobby, i've got mine.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

spotted a pretty spectacular moth on the golf course yesterday...
Golf Moth:

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:11 am

Nice moth. I once saw a camouflage mothy once. Amazing creature it was.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:38 pm

Good luck mysti. Bought an ecig last week and have been glaring at it suspiciously ever since, while chuffing on a 'bine natch. Gonna finish this pouch of old shag then give it a go...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:41 pm

Good luck with it Monty.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:42 pm

Cheers fella Very Happy 
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:22 am

Random thought.

How are our fingers going to evolve now that we all tap tap tap away on keyboards all day long..

Will we end up with longer slender fingers in 10000 or so years time?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:54 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Random thought.

How are our fingers going to evolve now that we all tap tap tap away on keyboards all day long..

Will we end up with longer slender fingers in 10000 or so years time?

No.

Unless you know of a reason for those with the genes associated with shorter finger length to produce offspring more successfully than those with longer fingers.

I think you have got how natural selection works wrong a and confused it with acquired phenotypes as a driver for evolution.

eg An acquired phenotype like theory proposes that a giraffe gets a longer neck over time because it stretches its neck to reach food, and therefor its young have longer necks..  Whereas what actually happens is those giraffes with the genes that produce longer necks are more successful in terms of survival and ability to reproduce.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

Mac maybe you should study evolotion abit more.. You are talking about natural selection.

Read up on micro evolotion.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:04 pm

mystiroakey wrote: micro evolotion.

Is that a cream to make you evolve quicker?

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:07 pm

Micro evolotion is the study of species adapting to envioroments. The more you do something and take something differnt the more you adapt.

Like the giraffes had to stretch to eat- this excercised there necks and made them longer, yes the longer necked giraffes will also live better and produce more offspring , but the repetitive nature of what they have to do to live is also a major factor(what mac has missed out on)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Actually i will note that i am not talking about  micro evolotion  the way some  god botherers would talk about to justify what ever some book talks about-

just evolotion within the same species..(so in a smaller scale- over we evolved from fish or monkies)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

mystiroakey wrote: Like the giraffes had to stretch to eat- this excercised there necks and made them longer, yes the longer necked giraffes will also live better and produce more offspring , but the repetitive nature of what they have to do to live is also a major factor(what mac has missed out on)

Really? So if I go to the gym and get really buffed up, are my offspring more likely to be muscular?

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

shclaff wrote:
mystiroakey wrote: Like the giraffes had to stretch to eat- this excercised there necks and made them longer, yes the longer necked giraffes will also live better and produce more offspring , but the repetitive nature of what they have to do to live is also a major factor(what mac has missed out on)

Really? So if I go to the gym and get really buffed up, are my offspring more likely to be muscular?

No.

Mysti is talking utter nonsense. Your genes are the same now as they were when your dads sperm met your mothers egg. (unless you count some epigeneic modifications) But assuming you are male they will be wiped by the time your sperm does anything of note for your child to be.

As for microevolution it is nothing other than the tiny steps of macro evolution, if you even want to entertain the idea. They are the same thing.

I also should not have used the giraffe example as I believe it is now thought they have long necks to fight with.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:06 pm

Thanks, mac. Just for the record my questions were rhetorical!

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 12 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

I suspected they were but it gave me the chance to question mysti's misunderstandings.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 13 Jul 2013, 8:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plBAvHv_jbU

spot the pedo.

mac some reading for you

"Many people have mistakenly believed that the DNA with which we are born is the sole determinant for who we are and will become, but scientists have understood for decades that this genetic determinism is a flawed theory.

Epigenetics and Beyond
The field of epigenetics refers to the science that studies how the development, functioning and evolution of biological systems are influenced by forces operating outside the DNA sequence, including intracellular, environmental and energetic influences."

What this tells me is that our envioment and life style will affect the next generation and not just from the DNA we are given- which your theory(however right it is isnt the full story) suggests.

I will note I may be completely wrong. I am no genius. I may even have sun stroke at the moment ..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:56 am

Has anyone seen the gaffe by a San Francisco news channel who aired prank names of the Asians pilots? Is it wrong to think this is the funniest thing ever?

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Jul 2013, 3:33 am

It is not wrong but it really isn't that funny.

This however is hilarious;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_G93qLaJb4

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

McLaren wrote:It is not wrong but it really isn't that funny.

Looks like Luis Suarez.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

No way the hamster is much better looking...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:30 am

what is it with you and fluffy animals?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

I just went to the BBC golf website and in a big blue strip across the screen it says;

"Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic 6-4 7-5 6-4 to become the first British man to win the Wimbledon singles title since 1936".

Sure it was a great achievement but that was like 8 days ago. Are they going to keep the the headline there for another 77 years?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:35 pm

lorus59 wrote:I just went to the BBC golf website and in a big blue strip across the screen it says;

"Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic 6-4 7-5 6-4 to become the first British man to win the Wimbledon singles title since 1936".

Sure it was a great achievement but that was like 8 days ago. Are they going to keep the the headline there for another 77 years?

Whilst Id be happy to see that headline for a long time I suspect you need to clear your browsers cache.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:37 pm

yeah your spot on digs..

its not there..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 15 Jul 2013, 8:52 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

what is it with you and fluffy animals?
Must be a Richard gere thing
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next