The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+36
BlueCoverman
I'm never wrong
MustPuttBetter
Davie
Nay
JPX
1GrumpyGolfer
beninho
raycastleunited
shudofhita4iron
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
princedracula
Shotrock
dynamark
golfermartin
lorus59
SmithersJones
pedro
Seve_The_Great
gaelgowfer
barragan
incontinentia
super_realist
Doon the Water
puligny
GunsGerms
kwinigolfer
Hibbz
hend085
JAS
McLaren
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
Diggers
oldshanker
40 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 16 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by oldshanker Sun 03 Feb 2013, 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I agree Digs - what I was commenting on was not their lack of invention, but their lack of cohesion. They did not get the basics right, the least a back has to do is commit his opposite number, which becomes more important against the 'drift' defence, and then follow up and support. This was not happening yesterday, apart from Chris ashton on occasions.

I have not seen Goode play in his club matches, but on a number of occasions, he caught the ball deep, began to run, hesitated and then was caught without any support. I can't remember ever seeing Ben Foden caught like that. It is yet another sign of a lack of cohesion in the backs.

Of course, this probably is all due to the fact they are a relatively new squad and should come together the more they play together. But on the face of it, I think yesterday was a fair showing against a team that in my opinion is still there to be taken and will possibly only get one win in this series.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

barragan wrote:spotted a pretty spectacular moth on the golf course yesterday...
Golf Moth:

If I recall correctly barra that is a burnett moth

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by barragan Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:36 am

correct s_r

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Maybe I am a little naive, and I know music videos are getting ever raunchier, but this seems a step too far;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwT6DZCQi9k (NSFW)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

It is just a very boring lame music video in my opinion.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:31 pm

I like the song, not sure it needs the gimmick. Can't say I found the video objectionable in any way though, it is very light hearted and despite the nudity it's not that raunchy.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

McLaren wrote:Maybe I am a little naive, and I know music videos are getting ever raunchier, but this seems a step too far;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwT6DZCQi9k (NSFW)
Stick to the child friendly version then. If you want to get offended, there are plenty of opportunities out there.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

Wonder if Diggers is on the air?
United Nations stuff going on at the Stadium Of Light.
Will these moves by inspired?
Or will they mean tears all round and Championship football in 2014/2015??
Looks a mess from 3,000 miles away.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:10 pm

Mac doesnt have or watch a telly- However he watches everything anyway - just from a  small screen!!

Gnagman style, dancing cats, blurred lines.. Its like being on a european student forum!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

Me not having a tv seems to really offend you mysti?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

Nope

Why do you say that?

I Just dont understand why you tell every man and his dog that you dont have one. When all you seem to do is watch tv or entertainment on your PC! You do have a Tv and you watch it- you just dont have one in the conventional sense!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 10:41 am

RIP Todd Bennett. Not exactly a global name or a sporting superstar but I got a lot of pleasure out of watching the 4 x 4 guys back in the 1980's and he is one of the guys I'll always remember. Brilliant indoor runner as well. Makes you feel old....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 17 Jul 2013, 11:18 am

Digs,
A bit eerie that Todd Bennett and Donna Murray/Hartley/etc, both with Southampton connections, died so young so few weeks apart.
We ARE old, me more than you!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

Yes, I saw the Donna Hartley one as well. One of those ones that was odd that she decided to become a professional body builder, a "sport" that pretty much accepts drug use having been an athlete who never really looked like being a drug user as was fairly petite racing against Eastern Europeans like Kratochvilova who looked like Hartley when she was doing the body building !

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

Utd. turn down Mata or Luiz plus £10m for Rooney. Are they mad?! Straight swap for Mata would have been a good deal, never mind the cash.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342660

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

stubborn numpties

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:43 pm

Of course they want to sell Rooney. They are just waiting. But I guess they have to find a replacement for Rooney first (a striker), i.e. not Mata or Luiz.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:08 pm

I think they will push for both and forget the 10m!!

I would - Never ever take the first offer. Thats just obvious!

Now that chelsea have made the statement that man u can have mata or luiz- then neither will be happy at all. So both will probally want out anyway. This offer must have peed them off!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

I can sort of understand with Luiz but why on earth would Mourinho want to ship out Mata? He was one of the best players in the league last year

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

Luiz is one of the best defenders in the country mate. Quality player..

Mata yes was one of the best.. Both invaliable players. Mourinhio has just stuck his fingers up at both!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

I think Luiz is a very good player but he goes walkabouts a bit too often. Think his best position is midfield

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:26 pm

If you watched Confederations Cup you would have seen how good Luiz is (can be).

I thinkk mysti is right, it has to do with Mourinho. Luiz and Mata have to go, to Man U or somewhere else

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:31 pm

I can see that Mourinho won't suffer a defender who can go AWOL but just don't see the logic with Mata

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:36 pm

He must be on Mourinhos sh!t list. Maybe they know each other from Spain.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

Chelsea have come out to confirm a bid but categorically deny the offer of a player.

So must be true then!

Rumoured for a while that JM doesn't like Mata and I can see Luiz is a marmite player (I think he's far from accomplished in defence, but think a defensive midfield role could fit him perfectly).

I'd have either of them in a heartbeat. But then as a QPR fan I'd also take Geoff Thomas and Perry Groves over the lot we've bought recently!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:48 pm

If you had to draw up a template of a JM defender you'd start with Luiz...and change everything. Never going to work.
Mata is a really good player, clearly something happening there we don't know about.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm

£10m plus both! (thus valuing Rooney at £70m = £10m + £40m for Mata + £20m for Luiz). Fanciful, but would be good business for Utd

Think the statement about not selling Rooney is rhetoric. Cash in. Doesn't want to be there, strikes me as the sort of petulant so and so that would sulk around and not try if he doesn't get his way and also, maybe he actually does need a new challenge as he's been off the boil for a while IMO. 

I think he's got greedy eyes towards PSG or Monaco. Will be interesting to see if any foreign club wanted to sniff round him. I doubt it though too English in style.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

RC, I don't really blame Rooney for having the hump. When I heard what Moyes said it was pretty obvious he was stirring the pot, why on earth call someone a squad player, what's possibly to be gained by that....unless he had an agenda to sell.
I don't think there is much to suggest he is petulant really, only two clubs, 9 years at Man Utd with only one real contract dispute...hardly unusual in this day and age. Plus he has been played out of position (as he sees it) for a hell of a lot of his time there.
To be honest he's a saint compared to most players in that respect.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

Its either or Rolller not both.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Personally I think Rooney's got an attitude problem of the highest order. He's a prodigious talent and a world beater when he's on but he's a poisonous influence now. Get shot of him.

Utd have been after a proper creative midfielder for a while also, hence all the links with Sneijder/Modric. Mata isn't quite in that mould but he's got all the tools.

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

Once they've sealed the deal with Fabregas, Rooney will go. Or?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

shclaff wrote:Personally I think Rooney's got an attitude problem of the highest order. He's a prodigious talent and a world beater when he's on but he's a poisonous influence now. Get shot of him.

Utd have been after a proper creative midfielder for a while also, hence all the links with Sneijder/Modric. Mata isn't quite in that mould but he's got all the tools.

I am sure Rooney isn't all that much trouble as diggers suggests but he clearly still has an attitude problem when it comes to training. He is rarely in shape and does not put the extra hours in that the likes RVP do in the gym and working on skills.

Why Rooney cant realize he is at a great club and just get on with what they want him to do for £250000 at week is beyond me.

I would not want Mata or luiz or even both for Rooney no matter how lazy he is.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Luiz is one of the best defenders in the country mate. Quality player..

Mysti!
He is a decent player but a terrible defender! The south american Titus Bramble!
I don't get trying to ditch Mata but swapping Luiz for Rooney would have been a right good piece of business for Chelsea
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

McLaren wrote: I would not want Mata or luiz or even both for Rooney no matter how lazy he is.

Why not?

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

Mac Im not sure I ever remember Rooney being out of shape during a season. I think he is just a player who is better with a lot of matches, he thrives on playing. Whenever he gets crocked he is always sluggish for a while, takes time to get his touch back.
Which basically makes the thought of him being a squad player even more bizarre.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

I can't vouch for his fitness but I can certainly see him doing a Hatton when he retires

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

Diggers

There is no way rooney is on the same diet and training regime as RVP or Vidic for example.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

shclaff wrote:
McLaren wrote: I would not want Mata or luiz or even both for Rooney no matter how lazy he is.

Why not?

Not sure mata or luiz would be regular starters. There is no doubt rio and vidic need replacing soon but hopefully evans, smalling and jones will do the trick.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:32 pm

Maybe, but when he is fit and playing regularly nobody covers more of the pitch than he does, he has a great engone. I honestly don't see it as an issue plus apparently according to Vidic himself he came back to pre season in great nick anyway.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

McLaren wrote: Not sure mata or luiz would be regular starters.

Mata would walk into that midfield.

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:35 pm

Diggers

But why is Rooney all over the pitch? I often wonder if he starts to fall deeper later in games because he cant make the runs at the pace required in the attacking third come the last quarter of the game.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:37 pm

shclaff wrote:

Not if we get febregas.

Anyway, i often wonder if mata seems better than he is because Lampard is busy causing the opposition defence so many issues that mata has more time on the ball than he otherwise might.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

McLaren wrote:Diggers

But why is Rooney all over the pitch? I often wonder if he starts to fall deeper later in games because he cant make the runs at the pace required in the attacking third come the last quarter of the game.

I think its just because he gets frustrated and looks for the ball personally, he's always done it. I don't think its a great thing for him to do but I really don't think he has stamina issues when he's playing regularly.
He gets a lot of stick based mainly on what he hasn't done...ie become an all time great and be as good as Messi and Ronaldo.......rather than what he has done which is be a fantastic player who would have made a world squad for many of the last 10 years.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm

Diggers

No matter how many games he had in a row last season it was not clear that man utd were better off with him in the starting 11. That was not the case for many seasons before last.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

McLaren wrote:

Not if we get febregas.  

I'd start him over Nani, Valencia, Young and Cleverley. I'd leave in Kagawa and Carrick. Who gets in ahead of him?

I thought Arsenal have first refusal on Fabregas anyway?

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

But crucially cesc can refuse whatever offer arsenal make when they enact the first refusal clause.

As for Nani, Valencia, Young and Cleverley. Well, they did just win the championship so they must be doing something right.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

I think you're blinded by your Red Devil specs there Mac

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:14 pm

shclaff wrote:

Agreed, even with Fabragas
Central midfield are where United are weakest. Even with Fabregas and Mata they still need to sign a defensive midfielder in the Keane, Hargreaves type mould. Jones could do it but i'm not sure he has enough quality on the ball

Plus Fabragas won't go to United. Or at least it would seem unlikely. He's spent ages saying he'd only play for Arsenal in England and i can't see him going back on that. But you never know. If Arsenal sign him back and get one of Higauain and Suarez they may actually have a decent chance this year
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm

Ok so no love for the man with the hair.

I personaly rate him high. However it raises a point . How much does JM hate the one that matters..

he has valued mata the same value as Luiz with this deal..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

Manchester United reject £20m Chelsea bid for Wayne Rooney

• guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 17 July 2013 11.09 BST

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 16 Wayne-Rooney-010
Wayne Rooney looks likely to leave Manchester United with Chelsea desperate to secure his services. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA
Chelsea have reacted furiously to suggestions they were willing to include either Juan Mata or David Luiz as a make-weight in a prospective deal for Wayne Rooney after their initial straight cash offer for the England striker, thought to be worth around £20m, was rejected.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm

20m is a surely a total p!ss take though !

Even his biggest critics would clearly admit that!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next