The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: New York Jets

+2
mikeygnfl
GSC
6 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: New York Jets Empty 32 teams in 32 days: New York Jets

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:52 am

Record: 6-10
Offensive Rank: 30th (Passing: 30th, Rushing: 12th)
Defensive Rank: 8th (Passing: 2nd, Rushing: 26th)

What went right?
Antonio Cromartie, that the Jets have an easy schedule. I dunno, Kerley and Hill had some ok spots?

What went wrong?
Buttfumble sums up Mark Sanchez's season and career. Revis and Holmes got hurt. Tebow produced more headlines than yards. Jets in general were more concerned with media clippings than winning.

Prospects for 2013?
John Idzik inherits a total mess, with the Jets in the worst salary cap situation in the league. Sorting out the Revis situation will be crucial, as will cleaning out some of the bad eggs in the locker room. Rex Ryan faces a do or die year. However the Jets return with no answer at QB and no money to pursue an Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. Going to take time to turn the Jets around.

Projected 2013 draft pick?
Idzik essentially has a mulligan year, if the Jets crumble hes blameless and gets to pick his own HC next year. Both of the Jets starting guards from 2012 are FAs and neither particularly earned the right to come back. John Idzik ushers in a new era of smart decisions and sensible moves to the Jets organisation and makes a slam dunk pick in Chance Warmack.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: New York Jets Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: New York Jets

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:29 pm

I think the Jets could be possible trade partners with the Raiders (or even the Jaguars) to move up the board and get Geno Smith.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

I hope so Mikey but I'd think that the Jets would go to the Jags first because of the potential that they too want Smith, or may be open to trading to other teams and the Jets end up pipped.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:48 pm

I'm not a Jets fan but for their sake I so hope they don't trade up for a far from sure-fire QB. Sanchez was being talked about in more glowing terms coming out of college than Smith currently is! With so many salary cap problems the Jets need to be keeping their picks and building through the draft. They're not going to have any money for some time to use FA as a means of building a roster. Giving picks away to trade up for Smith could be suicidal for them. The thing is, they have won and had good seasons before with Sanchez at QB. I'm not for a second saying I rate him as a QB cos I never have but I am saying that is possible to win despite him if they make smart moves elsewhere. That starts with drafting well.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:57 pm

Rex needs to go back to building up the defence and pounding the ball on offence. And if Sanchez has to throw make them high percentage throws. Too many times he tried to go deep this year, and he sucks badly at that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

Could the Jets be possibly looking at trading Mark Sanchez?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

They can look all they want. Nobody (and I absolutely mean nobody) is picking up the tab for that contract
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:06 pm

Who would take him lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

And yeah, who would actually want Mark Sanchez. Put on the tape and try to justify wanting him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

Number-25 wrote:I'm not a Jets fan but for their sake I so hope they don't trade up for a far from sure-fire QB. Sanchez was being talked about in more glowing terms coming out of college than Smith currently is! With so many salary cap problems the Jets need to be keeping their picks and building through the draft. They're not going to have any money for some time to use FA as a means of building a roster. Giving picks away to trade up for Smith could be suicidal for them. The thing is, they have won and had good seasons before with Sanchez at QB. I'm not for a second saying I rate him as a QB cos I never have but I am saying that is possible to win despite him if they make smart moves elsewhere. That starts with drafting well.
+1

Also like everyone says they are stuck with that huge contract they gave Sanchez , might as well build a strong running game and keep his mistakes to a minimum
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm

Buttfumble = Single greatest play of the season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down