The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WM30

+12
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
Mr H
Crimey
x12x
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
talkingpoint
GSC
crippledtart
djcc2004
16 posters

Go down

WM30 Empty WM30

Post by djcc2004 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

With the build up to WM29 failing to capture peoples imagination thus far, I thought I would see what peoples dream box office matches for WM30 would be?

For me, such a special occasion deserves the 3 blockbuster matches below:

Rock Vs Brock

Punk Vs Austin

Cena vs Undertaker (closes the show/takers final match)

Thoughts?

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

WM30 Empty Re: WM30

Post by crippledtart Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:04 am

I think at least two of those matches are highly likely. My only doubt would be over punk vs Austin, due to Austin's age and whether he'd be content to play third fiddle.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 23 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm

Punk vs Austin

HHH vs HBK vs Taker

Are the two id legitimately care about
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:04 pm

Rock will main event again, probably with Brock for the WWE championship. I expect a Rock loss this year, Brock to hold the title as heel champ going into WM30 and set up a Rock win for the feel good moment that a 30th anniversary PPV should have (Rock to lose the rematch so he can go back to acting for the rest of the year).

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

It won't be the 30th anniversary...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 23 Feb 2013, 2:26 pm

crippledtart wrote:It won't be the 30th anniversary...

isn't that being a bit pedantic? Rolling Eyes you know what I meant...

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 23 Feb 2013, 2:37 pm

Tart being an awkward pedant? Never heard the like!

I think Brock v Rock and Taker v Cena are very likely. Very difficult to see the rest of the card. No idea what state or interest of Austin, there is no way of knowing who will be in what heel/face role or who WWE will have got bored of by the time it comes around. One of Ambrose, Reigns or Rollins will have a big match against an established big name.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:30 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
crippledtart wrote:It won't be the 30th anniversary...

isn't that being a bit pedantic? Rolling Eyes you know what I meant...

Pedantic or not he's spot on, it does my nut in when Cole and Lawler blag about 20th and 25th anniversaries when its clearly not

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

The Rock vs Brock Lesnar for the wwe title

Undertaker vs John Cena

CM Punk vs Stone Cold

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:52 pm

If Austin ever does one last match he'll be the headline regardless of who else is on the card, that's a banker IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:16 am

Kay Fabe wrote:If Austin ever does one last match he'll be the headline regardless of who else is on the card, that's a banker IMO

Do you mean he'll be the headliner because he'll demand it, or because he's a bigger star than Rock/Brock/Taker, or because he'll be part of a show that doesn't have those other names on it?

As successful as he was in 98/99, I don't think that in 2013 he's anything like the mainstream draw that Rock is.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:20 am

I think you're right, he wont be the main stream draw rhe way Rock is in what would be 2014 but by 2014 Rock would have been back in and around the place for 3 years, I believe an Austin return in a hot angle against what would be one of the company's biggest stars then he'll headline.

He isnt the mainstream draw that the Rock is but i doubt that would hinder his match position, I also dont think he'd demand it, i just feel that it would be the hottest feud and the occassion itself would demand it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 1:40 am

Don't you think that the fact Austin has remained, in some way(physically), associated with the business may actually count against him? It's not like a return will come as a shock in the same way as the Rock's did?

I think it's a matter of when more than if. That said he'd still command THE main event spot at Mania.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 24 Feb 2013, 5:46 am

I did think turning up every so often hurt him more than help him but he's not done that for a long time, poSsibly around 5 years or so???? I think all that would get swiped aside if he actually laced the boots up again for one last match/feud

I dont know what would be more of a shock to be honest, on one hand Austin didnt disappear but he didnt show any signs at all of wanting another match and many assumed it was because of how severe his neck injury had become which almost ruled out that possibility while Rock showed no interest in going back to the WWE what-so-ever although his physical condition was excellent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:54 am

Maybe it's just me and I can't judge an audience but I think if Austin came back to fight one last time, it would be much bigger than the Rock's comeback...yeah all the kids love the Rock but there's a massive part of the WWE fan base that know the comeback happened because he's promoting a movie and that he's a part time wrestler.

If Austin came back, I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it and if he went one on one with CM Punk I think they could create such a buzz between them that it would easily be a massive main event.

Maybe it's because I'm the age to remember Austin in his prime but I think him actually coming back would be massive.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:31 am

well one things for sure, if Austin returns for one last match, the WWE hype machine will make sure everyone knows how much of a big deal it is. When Austin was inaugurated into the Hall of Fame I believe Vince called him the G.O.A.T so he'll certainly get the full Mania treatment. Even though he isn't relevant in wrestling terms anymore or even as big a movie star as the Rock, his reputation during the Attitude era will carry him through.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:51 am

I think he might just be as big a pull for many casual fans as The Rock. It'd make national news over there I'd imagine and the amount of people who would remember his prime and want to enjoy Austin again is probably very high in number.

I would guess he probably holds sway with as big a percentage of the audience as The Rock. Possibly just cos he'd evoke more memories from the older viewers who switched off when it went more PG.

I'm gonna guess that Austin brought in more new fans to Wrestling than The Rock, most of whose fans will have been Austin fans, and I'd guess those stronger on The Rock were more likely to stay fans than those who were huge Austin fans. Just a thought anyway. The crowd would be hotter for Austin, its a different kind of reaction for him.

That card would be brilliant to watch, but interesting implications for the product at that time. Part timer Brock or Part timer Rock would end up being champion, Cena and Punk would be in long term feuds with part timers. I suppose The Rock could just do Extreme Rules in 2014 like hes apparently doing this year

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:55 am

I think the only problem is that everybody expects an Austin return, every year people expect the Austin return and there is still the general consensus that Austin will eventually return and have one last feud and match.

The Rock on the other hand, there was never even the slightest suggestion he would return. He'd made quite a solid effort to distance himself from the wrestling business and hadn't made any appearances for a good few years.

Even Lesnar returning was probably more shocking considering the circumstances in which he left the company and the illness that ended his UFC career, I don't think anybody would have predicted two or three years ago that Lesnar would be back in WWE by 2012.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm

Austin got me really in to wrestling and CM Punk got me back in to it...I'd absolutely love Punk v Austin!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:02 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:The Rock vs Brock Lesnar for the wwe title

Undertaker vs John Cena

CM Punk vs Stone Cold

You would keep the belt on the rock for a whole year??????

Or have a part timer like Brock holding it???

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:09 am

Antlord, just a thought, there could be other title changes in the meantime...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:11 am

Yes there could I accept that, but ultimately you would be putting the title back onto a part timer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:19 am

There's definitely a downside to revolving wrestlemania around people who aren't around most of the year, but I think in Rock's case they just need to make the most of being associated with such a huge star and draw.

However, personally I wish they would use the likes of Rock and Brock to elevate the next generation of talent, rather than putting them in matches against other part timers.

Last edited by crippledtart on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell)

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:32 am

When you consider how good shape and condition The Rock always keeps himself in and how badly he gassed at Wrestlemania 28 against Cena and at The Rumble against Punk, i'd be concerned about the conditioning and performance of a then 49yr old Steve Austin could offer in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:41 am

The Undertaker v John Cena and CM Punk v Stone Cold are a must for Wrestlemania 30 for me.

Rock and Brock would be big but there's been talk about doing that at Summerslam this year so if that goes ahead would WWE want another match between the two at Wrestlemania 30?

Wait, what am I saying? Of course they would.

Whilst I agree with crips that it's not ideal to have two part timers squaring off in a Wrestlemania main event (or one of them anyway), the fact that they're both such huge names means WWE will feel the need to involve them in marquee matches. In a perfect world you've have say Rock v Randy Orton and Brock going up against Shamoose or Rybotch (if you like that sort of thing) but instead you're far more likely to have them going up against someone 'on their level' - which at the moment consists of Cena, Taker, Triple H and at a push CM Punk.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:54 am

I predict a G.O.A.T. match between Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, winner gets the G.O.A.T. Trophy!

Now there is a Marquee Match if they're looking to wheeling out Legends! Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:03 am

Hilarious.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

Would Rock v Brock work?
I imagine that would be a horrendous spectacle of the Rock gassed for most of the match, no-one really leading the direction of the match and the pair of them being involved in a lot of sleeper style holds.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:21 am

I think Gallows should resign for WWE.

Then you could have the Rock & Sock vs Brock and DOC

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

Hero wrote:Would Rock v Brock work?
I imagine that would be a horrendous spectacle of the Rock gassed for most of the match, no-one really leading the direction of the match and the pair of them being involved in a lot of sleeper style holds.

FFS Hero you are so negative, i'm going to start calling you Bull.

Add Orton to make it a 20 minute triple threat of rest hold heaven.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:41 am

Mr H wrote:When you consider how good shape and condition The Rock always keeps himself in and how badly he gassed at Wrestlemania 28 against Cena and at The Rumble against Punk, i'd be concerned about the conditioning and performance of a then 49yr old Steve Austin could offer in the main event of Wrestlemania.

It's a valid point but for me they're two very different types of performers, Austin can slow it down and get technical, Rock has always been more energetic and feeds off the atmosphere, i feel that with a few months training behind him, and i believe Austin wouldnt go near a WWE without that then he'd be better equipped mentally to handle the occassion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:42 am

Mr H wrote:
Hero wrote:Would Rock v Brock work?

FFS Hero you are so negative, i'm going to start calling you Bull.

Add Orton to make it a 20 minute triple threat of rest hold heaven.

Could we throw Andre and Big John Studd in there for good measure

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:44 am

Adam D wrote:I think Gallows should resign for WWE.

What about Ken Shamrock and Perry Saturn in a frock.
Yoshi Tatsu wielding a wok, Jennifer Lopez straight from the block.
I've gone all Dr Seuss.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:46 am

Hero wrote:
Adam D wrote:I think Gallows should resign for WWE.

What about Ken Shamrock and Perry Saturn in a frock.
Yoshi Tatsu wielding a wok, Jennifer Lopez straight from the block.
I've gone all Dr Seuss.

Randy Horton hears a who?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

I would love an Austin return for WM30, but a part of me would be very worried with how it was booked and how he would perform. I wouldn't want anything to tarnish my memories of the G.O.A.T.

I do think that he has been kept out of the product since WM27 to make his return more special.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down