The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations?

+23
TJ1
Jimpy
NeilyBroon
t1000advancedprototype
Alex_Germany
nganboy
bsando
ChequeredJersey
Effervescing Elephant
majesticimperialman
lostinwales
Toohey
Barney McGrew did it
tomhughesnice
Brendan
glamorganalun
flyhalffactory
RubyGuby
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Morgannwg
Big
Cyril
maestegmafia
27 posters

Go down

Who will win?

Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_lcap14%Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 32 ]
Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_lcap20%Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 44 ]
Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_lcap9%Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 21 ]
Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_lcap23%Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 51 ]
Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_lcap3%Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 6 ]
Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_lcap31%Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 68 ]

Total Votes : 222

Poll closed

Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Empty Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations?

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Feb 2013, 6:39 am

Saturday 9th March

Scotland v Wales 14:30
Ireland v France 17:00

Sunday 10th March

England v Italy 15:00

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Empty Re: Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations?

Post by Cyril Wed 27 Feb 2013, 8:13 am

Scotland
France
England

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations? Empty Re: Who will win in round 4 of the Six Nations?

Post by Big Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:21 am

Agree with Cyril.

I have to say it is an absolute firecracker of a round. I cannot recall a weekend of rugby that has so much riding on it.

In Scotland and Wales, you have two sides who are (unexpectedly after the autumn) in with a shot at the title and desperate to be the team that could still win in the lead up to Rnd 5. France Ireland is at the other end of the spectrum, with both clubs expected to do well before the tournament and now both desperate to avoid defeat and the risk of the wooden spoon. England Italy is perhaps the only match that in theory isn't closely matched, but... if Italy were somehow to win that would be the upset of the decade, and would leave everything open for the final weekend.

However you look at it and whatever the outcome, I really can't wait for this one.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:06 pm

Scotland France and England favourites so far...? Is that a good reflection of our early opinions or just one person with multiple I.ds??? Interesting enough.

Still a well over a week away

The vote is changeable as the games close in to reflect changes in opinion.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:08 pm

Wales, France, England for me.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Scotland France and England favourites so far...? Is that a good reflection of our early opinions or just one person with multiple I.ds??? Interesting enough.

No it's just anyone English will automatically vote for and cheer Wales' opposition.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Scotland France and England favourites so far...? Is that a good reflection of our early opinions or just one person with multiple I.ds??? Interesting enough.

No it's just anyone English will automatically vote for and cheer Wales' opposition.

Now you're getting a hang of what it's like to be English.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

thumbsup As Long as we Beat the Welsh (or anyone else does for that matter) Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

I think England at Twickenham is a no brainer, surely there is no reason to pick Italy...... but there are FOUR posters who have ticked the Azurri to win Tumbleweed

Ireland will be coming out all guns blazing and playing for pride, they are at home and there is no way that they will not execute (the amount of chances they had against us) again

Scotland v Wales
Much more difficult to call, last time out Wales playing away had more possession and territory than Italy, whilst we at home had only 25% against Ireland. Wales definitely are the favourites, and the likes of JPR, Ruddock, and Gareth Edwards are already talking of Wales stopping England on the final weekend. I think Scottish confidence that has grown due to the two wins are tempered with realism that we have won two games but played poorly in all the vital areas and at 50% of our potential. We need to crank it up against Wales who are an experienced and classy squad. I hope we raise our game to where we know we should (and can be) both individually and as a team. I think we can do it, hence I am going for a Scotland win
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:08 pm

FFH - it will be a mighty task for both teams and Wales will have to be at their very best to come away with a win thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:00 pm

I have gone with England (at Home), France (away) and Wales (away). The only banker is the England match.

The French I suspect will win as I can't see them blowing another game from daft team selection and they will really be up for it not wanting the wooden spoon or an unlikely whitewash.

I have gone with Wales mainly because of their better defence and Wales will not blow so many chances like Ireland. Wales must work harder in the lineout, they never seem to challenge for the ball hence I can see Scotland winning a lot of ball in that area. The problem for Scotland is they kick more ball away than Wales, Ireland kept the ball in hand hence their high possession percentage. In recent years Scotland seem to get yellows against Wales as they challenge the catcher late in the air, with dangerous tackles, they were lucky against Ireland.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

Well I have gone for Scotland, France and England. I have been wrong the last two weeks so here is hoping its three in a row

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

Morgannwg wrote:

I think your confusing the Welsh with the French? Luckily the French speak a silly language that no one understands otherwise this forum would be awash with comments containing 'Rosbif' and 'Frogs'.

People are voting for a Scotland win as they are looking good and are at home, plus are kind of the underdog as Scotland have been poor in the six nations for about a decade. Well these are my reasons...

Despite what this forum portrays, I honestly think most English like the Welsh.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 27 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

tomhughesnice wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

I think your confusing the Welsh with the French? Luckily the French speak a silly language that no one understands otherwise this forum would be awash with comments containing 'Rosbif' and 'Frogs'.

People are voting for a Scotland win as they are looking good and are at home, plus are kind of the underdog as Scotland have been poor in the six nations for about a decade. Well these are my reasons...

Despite what this forum portrays, I honestly think most English like most of the Welsh.

Fixed that. There are a few that are just beyond liking.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

Someone said England are absolute Bankers for the game against Italy - I've always thought of them like that - Good team Whistle thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Toohey Wed 27 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

Still a well over a week away

The vote is changeable as the games close in to reflect changes in opinion.

Multiple ID's? Take your tin hat off. If you don't want to gather people’s opinions don't put the polls up? Or maybe caveat them with 'please only vote if you think Wales are going to win'.

I seem to remember you getting all uppity when people dared to suggest Argentina might beat Wales. Crazy b*stards...

Toohey

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 27 Feb 2013, 5:00 pm

Well - bets that those who voted for Italy also voted for Wales...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 27 Feb 2013, 5:32 pm

Ire/Fra - are Fra up for another tough away game? 50/50 (betting not score)

Sco/Wal - are Sco really going to achieve their fantasy dark-horse status? Will it rain? 50/50 (div both by 10 for score)

Eng/Ita - nuff said
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 27 Feb 2013, 5:37 pm

England

Scotland

France

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Feb 2013, 5:41 pm

England
Wales
France thumbsup Get your money on it

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:21 pm

England
Scotland
France

I had gone for Wales but when i saw Maes and Morg crying i just had to join in the fun. I believe the common parlance is 'lol'?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:25 pm

RubyGuby wrote:England
Wales
France thumbsup Get your money on it

That was my shout, though Ireland and Scotland will make it hard I think. Don't want to underestimate Italy but I will be truly disappointed if we don't score tries (plural) at Twickers
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:37 pm

Last time Wales came to murrayfield it was a total shambles from Scotland. Scotland were being bigged up by pundits and I think they even became last minute favourites. Then Wales tore us a new one. I really do think Wales are our Achilles heel, we always seem to muck it up against them. So I think Wales will actually walk this fixture despite the fact I really want scotland to beat them!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

tomhughesnice wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

I live here in England, and yes, most English like the Welsh.

As for your reasons, well let's just say we hear the same thing every year. I think this Scotland team need to be a lot better to beat Wales and I don't see them getting much better within just over a week.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
tomhughesnice wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

I live here in England, and yes, most English like the Welsh.

As for your reasons, well let's just say we hear the same thing every year. I think this Scotland team need to be a lot better to beat Wales and I don't see them getting much better within just over a week.

I agree, we live in England too now. Never see any discrimination at all that reflects some of the pathetic vitriol spouted by certain people on here.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:35 am

Must be all that English that aren't real rugby fans.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:41 am

Wales are thinking about playing England and denying them the grand slam.

Wales: England is the important match for you guys. Don't worry about Scotland - you just need to turn up, play a bit, and save your energy for England. You can even enjoy a good Friday night in the shopping trolleys of Edinburgh. Scotland will wish you every success.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:43 am

Alex_Germany wrote:Wales are thinking about playing England and denying them the grand slam.

Wales: England is the important match for you guys. Don't worry about Scotland - you just need to turn up, play a bit, and save your energy for England. You can even enjoy a good Friday night in the shopping trolleys of Edinburgh. Scotland will wish you every success.

Not strictly accurate. Wales will need to score some points too.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:48 am

England will beat Italy, I'm 99% sure, unless Lancaster has a mental breakdown and decides to play Borthwick on the wing or something. That is how unlikely I think it is they will lose. Probably a 20 point difference at least.

I hope Scotland win.

But I said it against Ireland before the game, if we don't sort out our rucks it'll be a very long afternoon. It was exactly that, but fortunately Ireland's cockups were our saving grace and we managed to get away from that game with a win. If we do the same against Wales I can't see them going lightly on us. Therefore I'm going to go with Wales, but if Scotland sort out rucking, who knows?

France v Ireland... well it depends on who Kidney goes with I feel. If he puts faith in young Paddy and Marshall again, I can see Ireland actually beating the French having learnt the harsh way from Scotland. Either way it'll be tight, maybe 7 points in it.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:49 am

tomhughesnice wrote:

Well, I like most Welsh and French I've met, but surely its the Welsh who speak a silly language that no one understands.

(And as for when they speak Welsh ...)

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:52 am

t1000advancedprototype wrote:
Alex_Germany wrote:Wales are thinking about playing England and denying them the grand slam.

Not strictly accurate. Wales will need to score some points too.

Good point. Wales: You need to turn up and play Champagne rugby from the go. Ball straight from flyhalf to wing every time. Bring on Hook and a few other backs instead of the front row. Remember, forwards win matches, backs decide by how much. Rest the forwards for the following week.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:07 am

Effervescing Elephant wrote:England
Scotland
France

I had gone for Wales but when i saw Maes and Morg crying i just had to join in the fun. I believe the common parlance is 'lol'?

Despite the fact that that's a pretty fair prediction...

+1

clap

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

So - not many folk fancy Wales to win :-)

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

Scotland need to improve to beat Wales, who always seem to find a way of beating the Scots. I think at Murrayfield, it will be very close but think the boys in blue can take this one.

Got a feeling Ireland will see off France in Dublin. They need to be far more clinical but their attack looked excellent v Scotland.

England will stick a few on the Italians.

Three home wins.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:11 am

9/10 thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:04 pm

Alex_Germany wrote:
tomhughesnice wrote:

Well, I like most Welsh and French I've met, but surely its the Welsh who speak a silly language that no one understands.

(And as for when they speak Welsh ...)

laughing

I get that feeling walking round Newcastle. I'm getting used to it now, but when I first arrived I kept finding myself thinking 'I wonder where they're from....' before eventually twigging that they are the locals.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

The improvements Scotland need to make are achievable. All of what was missing from the rucking can be fixed with players willing to take on board what the coaches say. There is enough talent, it needs utilising and that is up to the players. Wales equally have everything in their armoury to win this handsomely if they set about the task the right way. To be honest, I think Scotlnd will improve from where they were against Ireland. There's a bit more belief after waving the get out of jail free card and that maybe enough to spark something. The balance is slightly in Wales' favour pre match but the first 20mins is going to be very interesting.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Thu 28 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

Ireland at 9% versus France at 23%?

If it had been after the first week, the thinking would be reversed.

I think Ireland - France in Dublin is too difficult to call. Could go either way. Ireland are a good side, with some injuries. If the France A team turn up, it'll be close. If their B team turn up, Ireland will win easy.

Three wins might be enough for second place, and Ireland are still pushing for that.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

Scotland
France

I had gone for Wales but when i saw Maes and Morg crying i just had to join in the fun. I believe the common parlance is 'laugh out loud'?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:14 pm

The players aren't thinking that. And honestly, we hear the same thing from the Scots and English about Scotland beating Wales every year. And when Wales win it's all "I can't believe Scotland played that badly."

With that said, it'll be interesting to play a Scotland who have won two 6 Nations games in a row.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

Alex_Germany wrote:Ireland at 9% versus France at 23%?

If it had been after the first week, the thinking would be reversed.

I think Ireland - France in Dublin is too difficult to call. Could go either way. Ireland are a good side, with some injuries. If the France A team turn up, it'll be close. If their B team turn up, Ireland will win easy.

Three wins might be enough for second place, and Ireland are still pushing for that.

I am a little more than surprised at the Ireland vs France vote...? Ireland played very well last week, they are a good team with plenty of ability.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:28 pm

On this thread

Scotland 43
Wales 29

And on the other thread

SCOTLAND 33
WALES 25

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

Morgannwg wrote:
Scotland
France

I had gone for Wales but when i saw Maes and Morg crying i just had to join in the fun. I believe the common parlance is 'laugh out loud'?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I feel bad now. I'll change my vote back to Wales!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:01 am

I think Scotland are going to have to raise their game significantly from last week, so I've gone for a narrow Welsh victory. Elsewhere I think England should Italy and France's woes can't carry on surely?!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

And so it came to pass (again) thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm

Interesting in reflection

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:35 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Scotland
France

Despite the fact that that's a pretty fair prediction...

+1

clap

Too bad your prediction was incorrect for the third time on the bounce. I hope you enjoy your 8 points (+) loss in Cardiff! Bye for now.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:40 am

Will it be a moral victory if Wales beat England but dont win the title?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:58 am

Beating them would be a victory. What's moral about it? Losing the final game and still winning the tournament is a bit different to say, losing an early game but winning the finale and then the tournament.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 11 Mar 2013, 2:11 am

I guess youre right then...there are no morals here...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down