The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland v Wales - SELL OUT

+11
Shifty
t1000advancedprototype
rainbow-warrior
George Carlin
Morgannwg
IanBru
majesticimperialman
RubyGuby
LondonTiger
RuggerRadge2611
sirBiggles
15 posters

Go down

Scotland v Wales - SELL OUT Empty Scotland v Wales - SELL OUT

Post by sirBiggles Wed Feb 27 2013, 13:48

Just heard on Radio Wales that the Scotland v Wales game has been announced as a sellout... Which is great (especially as I have my tickets Very Happy )...

Anyone, any ideas if the other Murrayfield games have been sold out, or is this a result of last week's win for Scotland and maybe with Wales still chasing the title (all bar in a mamoth score line way), is it more of my countrymen deciding to journey north next week.

Either way, it'll be a pint of heavy for me from next Thursday.... and I cant wait Yahoo

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Wales - SELL OUT Empty Re: Scotland v Wales - SELL OUT

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Feb 27 2013, 13:53

This game always sells out.

I got my tickets as soon as they were available. Noone gives better Banter on match day than the Welsh IMO so it was a no-brainer this one.

I was always going to be going to this match.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Feb 27 2013, 13:54

Reported attaendance for Ireland game (on ESPN) was 67,006. With reported capacity of 67,130 I woudl guess that was a sell-out and he missing 124 failed to attend.

Attendance for Italy was 50,247 - so not a sell out.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 27 2013, 17:45

Its always a sell out - over 50 thousand welsh fans are going up as usual thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Wed Feb 27 2013, 18:35

I would have thought the game is a sell out, as you say, Sco/Wal always is.. but there are always tickets available till the week before on the SRU Web site.. Noticed that in the past as well...

Perhaps our Scottish cousins like waiting till the last minute in case of any discounts..... Not that I'm making any stereo-typical comparisons there ... Hug

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed Feb 27 2013, 18:53

Is this sell out more to do with the fact that both teams are on 2 wins apiece? or is this a normal thing for this game?

Either way lets hope the game is as good as every is expecting it too be.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27 2013, 19:02

majesticimperialman wrote:Is this sell out more to do with the fact that both teams are on 2 wins apiece? or is this a normal thing for this game?

Either way lets hope the game is as good as every is expecting it too be.

No. It's more to do with the fact that a lot of Welsh people make this trip, yet alone whatever Scots go. A few years back there were 40000 Welsh people in Edinburgh for the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed Feb 27 2013, 20:41

Risca Rev wrote:A few years back there were 40000 Welsh people in Edinburgh for the weekend.
True, but how many of them were lured there by false rumours of a cheese on toast festival?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27 2013, 20:56

IanBru wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:A few years back there were 40000 Welsh people in Edinburgh for the weekend.
True, but how many of them were lured there by false rumours of a cheese on toast festival?

I think it was a Buckfast festival, if memory serves.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 27 2013, 22:17

I think the Scotland v Wales fixture is historically one of the biggest attended - Indeed, not so long ago it held the record for the largest ever attendance for a rugby union match, and remains so for the United Kingdom, with 104,000 watching Scotland play Wales in 975 for a Five Nations match. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Feb 27 2013, 22:23

Of course. Why would a game against the Grand Slammers not sell out? Good luck Wooden Spooners!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Feb 28 2013, 06:07

No sheep are safe in Edinburgh this weekend.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Thu Feb 28 2013, 07:00

Many Welsh travel to Paris, Dublin and Edinburgh even if they do not have a ticket. The same will never be said of London though.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu Feb 28 2013, 07:57

Wales by 30.

All this Scottish confidence will add to Wales' arsenal.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:19

rainbow-warrior wrote:Many Welsh travel to Paris, Dublin and Edinburgh even if they do not have a ticket. The same will never be said of London though.

Apparently there are over 70,000 Welsh people living in London already. Perhaps why home matches were held at Wembly when the MS was built?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:20

LondonTiger wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:Many Welsh travel to Paris, Dublin and Edinburgh even if they do not have a ticket. The same will never be said of London though.

Apparently there are over 70,000 Welsh people living in London already. Perhaps why home matches were held at Wembly when the MS was built?

May aswell have the Oz, NZ and Irish home matches at Wembley too!

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:22

There are over 50 years histroy between 100's of clubs in Scotland and Wales and the exchange has fostered many friendships and even marriages. My original team Glynneath have been playing and travelling to Hawick and vice versa since the early 60's. It's more than rugby and has the postive tradition attached that many of us hold on to - where friendships for life are fostered long after the result is forgotten. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:26

t1000advancedprototype wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

May aswell have the Oz, NZ and Irish home matches at Wembley too!

And France maybe Very Happy After all last year the French embassy reckoned that the number of French living in London was greater than all but their 4 biggest cities.

I have to say it has been a little while since I attended an England/Wales game at Twickenham - but last time the West End of London was full off red jerseyed men. So if they do not travel to London, must be because they live here?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:27

RubyGuby wrote:There are over 50 years histroy between 100's of clubs in Scotland and Wales and the exchange has fostered many friendships and even marriages. My original team Glynneath have been playing and travelling to Hawick and vice versa since the early 60's. It's more than rugby and has the postive tradition attached that many of us hold on to - where friendships for life are fostered long after the result is forgotten. thumbsup

Was it 2010 where the lad in Glynneath flashed his willy live on BBC Wales news?

Amazing.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Feb 28 2013, 08:28

t1000advancedprototype wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:There are over 50 years histroy between 100's of clubs in Scotland and Wales and the exchange has fostered many friendships and even marriages. My original team Glynneath have been playing and travelling to Hawick and vice versa since the early 60's. It's more than rugby and has the postive tradition attached that many of us hold on to - where friendships for life are fostered long after the result is forgotten. thumbsup

Was it 2010 where the lad in Glynneath flashed his willy live on BBC Wales news?

Amazing.

Whistle Run

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu Feb 28 2013, 21:10

RubyGuby wrote:Its always a sell out - over 50 thousand welsh fans are going up as usual thumbsup

Yup that's my take on it as well, as I understand it since 2005 the Welsh fans have out numbered the Scottish ones at Murrayfield every time!
In 2005 I hardly saw any blue in the stands! I guess we will have to wait till the anthems to see whos loudest this year. thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu Feb 28 2013, 21:59

Shifty wrote:In 2005 I hardly saw any blue in the stands! I guess we will have to wait till the anthems to see whos loudest this year. thumbsup
Cardiff representation was really poor at the All Wales Ladies Softball Championships.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu Feb 28 2013, 22:00

Do a lot of South Africans live in London? They seem to turn up to Cardiff in their masses. Nice people too.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri Mar 01 2013, 01:07

Shifty wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Its always a sell out - over 50 thousand welsh fans are going up as usual thumbsup

Yup that's my take on it as well, as I understand it since 2005 the Welsh fans have out numbered the Scottish ones at Murrayfield every time!
In 2005 I hardly saw any blue in the stands! I guess we will have to wait till the anthems to see whos loudest this year. thumbsup

That is because Rugby just isn't as popular a sport as Club Football in Scotland.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 01 2013, 07:00

Shifty wrote:

It goes much further back than that. Welsh fans have always enjoyed the march north. The scots have fantastic banter and are exceptional hosts.

Likewise with the scots treking down to cardiff. I remember leaving the Arms park in the rain back in 94 and I was amazed at the number of scots around town. Tens of thousand s had made the trip.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri Mar 01 2013, 07:12

maestegmafia wrote:It goes much further back than that. Welsh fans have always enjoyed the march north. The scots have fantastic banter and are exceptional hosts.

Likewise with the scots treking down to cardiff. I remember leaving the Arms park in the rain back in 94 and I was amazed at the number of scots around town. Tens of thousand s had made the trip.

94 one of my favorite years!
Garin Jenkins batters the Scottish pack by himself, and Wales smash them off the park, 29-6 with Rayer scoring 2 tries and Ieuan Evans getting a great one at the end against Gavin Hastings! Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Sun Mar 03 2013, 20:10

Scotland and Ireland my favourite trips...
Italy good but different...
England, not a good trip if I'm honest. Last time I was there, I had English asking me what football team I supported as they didn't recognise the shirt.. I know the new jersey's are football esque, but on 6 Nations weekend you think they'd have an idea. But I suppose that is why the trip to London isn't held in such esteem as the others. It is simply down to it not being a centre of Rugby...
Paris, I still haven't done...... well not for a 6 Nations game as a fan... Flown a few fans there in my time though...

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 20:21

I can't do it this year (as I'm overseas), but a few Risca supporters catch a specially laid on train to Edinburgh to attend the game. It sounds such a laugh that I can't wait for 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun Mar 03 2013, 21:01

Sir Biggles, I have memories (just) of being a student in Edinburgh 1977 and being amazed at the number of Welsh lads arriving on the Thursday for the Saturday match. Good company to drink with as I recall.
This year I am returning north with eldest son and James the ex-rugby league prop neither of whom have been to a 6N game before. Just to add fuel to the fire after yesterday's game our club president, recently reinstated after the Essex constabulary served a 10 mile exclusion order on him and his family, asked if when in Edinburgh I would do him a favour and have a "quiet drink" with a couple of his mates in Edinburgh. I think it'll be a cracking match but more than that I believe it'll be a real rugby weekend.
All together now.."Guide me now thou....

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Mar 04 2013, 07:44

Just had the option of a couple of tickets from some old friends who can't go. We have been away abroad for a while so thought it better to stay home this weekend but watched Skyfall last night and thought a trip up to see friends in the Càrn Gorm's with a day in Edinburgh on the way would be a wonderful trip....!

I was just wondering if I can rent a silver DB4 Aston for the drive north from Edinburgh.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Mon Mar 04 2013, 07:47

jimbopip wrote:Sir Biggles, I have memories (just) of being a student in Edinburgh 1977 and being amazed at the number of Welsh lads arriving on the Thursday for the Saturday match. Good company to drink with as I recall.
This year I am returning north with eldest son and James the ex-rugby league prop neither of whom have been to a 6N game before. Just to add fuel to the fire after yesterday's game our club president, recently reinstated after the Essex constabulary served a 10 mile exclusion order on him and his family, asked if when in Edinburgh I would do him a favour and have a "quiet drink" with a couple of his mates in Edinburgh. I think it'll be a cracking match but more than that I believe it'll be a real rugby weekend.
All together now.."Guide me now thou....

"Guide me now thou beyond the gainline" Scot's anthem

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:22

Most people don't know the secret 4th version of Bread of Heaven:

"Place thy bread upon the grill rack,
Pilgrim cheese upon thee lay;
Blesseth thee, thy HP Fruity,
Bubbling crust sustain my day;
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more."
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:30

George Carlin wrote:Most people don't know the secret 4th version of Bread of Heaven:

"Place thy bread upon the grill rack,
Pilgrim cheese upon thee lay;
Blesseth thee, thy HP Fruity,
Bubbling crust sustain my day;
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more."

The HP. Fruity is a contentious line many would see as blasphemous but very good all the same mate...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:50

OK Maes. You cannot be suggesting Lea & Perrins instead, though?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:54

George Carlin wrote: OK Maes. You cannot be suggesting Lea & Perrins instead, though?

Personally "suzies hot sauce" from Antigua. Other option it Franks Hot Sauce from Buffalo NY.

To be fare, not only does HP fruity fit in well lyrically I also haven't tried it in a cheese toastie or rarebit.

I will give it a go this lunch time for sure.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:55

Maes - I think that would be a DB5 thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Mar 04 2013, 09:03

Is it...?

I couldn't remember which. So far all I can find online is modern apart from a lovely Austin Healey 3000 roadster, might be a dash chilly for that, there is an E-type...!

Can't find a DB4 or 5

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down