The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

+18
Thomond
Lowlandbrit
crazy_dave23
sodhat
Bull
Number-25
mikeygnfl
Derbyblue
Good Golly I'm Olly
Take it to the house
twelve283
Pr4wn
Colan (niner)
CFCNick
cherriesfna
BamBam
NYJ
GSC
22 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 14 Empty Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

Post by GSC Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Since threads seem to go to 1000 posts

Free Agency:
Mike Wallace, Daniel Ellerbe to Miami
Martellus Bennett to Chicago
Paul Kruger to Cleveland
Greg Toler + 3 head to Colts
Andy Levitre to Tennessee

Last edited by GSC on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

Post by cherriesfna Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

GSC wrote:The wide 9 is pretty similar to where Clemons lines up. Avril is a meh player.

eh, probably better than irvin.

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:34 am

True. I'd still b praying for Clemons to get healthy however
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

yes i am, leader in sacks for 3 season now, we need him
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

Bennett is a great pickup. Excellent DE against the run and has superb strength to rush the passer. Can't believe we didn't make more of an effort to pick him up.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:49 am

GSC wrote:A few more thoughts

I like the Greg Toler deal. He's a good #2 and underrated CB.
That said, Erik Walden. What on earth was that.

No idea what the chargers are doing. King Dunlap was one of the worst OL I've ever seen and they make him a priority.

I like the pickup of Harvin. It's a move a team a few pieces away can make. That said Avril and Bennett are very meh. Clemons needs to get healthy.

Lets hope the Miami dream team is more heat than Eagles. Gives them a spark at least.

Paging Geno Smith to Buffalo. The Bills are coming up for him.

The Jets would be wise to sign Kolb. Dude can play with protection.

Bennett is a fantastic signing. He was the best DE on the market. If Cliff Avril can forget 2012, he'll be a good addition too.

I agree about Kolb. I hope we get him.He would be perfect for our WCO.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:40 am

Few more, like Keenan Lewis to NO, versatile young player

Def a buyers market at CB

DRC and Pot Roast are masterstrokes for Denver

Not resigning Welker will bite the Pats this season. Way undervalued their best receiver last year. I like Amendola but he isn't Welker.

Tackle the last interesting spot in FA. Vollmers market has been quiet, expect Long to land in StL. Smith back to cincy I suspect
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:53 am

Would love Vollmer to Tampa, he's a stud and we have a need at RT.

Brent Grimes still available too.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:04 pm

Welker was being fazed out last season. In Weeks 1 and 2 (when Hernandez was healthy), He only had 62.7 and 76.8 percent of snaps. Hernandez got injured, as well as Gronk and Edelman at times, so they had to lean on Welker again. The Pats went after Amendola as soon as Welker hit the market. They had a clear plan to replace Welker. I can see the TE's being the focal point once again in 2013, if they stay healthy. I don't think Amendola will get 150 targets like Welker did.

So to summarise, I don't think they will miss him because they will adapt their system to account for his loss/replacement.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:03 pm

NYJ wrote:Welker was being fazed out last season. In Weeks 1 and 2 (when Hernandez was healthy), He only had 62.7 and 76.8 percent of snaps. Hernandez got injured, as well as Gronk and Edelman at times, so they had to lean on Welker again. The Pats went after Amendola as soon as Welker hit the market. They had a clear plan to replace Welker. I can see the TE's being the focal point once again in 2013, if they stay healthy. I don't think Amendola will get 150 targets like Welker did.

So to summarise, I don't think they will miss him because they will adapt their system to account for his loss/replacement.

Spot on NYJ, the offence will evolve just like it did when Moss left, and with the TE's got trhough the draft. I think we'll see a lot more of Vereen this next season, whether lined up at RB, or spread out, they like him against LB's.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:06 pm

Yeah, Vereen was effective when used as a wideout. Absolutely torched Bart Scott on one play I remember.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

[quote="Pr4wn"]Would love Vollmer to Tampa, he's a stud and we have a need at RT.
quote]

I so so hope we keep Vollmer. He is the one guy we absolutely have to re-sign. Have said so all the way through.

Welker going is a blow, it'll be interesting to see how he fits in Denver's offence, as I saw PFF tweet they use the slot a lot further down the field than the Pats do.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:11 pm

We'll see. Losing 120 catches and 1200 yards has got to hurt, especially when hes Brady's most reliable target and Gronk and Hernandez continue to get nicked up. Establishing a rapport with Amendola quickly will be paramount I imagine.

Poor Bart Scott.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:15 pm

Losing Welker will hurt, of course it will. Losing a player of that quality always hurts.

Gronk staying fit is paramount for us. He stays fit for a whole season, we're going deep in the playoffs barring any major injuries (ie. Brady)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:48 pm

GSC wrote:DRC and Pot Roast are masterstrokes for Denver
What the ....? Who is called Pot Roast?

Olly wrote:
NYJ wrote:Welker was being fazed out last season. In Weeks 1 and 2 (when Hernandez was healthy), He only had 62.7 and 76.8 percent of snaps. Hernandez got injured, as well as Gronk and Edelman at times, so they had to lean on Welker again. The Pats went after Amendola as soon as Welker hit the market. They had a clear plan to replace Welker. I can see the TE's being the focal point once again in 2013, if they stay healthy. I don't think Amendola will get 150 targets like Welker did.

Spot on NYJ, the offence will evolve just like it did when Moss left, and with the TE's got trhough the draft. I think we'll see a lot more of Vereen this next season, whether lined up at RB, or spread out, they like him against LB's.
As you've been saying the issue here is the durability of your TE's, have to assume you're going to be adding a WR early so you can have the 2WR 2TE 1RB set up.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:49 pm

Terrence Knighton's nickname is Pot Roast
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 2:20 pm

One point of the Eagles signings. At the start of FA they didn't have a 3-4 NT, or OLB. They needed 2 CBs on the outside an 2 safeties.

Now with those spots fille with solid players, they're free to go BPA at 4
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 2:52 pm

GSC wrote:One point of the Eagles signings. At the start of FA they didn't have a 3-4 NT, or OLB. They needed 2 CBs on the outside an 2 safeties.

Now with those spots fille with solid players, they're free to go BPA at 4
That's probably the bottom line when it comes to evaluating some of the Eagles signings so far - if they want to play a 34 then they need 34 personnel, simples. Take the Barwin signing for example, Eagles need 34OLBs and Barwin was probably one of the top two available as a FA along with Paul Kruger, unless you think James Harrison still has something left in the tank. Eagles got Barwin for $36m over 6 years with only $8m guaranteed while the Browns had to give Kruger $40m over 5 years with $20m of it guaranteed, i'd say good deal for Philadelphia who aquired a player with experience in the 34 at both S and WOLB positions and it appears to be a low risk contract.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:06 pm

Jets sign Mike Goodson (3 years $6.9m). Decent signing that will fit in well with our new WCO. Pleasing.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:14 pm

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Patriots signed former Bills WR Donald Jones.

Hmmm.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:30 pm

Olly wrote:Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Patriots signed former Bills WR Donald Jones.

Hmmm.
That will get those AFC East CBs shaking in their boots... Still say you add somebody in the draft.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:33 pm

Roach agrees deal with Oakland apparently, expect Urlacher to sign a deal with us now and Olgetree in the draft.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

Kevin Kolb has been released after a failed attempt to restructure him.

To New York.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:39 pm

Kevin Kolb really is a case of the Jets lucking out. He'd be willing to take a low number this year I imagine which escalates once Sanchez's contract is gone.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Roach agrees deal with Oakland apparently, expect Urlacher to sign a deal with us now and Olgetree in the draft.

Looks like that is correct and we have more or less set our starters at LB in the next year with Burris, Maiava and Roach.

If the cap allows it I imagine McClain will be cut, but he actually costs more to cut than he does to keep so he may well just have to sit for a while dependant on other moves.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:54 pm

GSC wrote:Kevin Kolb really is a case of the Jets lucking out. He'd be willing to take a low number this year I imagine which escalates once Sanchez's contract is gone.

No way. It will be a QB competition in training canp. We're not going to pay him a lot of money and I'd be surprised/upset if it was more than a 1 year deal.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

Depends how much Kolb has leverage. Could be a popular name for a few teams. Could be a 3 year deal with a get out next year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

Depends who's after him but I'd expect we are a desirable destination. Any average QB would think they can win the starting job.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

Same could be said of Buffalo however, who have a better supporting cast.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

So put Kolb firmly atop the list of FA QBs. Flynn another name to potentially add.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm

Emmanuel Sanders will visit NE. Would cost a 3rd to sign away from pittsburgh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:18 pm

GSC wrote:So put Kolb firmly atop the list of FA QBs. Flynn another name to potentially add.

And Carson Palmer Whistle

Looks like the Bills want to take Geno Smith in the draft. Hopefully they'll trade up for him.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

Looks like the Bills want to take Geno Smith in the draft. Hopefully they'll trade up for him..

I suspect this is why the Eagles workout of Smith was so publicised. Either somebody trades up to their spot, or somebody jumps out ahead of them and Milliner/Jordan are there for sure.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:22 pm

I think it's why the Jags and Chiefs, as well as Oakland have made a point to look at Smith publicly. Very few people worth trading up for and if a QB needy team wants him hopefully they'll jump up.

There is a risk that the Raiders take him at 3 though. I hope it doesn't happen, but it might mean people need to trade higher than #4 to be certain.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:53 pm

GSC wrote:Looks like the Bills want to take Geno Smith in the draft. Hopefully they'll trade up for him..

I suspect this is why the Eagles workout of Smith was so publicised. Either somebody trades up to their spot, or somebody jumps out ahead of them and Milliner/Jordan are there for sure.
Browns have been/are going to be working him out too, but I expect it's just due dilligence/to try to make people trade, of course there is always the chance they see him as a genuine franchise quarterback. Obviously there is always the chance Bills go for Nassib with the Syracuse connection, but we can't really rule out any QB for them.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

I should just start a GSC's random thoughts

I'm not a great fan of Jackson to Atlanta. The kind of offense Atlanta wants to run calls for more for a big play threat out of the backfield. I really like Jackson, but hes more of a workhorse with the tread on his tyres. Somebody had a stat of carries 1-10 in a game he averages around 4-4.5 YPC, 11-20, around 3.5.

As I say, I like Jackson, but I feel at this point, a younger and cheaper back in the draft might suit their style more..
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:23 pm

2013 NFL Idiot of the Year locked up already

http://deadspin.com/broncos-safety-arrested-in-vegas-for-allegedly-cheating-453828012?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

Kyle 'Perfect QB Rating' Arrington returns to NE on a 4 year deal
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:40 pm

GSC wrote:I should just start a GSC's random thoughts

I'm not a great fan of Jackson to Atlanta. The kind of offense Atlanta wants to run calls for more for a big play threat out of the backfield. I really like Jackson, but hes more of a workhorse with the tread on his tyres. Somebody had a stat of carries 1-10 in a game he averages around 4-4.5 YPC, 11-20, around 3.5.

As I say, I like Jackson, but I feel at this point, a younger and cheaper back in the draft might suit their style more..

He's an all round back that can pass block. He'll get a lot more nickel defense than he did in St Louis. I think it's a good signing to share the load with Quizz. He's bound to hit a wall soon though.

I disagree that they need a big play back. They need someone to keep the defense honest and be a check down option. Jackson provides that.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 6:08 pm

I guess we'll agree to disagree like always Laugh

Jake Long has left St Louis without a contract
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 15 Mar 2013, 6:13 pm

GSC wrote:Kyle 'Perfect QB Rating' Arrington returns to NE on a 4 year deal

I could maybe understand a 1/2 year deal but 4 years?!?! Yikes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 6:13 pm

Danny Woodhead signs with the Chargers

Arrington gets 4 years, 16m, 8.5m guaranteed
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:28 pm

Louis Delmas returns to Detroit after all.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm

Elvis Dumervil remains in Denver
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:50 pm

Jets signed Willie Colon.

Another one in the pile of good signing if hes healthy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:05 pm

Matt Shaughnessy to the Cards on a 1 year deal
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:11 pm

Cowboys move to franchise Spencer appears to have backfired with the DE market stalling.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:14 pm

Apparently Dumervil is being released

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:16 pm

Seems like his contract wasn't restructured in time

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:17 pm

Yep, Dumervil goes. Imagine he may resign however in the circumstances
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:20 pm

Agent didn't fax the contract apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next