The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread

+37
funnyExiledScot
highland_scot
tigertattie
Pat_Mustard
Hound_of_Harrow
Tattie Scones RRN
MacKnocked-on
NeilyBroon
lauriehow
Taffineastbourne
Heuer27
RubyGuby
GLove39
Shifty
TJ1
Cardiff Taffy
reallybored
jimbopip
Morgannwg
glamorganalun
100%beefy
flyhalffactory
Scrumdown
Imperialbigdave
DrTreasure
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
thomh
RDW
cakeordeath
thebluesmancometh
doctornickolas
Glas a du
nobbled
LondonTiger
majesticimperialman
George Carlin
41 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread - Page 6 Empty Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread

Post by George Carlin Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, I didn't see the game last night but it sounds like it was ruined as a spectacle from the outset by Liza Minelli Joubert.

Where are we now as a team? What do we know? Does our current placing reflect accurately where we are as a squad?

It seems to me (admittedly, not having seen the game, so I'll need your help) that:

1. The lack of time together with the squad and management has told? We didn't have much time with SJ and DR and it has ultimately showed. A 'back to basics' approach was necessary for us but also expedient as we didn't have the opportunity to consider more complex structures. I think what I'm saying is that you cannot blame the coaches for this. The core of the Welsh team have been together for years and that cohesiveness, especially in defense, seems to show when it counts.

2. Our set piece is good, provided that horrendous refeering does not do us a disservice.

3. However, just because we are solid defensively, adopting what is clearly a pre-ascertained strategy of not playing in our own half puts a lot of pressure on us defensively. Ironically, it does not play to our current strengths, which is giving our back three a chance with ball in hand.

4. We are missing Rennie and Barclay desperately. I don't think that it's sustainable to play Harley instead of Barclay or Fusaro in the next match. We need a fetcher.

5. I think that the value of Scott Johnson as a coach will diminish considerably if the SRU cannot persuade Dean Ryan to stay on. All good coaching set-ups are team affairs (Henry and Wayne, Mallett and Meehan, Dingo Deans and his sock puppet).

6. Unless we beat France, I am minded not to try and describe this campaign as a success. Mathematically we cannot finish bottom but with this group of players, I actually expected better.

What are your thoughts about where we are now?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread

Post by Morgannwg Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 am

It's also funny that Wales fans are not allowed to critique another team, and then they get told they are WUMs by fans that keep looking to point out irrelevant flaws in the Wales team. It's also funny that Wales only won because we got away with murder at the scrums and breakdown, and apparently everyone in Wales thinks so too. Too funny.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Post Scotland v Wales: Scotland consolidation thread

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:25 am

I'm refusing to get drawn into all that. I just thought I deserved an opportunity to defend myself again, after all the unwarranted attacks on here for the heinous crime of discussing rugby. Shame the guy who mostly took me to task on it, decided not to discuss any points raised and instead tried to show me up on a word that although not literally correct, is commonly used and then he took the soft way out and blocked me.

I have learned a valuable lesson though. It's easy to sling wum accusations around and it's easy to be selective when criticising some people for "going off topic on a thread" and allowing it from other posters.

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 am

I didn't actually block you. You generally make good points in posts and add to the discussion, just not on this thread. So I choose to ignore you, as our conversation was going way off-topic and dragging it down.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 am

Morganwegg and Rev on this thread and on others have behaved badly posting posts intended to provoke a negative reaction - well you got the reaction and we do not want you on these boards. You are not welcome with your personal attacks on people and your inability to accept any criticism.

this thread was to get away from the appalling behaviour on the match thread and to discuss Scotland - so you came over here to wreck this one.

Your actions are unpleasant. the boards would be better without you.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 am

Well that's fair enough then. It wasn't my intention to disrupt this thread, nor stick the boot into Scotland (for reasons mentioned).

Best of luck for Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 am

TJ wrote:Morganwegg and Rev on this thread and on others have behaved badly posting posts intended to provoke a negative reaction - well you got the reaction and we do not want you on these boards. You are not welcome with your personal attacks on people and your inability to accept any criticism.

this thread was to get away from the appalling behaviour on the match thread and to discuss Scotland - so you came over here to wreck this one.

Your actions are unpleasant. the boards would be better without you.

I have? Interesting. I think my posting history suggests otherwise, as does the fact that none of my posts have been removed on this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 am

Rev - its how you come over. If its not what you intend then you need to look at your posting style.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 am

I've not read the whole thread, just the last few posts as there have been a sudden mass of reports made to the moderation team.

If you can't all discuss rugby properly without getting personal with each other, I will lock the thread. There won't be another warning.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 am

Ozzy - Can ye send them homeward to think again thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:18 am

I think we should all just agree to shake hands and move on - this thread has definitely passed its sell by date.

Someone fancy making a France build up thread? Will do one tomorrow if no one beats me to it

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:23 am

TJ wrote:Rev - its how you come over. If its not what you intend then you need to look at your posting style.

Funny how I don't see that. I don't know who you think you are telling people to leave the boards etc. I haven't personally attacked anybody (you're not in a position to say that). I have responded with an opinion to people's points (when they have raised them) and stuck to discussing Scottish rugby when I've been allowed to.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:30 am

Right I'm gonna lock this thread now for everyone's sanity - best of luck to the Welsh and onwards and upwards for the Scots!

Any questions pm me.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6