The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro

+4
Good Golly I'm Olly
dummy_half
nasisillmatic
Duty281
8 posters

Go down

England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro Empty England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:18 pm

Keepers: Foster, Hart, Forster.
Defenders: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Dawson, Ferdinand, Johnson, Smalling, Walker.
Midfielders: Carrick, Cleverley, Gerrard, Lampard, Lennon, Milner, Osman, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Young.
Strikers: Defoe, Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck.

Foster, Rio, Dawson and Parker all recalled then. I'm guessing Foster is 3rd choice keeper, Rio's back in because of some decent form (don't think I'd have recalled him though), Dawson's a good choice, and Parker is probably a replacement for the injured Wilshere. Absolutely massive qualifier away to Montenegro - win and we can book the plane tickets, lose and it'll be a summer of uncertainty.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro Empty Re: England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm

The Ox? When did he last start a game for Arsenal?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro Empty Re: England Squad for San Marino and Montenegro

Post by dummy_half Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

We should have enough quality in that squad to win in Montenegro, but we must not take it for granted.

Plenty of quality at fullback and through the midfield, although I'm not sure why we have 4.5 right wingers in the squad (counting Milner as 0.5) but no-one who is really comfortable on the left.

Still think we are missing a quality striker - Sturridge and Welbeck don't really cut it for me, and Defoe at international level I think is better suited to coming off the bench, but I'm not a big fan of Rooney playing as a single central striker (I'm assuming from the balance of the squad that Hodgson is looking at 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 as the starting formation.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:04 pm

I make our best XI from that:

Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Dawson, Baines, Walcott, Gerrard, Carrick/Parker, Young, Rooney, and Welbeck.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:32 pm

Seems to be a distinct lack of Michael Turner chin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

I think Downing is a little unlucky not to be picked, especially with Oxlade-Chamberlain barely getting a game and Ashley Young struggling for form and to keep a place held down.

I imagine the line up will be:

Hart

Johnson
Cahill
Ferdinand
Cole

Gerrard
Parker

Walcott
Rooney
Young

Welbeck/Sturridge

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:49 pm

hart

johnson
cahill
ferdinand
cole

lennon
lampard/cleverley
gerrard
carrick
young

rooney

a real lack of creativity in the middle for me, that where my indecision with lampard/cleverley is

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:50 pm

I reckon it'll be in the 4-5-1/4-3-3 again;

Hart

Johnson
Cahill
Ferdinand
Cole

Gerrard
Carrick
Lampard

Walcott
Rooney
Young/Sturridge
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm

Hart

Johnson
Cahill
Ferdinand
Cole

Lampard
Parker
Cleverley

Sturridge
Rooney
Walcott

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:53 pm

Yeah, because Hodgson is going to leave out his captain and arguably England's best player since Hodgson was appointed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:54 pm

For Scott Parker...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Lampard out and Gerrard in and I can see your logic Nick.

Hart

Johnson
Rio
Cahill
Cole

Cleverley
Carrick
Gerrard

Walcott
Welbeck
Rooney

I'd be tempted by Lennon over Walcott, if only Young was in any form cos hes the better option but has nothing to suggest he'll show it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:18 pm

Hang on, the England squad has changed a bit. Rio Ferdinand out, Lescott in. Dawson out, Caulker in. Cahill out, Taylor in. Lennon is also out.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 Mar 2013, 8:02 pm

I believe Cahill is only out for the first game, but could be fit for the second. It's weird how many people have pulled out, almost as if it's for friendly games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down