The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ?

+4
majesticimperialman
Artful_Dodger
bedfordwelsh
LordDowlais
8 posters

Go down

Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain on Saturday ?

Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Vote_lcap16%Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Vote_lcap84%Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Vote_rcap 84% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 19

Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Empty Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ?

Post by LordDowlais Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 18:48

Is Gethin the right choice for Saturday ? I for one do not think so, he is not vocal enough, although he does lead by example, I would rather have seen Alyn Wyn Jones as captain. But I for one will support him and hope the example he sets at being everywhere rubs off on the rest of the team.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Empty Re: Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ?

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 18:51

Despite finding some form hes also not the best l/head available to us James should have started.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ? Empty Re: Is Gethin Jenkins the right choice for captain ?

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 18:52

I agree - Paul James should be starting.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 19:22

I was thinking about this when i first heared that Gethin had got the Captains job. I was thinking is he the best for Wales? I really dont know to be honest. But should Gethin even be starting the game, especialy when Paul James as been a better player.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 19:22

Paul James really deserves to be playing, i know Gethin has been in the team for a long time now. I think AWJ or Mike would have been the better choice, if not Warbs.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 19:23

Shouldn't even be in the starting 15, Paul James is far stronger in the scrum and we'll need that to compete on Saturday.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:23

I question the importance of the appointment.All senior pros are captains on the park.They all know what is going on and should act accordingly.Effectively the team is captained by committee.Captain just has to talk to media more than the others..This is the hardest part,talking to that daft Scottish woman on the touch line or Inverdale would make the job a poison chalice

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:25

majesticimperialman wrote:I was thinking about this when i first heared that Gethin had got the Captains job. I was thinking is he the best for Wales? I really dont know to be honest. But should Gethin even be starting the game, especialy when Paul James as been a better player.

Paul James has been a better player in a sense that he is probably the better scrummager (ie his primary role), but Jenkins has shown more in the loose with his jackalling etc and has actually been solid enough in the scrums.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:30

I was just thinking as Gethin Jenkins been given the Cataincy because he is the best player for the job?

Or is this Howely's way of giving him( Gethin ) a better chance of being selected for the Lions?...... Given the fact that he is behind Andrew Sheridan in his club, and the fact that he as not played that mutch at top level.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:36

If he was trying to boost Lions prospects Madge, then there would only have been one captain this week and last (Warburton)

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 22:24

We only see what goes on on the pitch and a few post match interviews. We dont see which players are more vocal and hold the greater responsibility and esteem on the training groun or in the team camp. This is what the coaches see and may be where their decisions over captaincy come from. Im sure its not about getting the player on the lions tour.

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down