The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher

+34
MontysMerkin
Tiler76
Skydriver
dynamark
jimbohammers
Seve_The_Great
Dave.
Diggers
Roller_Coaster
monty junior
ALPanorak
GPB
BlueCoverman
1GrumpyGolfer
beninho
Davie
themightyone
mystiroakey
sirbenson
NedB-H
SmithersJones
incontinentia
ralphjohn69
navyblueshorts
princedracula
robopz
Lairdy
Shotrock
super_realist
barragan
boyhyde
McLaren
pedro
kwinigolfer
38 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 8 Empty PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 19 Mar 2013, 6:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).Before we move up Interstate 4 from the course that the Pros consider the best they play in Florida to the course they rate the worst, let's have a look back at last week's Tampa Bay Classic, at Innisbrook's Copperhead Course. Kevin Streelman became the fifth first-time winner on Tour with a marvellous final nine holes which trumped Boo Weekley's best-of-the-week 63.
Streelman beat a good field to secure his maiden victory the right way, with birdies on two tough par-3's and brave, straight-down-the-middle drives on the "Snake Pit's" two par fours.

2).But who is Kevin Streelman? He's 34, middle-aged for a first-time winner, has collected $7M in official prize-winnings as he enjoys his sixth season on Tour, and won a cool $1M as the inaugural winner of the Kodak Challenge in 2009. Despite bursting on the scene in San Diego (twice, as he was joint first-round leader at the Torrey Pines US Open) in 2008, when he led after 36 holes and was grouped with E.T.Woods for Round 3 before fading, his only podium finishes before Tampa were third places in golfing hotbeds of Cancun, Puerto Rico and New Jersey.
Now he's a Tour Champion and the sky's the limit for someone who's always been much more than a journeyman and, by all accounts, one of the nicer guys on Tour. (Especially when he's not reading "the scriptures".)

3).He'll tee it up at Bay Hill this week and he's enjoyed a top ten finish here in the past. One bloke who won't be there is JB Holmes who has broken an ankle roller-blading and will be out of commission for three months. While this portends a pick-up in pace of play on Tour, it sadly suggests also that his brain surgery in 2011 wasn't as succesful as first thought. A terrible start to JB's season and now this.

4).This is one week where it's impossible not to speak of defending champion Tiger Woods. And of course he jump-started coverage of himself by posting mug-shots of Lyndsey and him all over social media and then requested privacy for the smiling couple. Good luck with that, especially following his week's canoodling with Lyndsey on his yacht "Privacy" (nothing if not ironic) during Doral. Las Vegas odds-makers are offering 4-1 against an engagement by January 2015 - I imagine Paddy Power and other reputable houses might offer rather different odds regarding rather different aspects of the joyful coming together of a sex addict and a depressive.

5).Speaking of Tiger, and why not, he was on the radio the other day likening the spotlight's glare on Rory and Wozza with that on himself and, you name her. He also revealed, in the aftermath of his (personal) record of 100 putts at Doral and putting tips from Stricker, that he had indeed offered tips to "Stricks" during last year's FedEx Play-Offs. 'Course, they then travelled together to Medinah and we know how that worked out, don't we. Needless to say he wasn't pressed on that but Thanks Tiger.

6).No tips on the putting green this week, Stricker is back in Wisconsin. But the fact is that Tiger has won here seven times and any consideration of likely winners has to include him. Which will mean that prices for the rest of the field should be generous, if only you can pick someone to beat the favourite. I certainly can't.

7).There's a terrific field on hand, no Luke or Rory, no Charl or Louis, but just about everyone else is in town. Strangely, and as noted last week, this has been a happy hunting ground for GB&I golfers with Martin Laird having won two years ago, Greg Owen incomprehensibly contriving to lose to Pampling in 2006, and decent best finishes by McDowell (2nd twice), Poulter (3rd last year), Rose (3rd in 2011), Davis (4th last year) and Westwood (5th in 2007). David Lynn makes his first visit and, at the other end of the scale, Ross Fisher was DQ'd after one round on his only appearance.
Maybe Justin Rose's turn? Wouldn't put any money on it but there seems to be something in Justin's DNA that has him winning this sort of event, especially after not doing so great coming in. Will playing with Tiger (and Ernie) in Rounds 1 and 2 help or hinder the English petal?

8).A strong web.com field is assembling in Louisiana for the first US-based tournament of the year, and Gary Christian and Russell Knox tee it up for Britain along with 18 Tour winners (and seven more are alternates).

9).While the old farts are in adjacent Mississippi, where Brian Henninger makes his first Champions Tour start. Not many Tour players can say their only two tournament wins were in Mississippi but Henninger certainly can. He was also the guy holding Ben Crenshaw's hand during the final round of Gentle Ben's post-Penick-funeral Masters win in 1995. Chapman, Mouland and Lyle will be there as well, Lyle presumably making his final (and futile) start before Augusta.

10).Easy to be cynical writing notes about the famous and wannabe famous, but much harder to express adequate admiration and appreciation for Stacy Lewis's relentless rise up the Rolex rankings to be Number One in the World.
Her difficulties with scoliosis, spinal fusion, years in a cast are well known, but she was also the first Curtis Cupper to win all five of her matches, at St.Andrews, in 2008, having already won a rain-shortened (and hence unofficial) LPGA event as an amateur. She qualified for the 2008 US Open which she led after three rounds before crumbling with a Sunday 78.
Lewis qualified for the LPGA Tour in the same Q-School as Michelle Wie, receiving far less publicity but winning the event by three shots, Wee Wie finishing six shots back.
Her career has maintained its upward trajectory including a 2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship and, without falderal or fanfare has become the first American since Beth Daniel (in 1994!!) to be LPGA Player of the Year in 2012. Great to see her go from strength to strength, even as she and her caddie go over the Rules Book regarding etiquette in a bunker.
A credit to the LPGA Tour and one of many good reasons why the Tour seems to have bottomed out and is on the rise again.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 8 Empty Re: PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:08 pm

A very impressive couple of performances from Tiger if we include his win at Doral a couple of weeks a go as well. There's just something still about his game though that leads me to believe its still not quite the Tiger we saw pre-scandal. Only an idiot would deny he's not the best player in the world right now by some margin.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 8 Empty Re: PGA Tour: "Arnold Palmer Invitational" etc: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by monty junior Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:13 pm

Well done Tiger, another perfect performance on the greens, 3 wins from 4 PGA strokeplay events, excellent start to the year. Glad to see he's no.1 again, i didn't begrudge McIlroy it as he wins plenty of events but the other guys who have occupied it since 2010 really don't have the aura of a number 1, good to see it back in capable hands.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm

rors doesnt win plenty of events! but he has won 2 good majors.(well no more than what luke won when he was number 1- he had 6 in his year(2011-2012) as did rors(2012)

I wouldnt begrudge any of the number 1's.

But yep LW, MK and LD are not quite on Rors level. thats a given..(woods well now- he is in space!)

But can he win the major..

I hope not(well not the next one anyway)- HE CAN HAVE A FEW later on.. Once the lads that deserve them have had em thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:41 pm

I don't think anyone will come along, not for at least a generation anyway, who will string together wins like Woods, pointless comparing anyone else with his single-minded "greed" for the "W".

No doubt Rory was a better golfer the second half of 2012 but seriously doubt he'll ever win tournaments with the unerring focus of Tiger. 'Course, he may enjoy his wins more than Woods and he certainly has more Majors in the past two years, or five years for that matter. To return to #1 Rory has just got to win big tournaments as he did at the PGA, and the two Play-Off stops - just dominant during that run.

Don't compare Woods to Donald or Kaymer or Westwood though, apples and oranges.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

I hope not(well not the next one anyway)- HE CAN HAVE A FEW later on.. Once the lads that deserve them have had em thumbsup

You only "deserve" them if you win em mysti Smile

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:01 pm

I was never particularly happy when Westwood was number one as he may be a very good player but the fact he's never won a tournament with all the worlds best present takes the shine off slightly. I'm not sure how much it really matters to the pros anyway as im certain any player would take a major over the number one ranking any day.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

monty junior wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

You only "deserve" them if you win em mysti Smile

Yeah in the real world.. Not in mystis

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

Yeah i suppose LW hasnt won many top events. If any.. But i remeember back in his day winning something like 12 events in 18 months on the euro tour. Some acheivement then he got into the no.1 from finishing top 3 in 4 consecutive majors or soemthing like that!

Poulter 2 WGC's
Rose 1 WGC(stroke play)
Donald 1 WGC(match)2 back to back BMW's - and overall 5 pga wins..

All probally top westys wins. However he has won the most by a long way..

Last edited by mystiroakey on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

"Ws" -- it's why every professional golfer puts his tee in the ground.

And I can guarantee you most every other golfer that gets a win enjoys it more that Tiger. Simple math -- it's happens lots less Smile.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:13 pm

I'm sure that's true Seve,
Definition of "poisoned chalice" given the scrutiny that goes with it.

No doubting Rory's credentials though, or Vijay's when he got there.

In Woods's case it also shows just how little he cares about the Ryder Cup, King Of The Hill on certain tracks when playing for himself, just another sam torrance in team play against the best opposition.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Shotrock wrote:"Ws" -- it's why every professional golfer puts his tee in the ground.

And I can guarantee you most every other golfer that gets a win enjoys it more that Tiger. Simple math -- it's happens lots less Smile.

Plus he's a miserable c-word, so doubt there's much that would make him happy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:22 pm

Read the number boys - 77 professional wins in 284 starts. Amazing stuff.

Kwin - He sure might care about the Ryder Cup, but his record speaks for itself.

Mysti - That's the question I suspect he's asking himself every single day.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

Mysti:

I can see what you are saying and believe me i have the up most respect for LW as he's achieved more than i ever will. However it's my belief that if you want to truly claim that you're the best in the world with a golf club in your hands then surely you have to have won at least one of the games bigger events. How can you ever be the best at something if you've never really beaten the best? He's won a lot of european tour events but i think anybody would agree that its a weaker tour than the US and the fact he's only won a couple of events in the states speaks volumes. Super say what you want about Woods but at least he would probably have the spine to carry out a bet he'd made with somebody properly. Also its some what ironic you calling somebody miserable, and a C word for that matter.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:37 pm

Woods does carry out his bets, I'll give him that. Have you seen his beard and hair and the shoes he wears? He must have lost a lot of bets in his time. Also those stupid red shirts on a final day too.

I've already been nice about him today.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

"I've already been nice about him today"

??

Rolling Eyes

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

Thrice in fact.
1. I said he had 8 chiyns.
2. I complemented him on his par 5 play.
3. I said "well done man sausage".

Beyond the call of duty I'd say. thumbsup

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

1 - Not a compliment
2 - Really. did you?
3 - Not a compliment

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

1. It's a compliment to say you have 8 when you really have 9.
2. Yes I did.
3. It's a good a compliment as I could muster.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:51 pm

Correct me if im wrong but i really don't think a world famous billionaire who has a trophy girlfriend and is the best golfer in the world really gives two hoots about what some nobody on a golf forum thinks of something trivial like his shoes. Also the only comment you've posted all day that comes anywhere near to praising him still includes the childish term man sausage. So no you haven't kept to the bet at all and it's nothing more than what i expected.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:55 pm

Yes, I have Seve, look harder.

Sure, he doesn't care but he still looks like a bell end in his rubbish beard (don't american's do REALLY bad facial hair by the way) hilarious hair, , tripping bottom lip, spazzy corrective shoes and pathetic final day red shirt.

Have you got nothing better than direct all of your 31 posts at me?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:55 pm

Sr your a good lad mate. Pay your debts in a manly fashion.. None of this half assed BS..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:58 pm

I have Oakey. Inco didn't define the level of sincerity.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

Super_realist:

Come on even i thought you had more of a spine than this. You quite clearly haven't kept your side of the bet as is quite clear from the fact that three people are all telling you haven't. What surprises me is that you were daft enough to take the bet up in the first place, Tiger's recent form coupled with his ridiculous record at Bay hill meant it was almost a certainty that he'd win this week. Also there's a couple of posts on this very page that aren't directed at you so that was a stupid thing to say. As usual i saw you posting the usual drival which you aren't even meant to be doing at the moment and couldn't resist replying to it.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:06 pm

A guy just got on the bus with the reddest face I've ever seen...shall i ask him if his surname is realist ? Run

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:07 pm

Why don't you mind your own business Seve? You've no chat or no banter at all.
You actually make Woods look like he has a sense of humour the way you carry on.
If Baldy had won last night instead of today, I wouldn't have been expected to start the bet until today as I would be allowed to trash talk him up until the point he won.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:17 pm

In case you haven't noticed Super it's a forum so telling somebody to mind there own business is a bizarre if not hilarious comment to make. Also saying that i have no banter is again ironic seeing as surely keeping your side of the bet would be classed as banter? All im saying is you made a bet in front of everybody and you lost! So why don't you just man up and carry it out? How the hell would you know if Woods has a sense of humour? You don't know the man any better than you know the queen. Sounds like iv hit a nerve anyway.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:22 pm

I've already said that starting the bet today isn't cricket as I've already legitimately had the chance to have a pop at him today.

Christ, even Gael is better at making a joke than both you and Woods. Try a bit of humour in your posts for a change.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:28 pm

The only thing that's humorous is that excuse you've just given for not doing it today. What's the excuse for tomorrow? I prefer to debate golf on a golf forum and not just flood it with bo*****s all the time.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:34 pm

Seve_The_Great wrote:The only thing that's humorous is that excuse you've just given for not doing it today. What's the excuse for tomorrow? I prefer to debate golf on a golf forum and not just flood it with bo*****s all the time.

Really, which of your 33 posts, (most of which have been whining about me) actually constitute a debate?

I think we've found the new Gael, although at least she occasionally had a laugh. laughing

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:44 pm

That is true most have been aimed at you but then i wouldn't have to if you actually contributed something to the forum worth debating about. I could conversly say to you that how many of your 8950 posts have you moaned about somebody far more succesful than you've ever been sitting at your computer desk? How many have you wasted wumming and intentionally winding people up (quite often offending them)? I'd bet they far out weigh the posts where you've actually contributed something decent. Although you don't keep bets do you super? Also i think if you asked 90% of the population where to go to get a laugh, the last place they'd say is a golf forum Doh.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:56 pm

Anyway Super probably best that we just draw a line in the sand. I do agree with you on some subjects, religion etc. You do annoy me with a lot of comments though, that i cannot deny.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:01 pm

Seve, I'm happy to continue if it offends you. I really don't care if I offend someone. Offence seems to be something that people look for rather than come across these days.

Stop being such a drip.

There are a lot of people on this forum that I have disagreements with, many prolonged but it is always in the spirit of the forum. Everyone can take a joke as well as dish them out. Even Gael. I'd have a drink with all of them regardless.

As you point out, it's only a bloody forum, stop taking it so bloody seriously. raspberry
It wouldn't exist without polar comments, it would just be a love in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:10 pm

I didn't say you've offended me I said you've annoyed me! Very different words with very different effects. I can't agree with you that it's all in the spirit of the forum as iv seen cases where you have genuinely offended people and that's not in the spirit of anything. I agree you can't have everybody having the same opinion but you can debate and disagree with somebody without offending them. That's not being a drip but a reasonable person.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

If they are offended, it isn't my problem. I don't care. People are too easily offended and look to be offended.

What sort of person gets offended on an internet forum anyway?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:22 pm

Come on SR. Some can. I can..I try not to, but when peops are constantly having a pop!

BTW although you can be offensive your not overly and you can take 10 times what you give..SO come on mate listen to your own words and dont take stuff so seriously.. Uphold that bet tommorow kiss

Its not the end of the world... Its only a forum Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:24 pm

That is an unfortunate view to have on life, you may not care if people are offended but people will form a negative opinion of you. Which you may not care about of course.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

Of course, I don't care. Why would I, it's only a forum and if people are offended so what. They're clearly to sensitive or fauxfended. If you can't separate the words in a forum with true life there's something wrong with you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

That is an unfortunate view to have on life, you may not care if people are offended but people will form a negative opinion of you. Which you may not care about of course.

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I am looking to create a game to play with my mates for the Masters this year, sort of a 'prediction betting game'. Could any of give me some suggestions on what to do? I was thinking listing different groups of players in terms of ability, and you have to guess where they will finish etc.. but im not sure?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Smile

(apologies if its off topic or you don't care haha)

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:17 pm

jimbo,
Our friend "sportsville" has often run a game on here for Majors:

I can't be specifically sure of the exact rules but it's very simple - like picking six players, any six, and the aggregate score of each player's top three or four selections determines her/his score. Anyway, always a lot of fun.

You could do something like that, or even all join Sporty's game - doesn't do anyone much good if he doesn't run it of course!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:18 pm

prediction betting game.

ermm

just a straight forward one.. pick 2 US, 2 Eur, 2 international..

add up there positions and the lowest score wins..

Thats just a quick suggestion btw. Loads of different options.. But i like the idea that lowest score wins and pick a certain amount of players. Picking and guessing places can get abit over complicated.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:17 am

cheers guys, much appreciated!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:00 am

Super is the type to renegade on bets. He owes me rounds on trumpton and the castle course but now refuses to pay up.

Kwini wrote:In Woods's case it also shows just how little he cares about the Ryder Cup, King Of The Hill on certain tracks when playing for himself, just another sam torrance in team play against the best opposition.

Why would it matter if he didn't care about the Ryder Cup? As far as I can tell him playing well would only provide a sickening blow to the Europeans who need the ryder cup as a crutch to support careers that fall short.

I think Mcilroy was absolutely sincere when he called it an exhibition. The Ryder cup is not for those players who aim for ultimate greatness.

Tiger has the mind of a Vettel and not a webber.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:18 am

A prima donna, not a teammate . . . . . no doubt.

Don't want to trigger WWIII but can't think that Vettel is your most appropriate poster child exemplor of everything worthy. Can't really understand why Webber didn't just freaking deck the little punk.

I loved the Ryder Cup when it WAS merely an exhibition - still remember reading days old papers on thin newsprint that carried stories of Dai Rees's team winning in 1957. There was subsequently the insult of some Americans making themselves unavailable, or otherwise avoiding selection, so that when Seve and Jacklin finally made it mean something it suddenly assumed great importance. Still does, but that's just me!

If the RC is "not for those people who aim for ultimate greatness", and I can only think of one who gives a flying sh1t about ultimate greatness, why would said greatness aspirant demean himself by turning up if he's no intention of being competitive.

PS. I'm sure your last sentance is spot on.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:44 am

Kwini

The vettel comparison was to highlight tiger is of a selfish win at all costs attitude. Ryder cup performance is not on his personal measure of success and therefore does not receive his winning attention.

So why does he turn up? I assume he realizes what a terrible hit his brand would take if he skipped it. A little like when man utd skipped the FA cup even when it was clear it was not a priority for the top clubs.

I feel of late you are becoming ever more negative about tiger, based on of course perceptions. We don't really know any of the players away from the course so I base the players I like on how well they play the game. Unless of course they are bible bashers or gmac.

I agree webber should have decked him.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 26 Mar 2013, 6:20 am

The true golf fan players care about the Ryder cup..

These are golfers with golf in the soul..

They are not the best. But the ones I admire the most.

Poultry Stand up..(and go on you flabby Scot Monty- respect to you and all)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 26 Mar 2013, 8:48 am

Good prog on last evening on old days of motor racing.No safety BBC4.Brands ,aintree,monaco and the likes of hill,chapman,brabham,duckworth.Worth a look on i player.
Feeling webber will be having words somewhere private

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:03 am

Vettel did the right thing. It's a sport, not a love in. The fastest man should win. It would actaully be unsportsmanlike and corrupt if Vettel didn't overtake him. Webber should not be pi55ed, he should just practise more.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:08 am

Pedro,

You do realise that Webber had been told to turn his engine down dont you.. at the same time as being told "the race was over"(meaning keep positions)

Vettel didnt turn his down. Webber had no chance against him- As he had realistically 75% less power and less car!

If webber knew vettel was going to try and overtake he wouldnt have turned the engine down!!

Fair play- ignore team orders. they are pointless. But in this case its not really on. Because it wasnt a race anyway. Webber couldnt challenge it has nothing to do with practise!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:13 am

thanks mysti, I only saw a short recap in TV and the engine thing wasn't clear to me. (albeit a strange call, why prematurely stop the race?) The thing about F1 is just that they are often told to keep positions, even if one is in position to overtake the other.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next