The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cleverley

+6
AdZacO
88Chris05
Boxtthis
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
coxy0001
mckay1402
10 posters

Go down

cleverley Empty cleverley

Post by mckay1402 Tue 03 May 2011, 11:32 am

Does he have a chance agaisnt Braemer? I've seens ome clips of the German and haven't been that impressed but I've never seen a whole fight. Clev seems to lack a bit of power but has good speed and controls a fight pretty well. What does everyone think?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

cleverley Empty Re: cleverley

Post by coxy0001 Tue 03 May 2011, 11:35 am

If he loses to Braehmer (or however it's spelt) he might as well hang'em up

But more fun to see him in with someone like Cloud

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 03 May 2011, 11:37 am

Think Cleverly should beat Braehmer seen the German a few times he doesn't do anything particularly well that should trouble Clev. He has decent power and can take a shot.Cleverly should be able to control the fight as long as he stays calm. Its his first title shot but Braehmer isn't that good. As long as Clev doesn't freeze he should win.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 03 May 2011, 11:50 am

I have Cleverly as the slight favourite. As has been mentioned, the German isn't overly impressive and doesn't seem to have many world level stand-out qualities. The same could be said for Cleverly though - he's a good all-rounder lacking in top-tier power imo.

I see Cloud as being too strong and too aggressive for Cleverly. In fact, I don't see the Welshman being able to beat any of the top tier LHWs: Pascal, Hopkins, Cloud, Dawson. Very soon we'll be throwing Ishmyal Syllakh into that mix - he's the future force in the LHW division imo.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 May 2011, 11:50 am

I think Cleverly wins this one, and wins well. Never been too impressed with Braehmer from what I've seen of him and certainly don't think he'd fair too well against the other major players at 175 lb such as Pascal, Cloud and Hopkins - even a forty-six years old version.

I try to steer clear of this term when I can, but ultimately Braehmer is a classic example of the old 'European straight line fighter.' His work rate isn't anything to get excited about and his game is lacking anything even approaching charm. He's a dimmed down version of Kessler, and I reckon that if Cleverly stays at range he'll soundly outbox him. I have high hopes for Cleverly, but if he loses this one it's a long way back to the title picture, I fear.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 03 May 2011, 12:20 pm

From what I've seen of Braehmer he doesn't look canny enough to beat Cleverley. A further question to this is can a boxer develop power if they don't have it naturally. Obviously I know there are things you can do to improve punch strength but can you develop it to a level where you become known as a puncher?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 03 May 2011, 1:42 pm

coxy0001 wrote:If he loses to Braehmer (or however it's spelt) he might as well hang'em up

What a stupid comment, so if he loses his first world title shot he should hang them up? Manny lost his first defence of a world title, and although he is no where near that level, he is still young and learning and losing to a, maybe a poor, world champion is no harm as long as he learns for it. That being said i do think he wins.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Tue 03 May 2011, 4:35 pm

I'd rate Murat ahead of Braehmer, he is certainly quicker and more aggressive. While a close-ish fight, its not as though Cleverly had to claw out a SD win, after a couple of knock downs a piece and nearly fainting in the last round. Braehmer's last decent opponent was Brancalian, whom Cleverly has also met in the ring, both fighters winning by early stoppage. That was a few fights ago and I would say Cleverly has moved from strength to strength in every bout.

First world title fight is often a tricky one, but Cleverly should emerge victorious in this one. At least two and I dare say all 3 of the remaining Light Heavyweight champions present sterner competition.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 03 May 2011, 4:38 pm

AdZacO wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:If he loses to Braehmer (or however it's spelt) he might as well hang'em up

What a stupid comment, so if he loses his first world title shot he should hang them up? Manny lost his first defence of a world title, and although he is no where near that level, he is still young and learning and losing to a, maybe a poor, world champion is no harm as long as he learns for it. That being said i do think he wins.

Calm down dear! I think coxy was making a disparaging comment about Braehmer.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 03 May 2011, 4:42 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
AdZacO wrote:

Calm down dear! I think coxy was making a disparaging comment about Braehmer.

You are lucky i don't have breasts or i'd be demanding a public apology, and calling it a poor taste joke. If DC can't get away with banter, no one should.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 04 May 2011, 8:24 am

Dont think people are giving Braehmer is props here. He is very dangerous and has underrated boxing skills. But ring rust could be a problem here for him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 04 May 2011, 11:38 am

Still waiting to see what all the fuss about is with Cleverley to be honest, he's got decent fundamentals and a good work rate but doesn't seem particularly hard to find and doesn't use his height well. With Braehmer his work rate will be important as will his control of the distance. Braehmer doesn't throw until he's got his opponent at the sort of mid to longish distance he likes (watch his fight against Plotinsky to see what I mean). If cleverley can control the distance and maintain a high work rate he can beat Braehmer and I expect him to take him over the distance in a closeish one.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down