The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series

+7
yappysnap
majesticimperialman
Rugby Fan
Knowsit17
thebluesmancometh
english warrior
t1000advancedprototype
11 posters

Go down

Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series Empty Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:29 pm

Gatland will do anything he can to win the lions series. He wants the All Blacks job post 2015.

I think it's safe to say that Gatland will replicate and use the game play that he's employed with Wales. I don't think it's a wise idea to try and counter Australia with attractive running rugby. I think we will see an intensity and a game plan very similar to last Saturday, but even more intense.

I guarantee there will be surprises come selection time. Gatland will field a team who he believes can win, doing it the way he wants. He will pick players who he believes will step up to the mark mentally and put their body on the line. Don't be surprised seeing some old school names and players who might not have played any international rugby recently. He will already be aware of special talents and certain successful combinations. He's going to select a VERY experienced side come the first test.

This starting XV would not surprise me.

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Player of the 6N, puts his body on the line and gives 100% every time, also unlucky with injury in 2009)
14. Alex Cuthbert (A 6'6" monster who is scoring tries for fun at the moment. Will be very difficult to justify why he SHOULDN'T start)
13. Brian O'Driscoll - CAPTAIN (Nobody gives more, unfinished business before he retires. A real genius and true inspiration)
12. Jamie Roberts (Back to form in attack and defence, players fantastic with BOD and is a real physical presence)
11. George North (Nobody else putting their hand up and he brings a large skillset to the table along with his monster frame)
10. Jonny Wilkinson (Lions pedigree, a physical specimine and en extremely tough bloke. World cup winner and on form with Toulon. Sexton still not as classy as Wilko and has missed a lot of the 6N).
9. Mike Phillips (Game changer, half forward half back, in your face, part of 4 six nations winning squads, vocal, extremely physical).

8. Jamie Heaslip
7. Chris Robshaw
6. Sam Warburton
5. Ian Evans
4. Alun-wyn Jones
3. Adam Jones
2. Richard Hibbard
1. Cian Healy

16. Dan Cole
17. Gethin Jenkins
18. Ken Owens
19. Joe Launchbury
20. Justin Tipuric

21. Ben Youngs
22. Jonny Sexton
23. Manu Tuilagi

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series Empty Re: Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series

Post by english warrior Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:01 pm

Very big of him, so, When is his resignation going to arrive!!! angel

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series Empty Re: Gatland will do anything to win the Lions series

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:06 pm

english warrior wrote: Very big of him, so, When is his resignation going to arrive!!! angel

Your usename will confuse people. Don't add salt to the wound by putting English and warrior next to each other.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

t1000 will do anything to break the number of threads started record...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:t1000 will do anything to break the number of threads started record...

laughing

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:34 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:t1000 will do anything to break the number of threads started record...

But I hold the record.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:52 pm

Halfpenny & Wilkinson in the starting XV. Who is kicking goals?

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 23 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

I think it's safe to say that Gatland will replicate and use the game play that he's employed with Wales. I don't think it's a wise idea to try and counter Australia with attractive running rugby. I think we will see an intensity and a game plan very similar to last Saturday, but even more intense.

If Gatland does employ that game style that he has enjoyed with Wales....The the Lions will lose. Wales Games against Australia using the Game plan that he has enjoyed, as not been very good as it?

I do agree that Gatland does want to win the series against Australia. And he will pick the best team to try and do that. But not the Welsh way. Not using those game play's with Wales. right. thumbsup

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 23 Mar 2013, 6:03 pm

Rock paper scissors to decide.

Oh and that is a horrible team.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I think it's safe to say that Gatland will replicate and use the game play that he's employed with Wales. I don't think it's a wise idea to try and counter Australia with attractive running rugby. I think we will see an intensity and a game plan very similar to last Saturday, but even more intense.

If Gatland does employ that game style that he has enjoyed with Wales....The the Lions will lose. Wales Games against Australia using the Game plan that he has enjoyed, as not been very good as it?

I do agree that Gatland does want to win the series against Australia. And he will pick the best team to try and do that. But not the Welsh way. Not using those game play's with Wales. right. thumbsup

I don't know why you and couple of others keep bringing this up. Wales haven't been beaten by Australia because of Gatland's tactics, they've generally lost a lot of the games due to silly mistakes etc in the late stages of the game. It is not part of the tactics say to be penalised for pulling a maul down, or to not run down the clock when you're winning with minutes to go. I suspect you haven't watched many of these tests, or you would know this so you're probably being a bit lazy and seeing that we lost however many games to them and come to an incorrect conclusion OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 23 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

There is no way Wilko is going, and I can't see how anyone thinks Robshaw is going to start I's be amazed if he did. I doubt Gatland even rates him that highly.

The only people who really rate Robshaw are the English press.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 23 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

No offence RiscarRev i have watched a few of these game and i understand what you are saying about being lazy in the last few minutes of the game. But a loss is a loss.

It does not matter if you lose by 1 point or 100 points you still lose.

But like i have said Gatland will not want too lose the lions tour. So he will pick the best player for each game.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 7:53 pm

I'm not suggesting Wales were lazy, if you care to read that again.

With more leaders in the squad like Robshaw, BOD etc, we would show more common sense to close out narrow leads in my opinion. That would be a difference between what Wales have been doing v Australia and what the Lions will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:09 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:

But I hold the record.

usernames too... Smile
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 23 Mar 2013, 8:12 pm

Breadvan wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:

But I hold the record.

usernames too... Smile

clap

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan's Hind Sun 24 Mar 2013, 4:53 pm

I'd rather see my family gunned down in front of me than see Wilko and Robshaw on the team.

Nathan's Hind

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 24 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

Nathan's Hind wrote:I'd rather see my family gunned down in front of me than see Wilko and Robshaw on the team.

Wow!! Most Impressive First Post Evah!!!!!

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sun 24 Mar 2013, 9:26 pm

nathan hind- You'd rather see your own flesh and blood annihilated in front of your eyes rather than see 2 Englishmen play on the Lions team ?

And they say us English are cold and unfeeling, !! Shameful . angel

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down