The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE 2K14

+4
GSC
Hero
Mr Video Man
x12x
8 posters

Go down

WWE 2K14 Empty WWE 2K14

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:08 am

I've been stuck in today doing work and as a reward I let myself play a bit of WWE 13 and all I could focus on at times was it's main fault (for me anyway). The fault I'm on about is the Universe Mode, while it has some cool ideas I just feel like older games did this sort of things much better and it got me thinking what I'd want in the game instead of U.M and this is what I came up with:

Career Mode

Much like the older season/career modes you pick one superstar to take to the top, to facilitate this there would be no voice acting but I've never really cared about that anyway and I imagine if a story/career mode was good enough most people wouldn't either.

At the start of every month you would be given the choice of 3/4 different story lines (depending on how big your star was) for your superstar to do, the choices you make regarding story lines would shape how your star is perceived and what sort of opportunities he is offered. Each storyline you have to choose between would be given a few ratings that would effect your Superstar.

these ratings would be:

1.Popularity: This would effect how the fans react to you, a story with a minus rating would be a heel action and a plus would be a face action...the bigger the rating either way would be more face or heel. When playing as a face star you could take heel story lines but it would begin to change their appeal. Taking too many heel actions for a face star would trigger a heel turn, achievements for heel turns at bigger main events could be given (Mania/Summerslam?)...the same for heel stars doing face actions. When heel you would unlock abilities such as dirty pins, calling for interferences and other dirty tactics, when face you would get abilities such as comebacks and other things.

2.Push: This rating would effect how far up the rankings your superstar will go if successful with the storyline, all story lines would give you a positive push but some would give you more than others. Story lines with a bigger push would normally feature harder/higher risk matches to make you earn the push. They would also have a greater risk...

3.Risk: This rating would tell you how dangerous the storyline is, if a storyline involves basic matches then it will have a lower risk rating but if it has a lot of high risk matches and you get put in the red a few times in a row then you may suffer an injury...depending on how big your star was you can select a comeback storyline that could give you a massive push (ala Cena at Royal Rumble a few years back).

I think this would be cool because most of the games make you play as the good guy but sometimes playing as the bad guy would be so much fun.
-----

Career mode could also utilise stories made on the Community Creations, taking the top rated story lines, adding a popularity/risk/push rating and then having them as choices added in (knowing today's industry these would come as DLC) this would basically mean a never ending career mode.

For people playing as custom superstars you would have the choice of starting in NXT to build up an initial push or even as the tutorial mode, this could be a way of unlocking a couple of the NXT main roster (even if it is just 5 or 6 of them), the NXT belts and the arena...it's also a way of introducing NXT stars to people who might not watch NXT giving them a reason too.
-----

Other things I'd add:
*NXT Roster members
*Less Legends...while playing as Stone Cold/Brett Hart is cool, did we really need two Rocks, two Undertakers, two Chris Jericho's, two Christian's, two Edges, two John Cena's, two Triple H's, two Mark Henry's and all three Mick Foleys (when Mankind/Cactus Jack and Dude Love could have easily been added as extra costumes). A lot of the Attitude Era stars are cool when playing Attitude Era but feel pointless when playing normal one on one.
*Seamless falls count anywhere matches like in WWE Shut Your Mouth, letting you go backstage or even outside of the arena.
*An actual create a belt mode again
*Create a submission added to Create A Finisher

Not sure why I wrote this up as stuff like this won't happen, Universe Mode will sadly be around for a few years to come probably. This is what happens when I'm bored and can't be bothered with real work.

x12x

Back to top Go down

WWE 2K14 Empty Re: WWE 2K14

Post by Mr Video Man Sun 31 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

2k games should bring back general manager mode that was brilliant. you bought the wrestlers for money and used them on your own show e.g (raw) to try and get better ratings than the other show (smackdown)
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:07 am

Completely agree viper, outside all the attitude era mode it's a pretty poor game.

I know the universe mode is completely customisable but its so freaking stupid to get any kind of storylines going and some of the cards are laughable. I swear to god it threw up old Cena versus new Cena as a main event for an episode of raw

I, like you really miss the career mode, I'm not even talking about the RTWM. I want a story mode career where I'm not forced to pick one of five superstars. I want the option to put my own character through the story or bring one of the mod carders through to be champion. Yet I know I'll have the choice of punk, Cena, sheamus, orton and probably Ryback BORING!!

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:20 am

sjh5678 wrote:2k games should bring back general manager mode that was brilliant. you bought the wrestlers for money and used them on your own show e.g (raw) to try and get better ratings than the other show (smackdown)

I liked GM Mode BUT I wish they'd make it more realistic, you basically needed to put on stipulation matches every show to get good ratings. I'd prefer if they brought it back but made it realistic...instead of needing to book ladders and HIAC matches every week, they'd reward you on building a realistic match card and building feuds and pushes, allowing you to make a realistic show and making stip matches have more impact...like in real life, wouldn't ladder matches lose their impact if you saw one every week?

gazzyD wrote:Completely agree viper, outside all the attitude era mode it's a pretty poor game.

I know the universe mode is completely customisable but its so freaking stupid to get any kind of storylines going and some of the cards are laughable. I swear to god it threw up old Cena versus new Cena as a main event for an episode of raw

I, like you really miss the career mode, I'm not even talking about the RTWM. I want a story mode career where I'm not forced to pick one of five superstars. I want the option to put my own character through the story or bring one of the mod carders through to be champion. Yet I know I'll have the choice of punk, Cena, sheamus, orton and probably Ryback BORING!!

I liked the Attitude Era mode but I have to admit that I rarely use any of the characters when playing one on one. As for story/career mode, i find it sad that the game that had the best story mode was made for PS2 and they've never been able to match it. Shut Your Mouth's story mode was like 4 or 5 years long and you could play as any of the stars or even your own character...it confuses me why they haven't done something like this since, I know games need to change to still have appeal but is changing worth it when there's no need?

Your right about Universe Mode as well, customisation is cool but only if it works...I was going through it only playing as my own created star and during one match I was teamed with CM Punk against the team of Kofi and R-Truth who were tag champs, the match ended with R-Truth bailing on Kofi. The next match I faced against Kofi and R-Truth ran in to help him...the following match I faced against Miz with Kofi in my corner and R-Truth in his, they ended up fighting...they feuded and then teamed up time and time again. It just didn't make sense.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:49 pm

Id like it to be like Fifa 13 ultimate team where you get packs of cards, start off with all the dirge like Hunicos etc and build up to acquiring a Punk or Cena etc, and have inform wrestlers with added stats.
Move cards that can give them extra skills, fitness, heal injuries etc.
for each week for their to be updated content based on that weeks RAW/ SD etc so everyone can take part in the show they've just watched. As the year goes on and a new wrestler debuts for that wrestler to then debut in the game the week after, am I asking too much?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

Would be cool but I can't see it happening as it would take so much work which is a shame.

If we're talking about ideas for GM Mode, this is what I'd do (I'm stealing your Fifa 13 idea, sorry Hero!)

I'd have the normal rosters set as they are but I'd implement the ultimate team idea to allow you to include legends, special feud types and special main events such as 60 minute iron man and H.I.A.C (so that you could use it whenever you wanted not just at the H.I.A.C main event), you'd earn points for these cards by getting ratings and the cards would be completely random...I'd also have it so that you could get certain abilities such as the ones hero mentioned but I'd add ones that would harm your competitors such as being able to steal a star from them...depending on the power of the card this could mean stealing someone a bit rubbish like Hunico/Sin Care or being able to steal their main star.

Another thing I'd add is having punishment for repeating matches, meaning using H.I.A.C at first would result in big ratings but if you did it a few shows in a row people would get bored and it would harm the rating and viewing figures of future shows.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:18 pm

How much longevity and enjoyment would this game have by implementing these changes we came up with? It'd be tonnes better!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:23 pm

Bring back the PS2 story mode tbh. That had replayability.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 1:36 pm

Hero wrote:How much longevity and enjoyment would this game have by implementing these changes we came up with? It'd be tonnes better!
2K Games and Yukes need to get us on the team haha

GSC wrote:Bring back the PS2 story mode tbh. That had replayability.
Like I said, the older games were beyond amazing and the story modes actually felt like you were taking your star to the top. I understand that the voice work needed to do longer modes would be impossible but the clear answer is...leave it out.

Would anyone really care that the guys don't speak or that you have to read the screen to know what they're saying? Is it really that important?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

SmackDown 4, I think it was Shut Your Mouth was IMO the best wrestling game made. The story spanned over 2 years and felt like a journey. It had a massive roster and incredible replayability.

Here comes the Pain is a close second because of all it added, everything afterwards never quite made the mark.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Sun 31 Mar 2013, 4:54 pm

I amuck preferred here comes the pain, I can still remember one of the story lines where you and another (I've got in my mind undertaker and Brock) are brawling at any opportunity and you end up having a contract signing and have to sign a no contact agreement before the match and you could sign it or forge your signature so you could continue attacking him without him being able to touch you. Was brilliant!!!
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:15 pm

No Mercy on the N64 was pretty awesome as well, I remember in one story where APA offered protection and when I said no I had to face them in a handicap match in the backstage area.

It shocks me that they've not been able to improve a story mode from games made when I was a kid.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:23 pm

I regret making this thread now, so tempted to buy a PS2 to get to play these games now, might see if I can get the N64 working in a bit for a sesh on No Mercy haha.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

Get an N64 emulator going lol
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm

I saw that with the emulator and No Mercy you can get a mod that gives you all the new guys like CM Punk and hacks in their finishers/taunts.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:10 pm

I had a copy of no mercy that kept resetting itself. It was a known problem in 1 in every 50 games and lucky me just so happened to get that 1.

So disheartening when you started up and your wrestler came out as default guy with the APA music

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:55 pm

Yeah I got that as well Gaz. It just gave me an excuse to play it for hours on end haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Sun 31 Mar 2013, 8:10 pm

Where did amuck come from? (bleeding auto correct)

I had a GameCube when they came out and the wrestling game that I had on there was called night of champions (or something like that) and I can barely remember anything about that game so that kinda tells you how good that game was!!

I've still got my ps2 in my parents attic (and megadrive I might add) so may pop in and being it back to life for a bash on here comes the pain. Lol
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 31 Mar 2013, 11:11 pm

So I've been thinking about the ideas we've come up with and if we're being serious we know that they won't happen as we're not part of the 2K Team and it's a massive change that the WWE games usually go for every few years so it's a few years to go before a big change imo.

The likelihood is that the main mode will probably be an extension of the Attitude Era, going further along the time line and picking up after Wrestlemania 15. The only problem that I see with this is that a lot of the guys who became stars during this time period are now on TNA (Jeff Hardy/Kurt Angle/The Dudleyz) or have been wiped off the face of the WWE Universe (Benoit) and it's a massive shame because a couple perfect chapters could have been:

TLC: Following the rivalry between these three teams (Hardyz/Dudleyz and E&C) and having it culminate at Summerslam 2000 in the first ever TLC match where you have to play as E&C...this could also unlock the triple threat tag matches as a match type.

Rookie Row: Showing the debuts of Angle/Jericho and Benoit and how their feud came about, culminating in there triple threat match at WM 2000 for the IC and Euro title (during the match you'd first take control of Benoit and have to pin Jericho and then take control of Jericho and pin Benoit to complete it.)

If they do have an extension then my one prediction for a chapter in it would have to be the rivalry between Stone Cold Steven Austin and The Rock which would end with the main event at WM 17 and that amazing match.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:18 am

In my opinion, the best game in relation to Career Mode is WWF Smackdown. The original one. That season never ended. So much to the point, that even today, 13 years after it came out I am still playing it once a week.

You created you superstar and did a year on pre season. This was where you created friendships and rivalries, and added all the points you can. After that it was in to season. They had it where they had a different event every month. You get placed in completely random matches agains other wrestlers. You have a ranking list where you work your way up. You had to move up the rankings to earn your title shots. Once you were in the top 20 you could challenge for the Hardcore and European, top 10 enabled you to challenge for the Intercontinental and to get a World title shot you have to be in the top 5. Once you are inside these rankings you get title shots at random. The good thing about this is you could hold multiple titles (I am currently World, Intercontinental and Tag Team). So being in the top 5 you could have a World title shot one month, and then a European shot the next month. Once a title holder you defend quite regularly. I play with my mate both in the same season (you could have 2 player) and it also gives you matches against each other at random. If you are both in the top 5 (as we are) then you also get plenty of opportunities to take belts off each other. There were no real storylines, most backstage skits were just 2 wrestlers talking to each other or in the ring calling each other out. But at random times your wrestler will get attacked backstage. Also you get extremely rare segments. I have been playing the game for 13 years and only once I saw the Brood do a blood bath. A couple of times The Undertaker would raise up his TX sign and once there was even a segment where Debra flirted with the referee to earn a win. Currently I am playing season with my mate, we are both in a tag team and have the belts. We defend the belts every now and again but also get put in plenty of matches against each other, and sometimes for each others belts which makes it interesting.

So while there were no major storylines or anything like that, just for pure logevity and playability then WWF Smackdown is the greatest game in history. It is literally endless. Infinite.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:33 pm

wwf SmackDown 2 is the one! Once won Tag titles with my sister, and I lost them because she walked out mid match!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:55 am

I have that too. Its ok. You have a lot more match types and a far bigger backstage area than number 1, but the season was nowhere near as good. First off, you had to put yourself in title ranking lists, meaning you could only hold one title at a time and couldnt move on to the next one until you lost the one you are holding. Also you spent half the time watching loading screens. Even when you were skipping matches between the computer you had to sit there and watch as there health bars slowly went down.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down