The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE 2K14

+4
Ent
Hero
Adam D
Dash.Hammer
8 posters

Go down

WWE 2K14 Empty WWE 2K14

Post by Dash.Hammer Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 am

With the new game coming out soon, I was just wondering what everyone would like for it to include?

I love the idea of the WWE universe having the new NXT concept, and have all of the new wrestlers on the brand on the game. I think you should be able to promote and demote wrestlers etc.

This could interact the children more with new superstars.

I would also include more of a GM mode element to WWE universe but I'm wondering what else would you include?

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

WWE 2K14 Empty Re: WWE 2K14

Post by Adam D Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:11 am

Welcome to the board OK

How did you find us?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dash.Hammer Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:13 am

Cheers thumbsup
I've been reading this site for a few years now and finally decided to make an account Smile

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 am

I'd really like the game to be more like the FIFA franchise.

Have the ability to create Ultimate feds, open packs with rare wrestlers included that were then unlocked, if a wrestler performs well that week on RAW then they get a WOTW card with improved stats, cards that improved their stamina, managers, different arenas, outfits etc.
As new guys come onto the roster then they're added as content that week, keep the game fresh and up to date.
Whatever the card is on RAW then make it available to play as a show.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dash.Hammer Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am

I think that sounds class tbh!! That would bring a whole new dimension to the game and would make it more exciting!! If they were clever they'd do that because it would be a huge money maker for them

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am

I want to see the return of a story driven career mode

I don't like being told who I have to use on pre determined stories. Half the fun of buying a wrestling game is creating your character and getting them to the top and while universe mode offers the chance to do this at the same time it offers up dumb ass matches and even dumber rivalries, I k ow they're open to editing but then you don't tend to see any rivalries built up

I also wish they would update more frequently as well. I don't like that each time a new game comes out its already out of date due to heel/face turn, I'd like to see regular updates to keep it up to date with the then current wwe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:34 am

Beat me to it hero Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 am

Yeah pretty much immediately after WWE13 came out the Shield were introduced and you couldn't use them. The orster is bringing in so many new guys nowadays and you have to use fanmade versions.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dash.Hammer Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 am

Yeah I know what you mean gazzy, hopefully with the new makers they will listen to the fans.
I miss GM mode so much!
Signing up wrestlers and competing with the other brands, if they made it more realistic it would be amazing

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:50 am

Make online actually work, not having fan made characters with 100 for every stat running around in ranking games making a mess of it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:56 am

I did a thread like this a while back so I thought I'd just quote myself haha

xviperx wrote:I've been stuck in today doing work and as a reward I let myself play a bit of WWE 13 and all I could focus on at times was it's main fault (for me anyway). The fault I'm on about is the Universe Mode, while it has some cool ideas I just feel like older games did this sort of things much better and it got me thinking what I'd want in the game instead of U.M and this is what I came up with:

Career Mode

Much like the older season/career modes you pick one superstar to take to the top, to facilitate this there would be no voice acting but I've never really cared about that anyway and I imagine if a story/career mode was good enough most people wouldn't either.

At the start of every month you would be given the choice of 3/4 different story lines (depending on how big your star was) for your superstar to do, the choices you make regarding story lines would shape how your star is perceived and what sort of opportunities he is offered. Each storyline you have to choose between would be given a few ratings that would effect your Superstar.

these ratings would be:

1.Popularity: This would effect how the fans react to you, a story with a minus rating would be a heel action and a plus would be a face action...the bigger the rating either way would be more face or heel. When playing as a face star you could take heel story lines but it would begin to change their appeal. Taking too many heel actions for a face star would trigger a heel turn, achievements for heel turns at bigger main events could be given (Mania/Summerslam?)...the same for heel stars doing face actions. When heel you would unlock abilities such as dirty pins, calling for interferences and other dirty tactics, when face you would get abilities such as comebacks and other things.

2.Push: This rating would effect how far up the rankings your superstar will go if successful with the storyline, all story lines would give you a positive push but some would give you more than others. Story lines with a bigger push would normally feature harder/higher risk matches to make you earn the push. They would also have a greater risk...

3.Risk: This rating would tell you how dangerous the storyline is, if a storyline involves basic matches then it will have a lower risk rating but if it has a lot of high risk matches and you get put in the red a few times in a row then you may suffer an injury...depending on how big your star was you can select a comeback storyline that could give you a massive push (ala Cena at Royal Rumble a few years back).

I think this would be cool because most of the games make you play as the good guy but sometimes playing as the bad guy would be so much fun.
-----

Career mode could also utilise stories made on the Community Creations, taking the top rated story lines, adding a popularity/risk/push rating and then having them as choices added in (knowing today's industry these would come as DLC) this would basically mean a never ending career mode.

For people playing as custom superstars you would have the choice of starting in NXT to build up an initial push or even as the tutorial mode, this could be a way of unlocking a couple of the NXT main roster (even if it is just 5 or 6 of them), the NXT belts and the arena...it's also a way of introducing NXT stars to people who might not watch NXT giving them a reason too.
-----

Other things I'd add:
*NXT Roster members
*Less Legends...while playing as Stone Cold/Brett Hart is cool, did we really need two Rocks, two Undertakers, two Chris Jericho's, two Christian's, two Edges, two John Cena's, two Triple H's, two Mark Henry's and all three Mick Foleys (when Mankind/Cactus Jack and Dude Love could have easily been added as extra costumes). A lot of the Attitude Era stars are cool when playing Attitude Era but feel pointless when playing normal one on one.
*Seamless falls count anywhere matches like in WWE Shut Your Mouth, letting you go backstage or even outside of the arena.
*An actual create a belt mode again
*Create a submission added to Create A Finisher

As for The Shield missing out last year I was thinking this with The Wyatt Family...will they be brought up in time to be included in the game (I hope so). Also I hope the Shield have their crowd entrances.

I actually tweeted a guy who's part of the company making WWE 2K14 and I suggested a sort of NXT DLC include guys like The Wyatt Family, Kassius Ohno, Neville, Graves. etc

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:35 am

I really like some of the ideas that are coming out of here regards the next game Smile I love the thought of starting off in the developmentals and working your way up as a created superstar.

Things I'd like to see:-

- More 2 counts and last minute kickouts.
Sounds random, I know. However, I found that opponents would either kickout on one, or stay there for the full three count. I'd like there to be a bit more of an edge to it. Maybe if in a title match, if one of the wrestlers is out and a pinfall is made, using a comeback moment kicks in a cut scene showing the downed wrestler kick out just milliseconds away from 3.

- Environmental spots.
Don't get me wrong, I love the fact you can tackle the opponent through the barriers, but I'd like something more than that and the usual spots. I think the ability to set up a ladder between the ring and announcer's table (e.g. Sheamus powerbomb vs. Sin Cara at MITB 2011) Or multiple chairs in a row to do finishers (e.g. John Cena's AA to Wade Barrett TLC 2010).

- Weapon Physics.
Something that I think can be improved on year in, year out. Make the weapons look slightly more realistic. Not just in look, but in the way they break. I like the improvement they made to the tables, where they shatter into tiny pieces, but maybe have the litter of weapons stay there instead of disappear each time a new weapon is brought into the fight. Also, realistic sounds. It's always satisfying to hear the crack of a kendo stick on flesh!

- The crowd & commentary.
I know that the crowd being fully 3d isn't an important part, but I'd love for there to be a bit more realism and reaction. With face and heel turns (maybe during a match), the crowd turns too. Every taunt, or build up to a finisher, the crowd gets hyped. Or say a cash in of a MITB briefcase, there needs to be a New Jersey-esque reaction! Along with the crowd, the commentary needs more depth. I think that after a certain amount of game play, there's only so many times you can listen to The King shout "Did you see that?!"
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:06 am

Few new details about 2k14

Futureshop out of Canada has added a new listing for the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game, and the following are some new details revealed about the game:

-Select your wrestler from the WWE pantheon of legendary stars

-Cool visual elements includes historic WWE video footage, classic images, multi-camera angles, and detailed cut scenes

-Highly immersive audio environment brings out the raw emotional power of the crowd as they react to your performance

-Unlock exciting new content and wrestlers

-Addictive game play features intuitive controls and creates a sense of escalation throughout the matches

-WWE Career mode lets you create the epic legend of your rise from wrestling rookie to celebrated megastar

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dash.Hammer Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 am

Great responses guys! Great ideas too. Actually looking forward to this game Smile

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:44 am

I just went back on the past few WWE games I have, and I think there needs to be more variety in the creation section. I found that they had the exact same things each time with very little range.
Hopefully there will be more options, maybe a better create a logo system?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dash.Hammer Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:07 am

They do need to shake things up I think, I bought SVR 2008 the other day just for the GM mode. And all of the create-a features are the same!

Dash.Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChosen1 Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Bring back the original career mode from the Smackdown series, I hate the roads to wrestlemania and how limited the career modes has become since it became SDvsRaw.

I didn't mind the attitude era in WWE13 as it was different and had challenges that had to be completed.

That's about my 2cents I don't usually play any of the other features like online etc ..

TheChosen1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down