The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager

+10
kingraf
azania
The Special Juan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Lumbering_Jack
Duty281
cherriesfna
Corporalhumblebucket
NickisBHAFC
GSC
14 posters

Go down

Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager Empty Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager

Post by GSC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 9:32 pm

Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager 1347041234
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

Best of luck to him, has proven to done a decent job with Swindon, wining the league 2 in his first season in charge and continuing that success in league one.

A name that doesn't stand out as being a big name for the job, but he has a huge chance at Sunderland, i for one hope he does well.

However it does seem at this moment in time, a backwards step from Martin O Neil.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio named Sunderland manager

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:13 pm

BBC reports that ex-foreign secretary David Miliband has resigned from his role on the board of Sunderland FC because of new manager Paolo Di Canio's "past political statements".

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:13 pm

This shud be amusing
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:40 am

This should be short and very sweet for the neutral. Get the popcorn!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

Who's he gonna fall out with first? The smart money is on Lee Cattermole though Titus Bramble is always worthy of a good rocket..

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

Adam Johnson.

His attitude aint gonna fly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

Not a bad call that G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

A racist (alleged), a r***ist (alleged), and a downright thug.

What a club.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:06 pm

Not a good appointment imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:19 pm

As a Geordie I find the whole thing rather hilarious.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:13 am

BBC Sports News reporter Dan Roan: "Stormy Di Canio press conference ends with manager angrily dismissing 'ridiculous & pathetic' controversy over his appointment & refusing to clarify whether he remains a fascist. I asked him several times to do so, but he referred to his statement yesterday."

Well that didn't take long!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:18 am

I wonder if Ellis is regretting it already?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

He has been in the job for a couple of days and already he is going nuts

This is all going to end in tears.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:51 pm

It will be fun whilst it lasts.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:53 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I wonder if Ellis is regretting it already?

I should imagine he'll regret it more when he realises he's appointed somebody who actually doesn't have the credentials for the job
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

Interesting marketing from Sunderland, though. Organise a big Nelson Mandela celebration, then hire a fascist the following week.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:21 pm

kingraf wrote:Interesting marketing from Sunderland, though. Organise a big Nelson Mandela celebration, then hire a fascist the following week.

Was actually the next day so even worse

Hes now said hes not a facist even though he grew up a Lazio ultra, most if not all of whom are facists, he has tattoos relating to Mussolini and facism and in the past has claimed hes a facist

In truth though why does it matter? If thats what he believes then so be it when was the last time a managers political beliefs were so important?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

What I want to know is where was all this hubbub when Swindon appointed him? Nobody gave a rodent's backside then so what's changed now?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm

The Special Juan wrote:What I want to know is where was all this hubbub when Swindon appointed him? Nobody gave a rodent's backside then so what's changed now?

Actually a sponsor pulled out of Swindon when he was appointed OK

Nobody gave a crap, because the media didn't either
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Olly wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:What I want to know is where was all this hubbub when Swindon appointed him? Nobody gave a rodent's backside then so what's changed now?

Actually a sponsor pulled out of Swindon when he was appointed OK

Nobody gave a crap, because the media didn't either

I didn't know that. I guess that just adds to the thought that any FL club could appoint *insert name of controversial person* any the media wouldn't care, as long as it wasn't a PL club. That's rather sad.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Apr 2013, 12:27 pm

I have no problem with Fascism, I mean, I am not a fascist but I have friends with Afro-fascist tendencies. I just find the idea quite intriguing. Was this a ploy?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

Not looking like a bad appointment right now eh? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

He's had two games! Laugh

No conclusions can be drawn yet.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:51 pm

They played well in both games, players look to have confidence, the crowd is on the team's side again...while you can't say 'they're safe' after two games, you can say that they look likely to be safe if they keep up their good start under PDC. The difference in their cohesion is amazing, they looked dreadful under MON but under PDC they're organised, tight, and dangerous going forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

Which is exactly what happened last year when they sacked Bruce and replaced him with O'Neill. It's simply a honeymoon period, and all the players want to impress the new manager so as to keep their place. I wouldn't look too much into it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

There's only 6 games left - I don't care about the club, or its fans, or next season - based on their bright start, and how dreadfully Stoke and Norwich are playing, I can see Sunderland comfortably safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:44 pm

honeymoon possibly, but its a period which could see them stay up, and thats all that matters atm for sunderland. i dont think many of you will be laughing if they stay up at the expense of say newcastle or norwich should it happen.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:32 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:There's only 6 games left - I don't care about the club, or its fans, or next season - based on their bright start, and how dreadfully Stoke and Norwich are playing, I can see Sunderland comfortably safe.

Actually our performances in the last couple of games have really improved, the only one of the last 4 we didn't really play great in was Wigan away.

We just seem unable to put teams away/not having the run and luck of officials at the moment.

Big game against Reading this weekend.

I still think it's gonna be Wigan/Sunderland to drop
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:44 pm

WERE AFC BOURNEMOUTH, WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:22 am

marty2086 wrote:
kingraf wrote:Interesting marketing from Sunderland, though. Organise a big Nelson Mandela celebration, then hire a fascist the following week.

Was actually the next day so even worse

Hes now said hes not a facist even though he grew up a Lazio ultra, most if not all of whom are facists, he has tattoos relating to Mussolini and facism and in the past has claimed hes a facist

In truth though why does it matter? If thats what he believes then so be it when was the last time a managers political beliefs were so important?

It matters if you're part Jewish, which is what Milliband is....so it's understandable that he resigned from the Sunderland board.
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down