The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager

5 posters

Go down

Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager Empty Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:52 am

On a 2 year deal confirmed this morning.

Personally I think it's a good appointment. Sure there are questions over the man himself, but on the pitch at Brighton what he did there was pretty special, and with a little more investment they would potentially have gone up.

Best of luck to him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager Empty Re: Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:41 am

Billy Davies would never be considered for such a position. Gus Poyet is a more exotic name, less success or experience, gets a job.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager Empty Re: Gus Poyet appointed Sunderland manager

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:28 am

I think Gus does deserve a job in the Premiership for the fine work he provided he in his 3 or so years in charge of the Albion. But i feel its the wrong the club at the wrong time. Sunderland have just sacked a man very similar to gus in Di Canio. Sunderland needed an experienced calm manager who will bring stability to the football club. Sky Sports touched on it earlier, Vicente's comments about Gus, which a lot of us know already, that Gus is very egotistic and selfish. Gus always spoke with his huge mouth, which landed him trouble, i always turned a blind eye to his comments but a lot of fans took real offence to it. So be aware Sunderland fans. I can see Gus annoying a lot of fans in the Premiership of other sides, like he did in the Championship, so ill be seeing him become a villian on here a bit like Di Canio! 

All the best to Gus though, whilst his exit brought a sour ending to his reign, i still hope he does well. Delighted he took the man who did a crap in the palace changing rooms, Charlie Oatway with him!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:16 am

Gus is a good man and deserves this chance. Even if he did take a crap in the Palace changing room.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm

That was Charlie Oatway. Gus had nothing to do with it.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

That's what they want you to think! Wink

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm

Ignoring all the off the field stuff, he did a fine job at Brighton, pretty much took them as far as possible, and made some very good signings.

Does seem a bit weird that Sunderland seem to have appointed a very similar type of guy to Di Canio
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:21 pm

CFCNick wrote:That's what they want you to think! Wink
I know what happened ha.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

What makes you say its Charlie Oatway? I never heard anything about finding out who did it?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:17 pm

Obviously it isn't going to get confirmed by the club or anything Laugh 

Just my sources.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:38 pm

The Allardichi stuff is much of a nonsense and a soundbite, but I do get his point. If this was a fat lad called Gus Point, no thrills English fella, wouldnt get the job.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 09 Oct 2013, 6:06 am

If there is a fat lad out there called Gus Point, then I would love to meet him!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down