The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler)

+8
EDGECUTION
Dx Dan.
ADMIN
Samo
hodge
legendkillar
Perfect Jack
sodhat
12 posters

Go down

Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler) Empty Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler)

Post by sodhat Tue 3 May 2011 - 19:27

Hi all,

Just read on a wrestling news site that Christian's first feud with the world title will be with newly heel Mark Henry.

What are your thoughts? I don't have a problem with this, and I doubt Henry will take the belt, but I think as a feud it will work well as a powerhouse vs underdog angle.

I know Henry has had his chances in the past to get over as a heel and he hasn't capitalized...could this be his last chance to make a run for the top?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler) Empty Re: Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler)

Post by Perfect Jack Tue 3 May 2011 - 19:34

I think Henry can put Christian over as a credible champion.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler) Empty Re: Christian's first feud on Smackdown (possible spoiler)

Post by legendkillar Tue 3 May 2011 - 19:39

I don't think Mark Henry can cut it as a top card heel. Hasn't got the mic skills and for me as spent to far down on the card to be considered a top heel.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 3 May 2011 - 19:48

didnt Christian fued with Henry over the ECW title?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 3 May 2011 - 21:31

I dont think Henry gets enough credit. I thought he was booked well late 05 - early 06. Took out Batista and the only way Angle could beat him was to use a chair. Its stuff like that that helps build a monster heel. But the 'E dropped the ball and he lost all momentum.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 3 May 2011 - 22:03

I have no problem with Henry being the first opponent, that means that Christian gets a couple of months reign at least and when called upon Henry can be a very effective monster heel.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 3 May 2011 - 22:09

Oh god please no, the guy is a waste of space these days.
Much rather see Christian start a worthwhile fued with someone like Sheamus, Barrett, Rhodes, or even Big Zeke.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by EDGECUTION Tue 3 May 2011 - 22:15

Hi
New on here. Made the trip across from 606 !

Christian did feud with Henry over the ECW Title if i remember right and it werent the best then.
Must say though that Mark Henry in some peoples eyes is still a
' dangerous ' opponent due to his size and strength so it could give Christian a good start with a few defences of the WHC.
Not gunna be any classic Global Sports Entertainment Matches there though
Wink

EDGECUTION

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 3 May 2011 - 23:12

Henry will probably face him at over the limit and money in the bank which i think are the 2 remaining PPV's before Summerslam where Christian will get a fresh opponent, gives WWE plenty of time to also build up a good contender to Christian's title. I personally reckon it will be Randy Orton who will face Christian at Summerslam. Orton is probably viewed as Smackdown's biggest asset at the moment (Taker never around and could be off to raw) so having him face Christian at one of the big 4 PPV's would make sense, now that Orton is also likely finished with Punk it would make sense as Orton just needs a filler until then to put him over (not that he needs it though)

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Tue 3 May 2011 - 23:21

I predicted Mark Henry. Due to the fact the E' like to put big heel's in the way of a 1st time champion due to getting them over as a worthy champion.
It also wouldn't suprise me if it's due to giving Mark Henry one last statment in his boring career to say the least.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 4 May 2011 - 0:03

Would orton be a face against Christian though? I never like face vs face and I don't see WWE doing that at the second biggest card of the year.

Perhaps it will be Christian turning heel...we know he can do it well.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 4 May 2011 - 8:42

God I remember these days, when we were all so full of hope..........

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 May 2011 - 8:47

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:God I remember these days, when we were all so full of hope..........

Seems like only yesterday........ oh wait. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 4 May 2011 - 9:09

Segment with Hornswoggle or something else to embarrass him now then?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 May 2011 - 9:33

Christian to win MITB? And then become the first man ever to be unsuccessful?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 4 May 2011 - 9:36

I want Chyna to return and have a good housekeeping match with him.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 4 May 2011 - 9:41

They'll bring back Viscera in his 'Walrus of Love' gimmick and have him bum Christian.

Over and over.

Then Vince will do a segment where he pulls stuff out of the ass of what we think is a dummy of Christian but actually turns out to be him.

Stuff Vince will pull out: A goth shirt, those massive sunglasses Christian used to wear, an Edge action figure, a ladder, the NWA World title and finally a massive middle finger that he'll point towards the camera.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 4 May 2011 - 10:01

Kind of wish I'd held off posting this article now...

How disrespectful to Christian though. Hope he gets another chance but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 4 May 2011 - 10:04

I think the last thing any of us should ever do when it comes to Christian is get ahead of ourselves.

Maybe if we convinced the entire IWC to start pretending they hate Christian and say that he's over-rated and awful then Vince would do something with him?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 4 May 2011 - 10:05

Anyone else think his first fued will be with Orton?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 4 May 2011 - 12:43

Anyone think he'll even GET a feud with Orton?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 4 May 2011 - 12:51

Not unless he turns heel now. Seems like WWE gave him his night of glory only because the match was set before the draft.

Orton was always going to take the belt...but so soon!

Maybe orton's first feud will be with Henry...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 May 2011 - 12:52

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Anyone think he'll even GET a feud with Orton?

No.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 4 May 2011 - 13:12

King Beer wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Anyone think he'll even GET a feud with Orton?

No.

Dammit KB you're meant to reassure me then sing to me till I fall asleep!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down