The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand National Thread

5 posters

Go down

Grand National Thread Empty Grand National Thread

Post by sportform Wed 03 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

I thought I'd start a thread for all things Grand National. The three day Aintree meeting gets underway on Thursday with the big race taking place on Saturday.

On His Own, for Willie Mullins, is currently the 6/1 favourite and will probably be the ride of Ruby Walsh. Seabass is next in the betting while former Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Imperial Commander is top weight.

So this is the place to tell us your views, tips, news etc for the race.

I will probably put some sort of competition up for the Grand National.

Last edited by sportsville on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Grand National Thread Empty Re: Grand National Thread

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

Always Waining, the winner of the Topham last year must have a squeak at 40/1
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:38 pm

Popped out at lunch to put my bets on for this year's

went for Balthazar King at 16/1 & Big Fella Thanks at 40/1

Lets see if I can keep up my record of never winning anything on the grand national Very Happy

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:52 pm

The_Enigma wrote:Popped out at lunch to put my bets on for this year's

went for Balthazar King at 16/1 & Big Fella Thanks at 40/1

Lets see if I can keep up my record of never winning anything on the grand national Very Happy
You could just back all 40 runners and hope an outside wins?

The final declarations have been made. Soll is an interesting runner that has just sneaked into the race and is trading at 33/1. AP McCoy will be riding Colbert Station.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

2 Horses dead already, hurry up and ban this barbaric sport. It is the 21st century after all.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:06 pm

Duty281 wrote:2 Horses dead already, hurry up and ban this barbaric sport. It is the 21st century after all.
Ironically the 'safer' the National fences have become over the last 30 odd years the more fatalities there has been. The trouble is making the fences small encourages the horses to run fast and that makes falling more likely.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:16 pm

I have my selections down to about a dozen of horses. I think Seabass and Ballabriggs could run well again but it is not often a finisher in the race cames back and does better.

I do like the Willie Mullins horse On His Own but he did fall last year and has had only one run this season. Rare Bob was brought down last year when fifth and has been backed down from 33/1 to 16/1 this week.

Join Together ran well over these fences in December and could run a big race for last year's winning trainer and jockey in Paul Nicholls and Daryl Jacob.

Soll is just out of the handicap but ticks most of the other boxes in the 10 year trends. Could be a very good each way prospect at around 33/1. Joncol is a good standard bearer type from Ireland but questions to answer regarding the distance and going.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:21 am

A very different race from the norm this year with horses at the top end of the weight scale been given a bit of slack by the handicapper.A rule of thumb was to draw a line through anything with 11st or more but this renewal looks to favour horses above that weight band.Purely on the figures you cant get away from Imperial Commander,158 is his lowest mark for a handful of seasons and whilst he isnt the force of old he still retains enough class to get into contention,weight might tell in the closing stages but at around 20s he has to worth a small ew.Of the longer priced i like Quel Esprit and Forpady de plasterer.The former has solid grade one form and shaped much better than his finishing position states in the Irish Hennesy.Sure to be up there in the van and out fo trouble he could outrun his 50/1 price tag.The latter made his name over much shorter trips with top clas form at 2 and 2m4.His speed has wained over the last three seasons but he has shaped with promise on more than one occasion this term and whilst you are taking a big chance with stamina he is one for definite who will love the drying ground.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down