The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

+22
wayne
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
profitius
Shifty
Scrumdown
2ndtimeround
Kingshu
LordDowlais
mikey_philVIII
wales606
youngguns6
XR
Cardiff Dave
pioden gorllewin
Luckless Pedestrian
Jhamer25
thebluesmancometh
Stone Motif
Artful_Dodger
Allty
ScarletSpiderman
thespreys
26 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward - Page 11 Empty Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

Post by thespreys Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 16:18

First topic message reminder :

Nice to see the DRAGONS continue to supply welsh players of the future,bit of a joke 4 non welsh in one swoop,its time to cut their funding as they do nothing for the welsh cause.

thespreys

Back to top Go down

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward - Page 11 Empty Re: Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 20:12

[quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"][quote="Luckless Pedestrian"][quote="Allty"]I do not think NWQ's are of use to Welsh rugby.

They may have been some years back and when they were top quality but the players being brought in now are a waste. [/quote]

Every single one?

Have you seen them all play to be in a position to judge, and if so, have you seen domestic players on the market who are better?[/quote]

Whilst the NWQ's are in place there is clearly very little opportunity to see potential regional players perform.

[b]Having watched just about every game played by the regions since their start[/b] I just have to say yes I have seen the NWQ's in action.
[/quote]

I don't believe ewe.[/quote]

When you get to 70 and have had many moons of happy retirement and enjoy sport and can afford the time you can do these things CD.

I hope it happens for you.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward - Page 11 Empty Re: Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 20:13

Allty wrote:I do not think NWQ's are of use to Welsh rugby.

They may have been some years back and when they were top quality but the players being brought in now are a waste.

In reply to Griff I was told that the academies are producing new talent every year. Very Happy

I assume you mean Team Wales.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 20:19

Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Allty wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

They may have been some years back and when they were top quality but the players being brought in now are a waste.

Every single one?

Have you seen them all play to be in a position to judge, and if so, have you seen domestic players on the market who are better?

Whilst the NWQ's are in place there is clearly very little opportunity to see potential regional players perform.

Having watched just about every game played by the regions since their start I just have to say yes I have seen the NWQ's in action.

I don't believe ewe.

When you get to 70 and have had many moons of happy retirement and enjoy sport and can afford the time you can do these things CD.

How could you have watched just about every game though? You're making it up as you go along I reckon.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 20:24

thebluesmancometh wrote:

Every single one?

Have you seen them all play to be in a position to judge, and if so, have you seen domestic players on the market who are better?

I wouldn't waste your time on him LP, His styles are getting very similar to certain someone Rolling Eyes

Yes they are now you mention it. Spooky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:15

Mightily bored of this.
Like it or not, NWQs will continue to play a part in our game in some shape or form, whatever. They are not the problem.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:29

[quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"][quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"][quote="Luckless Pedestrian"][quote="Allty"]I do not think NWQ's are of use to Welsh rugby.

They may have been some years back and when they were top quality but the players being brought in now are a waste. [/quote]

Every single one?

Have you seen them all play to be in a position to judge, and if so, have you seen domestic players on the market who are better?[/quote]

[b]Having watched just about every game played by the regions since their start[/b] I just have to say yes I have seen the NWQ's in action.
[/quote]

I hope it happens for you.[/quote]

How could you have watched just about every game though? You're making it up as you go along I reckon.[/quote]

I said just about every game and I should have said Televised

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:30

[quote="Risca Rev"][quote="thebluesmancometh"][quote="Luckless Pedestrian"][quote="Allty"]I do not think NWQ's are of use to Welsh rugby.

Every single one?

I wouldn't waste your time on him LP, His styles are getting very similar to certain someone Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Yes they are now you mention it. Spooky.[/quote]

Name names guys. angel

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:31

"The Way Forward"? - a good start would be calling a spade, a spade.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:36

[quote="Cardiff Dave"]Mightily bored of this.
Like it or not, NWQs will continue to play a part in our game in some shape or form, whatever. They are not the problem. [/quote]

I dont think so CD. The regions will not be able to afford NWQ's of any ability.

The door to the last chance saloon has shut behind us and the Region WRU fiasco is making us the laughing stock of world rugby.

CFC and the Swans are now in the driving seat

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:37

Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Allty wrote:

Every single one?

Having watched just about every game played by the regions since their start I just have to say yes I have seen the NWQ's in action.

I don't believe ewe.

How could you have watched just about every game though? You're making it up as you go along I reckon.

I said just about every game and I should have said Televised

Yep and I bet you watched them all on the telly. By not supporting a specific region I guess you never ventured abroad to France or Italy for example. England even.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:38

[quote="Cardiff Dave"]"The Way Forward"? - a good start would be calling a spade, a spade.

[/quote]

Sorry you have lost me

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:39

[quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"][quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"][quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"][quote="Luckless Pedestrian"][quote="Allty"]I do not think NWQ's are of use to Welsh rugby.

Every single one?

[/quote]

I hope it happens for you.[/quote]

How could you have watched just about every game though? You're making it up as you go along I reckon.[/quote]

I said just about every game and I should have said Televised[/quote]

Yep and I bet you watched them all on the telly. By not supporting a specific region I guess you never ventured abroad to France or Italy for example. England even.[/quote]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I dont live in the UK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:50

Allty wrote:

Yep and I bet you watched them all on the telly. By not supporting a specific region I guess you never ventured abroad to France or Italy for example. England even.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I dont live in the UK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [/quote]

Are you having me on or what?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 21:57

Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:"The Way Forward"? - a good start would be calling a spade, a spade.

Sorry you have lost me

Thanks.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:12

Again Dave, wouldn't waste my time on someone we all may just know...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:24

thebluesmancometh wrote:Again Dave, wouldn't waste my time on someone we all may just know...

You're right, but sometimes you have to bite. I notice that the old duffer can't quote properly either.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:45

[quote="thebluesmancometh"]Again Dave, wouldn't waste my time on someone we all may just know...[/quote]

Go on tell us who you think I am

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:45

[quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="thebluesmancometh"]Again Dave, wouldn't waste my time on someone we all may just know...[/quote]

You're right, but sometimes you have to bite. I notice that the old duffer can't quote properly either.[/quote]

Please advise me how to quote properly.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:50

[quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="Allty"]

Yep and I bet you watched them all on the telly. By not supporting a specific region I guess you never ventured abroad to France or Italy for example. England even.[/quote]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I dont live in the UK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [/quote]

Are you having me on or what?[/quote]

No I do not live in the UK.

Most of my time is spent in far sunnier climes with the odd visit to Wales. Its a retired persons reward for hard work

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:53

[quote="Cardiff Dave"][quote="thebluesmancometh"]Again Dave, wouldn't waste my time on someone we all may just know...[/quote]

You're right, but sometimes you have to bite. I notice that the old duffer can't quote properly either.[/quote]

If you are lucky work hard you may become an old duffer.

One of the things we have in our favour is a lifetime of experience

I was a wild young man and now do my best to help others not make the same mistakes.

You learn by your mistakes and you few could be on a mega learning curve Very Happy

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Apr 2013 - 22:56

Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Allty wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I dont live in the UK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Are you having me on or what?

No I do not live in the UK.

Most of my time is spent in far sunnier climes with the odd visit to Wales. Its a retired persons reward for hard work[/quote]

Bloody foreigners.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 0:08

Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Mightily bored of this.
Like it or not, NWQs will continue to play a part in our game in some shape or form, whatever. They are not the problem.

I dont think so CD. The regions will not be able to afford NWQ's of any ability.

The door to the last chance saloon has shut behind us and the Region WRU fiasco is making us the laughing stock of world rugby.

Who are CFC? Laughing stock of World Rugby? I'm now more convinced I know who you are. Not a bad effort this account creation. I wouldn't have worked it out, until Bluesman said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 9:54

Gis a clue who I am Very Happy

CFC is CCFFC for short or the Cardiff City Fly Fishing Club

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 10:28

Allty wrote:To me the important thing is the outside half factory (Academies) being able to stay open and give today’s Jiffys a chance. This can only happen if our players can see that there is a chance of becoming a regional player

You're right. Today's young Welsh players must look at the regions fielding 12, 13 or more Welsh players in their XVs and despair.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 14:24

You forget the guy who does not make the squad because his way is blocked by a NWQ

All of our young players are important not just those who people think may become super stars

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 18:28

Allty wrote:To me the important thing is the outside half factory (Academies) being able to stay open and give today’s Jiffys a chance. This can only happen if our players can see that there is a chance of becoming a regional player

You're right. Today's young Welsh players must look at the regions fielding 12, 13 or more Welsh players in their XVs and despair.

The fly half factories are working double time seeing as since regionalism they have churned out Hook, Biggar, Priestland, Tovey, Patchell, Morgan, Stef Jones, Robling, Davies, Owen Williams and Jordan Williams.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 18:29

None of which have been blocked by a foreign player to my knowledge!

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 19:10

Risca Rev wrote:
Allty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Mightily bored of this.

Who are CFC? Laughing stock of World Rugby? I'm now more convinced I know who you are. Not a bad effort this account creation. I wouldn't have worked it out, until Bluesman said.

Hershey?

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 22:20

[quote="Griff"]None of which have been blocked by a foreign player to my knowledge![/quote]Hook sat on the Neath bench for ages.

Guys you take things too literally Very Happy

Since pro rugby became the norm the factory went mega drive and is deveoping players from 1 --- 15. Have any of those been blocked

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 7:47

Allty wrote:You forget the guy who does not make the squad because his way is blocked by a NWQ

His progress will only be 'blocked' if he's not as good as the NWQ. This is professional sport, not 'everyone wins a prize' day. If a young Welsh player is good enough, he'll get his chance.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 7:54

Why oh why is anyone still bothering with one of our old mates pretending to be a new character??

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 8:51

'Cos I don't know who you mean Bluesman! I don't do cryptic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 8:55

Allty wrote:
Griff wrote:None of which have been blocked by a foreign player to my knowledge!

Hook sat on the Neath bench for ages.

Since pro rugby became the norm the factory went mega drive and is deveoping players from 1 --- 15. Have any of those been blocked

Neath? As in the team that joined with Swansea to form the Ospreys, pre regionalism? So 2002??? He would have been 16. Damn right he was on the bench at that age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 9:38

[quote="Griff"][quote="Allty"][quote="Griff"]None of which have been blocked by a foreign player to my knowledge![/quote]

[b]Hook sat on the Neath bench for ages.[/b]

Since pro rugby became the norm the factory went mega drive and is deveoping players from 1 --- 15. Have any of those been blocked[/quote]

Neath? As in the team that joined with Swansea to form the Ospreys, pre regionalism? So 2002??? He would have been 16. Damn right he was on the bench at that age.[/quote]

Do keep up Griff Very Happy and dont let facts get in the way of points scoring

He was turning out for Neath in the Prem.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 9:39

[quote="thebluesmancometh"]Why oh why is anyone still bothering with one of our old mates pretending to be a new character??[/quote]

Cos they like me Very Happy

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 10:03

Allty wrote:
Griff wrote:
Allty wrote:
Griff wrote:None of which have been blocked by a foreign player to my knowledge!

Hook sat on the Neath bench for ages.

Neath? As in the team that joined with Swansea to form the Ospreys, pre regionalism? So 2002??? He would have been 16. Damn right he was on the bench at that age.

Do keep up Griff Very Happy and dont let facts get in the way of points scoring

He was turning out for Neath in the Prem.

So tell us who was blocking him at the Ospreys?

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 10:37

I'll let you into a secret...Lyn Jones

I have also explained it is not about one name.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:25

With regards to blocking players... Do you not remember a has-been Martyn Williams blocking a certain mr Warburton?

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:30

That doesn't count, Mikey. Apparently it's impossible for a Welsh player to block another Welsh player. Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:51

thebluesmancometh wrote:Why oh why is anyone still bothering with one of our old mates pretending to be a new character??

Bluesman, not too sure who you believe Allty to be, however he is not a returning poster, so please can you drop the accusations.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:42

[quote="mikey_philVIII"]With regards to blocking players... Do you not remember a has-been Martyn Williams blocking a certain mr Warburton? [/quote]

A Welsh player can not block another Welsh player. Its not too difficult to understand why.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:44

[quote="ScarletSpiderman"][quote="thebluesmancometh"]Why oh why is anyone still bothering with one of our old mates pretending to be a new character??[/quote]

Bluesman, not too sure who you believe Allty to be, however he is not a returning poster, so please can you drop the accusations.[/quote]

Thanks SS I dont mind the banter When you are 70 very little bothers you Very Happy

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:45

[quote="Luckless Pedestrian"]That doesn't count, Mikey. Apparently it's impossible for a Welsh player to block another Welsh player. Headscratch [/quote]

Think about it. Very Happy

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:52

There's nothing to think about, Allty. Player A blocks player B regardless of their nationalities. What you seem to be saying is that you care about the young Welsh player who's being kept out of the side by a NWQ, but not about the young Welsh player being kept out by a fellow Welshman.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 14:20

[quote="Luckless Pedestrian"]There's nothing to think about, Allty. Player A blocks player B regardless of their nationalities. What you seem to be saying is that you care about the young Welsh player who's being kept out of the side by a NWQ, but not about the young Welsh player being kept out by a fellow Welshman. [/quote]

You really have a problem with this dont you.

Does Mike Phillips block Knoyle or does he block a French player or is Phillips the best Welsh 9.

Does Adam J block A.N. Other or is AJ the best Welsh TH available.

Think about it. It is really basic stuff.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 14:33

Without resorting to riddles, please explain to me how:

Player A, a NWQ player, blocks the progress of a young Welsh player;

Player B, a Welsh player, does not block the progress of a young Welsh player.

For the sake of my sanity, say what you mean.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 14:39; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 14:37

Allty, people have a problem with your 'welsh players can't block welsh players' arguement because it is illogical.

If a player is unable to get game time it is because they are being blocked from wearing the shirt. Whether the player currently wearing the shirt is the best player to have ever played in that possition, or a tool who can not catch the ball, the fact is they are blocking the other players from playing in that shirt.

Looking at the regions, at the moment, you could argue that Phil John is blocking Rhodri Jones. Part of the reason Matthew Rees and Tavis Knoyle are moving to new teams this summer is because they have been blocking (and costing more) the path of younger players such as Ken Owens, Kirby Myhill, and Emyr Phillips at hooker, and Rhodri Williams, Gareth & Aled Davies.

Think about it. It is really basic stuff (as you put it)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 15:29

[quote="ScarletSpiderman"]Allty, people have a problem with your 'welsh players can't block welsh players' arguement because it is illogical.

If a player is unable to get game time it is because they are being blocked from wearing the shirt. Whether the player currently wearing the shirt is the best player to have ever played in that possition, or a tool who can not catch the ball, the fact is they are blocking the other players from playing in that shirt.

Looking at the regions, at the moment, you could argue that Phil John is blocking Rhodri Jones. Part of the reason Matthew Rees and Tavis Knoyle are moving to new teams this summer is because they have been blocking (and costing more) the path of younger players such as Ken Owens, Kirby Myhill, and Emyr Phillips at hooker, and Rhodri Williams, Gareth & Aled Davies.

Think about it. It is really basic stuff (as you put it)[/quote]

A Welsh player is not blocking a lesser Welsh player. In a simple form it can be equated to a second team player trying to get into the first team and until he is good enough or better than the incumbent he isn't being blocked

If you are talking game-time it is another matter and we need to move on to the structure of Welsh rugby with a main focus on regional A teams and the use of the Prem.

However it can not be disputed that NWQ's are clearly blocking WQ's.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 15:43

Facepalm, facepalm, FACEPALM!

Allty wrote:It can be equated to a second team player trying to get into the first team and until he is good enough or better than the incumbent he isn't being blocked.

I agree with this 100%. What I can't fathom is why you think that equation changes automatically when the incumbent is NWQ. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that a NWQ might be the best player in his position?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 15:55

Allty wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:That doesn't count, Mikey. Apparently it's impossible for a Welsh player to block another Welsh player. Headscratch

Think about it. Very Happy

But with my example Allty a welsh player was blocking another welsh player, fact. We had a really poor JT at 6 and MW at 7 for too long. When Lydiate and Warbs were ready these two has beens were in their way. When the latter finally got a run of games together they proved to be our best back-row forwards for decades.

Why Williams got another contract extension I'll never know. Despite a players popularity you don't just keep him on for the sake of it in this pro era we're trying to compete in.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next