The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Cunningham

+5
bhb001
TopHat24/7
lfc91
eddyfightfan
BoxingFan88
9 posters

Go down

Fury vs Cunningham Empty Fury vs Cunningham

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:30 pm

Haven't seen anyone post this...

Channel 5 will be showing the Fury vs Cunningham fight this Saturday.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/international-boxing-tyson-fury-v-steve-cunningham/episodes/international-boxing-tyson-fury-v-steve-cunningham

How do we see this one going?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Cunningham Empty Re: Fury vs Cunningham

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

i have given up predicting fights, im getting bad at it. however i hope tyson boxs 12 sensible rounds like he did against johnson, as cunningham isn't a slouch by any means.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:34 pm

Great news. The second best British heavyweight fighting before millions of fans. Lets hope he does a number on Cunningham. Are Hugher, Louis and Dewey Fury fighting on the undercard?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

I'm keeping my predictions to myself from now on!!!!

I'm not sure what the card is, however it looks like it starts a little early, so its possible it will have an undercard as well.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

yep to the undercard.

im hoping we have seen the last of furys reckless days, but i doubt it. if fury does win and so does haye, i can see a fight between the 2.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm

Slightly off topic but cunningham seems to be ranked quite highly(at least on boxrec anyway), but hes only had 2 fights at heavyweights and one of those was a loss to adamek. Doesnt make much sense to me.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:41 pm

Cunningham gave Adamek hell, so it should be a good test.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:42 pm

lfc91 wrote:Slightly off topic but cunningham seems to be ranked quite highly(at least on boxrec anyway), but hes only had 2 fights at heavyweights and one of those was a loss to adamek. Doesnt make much sense to me.

Probably his exploits at Cruiserweight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:45 pm

Must be the reason, although was he not coming off 2 losses when he moved to heavy? Either way i think its a good fight and i will be tuned in.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

azania wrote:Great news. The second best British heavyweight fighting before millions of fans. Lets hope he does a number on Cunningham. Are Hugher, Louis and Dewey Fury fighting on the undercard?

?

Presume Channel 5 aren't showing it since they've dropped boxing, which is the only way 1m+ would watch the fight, Sky won't show it so he's only got a shot at Boxnation which may get him 50-100k viewers.

Be interesting to see if he can actually fill a stadium for once (without giving away free tickets).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:07 am

Top hat, they are showing it. That is the point. Starts 21.30 goes through to 23:00

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:13 am

Who is 'they'? C5?

Thought they'd dropped boxing, or was that just for new fights?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:26 am

The link to Ch5 says they are continuing with boxing. The problems seemed to have stemmed with the Exec who brought boxing to Ch5 leaving or getting fired. Looks to be all back on track for Hennessy.

Cunningham is a live opponent in my view. He knows how to box so will expose Fury's crudeness at times. Cunningham's chin ain't great so I expect Fury to do some serious damage if he gets some leverage into his punches. He's also going to be leaning down on Cunningham ala a Klitschko so Cunningham's stamina will be tested.

I think Fury will get the win but it won't be straightforward and he will have to dig deep and use those inbred fighting man qualities he likes to remind us of.

A step up in my view. Better opponent than Haye's.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:21 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Who is 'they'? C5?

Thought they'd dropped boxing, or was that just for new fights?

Yes. "They" are C5. Look at their schedule

http://www.channel5.com/channels/channel-5?range=future&date=2013-04-20

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:22 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Great news. The second best British heavyweight fighting before millions of fans. Lets hope he does a number on Cunningham. Are Hugher, Louis and Dewey Fury fighting on the undercard?

?

Presume Channel 5 aren't showing it since they've dropped boxing, which is the only way 1m+ would watch the fight, Sky won't show it so he's only got a shot at Boxnation which may get him 50-100k viewers.

Be interesting to see if he can actually fill a stadium for once (without giving away free tickets).

All boxing fans and British people (including travellers) will not go out and get pi$$ed as usual on saturday night. Fury will keep them entertained and beat the american for Britain.

Come on Fury. Show that at least one British HW has a chin.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:56 pm

We already know he doesn't (have a chin). What he has is strong recovery powers. Which he might not even need fighting a little cruiserweight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Strongback wrote:The link to Ch5 says they are continuing with boxing. The problems seemed to have stemmed with the Exec who brought boxing to Ch5 leaving or getting fired. Looks to be all back on track for Hennessy.

Cunningham is a live opponent in my view. He knows how to box so will expose Fury's crudeness at times. Cunningham's chin ain't great so I expect Fury to do some serious damage if he gets some leverage into his punches. He's also going to be leaning down on Cunningham ala a Klitschko so Cunningham's stamina will be tested.

I think Fury will get the win but it won't be straightforward and he will have to dig deep and use those inbred fighting man qualities he likes to remind us of.

Not sure id agree mate!

Cunningham his a blown up crusierweight thats flabby at the weight. He has also lost 3 of his last 4 fights with his only win coming against Jason Gavern via UD.

Fury should smash him to peices given the size difference and substantial weight difference.

Manuel Charr is a legitimate heavyweight with decent power. Yes he has not fought great opposition, but he has fought with Vitali for a World Title, and has beaten some decent fighters like Zack Page, Danny Williams, Sherman Williams.

Fury should be looking at fighting Povetkin, Chagaev, Charr, Banks, Boytsov?

Why did Mick and co state that Cuningham was the best in the US again? Didnt they say that about that fat lad they fought last time out?!

Tyson should win via KO, anything less for me is a let down.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:05 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

?

All boxing fans and British people (including travellers) will not go out and get pi$$ed as usual on saturday night. Fury will keep them entertained and beat the american for Britain.

HA! Nice on Az. Although, would you not agree that Chisora has a very decent chin?

Id also go as far to say that Fury does not have a dence set of whiskers either with him being dropped easily against a powder puncher, and Chisora had him wobbled on numerous occasions. Had Del Boy been fit, he woudl have got him outta there 100%.

I dont think he will have problems against Cunningham though, should be straight forward and easy nights work.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:
Strongback wrote:The link to Ch5 says they are continuing with boxing. The problems seemed to have stemmed with the Exec who brought boxing to Ch5 leaving or getting fired. Looks to be all back on track for Hennessy.

Not sure id agree mate!

Cunningham his a blown up crusierweight thats flabby at the weight. He has also lost 3 of his last 4 fights with his only win coming against Jason Gavern via UD.

Fury should smash him to peices given the size difference and substantial weight difference.

Manuel Charr is a legitimate heavyweight with decent power. Yes he has not fought great opposition, but he has fought with Vitali for a World Title, and has beaten some decent fighters like Zack Page, Danny Williams, Sherman Williams.

Why did Mick and co state that Cuningham was the best in the US again? Didnt they say that about that fat lad they fought last time out?!

Absolutely right. Which is why Haye isn't fighting Manuel Charr. He is fighting Andrzej Wawrzyk. Check out boxing rec

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=155774&cat=boxer

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:19 pm

?!?!?!?! What!?

My bad, had no idea that he was fighting against this guy.

Who is he and why is Haye fighting him?!

I take my comment back!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

bhb001 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:

Not sure id agree mate!

Absolutely right. Which is why Haye isn't fighting Manuel Charr. He is fighting Andrzej Wawrzyk. Check out boxing rec

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=155774&cat=boxer

Tbh, the point probably still holds. Who's a better/more dangerous HW opponent - a cruiserweight whose only two HW outings were loses to add to the 3 other losses on this CV and with a 40% ko ratio; or a career HW with no losses (but no opponenets as good as those lost to by Cunningham) and marginally better ko ratio?

I honestly think it's pretty close.

Really the only difference is this is still a step up/in the right direction for Fury whereas for Haye it's not really a credible fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

My friends who are casual fans have been asking me about Fury, so its great that boxing continued on channel 5.

We also get the master Al Bernstein as a commentator as well, always enjoy his insight!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

I don't see why this is seen as such a test for Tyson. Hernandez was close to knocking USS out a couple of times and he's just a big cruiser.

Even if Fury takes flush shots and doesn't budge it doesn't prove anything, Cunningham wasn't a big puncher against 200 pounders he's not gonna be a big puncher against a 250 pounder. If anyone's getting stopped, it's Cunningham, and given the physical disadvantages I can't see him outboxing Fury either.

Anything other than a KO win for Fury is a dissapointment, and this tells us ZERO about how he'd fare vs a Klistchko.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:

Not sure id agree mate!

Do you think any of those names will risk their rankings when Vitali retires?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:We already know he doesn't (have a chin). What he has is strong recovery powers. Which he might not even need fighting a little cruiserweight.

He has a great chin. He tested it himself to prove all doubters wrong. He stood up to his own power punches. Imagine Priceless punching himselflike that. He would be flat out and scraped off the canvass.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:47 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

?

HA! Nice on Az. Although, would you not agree that Chisora has a very decent chin?

Id also go as far to say that Fury does not have a dence set of whiskers either with him being dropped easily against a powder puncher, and Chisora had him wobbled on numerous occasions. Had Del Boy been fit, he woudl have got him outta there 100%.

I dont think he will have problems against Cunningham though, should be straight forward and easy nights work.

Ifs and buts. The bottom line is that Fury has the zero and is the second best HW in Britain. Lets all get behind our boys. OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:We already know he doesn't (have a chin). What he has is strong recovery powers. Which he might not even need fighting a little cruiserweight.

He has a great chin. He tested it himself to prove all doubters wrong. He stood up to his own power punches. Imagine Priceless punching himselflike that. He would be flat out and scraped off the canvass.

Nobody that gets dropped by Firtha can claim to have a decent chin, let alone a great chain. Recovery, yes, chin, no.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Nobody that gets dropped by Firtha can claim to have a decent chin, let alone a great chain. Recovery, yes, chin, no.

Sory but if a 16st guy hits you, you're likely to go down. Snipes was not a known puncher but had Larry breakdancing. It happens. If it was a slap then I'd agree that he was chinny like the other dude.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:54 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Sory but if a 16st guy hits you, you're likely to go down. Snipes was not a known puncher but had Larry breakdancing. It happens. If it was a slap then I'd agree that he was chinny like the other dude.

Really? Because 23 of the 31 people he's fought didn't seem to have an issue.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:57 pm

Obviously he didn't hit them on the right spot. Or with full power. Great punch and showed Fury's immense bravery in climbing off the canvas and winning in an exciting fight. Great TV.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:57 pm

How much did you bribe these guys to get your blue peter badge? Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

It was a sign of desperation, I'm sure you'll agree!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:18 pm

Absolutely. How standards have fallen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

Having risen steeply following your sacking!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:29 pm

Ouch OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down