The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock peed off with WWE

+19
nasisillmatic
Mr Video Man
Dave.
crippledtart
liverbnz
Dolphin Ziggler
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Dr Gregory House MD
kingraf
theundisputedY2D2
MetalMotty
MIG
Kid Vicious
Mr H
Shot 21 LCFC
JamesLincs
Bull
Crimey
Clunge4life
23 posters

Go down

The Rock peed off with WWE Empty The Rock peed off with WWE

Post by Clunge4life Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

As noted the day after the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view, there was "absolute panic" backstage at RAW the following night in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up The Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. The problem was that The Rock was not there and went home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers rewrote the show, most specifically the opening segment. The Rock was actually scheduled to open RAW with a promo about losing the WWE title to John Cena, only to be attacked and taken out by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. This would set up the WrestleMania 30 main event.

In addition to the opening segment being re-written, there was a second major angle to set up the main feud going forward and the Extreme Rules main event involving John Cena's next title defense. The Rock was said to be involved in that, which of course led to further revisions.

WZROnline.com was informed that The Rock stayed in a New Jersey hotel that Sunday night and then left home first thing Monday morning. The Rock did not notify anyone from WWE that he was flying home. After failing to respond to numerous phone calls, the company was finally able to get in contact with Rock around 3:00PM on Monday afternoon. Once doing so, he was claiming to be "injured" and told them he wouldn't be able to make RAW, which was airing several hours later. This obviously caused major re-writes to the show and sent WWE into panic-mode, as noted before. WWE was completely caught off guard and wasn't even aware Rock had flown home, as the "Brahma Bull" had failed to inform anyone.

At 6:00AM EST, prior to The Rock getting on a plane and flying home, he replied to UFC President Dana White with the following: @danawhite Appreciate that brother! A helluva show. My tequila bottle awaits when I get home. Can't wait for #UFC 159 #Bones The last message that The Rock sent was a reply to a fan at 7:53 AM ET. He then boarded a plane home.

According to our sources, while The Rock may be legitimately injured, there is much more to the story than just that. Following his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29, we're told he "stormed out" of Metlife Stadium and refused to see any of WWE's doctors. He simply told them that he was only going to see his own doctors, but did not say he was flying home to do so.

Additionally, WZROnline.com sources indicated that The Rock was upset that the original plans for WrestleMania 29 had been changed on the day of the show. There were plans up until the very last minute where The Rock would retain the WWE title and then drop it at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

Despite what you see during interviews with John Cena and The Rock, there is legitimate heat between the two and they simply don't get along in real life. The two are said to be "cordial" backstage but there is a "battle of egos" and you can tell there is tension between the two according to those backstage.

Following WrestleMania, The Rock posted the following on his Twitter account regarding his "injury": Injury update: Dr's & I elected not to reattach tendons to my pelvis. They'll just scar up. Now I prep to shoot HERCULES #TheDemiGOD

Despite these "injuries", The Rock is still in the gym training and is telling people he's "avoiding surgery" as it would delay the shoot for Hercules: The Thracian Wars.

We'll give you the moral of the story below with bullet points:

* The Rock claims he's injured.
* The Rock "stormed out" of WrestleMania 29 and refused to see WWE's doctors.
* The Rock flew home without notifying ANYONE in WWE, including Vince McMahon.
* WWE tried to get in contact with The Rock all day on Monday. He didn't answer until 3:00PM, after the show had been written involving him.
* The Rock wasn't backstage at RAW .... not even to cut a promo, etc.
* The Rock was upset that the original WrestleMania 29 plans had been changed ... all the way up until the day of the show.
* The Rock is claiming he's injured (severely) but he's already back in the gym and training.

We can confirm that The Rock is legitimately peed off at WWE and has basically "walked out" out on the company for now. Add that to the fact that he didn't notify anyone that he was leaving (couldn't even cut a promo on RAW) and is already back training after suffering several severe injuries and you've got many skeptical people in WWE right now.

We'll have another update on The Rock either late tonight or tomorrow morning. As of now, the two sides have not communicated since WrestleMania 29 and there is no word on what his future with the company is as of this writing. We hope to have more shortly

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

The Rock peed off with WWE Empty Re: The Rock peed off with WWE

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

Really The Rock has no right to be peed off with the WWE, only the other way around. I imagine he'll stay away from wrestling for a while now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

what he said ^^^^^^

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:13 pm

probably his last match?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

If this is true (and I never fully believe the old "according to sources" reports) then I struggle to see him ever returning to WWE.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

I hope so. I’m sick of The Rock and his tired act. I said in a previous thread how The Rock always says how it’s about the people when in reality its all about him. He’s a self indulgent, big headed piece of sh*t who demands the spotlight for his own benefit. So he wanted 2 main event Wrestlemania wins over Cena 2 years in a row and flipped out when these plans were changed? That wouldn’t be good for business. The Rock isn’t good for business. He’s full of his own self importance and it makes me sick that the best and most deserving title reign in the modern era was followed up by one of the worst and least deserving of all time.

Don’t rush back Dwayne.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

Rock's gone?
The Rock peed off with WWE 3559488474

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:54 pm

Mr H wrote:I hope so. I’m sick of The Rock and his tired act. I said in a previous thread how The Rock always says how it’s about the people when in reality its all about him. He’s a self indulgent, big headed piece of sh*t who demands the spotlight for his own benefit. So he wanted 2 main event Wrestlemania wins over Cena 2 years in a row and flipped out when these plans were changed? That wouldn’t be good for business. The Rock isn’t good for business. He’s full of his own self importance and it makes me sick that the best and most deserving title reign in the modern era was followed up by one of the worst and least deserving of all time.

Don’t rush back Dwayne.

no one cares about what you think your one person so to say its bad for business is pathetic, do you work at the E no do you run a mega big company no so please sit down.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:57 pm

I think he will come back, they'll sort something out, but if Rock was genuinely injured I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't eager to get into the ring again.

He has come across awfully in this run, he's been not been great on the mic, in the ring he's been average and now backstage reports are making him come across as a huge diva backstage.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

The Rock got me into wrestling really but after his recent run/performances I must say I won't miss him while he's gone and I'm not sure I'd even be that bothered if that was his last match.

@ TheBrahmaBull, calm down its not like Mr H dissed your mum or anything Laugh

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

hey you have no damn right to bring a family member into this.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

Wow im suprised and then again im not.
suprised about the rock cause he is not really known for being political or not professional.
but he is a hollywood star so may think he is better and doesnt need WWE

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:
Mr H wrote:I hope so. I’m sick of The Rock and his tired act. I said in a previous thread how The Rock always says how it’s about the people when in reality its all about him. He’s a self indulgent, big headed piece of sh*t who demands the spotlight for his own benefit. So he wanted 2 main event Wrestlemania wins over Cena 2 years in a row and flipped out when these plans were changed? That wouldn’t be good for business. The Rock isn’t good for business. He’s full of his own self importance and it makes me sick that the best and most deserving title reign in the modern era was followed up by one of the worst and least deserving of all time.

Don’t rush back Dwayne.

no one cares about what you think your one person so to say its bad for business is pathetic, do you work at the E no do you run a mega big company no so please sit down.

Laugh

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm

Mr H wrote:
TheBrahmaBull wrote:

Don’t rush back Dwayne.

Laugh

He did it for Da Rock!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

The Rock has put more superstars over than most superstars, Im not buying the diva rant.
If the plan was changed last minute, then I can see why he was mad. In real world terms, it doesnt make sense, but in wrestling, what happened was bad. I mean, a result gets changed last minute, and then the guy prceeds to no sell everything you do? I think the Rock feels genuinely shafted by the E, and being a film star who probably makes more than the entire roster, probably had a 'I dont need this' moment.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:35 pm

Can't say ill miss him, he's been almost a parody of himself since he came back, bar a couple of more intense promos, its been joke, story, joke, trending, joke

There will be a lot of 'he said, she said' coming out of this, one thing we do know coming out of this is that Rock was not on raw, and WWE would definatly have used him if he was available

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 16 Apr 2013, 3:49 pm

Don’t rush back Dwayne.

Spot on.

The Rock is everything that was wrong with the build up and the execution of a poor Wrestlemania.
He has completely destroyed his credibility and his legend - which to be honest, I never rated anywhere near as highly as Stone Cold Steve Austin's to begin with.

Rock's routine was tired in 2001, never mind today.

Like him or lump him - John Cena is a professional. Rock beating him at LAST YEAR's Wrestlemania was a mistake. To see it happen again this year would be ridiculous.

Says it all that one of the best Raw's in recent memory didn't have The Rock, or Brock Lesnar, or Triple H on it. Can the tired stuff. The new school are ready and good enough.

Walk away Rock. Nobody's looking pal.
You well and truly bored me.

If that's what being electrified feels like - I want to be Amish

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:29 pm

Well i guess Brett Hart will be happy Smile

"I thought when he did the big move on (Cena), he kind of flubbed it up. He didn’t do it very well. It was like a four out of 10! They seemed to trip with their toes. They didn’t really get positioned right at all. They kind of tripped over each other. It’s hard to say who tripped over who, but I thought somebody flubbed it. Maybe Rock flubbed it. Yeah, I would say four out of 10. Four may be generous!"

The Rock peed off with WWE 685p4g

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm

I wonder whether The Rock, or the fans, will have learnt the lesson that some things are better left in the past. Love him or loathe him, it's hard to deny his impact on the business in the late 90's, but that was two maybe three era's of wrestling in the past. I'm a firm believer that wrestling should always be moving forward, and bringing back old stars, whether that be Big John Studd in 1988, or The Rock in 2011 is never a good move.

Sure, it's great to be a child once more and have that mark out moment of seeing your favourite superstar one last time, but rarely are they as good as you remember them being, and everyone feels a little deflated because of it. Maybe it's because they're older and have slowed down, or maybe they weren't that good to begin with, and time and nostalgia has clouded any judgement. The Rock's return has been somewhat of an anti-climax, but is no different to many others.

And what has he been brought back for? Cos it certainly isn't to put over the new guys to take the business forward. Sporadic, scripted promo's, the burying of the best guy in the business and two average matches with the face of today's product. Worth it?

WWE should take notice of this. Is he worth the money? Is he worth the diva tantrums? Is he worth the bad vibes in the locker room? Is the product better with or without him?

And another thing WWE have to ask themselves with regards to The Rock... how serious are they with their wellness policy? Yeah, I'm going there. How many wrestlers have punched their ticket at give or take 40 years old whilst training for that big return? Rock's got lucky so far, cos if that physique is down to chicken, potatoes and his love of pancakes then I'm a Dutchman.

The WWE are right on the cusp of a new Golden Age / Attitude Era; the new school are certainly ready and good enough. They just haven't got the bottle to pull the trigger on them.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm

Wrestlemania 28 was the biggest PPV in WWE history. Why? The Rock.
Summerslam 2012 got 350 000 ppv buys. Why? The Brock.

These part-timers are doing good business for the E. Also The Rock has put over a ton of superstars in his time. Remember his last match in 2002? Put over Brock.
I mean the Rock once lost to the Hurricane, on TV! Has your hero Punk lost to, Sin Cara, Bourne? You guys are so myopic! Im not even a fan of the Rock, but youre showing poor form.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm

I've liked the Rock since his comeback, accepted him for not being the rock of 10 years ago and just enjoyed a babyface who isn't sickeningly childish. Not to say I believe anything "a source" says, but if I take all this as true then id get the feeling Cena was always planned to win, but maybe that's not the story they told Rocky.

I think Rock winning was best for business first time and could have been best for business again, especially with the win for Cena at ER.

I didnt mind The Rock not being on TV every week and I thought the build this year was decent. They sucked me in again so it did the job. It did the job for WWE and The Rock's films too, GI Joe opening majorly successfully for a sequel to a film not particularly highly regarded. Whilst there is no definitive proof, combining the dramatic results and the info that WWE Studios film The Call has also done well enough to get a sequel due to mainstream appeal, I think there's some signs that its a partnership that works.

WWE know the benefits and they have a long relationship with The Rock. They'll want him for WM30 and no doubt production companies will want The Rock there too. I for one will enjoy that. I like part timers coming back and adding something extra. I like the rock, that includes in the ring too where I still think he puts on a decent show and runs a story well.

The rumours will continue on dirt sheet sites cos they know it fuels visits. Give me something solid and I'll believe it, quote me a source and I'll picture Kelvin Mackenzie talking to Piers Morgan about how big a Muppet they both are

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:03 pm

kingraf wrote:Wrestlemania 28 was the biggest PPV in WWE history. Why? The Rock.
Summerslam 2012 got 350 000 ppv buys. Why? The Brock.

Nope, sorry. That's economics and a growing fan base.
Wrestlemania 30 will be the biggest PPV in WWE history. Wrestlemania 40 will be even bigger. That doesn't mean the product is superior or that the event sold out because Ryback made his long awaited return, it's because the value of the dollar has risen and a 40 year loyal fan base is larger than a 5 year fan base.

Last edited by Kid Vicious on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

Say what you like; I think WWE dropped a bollock not going with Punk champion until WM and then facing Cena.
That should have been what the whole year was about.
Faith placed on the only two guys who have delivered a "5 star match" for thee WWE in how long?

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:30 pm

Not too saddened by this if I'm honest but I don't believe that Rock was going to go over Cena 2 years in a row in the mania main event.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

Who cares what bret hart says he is nothing but bitter

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 16 Apr 2013, 6:36 pm

I don't believe a lot of the story.

I do think it was a huge coup to get The Rock back for some more PPV matches at this point in his life, when he makes far more from being a movie star than he does from wrestling, and doesn't have to put up with backstage moaners, underhand bosses and a generally ungrateful reaction from colleagues, fans and the very people he's making rich.

His act may be a little tired (it was never as good as Austin's) but the fact is that The Rock is the biggest star in wrestling bar none.

But at least he's not as bad as Brahma bull's mum.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 16 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch wrote:Say what you like; I think WWE dropped a bollock not going with Punk champion until WM and then facing Cena.
That should have been what the whole year was about.
Faith placed on the only two guys who have delivered a "5 star match" for thee WWE in how long?

Make Punk v Cena for WM30 PLEASE!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 16 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

of course just because its what the wrestling "geeks" say it doesn't make it true
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:40 am

I just don't believe this story for one minute.

The Rock has always known what's good for business and willingly put over numerous people, I've always thought he wanted to put Cena over in the end, whether they have heat or not.

With these stories coming out, I believe it's a work. With the sole purpose to get Cena over with the fans. Rock comes back in a few months to major heat, Cena gives the people what they want and sends the arrogant Rock back to Hollywood for good.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by cloudsm Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:06 am

I don't think it helped how smug Cena looked after the match and the stupid salute he did at the top of the stage. I agree that Cena should have won just the way he acted was a bit annoying.

cloudsm

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

Does this mean WWE are now officially between The Rock and a hard place?

I'll get my coat... Run
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:03 pm

I flip flop between thinking Bull is a grumpy 40 year old, or 12.

Somethings fishy about the injury, but this story seems far fetched. Rock beating Cena twice in the main event of WM, then losing at ER?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

Apparently Punk has had a major fallout with WWE and tried to quit before Mania. He also isn't expected back until Summerslam. Can't remember the source but Bleacher had it on their WWE page.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

You had me until you said Bleacher.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Korankye88 Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:15 pm

It's on nodq.com aswell about punk
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:17 pm

I dont think thats true tbh

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm

The Punk story strikes me as just trying to make a story out of nothing.

The Rock one I am not convinced, the stories of the injury but going back to training immediately do seem a bit odd. I think a lot will be exaggerated, I don't believe the stories of the result being changed or anything like that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 17 Apr 2013, 8:29 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Does this mean WWE are now officially between The Rock and a hard place?

I'll get my coat... Run

that was awful
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down