The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing films you've never seen

+22
Pr4wn
Adam D
Gaelic-Warrior
Cari
ADMIN
dummy_half
The Galveston Giant
Thomond
Dx Dan.
A Fine Folk.
Cheesehead United
Mr Bounce
User Name
AquaArab
GG
scfc1992
David Tails
Luke
hornbloweroafc
Clunge4life
Derbyblue
Sway
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amazing films you've never seen - Page 2 Empty Amazing films you've never seen

Post by Sway Thu 05 May 2011, 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

You know the kind of thing I mean, the moment you tell someone that you have never seen a certain film and they get that confused, almost concerned look on their poor face and then exclaim

"WHAT!!! You've never seen it......not even once"

Well you know what, no I haven't - and I don't care that it broke all known box office records and millions of people have seen it, or that it's considered a classic, or that your sister and her husband, who never usually go to the cinema, well even they went to see it, or that your mate, who doesn't really like this type of film, well even he enjoyed it !

I don't care because I know for a fact that unless I am forced at gunpoint I am never, ever, going to watch this film.

And for me the amazing film I've never seen is Avatar - Not in 3D or HD or on Blu-Ray, not at the cinema or at home , I can honestly say that I've never even watched a trailer for it. Nearly three hours of computer generated blue people Muppet around in a forest - I'll give it a miss thanks

So come on, what's the must see movie that, for whatever reason, you've just never got round to watching ?

Sway

Back to top Go down

Amazing films you've never seen - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing films you've never seen

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:45 am

Hobo wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
Hobo wrote:Saving Private Ryan is terrbile - dont watch it due to the graphic nature. Insteade avoid it due to overlong poor story telling that goes nowhere.

I am a huge Spielberg fan but this was terrible.

Wow.

Wow indeed! Other than the frantic opening 20 minutes on the beach, the film was flat, lacking in any real substance and overly long.

The ending was good but overall just a tedious, monotonous film whose only marketable element was the realism of the opening salvo.

I am being serious - terribly over rated.

I though it was a great film, was a little long but so was Braveheart, FREEDOM!
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Amazing films you've never seen - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing films you've never seen

Post by Pal Joey Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:18 am

I haven't seen
All Harry Potter (can't sit through them...they bore me)
All Lord Of The Rings
Men In Black

Some great/good war films already mentioned but I'd add

Stalingrad (german version)
Napola - brutal film about young boxer recruited to an elite nazi academy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2