The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browne vs Toney

+2
bhb001
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

Browne vs Toney Empty Browne vs Toney

Post by hampo17 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:32 am

Browne won be a near shut out over the weekend over a well past it Toney, and I think it's time for him to come over to the UK and try and get in with some European level fighters.

It would be a good move for Hatton to try and get him in with Chisora in my opinion. Chisora looked less than impressive last time out and it would be a good way to announce himself to the UK fans.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Browne vs Toney Empty Re: Browne vs Toney

Post by bhb001 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:48 am

I thought you meant get Toney in with Chisora!! Then read it again. I agree with getting an American to test themselves against the Europeans as it generally makes for more competative fights and a true gauge of the state of boxing in each area. One up after last weekend I would say!! Is Chisora a good bench mark? Now that is debateable

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:54 am

Browne hasn't fought anyone of any real note and is unlikely to get a decent test in Australia, Chisora is certainly a step up from what he's been facing so far.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:03 am

Doh. Didn't realise that Browne was an Australian. Still, the more mixing the better and we desperately need good heavy weights to come through. Get him over here, Hatton!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:16 am

I think Chisora is a very good benchmark, when in good shape, he has only lost to World champs. Thats the definition of a gateway
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:16 am

Toney was robbed, I tells ya!

I agree with the premise of the article, that Browne really needs to dust off his passport so we can see what he's actually made of. The Heavyweight scene down in the Antipodes has never really been much cop; if you look at Australia's finest boxing exports, none of them have really been the big fellas (not since the days of that plastic Aussie Peter Jackson, anyway!).

Australians are always well received on these shores in particular, so how about Browne-Chisora? Warren's a bit more flexible now, what with BoxNation's ability to work with overseas promoters, so it might be a decent one to make soon.

Mind you, if Browne ever does set foot in the UK it's more likely to be to flatten Audley, sadly.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:30 am

88Chris05 wrote: if you look at Australia's finest boxing exports, none of them have really been the big fellas (not since the days of that plastic Aussie Peter Jackson, anyway!).

Don't forget Fitzsimmons Chris, debates about his nationality never get tired!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:36 am

Hard to know what to think about this guy. I'd never heard of him, but looking at boxrec, he has a perfect record with lots of early KOs, but mainly against tomato cans. Never been in against anybody even half decent. The Toney camp probably expected to win easily... instead he got beaten up over 12 rounds.

A 34 year old who only started pro boxing when most others were a few years off retirement... reminds me of Matt Skelton.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:38 am

Rowley wrote:
88Chris05 wrote: if you look at Australia's finest boxing exports, none of them have really been the big fellas (not since the days of that plastic Aussie Peter Jackson, anyway!).

Don't forget Fitzsimmons Chris, debates about his nationality never get tired!

I never would, Jeff. It's my favourite never-ending 606 question, along with the classic "when does / did the decade start and end?" one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:42 am

Don't mention decadegate. I genuinely put some effort into that thread.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down