The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City

+4
Gerry SA
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
rob-glos
Soldier_Of_Fortune
8 posters

Go down

Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City Empty Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 May 2013, 1:33 pm

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9256613

Thoughts?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City Empty Re: Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City

Post by rob-glos Tue 14 May 2013, 1:42 pm

Bad idea for Murray...

Altitude, in Mexico...
Leave this one and take an easier one after Martinez!

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City Empty Re: Murray v Chavez Jr @ 165 in Mexico City

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 14 May 2013, 2:06 pm

When it was announced last year, before Murray's visa problems got in the way, I gave Murray a great chance to get the win and although the catch weight will help Chavez I still give Murray a great chance to get the win

I don't rate Chavez, he's just a big Brandon Rios who can't be bothered to train properly and gets through fights using his size and chin. Murray has a bad style for Chavez, and this fight could pan out like Zbik-Chavez. Chavez has improved since then but murray is better than Zbik

Murray is a strong middleweight, good workrate and stamina, right guard, good chin and enough power to get your respect. Chavez fights in spurts so I think Murray can outwork him

Chavez will easily weigh 190 on the night of the fight so won't be getting stopped, and Murray wont win a decision in mexico. Will be interesting to see what drugs tests they do if they do any

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 14 May 2013, 6:21 pm

I'm not a big fan of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, as for me he lives too much of his father's name.

But Chavez Jr KOs Murray no doubts.

Chavez is stronger and unlike Sergio Martinez, he will fight with a hands up.

Could be a similar fight to the Andy Lee fight.

Chavez Jr by KO around round 7 or 8.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 14 May 2013, 6:39 pm

He deserves it and good on him for taking it in Mexico too. At least he's not going to be asking what if at the end of his career.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 14 May 2013, 6:57 pm

Gerry SA wrote:I'm not a big fan of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, as for me he lives too much of his father's name.

Murray isnt Andy Lee, Lee gets into wars far too easily despite not having the toughness to fight in wars. Murray has a much tighter defence and is tougher. Murray wouldn't lose to Vera or have to get a last gasp KO to beat McEwan

Martinez hits harder than Chavez and is a lot quicker, Murray dealt with that part of Sergio's game easily enough

Zbik used quick fast combinations and hit Chavez a lot and Murray could do the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 14 May 2013, 7:12 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:I'm not a big fan of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, as for me he lives too much of his father's name.

Murray isnt Andy Lee, Lee gets into wars far too easily despite not having the toughness to fight in wars. Murray has a much tighter defence and is tougher. Murray wouldn't lose to Vera or have to get a last gasp KO to beat McEwan

Martinez hits harder than Chavez and is a lot quicker, Murray dealt with that part of Sergio's game easily enough

Zbik used quick fast combinations and hit Chavez a lot and Murray could do the same
Martinez hits harder than Chavez? What fights you been watching?

Chavez is very heavy handed.

Martinez has speed and timing over Chavez. But Chavez had plenty more power.

Murray's preformance against Martinez is being over played anyway.

Chavez inflicted all those injuries on Martinez, had Murray fought Martinez before the Chavez fight, Martinez would've KOd him.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 14 May 2013, 7:14 pm

I agree the Andy Lee comparison is unfair to Murray. This fight would be a real toss up I think.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 14 May 2013, 7:46 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Martinez hits harder than Chavez? What fights you been watching?

Chavez is very heavy handed.

Martinez has speed and timing over Chavez. But Chavez had plenty more power.

Murray's preformance against Martinez is being over played anyway.

Chavez inflicted all those injuries on Martinez, had Murray fought Martinez before the Chavez fight, Martinez would've KOd him.

Who has Chavez stopped that is known for being tough? He wears you down through body shots and is heavy handed, but Martinez has one punch power and has proved it a lot more than Martinez. Would Rubio or Zbik have gone 12 against Sergio, no

Murray's performance may be overplayed, but he did that Martinez himself through actually throwing punches back instead of just covering up and blocking with your face like Chavez did

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 16 May 2013, 8:08 pm

Martin Murray has just tweeted that a deal could not be reached.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 16 May 2013, 8:12 pm

Murray is bottling it. Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 16 May 2013, 8:47 pm

Seems like lots of Chavez opponents are falling through

Can't imagine too many people will want to go to Mexico City at a catch weight of 165lbs to fight Chavez who has a history of failing or forgetting to attend drugs tests

Gave Murray a great chance to get the win (on a fans card not the judges) but oh well, he has to look elsewhere. Lee just won a fight I think so that could be a possible fight or maybe try to hijack Barker's proposed fight against Geale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down