The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Premier League Team of the year CB

+11
Ent
Gregers
kwinigolfer
compelling and rich
Good Golly I'm Olly
Nakatomi Plaza
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
JamesLincs
Crimey
MtotheC
15 posters

Go down

Who are your two CB's of the year?

v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap19%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 12 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap3%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap6%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap10%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap32%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 20 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap3%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap15%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 9 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap2%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_lcap0%v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 62

Poll closed

v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Empty v2 Premier League Team of the year CB

Post by MtotheC Tue 14 May 2013, 3:58 pm

As the end of the 2012/13 season is upon us its time to name the v2 team of the year, next up is the centre back position

Who has impressed you this year?

Who has been the most consistent?

Please vote for your number 1 and leave a comment to explain your pick.

Please select two

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year CB

Post by Crimey Tue 14 May 2013, 4:00 pm

I went for Vertonghen and Natasatic. I think players like Vidic, Kompany have been pretty poor this year to be honest. Luiz is better as a defensive midfielder. Ferdinand has had a surprisingly good year, but not an excellent one. Jagielka has had a decent year, as as Koscielny and Agger. Shawcross was good at the start of the season but his form quickly dropped, he's hugely overrated. Not sure how Williams makes the list, I think he's such an average defender.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year CB Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year CB

Post by JamesLincs Tue 14 May 2013, 4:10 pm

vertonghen must walk this. hes been better than i thought he would be. his timing of challenges is perfect. i love him and hope we will have him for many years

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 14 May 2013, 4:29 pm

Appalled by no Winston Reid on this. Absolute shambles. Hes had a better season than at least 5 of them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 14 May 2013, 4:31 pm

Rio and Verthongen.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 14 May 2013, 4:48 pm

Verthongen as first choice. Gone for Luiz as his partner, as he's improved dramatically as the season's gone on, and is beginning to look like a leader for Chelsea.

Think Per Mertersacker unlucky not to be listed, probably been Arsenal's most consistent performer, particularly since the win over Munich in March.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 May 2013, 4:54 pm

BASSONG!!!!

Hands down winner
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 14 May 2013, 6:12 pm

i would have evans in that list also, been such an improvement from him in recent years. out of that list i went for rio and jags. always very impressed with jagielka for everton.

think verthongen is slightly overrated as a CB, seen quite a few games where he's looked very suspect defencievly. he's a cracking footballer and his best part of his game is coming forward, but that doesn't mean he's the best CB

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 14 May 2013, 8:10 pm

Ferdinand and Jagielka for me.
But Nastasic the best young centre-back for quite a while, average improvement will see him in next year's team.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 14 May 2013, 9:14 pm

Nastasic who has had a great first season accompanied by Jags

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 14 May 2013, 10:33 pm

Don't rate nastacic, remember kids it's easy to defend with 3 dms sitting in front of you.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 14 May 2013, 10:36 pm

Didn't see nastasic before he came to city then? Believe me he will be one of the best cbs in the world soon

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 14 May 2013, 11:49 pm

Gregers wrote:Didn't see nastasic before he came to city then? Believe me he will be one of the best cbs in the world soon

A few times for his country and he was awful.

Not that one swallow makes a summer.

Decent at heading and clearing in a structured unit but when he actually has to do some defending looks uncomfortable to me.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 May 2013, 1:09 am

Im still annoyed Reid isnt on this list. He'd be my third choice, just behind the two I picked of Rio and Vertonghen. The latter is Tottenham's only defender worthy of European football.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 15 May 2013, 9:55 am

Vertonghen and Jagielka

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 15 May 2013, 10:28 am

sevre lack of Mertesacker
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 15 May 2013, 1:49 pm

No Coloccini?

I know hands down we have been utter garbage this season...but without Colo i think we'd have been down and out ages ago...and it showed when he was out for a month or so with a back injury just how much we did miss him...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 May 2013, 3:50 pm

Went with Vertongen first choice, undecided on second. Clicked Kompany but should reallly have been Rio, my mistake.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down