The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Premier League Team of the year WG

+9
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
kwinigolfer
Crimey
Gregers
JamesLincs
MIG
MtotheC
13 posters

Go down

Who are your two WG's of the year?

v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap23%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 14 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap2%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap10%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap48%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 29 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap0%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap2%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap0%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_lcap11%v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 61

Poll closed

v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Empty v2 Premier League Team of the year WG

Post by MtotheC Wed 15 May 2013, 9:40 am

As the end of the 2012/13 season is upon us its time to name the v2 team of the year, next up is the two wing positions

Who has impressed you this year?

Who has been the most consistent?

Please vote for your number 1 and leave a comment to explain your pick.

Please select two.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year WG

Post by MIG Wed 15 May 2013, 9:52 am

Gone for Bale (obvious) and Snodgrass. Not many of the wingers on that list have consistently impressed me this season but whenever I watch Norwich Snodgrass seems to be at the centre of everything they do.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year WG Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year WG

Post by JamesLincs Wed 15 May 2013, 10:11 am

walcott has switched throughout the season, but because other than bale, no one else for me has really excelled throughout, i have to pick him.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 15 May 2013, 10:48 am

Bale (obviously) and Hazard (only just over Snodgrass and Walcott)

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 May 2013, 11:14 am

Lennon and Bale for me, I think they've both been very good this year. Bale is the obvious pick, but I think Lennon has become increasingly important to Tottenham as well and is one of the top wingers in the league.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 15 May 2013, 12:13 pm

Bale, Hazard

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 15 May 2013, 1:14 pm

Bale hasn't really been playing in the wing.

Unless you are going for a 433 formation most of the options haven't been playing as wingers.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 May 2013, 1:29 pm

I went for Snodgrass and Bale.

Bale is obvious.

Snodgrass has basically been our attack this season. Had a bit of a dip in form February/March time, but has really stepped up well, when I must admit I didn't think he would. If he had any sort of pace, he'd be at one of the bigger clubs already...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 15 May 2013, 2:06 pm

If you didn't vote for Bale, please give up watching football.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 15 May 2013, 2:21 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:If you didn't vote for Bale, please give up watching football.

He hasn't been playing on the wing...

His best form has been through the middle.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 15 May 2013, 2:32 pm

True but I didn't want to complicate the formation with 4-2-3-1's etc, a straight 4-4-2 was the simplist way and Bale fits on the wing better than in CM IMO in this format

Besides Bale has pretty much had a free role, hes opperated from the right, left, centre, off the striker and up front in the second half of the season so he could, like Mata and others have appeared on several of these polls. Just trying to keep it simple

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 May 2013, 3:53 pm

Bale by miles and then Hazard for me, same as pretty much everyone else it seems!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 May 2013, 4:10 pm

Bale and Walcott for me. Shout out to Milner
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 May 2013, 4:38 pm

Bale and Theo. The former is obvious but the latter has shown real improvement this year and goals are coming so much easier to him. Still pretty brainless, but he works well off a smart striker

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 15 May 2013, 7:30 pm

bale the only really stand out player in that list, the majority of the rest have had hit and miss seasons. i went for hazard, but even then he's had large periods playing poorly, good start and finish though

would have preferred to see mata in this list than cm and would have voted for him. seeing though him oscar and hazard swap and rotate positions he's been more wide than deep cm this season

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 15 May 2013, 7:34 pm

MtotheC wrote:True but I didn't want to complicate the formation with 4-2-3-1's etc, a straight 4-4-2 was the simplist way and Bale fits on the wing better than in CM IMO in this format

Besides Bale has pretty much had a free role, hes opperated from the right, left, centre, off the striker and up front in the second half of the season so he could, like Mata and others have appeared on several of these polls. Just trying to keep it simple

Yes but you are going to get a bit of a daft team at the end with a lot of players not playing where they normally play.

Bale would have less goals, and less eye catching performances had he been played on the left wing - I don't see how you could put him in a team of the season there.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 May 2013, 7:36 pm

Ent wrote:
MtotheC wrote:True but I didn't want to complicate the formation with 4-2-3-1's etc, a straight 4-4-2 was the simplist way and Bale fits on the wing better than in CM IMO in this format

Yes but you are going to get a bit of a daft team at the end with a lot of players not playing where they normally play.

Bale would have less goals, and less eye catching performances had he been played on the left wing - I don't see how you could put him in a team of the season there.

You mean like the PFA did? Same with Mata being a central midfielder.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 15 May 2013, 8:19 pm

Crimey wrote:
Ent wrote:

Just because someone else has done it doesn't mean it isn't daft.

If this is where Mata normally plays (Europa league final), he is basically a deep lying forward...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 May 2013, 8:33 pm

Ent wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Ent wrote:

Just because someone else has done it doesn't mean it isn't daft.

If this is where Mata normally plays (Europa league final), he is basically a deep lying forward...

I think everybody is aware of that, but you have to pick a formation and then just fit in players the best you can. If the team selected at the end doesn't fit the formation, just move the players about a bit.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down