The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Beckham - What Can He Give Back?

4 posters

Go down

David Beckham - What Can He Give Back? Empty David Beckham - What Can He Give Back?

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013 - 10:29

So the curtain is coming down on arguably the most famous footballer on the planet. Say what you will but he has certainly had a fantastic career and one of envy. Titles in 4 different countries, play alongside some of the greatest players to have played the game and has played at the very top of the game for over a decade. You can't deny the massive influence he has had on the sport. It even stretched beyond football and helped in London landing the Olympics.

Having watched and listened to his interview it was humbling to see someone who has loved the game so much walk away. Without question he is one of the most dedicated and professional footballers I have seen. He mentioned in his interview wanting to give something back to the game which has provdied for him. The question is what can he give back? He supports many charities and even has a football academy. So where does this leave David? Footballers when winding down have 2 choices really. Stay in the game or move over to the media.

David Beckham the coach/manager? Well no-one has shown immeasurable pride and commitment to play for their country as David has shown. You could argue maybe he was chasing the personal milestone with the caps record and also looking to appear at a 4th World Cup. I would say most of his career defining moments came from England duty. However, seeing him at the 2010 World Cup and even with his legendary status with England could not help to inspire them to play well at the World Cup. Is coaching and managing the fit for David? I could see a lot of backing for him to manage the national team one day. I think one of the stumbling blocks for David is the size of his profile. I could see that causing a lot of conflict as with any football club no-one is bigger than it. The England job could be the perfect fit for him, though you wonder if that is a route he wants to pursue. He has the experience of playing across the world and maybe that experience could give him an extra edge though it has been proven that it is not a guarantee if the squad you have is not good enough. I think maybe he could follow someone like Sir Bobby Charlton or Zinedine Zidane and act in a ambassador role for someone like Man Utd or Real Madrid. I am sure he could pull in sponsors with the drop of a hat.

How about David as a pundit? Gary Lineker has had tremendous success in front of the camera and has even expanded beyond his MOTD duties with hosting the Open for the BBC. David isn't shy and has always stood before the cameras with general ease. His former team mate Gary Neville has certainly carved a nice media career for himself with Sky. Could David do a Lineker and host football for Sky? It does raise questions if he would enjoy being a spectator rather than still involved with the game, but again like Neville could mix both media and football duties.

Whatever he decides to do you have to he has had a wonderful career and I am sure we haven't seen the last of him.

Last edited by legendkillarV2 on Fri 17 May 2013 - 14:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

David Beckham - What Can He Give Back? Empty Re: David Beckham - What Can He Give Back?

Post by Stella Fri 17 May 2013 - 12:55

Would like to see him involved with the England Football team, as a coach/assistant. Not sure he has any badges, or you need any but he would inspire and he does love his country.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

David Beckham - What Can He Give Back? Empty Re: David Beckham - What Can He Give Back?

Post by cherriesfna Fri 17 May 2013 - 13:32

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22568870

CHRIS WADDLE = COMPLETE MORON
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 May 2013 - 13:33

Good article lk. Without being too nasty to David, he doesn't strike me as the brightest man ever so I don't think management is for him. The size of "Brand Beckham" makes me doubt he'll go into a coaching role or punditry. Therefore, I think an ambassadorial role would suit him perfectly but for which club I cannot say. If I had to make a guess, I'd say his boyhood club, especially now Fergie is out of the way, but then again would Moyes want another one of Fergie's old boys hanging around? Perhaps not.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 17 May 2013 - 13:50

Just read Man Utd are ready to offer him an ambassadorial role with the club
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013 - 14:08

Wouldn't he be best suited to promoting sport/fitness and general health amongst school kids without actually focusing on one specific sport. I look at him alongside the likes of Usain Bolt teaching kids the virtue of hard work, dedication etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down