The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft

+13
The Galveston Giant
B91212
Sir. badgerhands
Hulking_up
bsando
Crimey
Pr4wn
hampo17
Bull
Gregers
Duty281
Trebs
pscott
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft Empty Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft

Post by pscott Tue 21 May 2013, 6:06 pm

Watching it now, should be an hour now

pscott

Back to top Go down

Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft Empty Re: Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft

Post by Trebs Tue 21 May 2013, 6:07 pm

Xbox One is the name of the new console.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft Empty Re: Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft

Post by pscott Tue 21 May 2013, 6:09 pm

Go to xbox.com, its going to be called xbox one

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 21 May 2013, 6:13 pm

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hub/reveal

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 21 May 2013, 6:34 pm

Can't say I'm enamoured, looks like it'll be controlled by facial and voice recognition. #byebyeprivacy

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 21 May 2013, 6:51 pm

If I want to use Skype, I will use my Laptop. If I want to watch live TV, I will use my TV. I just want a gaming console to play games. That surely isn't too difficult is it?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 21 May 2013, 7:08 pm

I've got a frozen Steven Spielberg

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 21 May 2013, 7:09 pm

The console looks awful, the controller looks awful and the features are poor

It runs windows 8? I'm sure that can only go well...

Have Sony won the next gen before its even started? Definitely looks that way

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 21 May 2013, 7:26 pm

Gregers wrote:The console looks awful, the controller looks awful and the features are poor

It runs windows 8? I'm sure that can only go well...

Have Sony won the next gen before its even started? Definitely looks that way

YES They have Microsoft have made an Entertainment System while Sony's PlayStation looks to be the gamer console

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 21 May 2013, 7:27 pm

Also Quantum break seems like a copied version of Beyond Two Souls

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:04 pm

Xbox already does most of those things, they've just incorporated a little more windows 8 aspects. Never been endeared to sony, their online side of things is awful.

The new XBOX looks very good, but more importantly than what any console looks like is what the graphics look like and the new EA system looks awesome.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 21 May 2013, 9:30 pm

I think it looks great! Will reduce the number of electrical goods under my tv and they don't seem to have shirked on the gaming side of things.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 21 May 2013, 9:36 pm

How will it work if you have a tivo or sky box, will you plug that in to the Xbox?

Will Microsoft be watching what I watch?

Am I paranoid much?

Kinnect bundled with the console so a bit more cash

I was getting a bit irritated with how much time they spent on TV.

EA telling you they will do a FIFA game, NFL, UFC and Madden in the first year of the consoles life isn't exactly a crikey moment

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:55 pm

It looks like an old VCR player as well which probably isn't helping.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 10:49 am

I'll be getting it as I'll never defect over to Sony but I wish they would have just realised that what the majority of us care about is the gaming experience, not television, not skype, not internet explorer. Just good old fashioned, pick up your control pad and play a game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 12:38 pm

Not surprised by all this sharing and multi-function switching from gaming to films to TV. It's more an all-round entertainment piece rather than a solely focused gaming console but what did we expect in this crazy world of sharing and invading everyone's privacy.

Does the console have to be online at all times to work? If you've got a slow connection then half the features will be appalling to use. What's the overall cost and hidden fees included and what's this stuff about selling a game or giving it to a friend and then it becomes void?

Any other features worth a mention? Not too excited about all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 May 2013, 1:06 pm

I'm so glad that I can finally watch TV on my TV!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 22 May 2013, 1:33 pm

Sounds like a dream for anyone in America who lives in a city, has cable internet which is just standard for the US. Loves NFL, wants an all round entertainment package, occasionally plays games.

Sounds like a nightmare for someone who only wants games, has a slow internet connection (nearly every household in the UK compared with standard connection speeds in Asia and USA) or lives in a remote area of the world.

I think it looks like a really cool entertainment package. If I had fibre optic broadband in my flat i would buy one on release date, because I like the idea of having no remotes and the interactive aspect of the device looks awesome (if it works like it did in the reveal).

However, I don't have access to fibre optic broadband, not available where i live. My internet is very average. Therefore, I think I would prefer a PS4. Has better RAM as well and is aimed towards gamers, not an all in one package.

Seems like hardcore gamers will be swapping to Play Station this xmas. But Xbox will pick up a lot of sales from non gamers who have a good internet connection.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 22 May 2013, 2:13 pm

Better get my pre-order in for the PS4 because this new xbox is getting slated big time.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Wed 22 May 2013, 3:17 pm

From what I've read you don't have to be always online, but if the thing about buying an online pass for second hand games is true i would have thought you would have yo be online after putting in the disc.

my only positive would be the amount of new ips from Microsoft.

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Thu 23 May 2013, 7:49 am

Announcement re nextbox streaming now on Microsoft Tweet11

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 23 May 2013, 4:18 pm

The fact that it’s not backwards compatible and they have pretty much sunk the pre-owned market makes me think that I may avoid this version of the Xbox.

Add to the fact that my 5th Xbox decided to give up living the other night after sounding like a fighter jet engine for the last 2 months has left me in a state of annoyance with Microsoft.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 23 May 2013, 4:19 pm

The fact that it’s not backwards compatible and they have pretty much sunk the pre-owned market makes me think that I may avoid this version of the Xbox.

Add to the fact that my 5th Xbox decided to give up living the other night after sounding like a fighter jet engine for the last 2 months has left me in a state of annoyance with Microsoft.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 23 May 2013, 4:41 pm

Another who wants their games console to be just that - a games console. Not an entertainment center as I already have everything else they are offering on multiple other platforms that I use daily anyway. Plus if they are running these multiple apps/uses at all times even in the background then couldn't the lower amount of ram compared to Sony make a significantly negative performance difference between the two consoles?

The second hand games thing needs resolving quickly, they need to just come out with how it will work instead of different VP's contradicting each other. It seems to me that they were intending on charging for using second hand games and were testing the initial response by being evasive. I wonder if all the bad press they are now receiving on this issue will make them change their plans? If they do persist with charging for using previously registered games then I hope Sony take the brave option and keeps things as they currently are and not take the easy option and follow suite. If they do differ in this then it could be a massive factor in sales of the units.

From the rumors I had read before the xbox launch I was already moving towards my first Play Station since the PS1 and the Microsoft poorly done Apple rip-off launch didn't do anything to change that. Also 'Xbox One' is a crap name Rolling Eyes.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 23 May 2013, 4:44 pm

In response to the chart posted earlier today by Hulking_up I'm not surprised in the slightest that the gaming community are voting as they are.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 23 May 2013, 4:54 pm

Now how much will it be? I'm hearing rumours of anywhere from £300 to £600!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 27 May 2013, 9:14 pm

I might wait for the 'Xbox Two'. What a Poopie name and console. I don't want to change to Sony.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 11:03 am

I think alot of people will be changing to PS4 this time. Xbox Two will be out in about 2018.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 12:42 pm

I have no sympathy for second-hand gamers. Microsoft get zero cash when games are re-sold, so they're ensuring they get all the money from games sold. A smart move, and a fair one in my book, seeing as I always buy my games first-hand. I've never bought a second-hand game in my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 2:33 pm

So can someone just enlighten me about this re-selling issue. You buy a game, like a disk presumably. but how can you not be able to sell the game, in secret, to another person. Is it like a code you have to put in, like PC games, and then that game is basically void apart from that console.

Yeah, pretty smart move from Xbox is that is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 2:37 pm

I think that is how it works John, with the disc you get a once-only code that allows your XBOX profile ONLY to use that disc. XBOX get millions more £, people who buy second-hand games lose out. I'd rather XBOX got the money so they can use it to improve and expand for the XBOX Two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 28 May 2013, 2:52 pm

What's the point of discs then if you have a once-only code?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 28 May 2013, 2:56 pm

It's just pure greed on Microsoft's part, its not like they are being cheated at the first till point at the moment anyway. All the second-hand process allowed was for the player to get things slightly cheaper if they traded in old games, the biggest benefactor of the whole process was the seller.

Now if XBOX were to reduce the price of its games in line with the PC market both in terms of initial sale and as the product ages then I can see a reason for their move.

It will be curious to see what develops between now and launch and what Microsoft's final stand point on the issue is.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 28 May 2013, 7:39 pm

What happens when you buy a game and it turns out you don't like it.
You can't trade it in or sell it to someone else who might like it.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 28 May 2013, 8:35 pm

anyone know what kind of subscription price will be considering it's £40 on xbox now?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 9:12 pm

Hulking_up wrote:What happens when you buy a game and it turns out you don't like it.
You can't trade it in or sell it to someone else who might like it.

That's what I'm thinking. Make sure you do your homework on the game I guess. You can understand why Xbox have made this decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 28 May 2013, 9:55 pm

I can understand why XBOX have done this no doubt, doesn't mean I agree with it. Their main reason about doing it is nothing other than to make sue more money comes there way ad that's it. Previously you had first point and second point sales, now XBOX have seemingly changed that to just first point sales so they can get the money that was previously going to the retail sellers.

I don't have a huge problem with this if they reduced the cost of their products at initial sale point to more in-line with the PC market but they won't.

The biggest problem consumers have anyway is that most use magazine reviews as a source of homework on what a game is like. My major issue being is about 98% tend to be in bed with the publishers or just be plain incompetent in their reviews.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 30 May 2013, 8:40 am

Just had an email from Amazon, they are taking preorders at 599 quid. Holy cow

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 9:14 am

They have it @ 399.99 on play.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:22 am

You do not own the games you buy. You license them.
Discs are only used to install and then license games and do not imply ownership.
People can play games installed on your console whether you're logged in or not.
10 people can be authorised to play these games on a different Xbox One via the cloud, but not at the same time, similar to iTunes authorised devices.
Publishers decide whether you can trade in your games and may charge for this.
Publishers decide whether you can give a game you own to someone for free, and this only works if they have been on your friends list for 30 days.
Your account allows you to play the games you license on any console.
Your Xbox One must connect to the internet every 24 hours to keep playing games.
When playing on another Xbox One with your account, this is reduced to one hour.
Live TV, Blu-ray and DVD movies are exempt from these internet requirements.
Loaning and renting games will not be possible at launch, but Microsoft is "exploring the possibilities".
Microsoft may change these policies or discontinue them at any point.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:25 am

Sounds appalling!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:28 am

Haha wow, I've been an XBOX fanatic ever since the first one came out, but if all that is true Nando, I'll be buying the PS4 picard

I refuse to pay £40 for something I won't even own, or decide how I can distribute it. It's like paying £40 for lunch and not knowing if you're allowed to eat it, or if you can let someone else have one of your chips. Madness!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:29 am

When playing on another XboxOne with your account, this is reduced to one hour.....haha, it's like prison and your being watched and limited.

Ridiculous some of those points. I think this will be a landslide for PS4 but actually havent seen much reviews on the Playstation, anything majorly worrying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:30 am

I actually think this could be a disaster for Xbox. They've marketed it at completely the wrong people, and if PS4 were also having these policies then they'd be alright, but because they're not, people will move to the competition, especially as I imagine the PS4 will come out first.

I do think that Xbox was better than Playstation last generation but it seems the violent change in direction from Xbox is really going to harm them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:31 am

They've been saying this week that Sony needs the PS4 to be a huge success, else the company will start to struggle...it appears Microsoft have handed Sony the victory without a single console even being sold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:31 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Haha wow, I've been an XBOX fanatic ever since the first one came out, but if all that is true Nando, I'll be buying the PS4 picard

I refuse to pay £40 for something I won't even own, or decide how I can distribute it. It's like paying £40 for lunch and not knowing if you're allowed to eat it, or if you can let someone else have one of your chips. Madness!

I doubt the games are going to be £40.

The Xbox One games are currently on Amazon for £90. Same goes for PS4. That'll likely change but I'd be surprised if it went down as low as £40 again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:32 am

I'm just going to wait for the Steam console to be honest. Valve has shown in the past that they are interested in quality, and hopefully that continues if they do release their console.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:33 am

Well you know what I mean Laugh

I can honestly see me not getting a new console. I'll be 32 when these are released, and all I want to do is play a game or two on it for a couple of evenings a week. Not all this 'always on, pay through your nose for stuff you don't need' rubbish.

My FM addiction may come back this Christmas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:40 am

I'm a bit sad about the release of these two consoles, as it will probably be the first time that I don't have a games console since I was about 8. But all the Xbox announcements have turned me away from buying it, while we know very little about the PS4.

If the "Steambox" does come out, I think I'd definitely be interested in buying that.

Also both those consoles are about £500-£600 which is absolutely ridiculous. Who wants to spend that kind of money on a console alone, and then spend nearly £100 every time they want a new game on it. Ridiculous.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:34 am

Asda are claiming they have record preorders, does this mean that its only really geeks that are getting worked about theses points.

Does the man in the street even care?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next