The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt

+17
bedfordwelsh
Taffineastbourne
doctor_grey
Welsh Magician
Cardiff Dave
Jhamer25
LordDowlais
Scrumdown
whocares
ScarletSpiderman
formerly known as Sam
Scarpia
thebluesmancometh
pioden gorllewin
Stone Motif
Luckless Pedestrian
Kingshu
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt - Page 3 Empty Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Keep it clean, no Linda Lusardi calls!

I was thinking about the NWQ and the WQ conundrum, and how in an ideal world the Welsh players who have fallen out of favour at other regions or overseas clubs would all automatically like to come to the Dragons. It doesn't happen for one reason or another, be it financial, aspirational or just plain snobbery! So, I was wondering which players you realistically (in terms of money, not necessarily likelihood) would like to see at the Dragons, a player that would help to tick a number of the boxes in terms of promoting the welsh agenda, developing a strong region, nurturing Wales ambitions, bringing in the odd quality overseas player, etc. Remember, we're not too flush so Dan Carter at 10 is unlikely.

I'll start:

I'm always been a fan of Andrew Bishop. He's not the flashiest, but he is solid in defense and dependable - like a better version of Ashley Smith for me. Ashley has gone apparently so Bishop would be a good replacement. He seems to have fallen out of favour slightly at the O's so this would give him a chance to get back into regular rugby and give us a stronger midfield.

Another would be Craig Mitchell. A very good prop who I'd like to see shore up our scrum. Playing in Exeter, probably on a good salary and loving life, but I'd like to bring him home to improve our region.

Jonathan Thomas - linked to a move away, out of favour at the O's. We were doing OK for backrow options, but with Lydiate going and Coombs looking more like a lock option I think Thomas could come in and be a very useful addition. It may help him get back in the Wales team window if he can get a load of games under his belt.

I'll think of some more as I go...

Back to top Go down

Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt - Page 3 Empty Re: Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:29 pm

Technically speaking there's no such team as Leicester Tigers the official name of the club is Leicester Football Club. The Tigers bit was a nickname that stuck and is now used by everyone including the club who plaster it across the stadium and the club competitions who recognise the brand (as apparently that's what it is these days).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt - Page 3 Empty Re: Who would you (realistically) like to see in a Gwent Dragons shirt

Post by GavinDragon Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

slightly different as that relates to a brand

it still narks me when a commentator refers to a welsh player representing their club,

if they are based in wales it is their region

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:i only started following domestic rugby in wales when regionalism was formed...living in Monmouthshire I felt enfranchised being part of a greater gwent region...

One of my first games, just before regionalism by the way, was Cardiff v Newport at CAP and more than 16000 attended that day.

what year was that? If CAP's capacity is 9 or 10000 now (correct me if im wrong) how could it have been so much bigger back then?

and secondly I dont see why you felt the need to point that out to me Cardiff Vs Newport RFC even if played now in front of 20,000 would be of little interest to me as newport is not my team as I am not from newport...(doesnt mean to say I wouldnt want them to win as I would-as i do for all the gwent based clubs)

dragons vs mogliano in front of 1000 is of interest because they are MY region, its where I am from and I want them to do well....

13500k (o'fficial) back then and to this day, the ground hasn't changed at all. H & S say different nowadays however.
Loads standing on the yellow took it up a notch, but the cops who were called didn't bother shifting anyone. It was all a bit mental actually, but marvelous all the same.
You are correct, Cardiff v Newport it was that evening - The pro sides that play at Rodders and CAP.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Jun 2013, 10:32 pm

GavinDragon wrote:slightly different as that relates to a brand

it still narks me when a commentator refers to a welsh player representing their club,

if they are based in wales it is their region

Why does it nark you?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3