The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester

+3
Portnoy's Complaint
formerly known as Sam
doctor_grey
7 posters

Go down

C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester Empty C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester

Post by doctor_grey Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 pm

This is going to hurt:
Congrats to Tigers. C...ccc....class outfit. (that hurt like a prostate exam).

In all seriousness: well played. Seize the moment and go for the jugular. Well done. Deserving champs.
You looked good across the park and I have to hold your team in the fullest re....resp....respect (whew, typing is difficult).

Now, how abouts you bring that form to the Heineken Cup, please lads?

Man of the Match: all

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester Empty Re: C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Cheers. I thought Saints played really well and made it very nervy despite being down to 14 early in the second half.

Jamie Elliot being subbed instead of Pisi was a strange decision though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester Empty Re: C...C.....congratulations to Le....Leicester

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat May 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Kay and Healey to share the mom awards for keeping their neutrality?

Old sloppy-lips on Sky would have done his loofah.

Also espn announced that BT would be getting the game next year.
What tells me that Sky wouldn't have?

[ed] Oh and a good game marred by the Barnes/Hartley intervention.

Maybe Cockers should have been sent to the dressing room as well?
He was just as culpable of any lack of sportsmanship.

And Doreen West got her blue rinse messed at half time for that matter up.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun May 26, 2013 12:48 am

Possible fines for Cockers and West depending on how the RFU take their comments and just what Cockers said.

If Barnes felt he was being verbally abused he had to reach for the red, Hartley had already been warned.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun May 26, 2013 2:22 am

D d d Doc, you seem a tad u u u upset.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun May 26, 2013 2:56 am

Thanks Doc. Will write up my thoughts once I have recovered from the journey to Twickenham. 3.5hrs to travel 50 miles!!!!!

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Mornin/afternoon/evening..........

First, I would like to summarise my feelings about yesterday:
Buggeration

Secondly, to my captain, whom I have defended from time to time:
Tait toi (polite French way to ask one to kindly refrain from any vocal activities)

To the rest of my team: Still love you guys. Banging on with only 14
was terrific.

Unfortunately almost no team wins with 14 men in a high profile match. Someone must/had to have told my captain that Barnes gave a red card earlier this season in the FRIST FIVE MINUTES of the Heineken Cup match between Munster and Racing Metro. He does this, so keep your yap shut, you evolutionary dead-end.

interesting story about that match at Munster. I was there with my team from America - were actually the Honour Guard on the pitch. Barnes calls the red as soon as I got back to my seat. I was told what happened and my first thought was that boob Barnes just ruined a match which my mates and I had just flown 3000 miles to watch. I was neutral so no horse in the race, just wanted to experience a home match at Thomond Park. Then a few minutes later Barnes gets kicked in the face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnbzmuiKFk
Did I feel that was retribution for ruining that match for me? No. Because I still had to spend the rest of that cold, windy, January match sitting there freezing my reproductives off. The local Munster fans were obviously a bit happier.
Sorry, back to the match: No way to predict what the final outcome was going to be if my captain played the full 80. I think Leicester were playing a bit better at the time, but was still close. Was hoping to send Mujati and Tiny off in grand fashion. They were great for Saints and great in the community. Gentlemen.

There is still a lot of talent at Saints, but this run is over. A lot of new blood is needed and I hope we can maintain, then grow.

And to the boys up the M1, please tell your coach, the esteemed Mr. Cockerill, to be humble in victory, at least, maybe a little. And for the rest, see you in Harborough over the suimmer somewhere.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun May 26, 2013 4:21 pm

What is wrong with:

He said: "Today is fantastic, you feel for the runners-up because it's tough. There was so much in the game. It was a typical Leicester versus Saints derby and it just got out of control occasionally.

"Every year we try and be consistent to be here every year and to then win it and be champions is fantastic, against a very good side. Even with a man down they pushed us all the way. For us to be able to come on the big day and not bottle it is pleasing.

"They played some good stuff and they're a good side. I said three or four weeks ago that they were good enough to win the Championship, they won't get anything but praise from us. We treat them with a huge amount of respect."

From the Premiership website: http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/25105.php#.UaHv4Jx5F9U

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm

By the same token LT...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22669541

How Northampton decide to behave is up to them," said Cockerill. "Because my players weren't accusing other players of anything or hitting people late. Leicester were very disciplined and thus got their rewards.
"I didn't ask anybody to hit anybody late. I didn't tell someone to swear at anybody."

"I was saying to the fourth official surely we need to go to the television match official," he said.
"It's clearly foul play, a penalty is given and you've broken an international fly-half. For me it's a yellow card or potentially more.
"It's OK to hit players late and OK for players to leave the field concussed, is that what we're saying? I'm protecting my players."

For me Cockers behaviour running down fromt he stand and screaming at the 4th official was as worthy of a red card as Hartley's offence.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun May 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Some of those comments were in reaction to comments made by West, Pete. In the heat of the moment both sets of coaches said things from the heart - which can be silly. Once dust settled both set said the right things.

I thought Cockerill did receive a "card" . He was completely in the wrong and will be banned from matchday coaching for several weeks at the start of the season.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun May 26, 2013 4:58 pm

He was banished backed to the stand by the fourth official who seemed to give as good as he got (which amused me more than slightly). Cockers does need to keep his ranting to himself and generally does, I guess the emotions of the final got to him and I won't be surprised when he cops a fine and touchline ban.

Lost what little respect I had left for Dorian West, his half time interview would have been cringing if it came from Sir Alex but the fact it came from an old school rugby man was very disappointing.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I like Cockrel. Think he is an excellent coach however I guess he does say things sometimes that he might regret. Not to the point of being a major issue though.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down